• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I finally got the Mario keychain from the Super Mario 35th Anniversary Kinder Eggs.

Dang, they are giving that now on the other version of the Kinder Eggs (xD I forgot the name....)? xD YO QUIERO! T W T Lo malo es que no creo que encuentre...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
D

Deleted member

Alright, I have built these signs around my base.
2020-10-03_15.52.43.png

Sorry if my base looks ugly, it is still under construction, and I was never good at building bases anyways.

What signs do you want me to place? Say any appropriate quote, and I will put a sign of this post in my base.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched Bram Stoker's Dracula (with Gary Oldman, Keanu Reeves, and Winona Ryder) yesterday, since I saw it was on Netflix.

It was certainly different from the other Dracula movies that I've seen (the 1931 movie with Bela Lugosi, and Dracula Has Risen From The Grave with Christopher Lee), and from what little I've read of the novel, it seemed closer to that. Gary Oldman did a great job in the title role (hilariously, from what I've read, Nicolas Cage and Keanu Reeves were considered for the role of Dracula, and I'm pretty sure this was before the whole "Keanu Reeves doesn't age" meme - has Nicolas Cage ever played a vampire? That seems like something he'd do), and it had more of a romance focus than I thought it would.

Gary Oldman was the most sympathetic of the three Draculas, though when it came to menacing stares, his was the least effective. (there's no way he could be most effective at it - it's hard to top Christopher Lee in that regard)

Not sure if I'll continue watching horror-themed movies next (considering Silence of the Lambs or Halloween 3), or go off in a different direction and watch another Keanu Reeves movie. (I got the Bill and Ted movies on DVD a while back)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pffioou! This one took some time, but I finally finished it!

What you might ask?

Well, take a look!
Remember that sprite I made with the character named Jinx? Well this is the same one, but fully drawn by another artist & colored by me as always.

Hope you like it.~

AndreaAC AndreaAC , @JDCabrera , Knight Dude Knight Dude , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , @NonsensicalThings , @ShinyLegendary , Wademan94 Wademan94 & Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
Oh, the result of the colouring turned out really cool!

And kudos to the artist who drew it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well I’m glad you personally told Sakurai this and he said
“That’s too ****ing bad”
....it's a bit funny you posted this while he has already been banned.

insert brawl sonic joke here
Guys

Sakurai needs a hug
Since it was recorded in mid-august, maybe he has a bit more company now?

Whatever I'm true or not, I agree this man need more hug.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

What you might ask?

Well, take a look!
Remember that sprite I made with the character named Jinx? Well this is the same one, but fully drawn by another artist & colored by me as always.

Hope you like it.~

AndreaAC AndreaAC , @JDCabrera , Knight Dude Knight Dude , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , @NonsensicalThings , @ShinyLegendary , Wademan94 Wademan94 & Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
Ooooooooooooooooh!! I like her design! She cool!

D

Deleted member

Haven't touched Aura Kingdom in years and wow
Capture.jpg

Still looks like a generic anime game :yeahboi:
Not as nostalgic as the other MMORPG's I played but I've always enjoyed this one. Dunno why.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Unfriended: a movie that had some solid potential, but it ends up being a big fat missed opportunity.

That's the summary of it.
Unfriended?

More like....

Unlisted from my movie list!....

I swear I tried.
Ooooooooooooooooh!! I like her design! She cool!
Heyyyyyyy, happy to hear!

While she smile rarely, I hope the one shown here make you & others folks as happy I was when I saw it. :)

D

Deleted member

Damn, thinking more about It has kinda made me a bit down.

It has been around 2 or 3 months since the last time I met with my IRL friends in person.
And most of that time I spent It in a Discord server full of people who mocked me for being european and someone who liked Sakura Wars.

Dear lord.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Unfriended?

More like....

Unlisted from my movie list!....

I swear I tried.
Lol I'll give you points for it.

The biggest criticism I have is that I felt that my time was WASTED. And, it's making me upset. While they caught the realistic lag of skype and I can appreciate the different kind of camera-shots and story-telling they were going for, they threw in basically every jump-scare horror film trope in the book, and the characters are either bland or incredibly annoying.

There are very few things I enjoyed about this film. My time was completely wasted. But, I watched this bad film willingly. Why? To better differentiate between good horror and bad horror. This isn't the worst horror film I've ever watched, but it's down there. It's way down there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

What you might ask?

Well, take a look!

Hope you like it.~

Wow. Judging from her look, I can imagine a person who would be a bit head-strong and socially awkward around people but has a different less emotional and darker personality when hooded, more cunning even. And with those two sides of the coin it would keep the viewer/reading guessing as to which side she is on.
Could probably fight well with "made from scrap" short swords and use the environment around her.

Just a writer's thoughts. Really great work my friend.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Lol I'll give you points for it.

The biggest criticism I have is that I felt that my time was WASTED. And, it's making me upset. While they caught the realistic lag of skype and I can appreciate the different kind of camera-shots and story-telling they were going for, they threw in basically every jump-scare horror film trope in the book, and the characters are either bland or incredibly annoying.

There are very few things I enjoyed about this film. My time was completely wasted. But, I watched this bad film willingly. Why? To better differentiate between good horror and bad horror. This isn't the worst horror film I've ever watched, but it's down there. It's way down there.
In any case, how do you feel about horror games? I can recommend one that relies less on jumpscares and more on an ever growing sense of dread and panic.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
In any case, how do you feel about horror games? I can recommend one that relies less on jumpscares and more on an ever growing sense of dread and panic.
I don't play horror games, or many games at all for that matter.

Smash Bros. runs my gaming life and that's about it lol. I will play Mario platformers and Zelda games on occasion though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wow. Judging from her look, I can imagine a person who would be a bit head-strong and socially awkward around people but has a different less emotional and darker personality when hooded, more cunning even. And with those two sides of the coin it would keep the viewer/reading guessing as to which side she is on.
Could probably fight well with "made from scrap" short swords and use the environment around her.

Just a writer's thoughts. Really great work my friend.
Well, let's just say that, while she isn't very social & doesn't trust strangers. She does care alot to the peoples who saved her, and while she has a darker side to her, she would never betray those she trust the most.

That said, life as been really, really rough for her to say the least, which is why those rare moment where she smile are to be cherished.

Also, her power are more related to her blood, buuut that's a topic for another day.... >: )

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Going down the stagelist, here are the stages I think migt have unique blocks.

Mushroom Kingdom - Brick Blocks - Brick
Rainbow Ride - Weird Geometry - ???
Brinstar - Weird bubbly things - ???
Yoshi's Island Melee - Pipe - Emerald?
Yoshi's Story - Randall - White Wool
Green Greens - Blocks - ?
Mushroom Kingdom II - Birdo - ???
Mushroom Kingdom II - Carpet - Yellow Wool?
Mushroomy Kingdom - Brick Blocks - Blocks
Bridge of Eldin - Bridge - Brick
Yoshi's Island Brawl - Ghost guy - ???
Pokemon Stadium 2 - Ice Terrain - Ice
Distant Planet - Bulborb - ???
Summit- Ice- Ice
Skyworld - Cloud - White Wool?
75m - everything - ???
Paper Mario - everything - Book block
Spirit Train - Railroad - ???
Living Room - Toys - ???
Mushroom Kingdom U - Geyser - ???
Mario Galaxy - Endstone?
Gamer - Everything - ???
Duck Hunt - Duck Hunt Dog - ???
Mario Maker - Mushroom Platform - Mushroom Block
Mementos - everything - ???
Garreg Mach Monestary - Chandelier - ???
Marx Boss Stage - Ground - Endstone?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm getting paid in a few days and I dunno what I need to get.

Should I get a new tower so I can actually run most games? A drawing tablet? upgrade my decks?
e765e06eb21f7bdd41eb6605222c4f60.gif

so..many...options...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Sighs. It would have been such a good fighter too! Sighs. I'm just gonna give up. The last 4 fighters are gonna be Rillaboom, Fall Guy, Jonsey, and Among Us whatever they are. This just sucks.
I'm not gonna dispute Rillaboom or Jonesy. I think it's highly unlikely, but it's not impossible, I suppose.
But Fall Guy and Among Us? Come on now.

Fighter Pass 2 has been finalized since at least January.
Fall Guys was released in August of this year, and Among Us received its rise to popularity only within the last few months as well.

If you actually believe this, then you're saying that, in the aftermath of the release of the Everyone is Here trailer, Nintendo Executives or Sakurai noticed a niche IOS/Android game with a playerbase of 30 to 50 people TOTAL get released, and decided, "Hey, let's put that character in Smash!", and that they also approached the devs of Fall Guys over 8 months before their game's release, just to say, "Hey, I want your game in Smash too!" for no reason.

Maybe you were just using hyperbole, but it's honestly so hard to tell sometimes.
Spend your time doing more calm and peaceful stuff, like maybe assembling people from here to join a Smash arena when Steve gets in or playing games in your backlog.

Unless you are like me and have to spend most of the time with college stuff, in which case just focus on that for the most part
I'm thinking about maybe doing the arena thing. It's been a while, and I haven't made one since Terry released way back when, but I'm free on Tuesday so I think it'll be enjoyable.

I'm really looking forward to trying out Steve, definitely looks super fun to play.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom