• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man my steam page is just full of MMORPG's... might replay a few of them just for funsies.

Digimon Masters Online... HERE I COME!

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Remember SoPo & Nolimar challenge? (Only 1 Ice Climber alive allowed & no Pikmin for Olimar)

Yeah, can't wait for barehanded Steve challenge. (all tools broken, no replacement, maybe only use attack that as Steve punching peoples too)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm really curious to see which fighters they pick for each character in the Minecraft Spirit board.

I suppose Ridley or Charizard Will be Enderdragon and Creeper could be Hero spamming Kamikaze or Ivysaur holding bombs.

We will have to wait and see.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Feel like a fully realized Steve would always be "noisy".

There's indeed alot to remember, but at the very least there's alot less RNG in it, so after some weeks/months, I feel like we have a good idea how your average Steve will play like.

And hey, Bomberman Mii Costume atleast look Top Tier design wise, so he got that over Mii The Knuckles & others.
I agree to some extent, I think it's more little details that bug me. I don't like that the tools he uses break separately and the ones he uses for gathering vary based on stage or even position on the stage. Your axe breaking on a stage with wooden floors has different implications than on a stage with stone floors.

Actually that's probably mostly it for my complaints. If you just used the pick for gathering resources I probably wouldn't have any problems.

And yeah, I'm mostly memeing about bomberman. I just think it's funny my least favorite assist trophy deconfirm managed to happen twice.

D

Deleted member

Steve getting in was a dagger through my heart.

The one character I never wanted in the game finally got in.

I hate Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

Nobody is forcing you to buy him.
Well, yeah. That's why I deleted my copy of Ultimate. Because even if I didn't want to buy him, I'll constantly be told to buy him. And I don't want to be annoyed at that.

D

Deleted member

Absolutely.

I made a big stink about it all those years back. I can't go back on those words.
methinks you need to get your priorities straight then, if a single character addition ruins a game. One from one of the most popular and best selling games of all time, might I add. Aside from the wonkiness with actually adding Steve in IMO it was an inevitability we would get him at some point.

D

Deleted member

methinks you need to get your priorities straight then, if a single character addition ruins a game. One from one of the most popular and best selling games of all time, might I add. Aside from the wonkiness with actually adding Steve in IMO it was an inevitability we would get him at some point.
The problem was I just don't like Minecraft, and I also made it abundantly clear back in the day that I did not want Minecraft in Smash Bros.

Now that it's in Smash Bros., I can't go back on the things I said. I know that makes me sound like a person with problems and... well, I am a person with problems. Sometimes you have to deal with things your own way.

D

Deleted member

This post might be the funniest thing I've seen on this thread.
You don't have my brain. You don't have my personal problems.

Trying to explain it has me come off as a crazy person.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest, that is some pretty stupid reasoning IMHO. People's opinions can change over the course of years.
But I said those things back in 2018, and it's not like my opinion on the game has softened in two years.

Look, I'm clearly going to be laughed out of the thread as it is, so I'm just going to get going.

are you snakefighter64 in disguise or something? :016:
that totally sounds like something she would say.
I have no idea who that person is. I haven't been on this forum in ages.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I agree to some extent, I think it's more little details that bug me. I don't like that the tools he uses break separately and the ones he uses for gathering vary based on stage or even position on the stage. Your axe breaking on a stage with wooden floors has different implications than on a stage with stone floors.

Actually that's probably mostly it for my complaints. If you just used the pick for gathering resources I probably wouldn't have any problems.

And yeah, I'm mostly memeing about bomberman. I just think it's funny my least favorite assist trophy deconfirm managed to happen twice.
Don't know if I agree yet, since it might be possible to regain all your tools quite easily if you know what you're doing.

Again, we have to see once Steve come out to see how truly complex or simple his moveset, especially the little details as you mentionned, which is going to take some time.

But hey, a little bit of doubt never hurt anyone, just as long you don't state it as "fact" and then try to impose to others, you're cool.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh yeah, speaking of the Crafting mechanic and the weapon durability mechanics.

I wonder if the Smash devs will implement that to Link in the next game.
I don't think many of the veteran fighters - especially the ones who have been around since 64 and Melee - will be altered too heavily because then it would be alienating to people who have played those characters for years. That's why we're still stuck with Falcondorf.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
will we even have another game?
Considering that this series almost literally sells people on Nintendo consoles, it seems almost guaranteed that there will be another Smash game, even if Sakurai's not involved or the scope is really toned down compared to Ultimate.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Considering that this series literally sells people on Nintendo consoles, it seems almost guaranteed that there will be another Smash game, even if Sakurai's not involved or the scope is really toned down compared to Ultimate.
Big question is will it sell as well as Ultimate.

Like, there's no way they realistically top what we're going to end on unless they just, ya know, port it forever, so cuts are inevitable. The next game may have some new faces, or new, fresh gameplay sure, but is it worth probably all the cuts?

That's why, full stop, I kinda think there's gonna be another massive community split come the next game.

D

Deleted member

Considering that this series literally sells people on Nintendo consoles, it seems almost guaranteed that there will be another Smash game, even if Sakurai's not involved or the scope is really toned down compared to Ultimate.
Personally I think the best move long term would be to just build of Ultimate. If we lose a few people because licensing that's fine but Ultimate's engine is really ****ing good and a huge step up from Smash 4. Even then how exactly do you top Ultimate? With the amount of licensing just to get all the veterans back it's inevitable a theoricatal next game would lose a few of em.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't think many of the veteran fighters - especially the ones who have been around since 64 and Melee - will be altered too heavily because than it would be alienating to people who have played those characters for years. That's why we're still stuck with Falcondorf.
Speaking of Falcondorf, one thing I like to happen one day, official or mods, is him being to throw his sword at the enemy, and if it land on solid ground or stay long enough in the air, Ganondorf can bring it via magic. The sword twirling in the process, inflicting damages on anyone who is it's way.

This move was totally not inspired by a attack Dante can do in DMC3 with Rebellion btw, eh-eh, not similar at all.

Luig

Confused
Considering that this series almost literally sells people on Nintendo consoles, it seems almost guaranteed that there will be another Smash game, even if Sakurai's not involved or the scope is really toned down compared to Ultimate.
I honestly would appreciate having less characters; the amount in ult is massive. Cuts suck, but less characters makes balancing easier, allows for more time on other aspects of the game, and allows you to overhaul more things and characters, especially old ones, which i think would make for a much more fresh game. And yes, there's no way smash won't happen. Namco already handle most of the development, not sora, so they could honestly just continue without sakurai if he didn't want to continue.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Falcondorf, one thing I like to happen one day, official or mods, is him being to throw his sword at the enemy, and if it land on solid ground or stay long enough in the air, Ganondorf can bring it via magic. The sword twirling in the process, inflicting damages on anyone who is it's way.

This move was totally not inspired by a attack Dante can do in DMC3 with Rebellion btw, eh-eh, not similar at all.
The way you described It reminded me a lot of the way you use the axe in God Of War 4.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
For day 4 of the horror movie marathon, I'm gonna go to the opposite end of the quality spectrum and watch one of the worst horror films released in recent years...

Why do I do this to myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom