• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
White was my first Pokémon game, and the first video game I ever loved.

It’s probably why I’m so insanely loyal to the Pokémon series.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have to say Zekrom is definitely my favorite box legendary.

It just looks so menacing and sturdy.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Platinum was the first Pokemon game I ever owned, played and finished, I played a bit of Blue before, but that game belonged to my sister (yeah, we had a Gameboy before).

Suffice to say this game hold a special place in my heart, and anyone who say it's a bad game can go on the moon and GET DESTROYED BY MY SUPER LASER-

*see a mod*

....hhuuuuuh, nothing, never mind.:cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm honestly really surprised by how many people prioritize catching pokemon in their playthroughs, I barely end up with more than a box full

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In all cases, time for me to go to sleep, so good night to you all, folks!:ultjigglypuff:

D

Deleted member

Walking to your mom's room at 3 AM and you step on a LEGO brick.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
only reason i'm willing to put stock in the 78 day theory is that, if followed, it takes us right up to late feburary--the specified end of the pass.

i doubt very much that the team is following such a rigid release schedule, though if they want to get all the characters out on time without any dual releases, i do think it offers a reasonable suggestion (if nothing else) of the most sensible days/weeks of release towards meeting that aim

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The "78 day" theory better be true, because I just spent half an hour making a meme that will only work if it's true.
Well at least you won't have spent hours pouring time and energy into pro-Grinch memes

... It's been over half a year and I still can't get over the fact that the ****ing Grinch was briefly of central relevance to Smash speculation

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The "78 day" theory better be true, because I just spent half an hour making a meme that will only work if it's true.
See I thought originally the 4th of July being a big summer holiday would be a good release date for hero, but given hero’s eastern popularity, Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth bought good points up that he would release later this month when it be better for japan. Which makes a lot of sense.

We will know soon enough though. I’d be happy if hero was announced to drop tomorrow today though

D

Deleted member

My first Pokemon game was White 2, but I wish I played Black 2, because honestly I love a good hard challenge. I don't like things that are too easy.
I have to say Zekrom is definitely my favorite box legendary.

It just looks so menacing and sturdy.
Reminder that Dunsparce can learn Earthquake, but Zekrom can't.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Say it with me crew.

WE.
NEED.
WILL.
SMITH.
YOSHI.
Nah, they wouldn't make Will Smith look like Yoshi. All they'd do is make him green.

...Have I said something like this before?

from what I heard, Toy Story 4 is actually reall damn touching
It's touching, but they kind of rushed the ending. Some characters who you'd expect to have an emotional moment because they've been in the series since the very beginning are just like, "Hey, we forgot we had a purpose, so we'll just smile and stand in the background so Bo Peep and the new characters get the tearjerker moments."

D

Deleted member

Just unlocked Tawna in Nitro Fueled!

Also wish to see many people asking more stuff on my AMA, I enjoy telling or answering to someone since it actually helps me fight anxiety.

The AMA feels therapeutic.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Honestly, I still doubt it. I can really only see it being a bit later in July.

Maybe it's because I find it hard to believe Nintendo would make such a linear schedule like that for releases.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm honestly really surprised by how many people prioritize catching pokemon in their playthroughs, I barely end up with more than a box full
I’ve completed the Pokédex in every gen 7 game. And I’ll do the same for Galar.

Because I like giving all of them stupid names :V

D

Deleted member

Nah, they wouldn't make Will Smith look like Yoshi. All they'd do is make him green.

...Have I said something like this before?

It's touching, but they kind of rushed the ending. Some characters who you'd expect to have an emotional moment because they've been in the series since the very beginning are just like, "Hey, we forgot we had a purpose, so we'll just smile and stand in the background so Bo Peep and the new characters get the tearjerker moments."
That’s one of it’s issues. The side characters that were fun in the original trilogy are just... There.

D

Deleted member

So, let’s say that 78 theory is true...

When would Hero release if that’s the case?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway if 78 theory doesn't happen i'll do myself a down b and hope the RNG gods have given me kamikazee

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
July 19th is the hill I will die on for Hero's release. Bite me date theory!

Sincerely yours,

gut feeling theory

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
See I thought originally the 4th of July being a big summer holiday would be a good release date for hero, but given hero’s eastern popularity, Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth bought good points up that he would release later this month when it be better for japan. Which makes a lot of sense.

We will know soon enough though. I’d be happy if hero was announced to drop tomorrow today though
...I brought that up? I thought that might've been StormC or someone else. I literally don't remember making that argument.

It's a reasonable one, that said.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think another thing to discuss while talking about Pokemon is that we all tend to look back at our favorite gens with rose-tinted glasses.

I love Black and White, but I do think it's kind of funny that we're all praising those games while complaining that Sword/Shield probably won't have post-game content or break the formula much. Not to say that Sword/Shield's criticisms are unfounded.

In fact, once you got past all the whining and genwunning about the designs, a big criticism with Black/White back in the day was that they were still formulaic. It fixed the climax problem of previous games by combining the story climax with the Champion Battle, but it still followed the "collect 8 gym badges then go fight the champion" structure that's been around since Gen 1. Post game content was really lacking to. You had the Black City / White Forest I guess, but that was a far cry from the Battle Frontier.

It just kind of seems strange to me that we're treating those games like groundbreaking masterpieces these days. That's certainly not how people saw them at the time of their release.
I always thought B/W got an unfair reception, so I was actually looking forward to when it became its turn on the nostalgia praise train, but now that it's come it's just too much. If I discard my heavy nostalgia for R/B/Y, then I'd say B/W are my favorite games in the series, and it's been that practically since it came out (took a second playthrough for it to oust HG/SS), but that doesn't mean that I want Sw/Sh to be similar to them, B/W were exactly what Pokémon needed at the time imo, but I don't necessarily think the series needs the same things now that it did 9 years ago.

As an example, something I'd love in Sw/Sh is non-linearity once you reach a certain point in the story, kinda like in G/S/C where once you beat Ecruteak's gym you can challenge any of the next three gyms in any order you'd like, although I'd like it to be a bit more expansive than that. Obviously that wasn't the case with B/W at all, they're easily the most linear games in the series, so much so that you literally travel straight forward for the entire story except for that short detour back into the ruins with Alder, and then it's back to the one way track. I also think B/W did the heavy storytelling formular about as well as a Pokémon game probably can, so I'd rather Sw/Sh aims to give the player a feeling of being on their own adventure, I think that's what the series needs now.

It's been a bit of a bizarre experience suddenly being on the other side of the B/W arguments, for years I used to defend the games, even if I acknowledged their faults, but now I find myself putting more and more emphasis on those faults in a futile attempt to strike some sort of balance when discussing them. They are not masterpiece games, I don't think any individual Pokémon game is, the strength of the series lies in its overall concept and the simple yet appealing core mechanics, after that it's the games' nuances that determine their quality in comparison to each other, at least that's how I see it.

I don't think nostalgia is this big bad thing a lot of people make it out to be, it can be a fantastic thing if embraced, but when it comes to discussions I do like it when people can at least be aware of their own, otherwise it becomes difficult for the discussion to be sensible. I get why it's like this with Pokémon though, it's something so deeply ingrained in people's childhoods, and new younger fans are constantly joining the community, so I don't think there's any helping it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Seriously, mid July or bust. I try not to take theories to heart.

July 19th is the hill I will die on for Hero's release. Bite me date theory!

Sincerely yours,

gut feeling theory
I agree. It seems to me like a later release would be more fitting for eastern audiences in addition to elsewhere. Tomorrow just feels weird.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No You on the poll? Come on, I need my fourth wall break fix

D

Deleted member

Hero and Banjo come out but it turns out all those trailers were fake and they're just alts of Joker. They had a really limited budget for the dlc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom