• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Whatever happened to “it doesn’t matter if the character is new or old, or weather they are recognized by everyone”
It doesn't matter, but I honestly believe, and hell, Sakurai himself has said this multiple times in the past now, that Smash is "A celebration of gaming".

Honestly... it'd be weirder for Minecraft not to be in if it really was a true "Celebration of gaming".

D

Deleted member

I'm the only one who doesn't find the masks from SMB2 creepy?

Yeah, they are frustrating enemies to deal with... But I never found them as creepy as YouTube top 10s paint them out to be.

The spiders in Minecraft or the Diggernaut from Samus Returns however.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I'm the only one who doesn't find the masks from SMB2 creepy?

Yeah, they are frustrating enemies to deal with... But I never found them as creepy as YouTube top 10s paint them out to be.

The spiders in Minecraft or the Diggernaut from Samus Returns however.
They never scared me. Just were annoying. Only thing that actually scared me was og re2 with thr alligator. And that was because i had not saved up until that point.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
No Master Chief costume is very surprising.

Makes me wonder if this is seemingly the last DLC pass why not go all in and add Chief as a costume to complete Microsoft representation.

This is a big tinfoil hat theory but I wonder if those extra 4 slots we still have in the files will actually get filled and maybe just be single releases rather then a pass. Perhaps Chief could show up there but that’s just a theory[insert meme here]
Because Halo license would be too expensive for mere Mii costume?

D

Deleted member

So I booted up DMO for the first time in years and have to start over because my old characters are gone for some reason. But hey there's now an actual intro cutscene that I know for a fact wasn't there a few months back! Curious to see how much the game has improved because last time I played you literally could just skip half the story and head straight towards areas you're not supposed to be in

Last edited by a moderator:

Luig

Confused
I'd like to expand a little bit on an earlier post of mine, about cuts and character overhauls. You can disagree with me, it's fine, I completely understand the other view, but this is how I feel. I'll be honest; when I saw that first trailer, with "Everyone is here!" I was somewhat disappointed. I view character cuts as a natural part of the process, the cycle of maybe being disappointed, then getting hyped again. I just think having a reasonable roster size helps a ton with the developers working on other things, especially balance, mechanics, and overhauling characters, which was something I mentioned. I'm aware it may split the old guard and the new guard, but I honestly think the excitement of having a completely new Mario or something would be amazing, as I feel some of the older characters, especially the original 12. regardless of their viability, feel a bit.... archaic compared to the newer characters, though that may me a strong word. I absolutely still like playing as them, but I'd love to see character overhauls, and more new stuff. That would really excite me.

I used to use this forum all the time, but towards the end of 4's life, i stopped using it, and I really haven't played ultimate much, only around 20 hours. It's not that I don't think it's good; it's most certainly a great game, and it's definitely better than 4, but I just haven't really cared about it much; honestly, I've been going back to brawl most, in my recent months. I honestly would've never seen myself fallout out with the series like this, considering how much I played brawl and 4. I modded every smash game, I got involved with a big mod project for 4 when i was 13, and I used smashboards almost every day. I kind of want to reconnect with the community; I miss it in a way. That's why I'm back.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Because Halo license would be too expensive for mere Mii costume?
Microsoft has proven to be a pretty damn easy and eager company to work with. I really doubt they would have been selling the costume rights for too high a price.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Fallout should've had a similar price.
There is clear difference. One is mascot and cultural phenomenon in the US much more so than Dragon Quest in Japan.

Microsoft has proven to be a pretty damn easy and eager company to work with. I really doubt they would have been selling the costume rights for too high a price.
They would want to maximize Halo exposure. They know that costume isn't way to go. Just because MS is easy to work with doesn't mean they would be naive to do so. They let Banjo be playable, yet they would let their bigger and far more important to be less status? Give me a break.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It doesn't matter, but I honestly believe, and hell, Sakurai himself has said this multiple times in the past now, that Smash is "A celebration of gaming".

Honestly... it'd be weirder for Minecraft not to be in if it really was a true "Celebration of gaming".
Nothing sucks more then not being able to see the point of something super popular (except maybe a lot of things, but you get my point). Because no matter how hard you try you just can't bring yourself to like it, but it's everywhere and inescapable. It just blows

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nothing sucks more then not being able to see the point of something super popular (except maybe a lot of things, but you get my point). Because no matter how hard you try you just can't bring yourself to like it, but it's everywhere and inescapable. It just blows
If you can't learn to like something then just learn to not care.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Just because you don’t enjoy it doesn’t mean you should act sour because it‘s popular and people are enjoying it. It’s a childish mindset.

D

Deleted member

I just got a red eye from an allergy.

Probably gonna be a tough night to sleep but oh well.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm only upset that it's popular because I start to feel excluded from the "group".
There's actually people who don't care about Steve in this thread. Its just not super obvious because we're being silent and respectful about it.

I'm one of them. Steve and Minecraft don't really do it for me. This is probably the most whelmed I've ever felt at a Smash reveal aside from maybe Isabelle. I'm just not throwing a fit about it and am choosing to like at the bright side of things.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
There’s been characters I didn’t like too y’know. I still never bought Byleth. But like. Who cares y’know? If other people like the character but you don’t, just don’t buy them, that’s the beauty of dlc. Simple as that.

D

Deleted member

My mother isn't a bad person or even close to being as infuriating as my father... But she really needs to cool down with the whole forcing me to go to my grandfather's house for an entire day.

If I didn't have anything bad about going there I would be ok with It but everytime I go I always end up with red eyes, a lot of sneezing while trying to sleep, feelings of dizzyness and at one point even sleep paralysis.

I know she really wants to enjoy every single day possible with her father... But she can do that without having to force me to deal with my allergies for an entire day. Because my health is important too, more so during these current times.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm only upset that it's popular because I start to feel excluded from the "group".
This makes no sense. You don't have to feel like you are part of any group if you could focus more on self-acceptance first. Besides you're part of the Smash fandom as well as the community here on Smashboards. Are a bunch of people enjoying something more than you? Sure, but you don't have to enjoy everything that gets released nor does it have to be a reason for you to exclude yourself from the group.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, that's perfectly okay. You don't have to. If other people find joy in something, good for them.

I don't care about Fortnite, but it's not bothering me I don't get the appeal. You don't need to try to force yourself to understand something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom