• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
wouldn't surprise me if those last 4 slots are wildcard slots for post pass stuff if the team wants to do anything after the pass, ala Smash 4 where they just randomly dropped DLC characters whenever they wanted. Much easier to code a single character at a time rather than work on multiple in a pass format.
I think there’s a good chance this happens. It be a lot easier to do and gives them breaks while providing more support at probably longer intervals.

I wouldn’t even be shocked if they said they were doing another ballot and winner gets the last slot.

It would be a smart way to support the game but space content out more.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Played more Sunshine. I do really enjoy this game and it's been a joy so far. I also unlocked zone 3 today: Gelato Beach. Cool name and location! Unfortunately, I'm noticing a pattern where much of the music in the game is a remix or a half-remix of the Delfino Plaza theme. While it's a good theme in itself and it makes sense as to why it is the way it is, I would prefer each stage to have its own unique themes, personally.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No Master Chief costume is very surprising.

Makes me wonder if this is seemingly the last DLC pass why not go all in and add Chief as a costume to complete Microsoft representation.

This is a big tinfoil hat theory but I wonder if those extra 4 slots we still have in the files will actually get filled and maybe just be single releases rather then a pass. Perhaps Chief could show up there but that’s just a theory[insert meme here]
I noticed that also. I want 1 of 2 things from MC. Either be our FPS rep and let me sticky grenade everyone. Or Let it be a premium Mii.
ok I lied. 1 of 3. Or let there be a FP3 pass that has 5 more characters and MC be one of them.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It has been a cool year for SEGA fans between Persona 5 Royal, Streets Of Rage 4, the new Sakura Wars, the announcement of a new Alex Kidd game, the western release of PSO2 and the upcoming Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.

Here's hoping the good track they are having keeps going.
If we get another Sega rep, I hate to say it, but Alex Kid "Feels" like Mii Brawler material.

D

Deleted member

If we get another Sega rep, I hate to say it, but Alex Kid "Feels" like Mii Brawler material.
I would be fine with It honestly.

Just having Alex Kidd acknowledged in Smash through any form is already enough for me and would show that the Smash devs do acknowledge the character enough to represent the series in Smash.

And with a new game in the horizon I'm not as worried about the future of the Alex Kidd series as I used to be.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It has been a cool year for SEGA fans between Persona 5 Royal, Streets Of Rage 4, the new Sakura Wars, the announcement of a new Alex Kidd game, the western release of PSO2 and the upcoming Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.

Really hoping they got something good cookin' for Sonic next year. Everyone is...Pessimistic about it, but I'm actually thinking we might get something cool.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I'm really looking forward to the Alex Kidd remaster and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.

All I really need from SEGA at this point is a brand new Sonic game (that's good) and I'm golden.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I would be fine with It honestly.

Just having Alex Kidd acknowledged in Smash through any form is already enough for me and would show that the Smash devs do acknowledge the character enough to represent the series in Smash.

And with a new game in the horizon I'm not as worried about the future of the Alex Kidd series as I used to be.
I know that feeling. The day the goemon Mii costume was announced stung, but damn was I happy he was acknowledged and there. I bought that costume immediately. I such with Mii sword fighter though. But Goemon is still there. Here is to hoping for some Alex Kidd content. Would be nice.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Without a doubt they are deep in their Renaissance Period and really cannot wait to see what happens. Sakura Wars was ok (Unfortunately a victim of losing my PS4 saves), still debating about getting P5 Royal over the next few days and of course next month.

Yakuza77777.jpg

Which I might get day 1 or Cyberpunk, tough decision. And by the way Turn Based Yakuza is funny as hell.

D

Deleted member

While I would love to see my boy, "BLASTER BLADEO"
Clipboard06.png

in the game, I already know it's pretty much never happening so I just sit back and watch the characters roll in.

But... for his neutral special, he wields a gun laser sword :yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

Alright, that is Day 1 of Hardcore Minecraft.

I already encountered near-death experiences, mainly from Skeletons. I did almost die to silverfish though. Those things are a lot stronger than you expect.

I have a shield, so Skeletons should be more manageable. However, I am scared of Creepers, because Creepers make little to no sound when sneaking up to you, so it is quite easy to not notice a creeper creeping at you and then boom, you die and have to delete the world.

I got a good amount of iron tools, and I tamed some wolves. I just want eye of enders, so I can locate the stronghold, and get bookshelves. The reason why is that there is a TON of them, and they drop a lot of books, so I can get powerful enchantments early. Getting powerful enchantments as soon as possible is essential, because this is hardcore. Mobs deal more damage than usual, and one death, and your entire world is gone.

I will play more tommorow, I had a lot of fun.

...I don’t have a witty caption for this one, I just thought it was cute.
Aww, this is adorable!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sooooo...

What Mii Costumes do you guys wanna see get added in?
I would like to see Alex Kidd, Yangus from DQ8, Sylvando and Erik from DQXI S, Springtrap from FNaF3, Mettaton from Undertale and Viewtiful Joe.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sooooo...

Ok. This is under the stipulation that they do not make it as a fighter. If they do, ignore the mii costume. But I am hoping for
Ryu (Breath of Fire 3), Master Cheif, Doom Guy, Ryu (Ninja Gaiden), Alex Kidd, Black Mage, Aya (Parasite Eve)... The list can go on. I have many favorites and I just want them to be recognized. Even if it falls to just being a spirit.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sooooo...

Viewtiful Joe would be nice; given the amount of competition within Capcom, I don't think he'll make it in as a fighter, but his proportions seem close enough to a Mii's, and it would be nice to see the series referenced in some form after all of this time.

Maybe a Shovel Knight swordfighter one similar to Bomberman? I'm not sure if it would work as well, but if he's stuck as an assist trophy, might as well do something to make him close to being playable. (hopefully it would include some music)

For other indie games, I could see Madeline from Celeste, the Knight from Hollow Knight, or Hat Kid from A Hat In Time working.

I wouldn't mind seeing Final Fantasy Mii costumes. Even if it's just the blocky overworld models from Final Fantasy 7, I'd be okay with it if it meant that they could sneak more FF music into the game.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Gonna go for a quick hour nap (even though its' 11:30 at night) and then stay up for an hour. Sunday so shops don't open til 1pm so might stay up late and work on stuff.

I want to play the PS4 but can't stop feeling off from losing the past two year save data. I need to force myself to start playing it, especially Cold Steel 3 with 4 out at the end of the month.

And Death Stranding with the amount I did to get to the second area.

Sooooo...

A few I wouldn't mind. Ori, Ulala, Madeline from Celeste (although stage would be far better), Francis York Morgan etc.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Played more Sunshine. I do really enjoy this game and it's been a joy so far. I also unlocked zone 3 today: Gelato Beach. Cool name and location! Unfortunately, I'm noticing a pattern where much of the music in the game is a remix or a half-remix of the Delfino Plaza theme. While it's a good theme in itself and it makes sense as to why it is the way it is, I would prefer each stage to have its own unique themes, personally.
No need to worry from here on out. Most new stages after Gelato Beach have their own unique themes (in fact, IIRC Gelato Beach is the last stage like that), or at the very least a theme that isn't another Delfino Plaza remix.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Gonna go for a quick hour nap (even though its' 11:30 at night) and then stay up for an hour. Sunday so shops don't open til 1pm so might stay up late and work on stuff.

I want to play the PS4 but can't stop feeling off from losing all the save data. I need to force myself to start playing it, especially Cold Steel 3 with 4 out at the end of the month.

And Death Stranding with the amount I did to get to the second area.
I thought you told me that you were only missing data for a few games?

Dutch Raikuna

I thought you told me that you were only missing data for a few games?
Yeah I mistyped. Fixed it.

And still thanks to you for helping get over most of it. Still bummed I lost the data on Ghost of Tsushima, Trails and Death Stranding mainly.

The Outer Worlds was another but one of the good things about that game is that you can make different choices so it lessens the impact and I have a crazy idea about doing something at the start of the game (which might work).

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I would like to see Alex Kidd, Yangus from DQ8, Sylvando and Erik from DQXI S, Springtrap from FNaF3, Mettaton from Undertale and Viewtiful Joe.
Ok. This is under the stipulation that they do not make it as a fighter. If they do, ignore the mii costume. But I am hoping for
Ryu (Breath of Fire 3), Master Cheif, Doom Guy, Ryu (Ninja Gaiden), Alex Kidd, Black Mage, Aya (Parasite Eve)... The list can go on. I have many favorites and I just want them to be recognized. Even if it falls to just being a spirit.
Viewtiful Joe would be nice; given the amount of competition within Capcom, I don't think he'll make it in as a fighter, but his proportions seem close enough to a Mii's, and it would be nice to see the series referenced in some form after all of this time.

Maybe a Shovel Knight swordfighter one similar to Bomberman? I'm not sure if it would work as well, but if he's stuck as an assist trophy, might as well do something to make him close to being playable. (hopefully it would include some music)

For other indie games, I could see Madeline from Celeste, the Knight from Hollow Knight, or Hat Kid from A Hat In Time working.

I wouldn't mind seeing Final Fantasy Mii costumes. Even if it's just the blocky overworld models from Final Fantasy 7, I'd be okay with it if it meant that they could sneak more FF music into the game.
A few I wouldn't mind. Ori, Ulala, Madeline from Celeste (although stage would be far better), Francis York Morgan etc.
Not bad selections, what types:ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner: would you see them as?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly? I could care less what characters get in. Give me ****ing Goku and I wouldn't care. It's just not something that I think is a big deal, s'all. I'm more interested in how they actually play, rather than stuff like where they come from or how they're designed. Most people from what I've seen anyway, take it way too seriously IMO. It's just a game where you get to beat each other up using iconic gaming icons, it's not a big deal if popular gaming icon #7 gets in over your obscure character that hasn't been mentioned or touched in decades. (not referring to any character in particular, just to make that clear)
Whatever happened to “it doesn’t matter if the character is new or old, or weather they are recognized by everyone”

D

Deleted member

Not bad selections, what types:ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner: would you see them as?
Alex Kidd would be Brawler, Yangus Swordfighter but with a club, Sylvando and Erik Swordfighters too but Erik has a knife, Springtrap a Brawler, Mettaton a Brawler (and using the Turned Switch body from the final fight against him) and Viewtiful Joe a Brawler.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
No need to worry from here on out. Most new stages after Gelato Beach have their own unique themes (in fact, IIRC Gelato Beach is the last stage like that), or at the very least a theme that isn't another Delfino Plaza remix.
That's a pog

I will say though, the best theme of the first 3 zones is Ricco Harbor. A catchy theme to a fun level! Just not unique in sound.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Amazing post!

It felt like rather than just putting Steve in the game, they put Minecraft in the game.

His move-set is so faithful, detailed, and amazing, that I am very excited for this.

This may be a hot take, but Steve's reveal was my favorite reveal so far.
Yep, that's the key. You're pretty much playing all of Minecraft in Smash. Mining, crafting, building, upgrading, it's all there, and more.

Also, yeah, Steve is definitely my favorite reveal. I completely lost it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Viewtiful Joe: :ultbrawler: (he largely stuck to his fists, aside from the occasional Voomerang or bomb)
Shovel Knight: :ultswordfighter:
Madeline: :ultbrawler: (she's not much of a fighter from what I've played of Celeste, but she doesn't use weapons)
The Knight: :ultswordfighter: (his main weapon, the Nail, is basically a bug-sized sword)
Hat Kid: :ultswordfighter: (the umbrella would work as a sword)
And for FF7 characters, Tifa (:ultbrawler:), Barrett (:ultgunner:), and Sephiroth (:ultswordfighter: - One Winged Angel seems mandatory here). Maybe Aeris (:ultswordfighter:, using her staff like a sword similar to Viridi's costume) or, if we're going outside of FF7, Gilgamesh (:ultswordfighter:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom