• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This year I have gotten so many predictions right between the new Alex Kidd game, the console Transformers game, Min Min, Steve and even Skate 4 that at times I fear people consider me someone who has insider info.

But besides the Alex Kidd game (which was just a Game of connecting the dots with stuff I noticed regarding the devs of the game either way), I swear I haven't had any kind of insider information and all my predictions are based on stuff I read in general.

Shroob

Sup?
I believe he’s being genuine though. His predictions are also based on his own research and not just what contacts say, with him even disagreeing with contacts at times. He’s just a well-respected member, sharing what he thinks. He is very confident in Geno coming eventually, but he’s not telling others what to think.

So, maybe his contacts are wrong on some things. Idk. But we have had things leaked or implied ahead of time in the past.
Except none of the current pass, nor Byleth fit this mold, and now he's claiming that Master Chief could have been leakbait for Steve, or Chief's a 'bonus' character, so by that logic, how could Geno also 'not' be potential leakbait if Chief was?

You're going to find out if you ever dip your hands into the leak scene that no, people do not find Fatman as genuine as you think he is, they think he's doing this for ****s and giggles to get people's hopes up, and if you went on /v/ last night, a lot of folk were roasting him, probably members of your own thread if I had to guess.

You're free to believe him and trust him all you want, I'll gladly say I'm wrong if he comes true, but no one who knows stuff believes he's anything but a phoney.

D

Deleted member

The most hilarious thing which has happened to me this year regarding videogames was when this thread was one day talking about Injustice 1 and I said "I don't have the Game, but hopefully they do make It free like the LEGO Ninjago Movie Game in Spain due to quarantine".

And so I wake up the next day and WB Games Spain exactly announces that for the same exact reason.

It felt deeply surreal.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So two things.

1. Borat Sequel Trailer (can't post it here for obvious reasons) was out last night and bloody hell, people are gonna be pissed at what Sasha Baron Cohen pulled this time. I'm just bewildered by it and being from a place that making fun of ourselves is a pastime, oh man.

2. I've realised nothing seasonal for anime now except for Fire Force Season 2. January though, Four seasonal at least so I'm looking forward to that including two of my favourite anime of all time.

Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2
Re Zero Season 2 Part 2 (A bit annoyed that they should've ended it a scene earlier of the last episode)
Dr Stone Stone Wars
Laid Back Camp Season 2

I'm optimistic for 2021 in general and this will be a nice taster.

Once, and I'm not going to say how I got my hands on it for obvious reasons, but I'm one of the first people who got what the hell Spirits were out to the public, Papagenos was the guy I contacted and he made a video on it.
I think I remember something like this while lurking back then and seeing it got out. Or was the un-pixelating of the menu image? I remember looking at the Newcomer Thread at the time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

YEREN

Episode Title: "Yeren"
Subject matter: Yeren
Summary: A tracker is hired by a wealthy private collector to track down an animal of his that escaped from his private zoo which he bought in China for a lot of money. Given his experience in tracking animals, what he thought would have been an easy task becomes his greatest challenge when once found, the animal isn't what he had thought it was.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So two things.

1. Borat Sequel Trailer (can't post it here for obvious reasons) was out last night and bloody hell, people are gonna be pissed at what Sasha Baron Cohen pulled this time. I'm just bewildered by it and being from a place that making fun of ourselves is a pastime, oh man.

2. I've realised nothing seasonal for anime now except for Fire Force Season 2. January though, Four seasonal at least so I'm looking forward to that including two of my favourite anime of all time.

Re Zero Season 2 Part 2 (A bit annoyed that they should've ended it a scene earlier of the last episode)
Dr Stone Stone Wars
Laid Back Camp Season 2

I think I remember something like this while lurking back then and seeing it got out. Or was the un-pixelating of the menu image? I remember looking at the Newcomer Thread at the time.
I didn't unpixelate the image, that was someone else entirely, but how they functioned and them effectively replacing trophies was well known for quite awhile internally.

D

Deleted member

So two things.

Dr Stone Stone Wars
Laid Back Camp Season 2

You should also watch the "Adventures Of Dai" remake.

Heard It is premiering on Crunchyroll this weekend.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Except none of the current pass, nor Byleth fit this mold, and now he's claiming that Master Chief could have been leakbait for Steve, or Chief's a 'bonus' character, so by that logic, how could Geno also 'not' be potential leakbait if Chief was?

You're going to find out if you ever dip your hands into the leak scene that no, people do not find Fatman as genuine as you think he is, they think he's doing this for ****s and giggles to get people's hopes up, and if you went on /v/ last night, a lot of folk were roasting him, probably members of your own thread if I had to guess.

You're free to believe him and trust him all you want, I'll gladly say I'm wrong if he comes true, but no one who knows stuff believes he's anything but a phoney.
I’ll keep an open mind, it just feels like Fatman has been unfairly treated based on what I’ve experienced over the past two years. It’s very clear he’s at least a Geno fan himself though, he at least isn’t lying about what he said and did regarding Geno during the Brawl days.

Shroob

Sup?
I’ll keep an open mind, it just feels like Fatman has been unfairly treated based on what I’ve experienced over the past two years. It’s very clear he’s at least a Geno fan himself though, he at least isn’t lying about what he said and did regarding Geno during the Brawl days.
If you parade yourself as a leaker, and stop it, he 100% is if he's talking about "What my sources told me", then you open yourself up to being criticized and scrutinized.

Vergeben goes through it when he gets **** wrong
God knows Sabi ****ing deserved it
You don't get to where people like Emily/Imran/Zhunge are without having a decently solid track record

I think Geno could and would be a fine choice for a character, but it's very, very telling to me when people I know who are credible think he's a bold-faced liar, and to be honest, the Geno fans do not deserve this. Geno fans can be a touch overbearing like any fanbase can, but they don't deserve to be strung along for soo long.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If you parade yourself as a leaker, and stop it, he 100% is if he's talking about "What my sources told me", then you open yourself up to being criticized and scrutinized.

Vergeben goes through it when he gets **** wrong
God knows Sabi ****ing deserved it
You don't get to where people like Emily/Imran/Zhunge are without having a decently solid track record

I think Geno could and would be a fine choice for a character, but it's very, very telling to me when people I know who are credible think he's a bold-faced liar, and to be honest, the Geno fans do not deserve this. Geno fans can be a touch overbearing like any fanbase can, but they don't deserve to be strung along for soo long.
Okay then, I understand. It’s just there was proof on what he did during the Brawl days; maybe not exact proof for his Geno portfolio thing sent to Nintendo Japan (maybe there was, but I forgot tbh), but he has posts here from 2008 and has been here for a longtime. He was also negative about Geno’s chances during Smash 4.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Okay then, I understand. It’s just there was proof on what he did during the Brawl days; maybe not exact proof for his Geno portfolio thing sent to Nintendo Japan (maybe there was, but I forgot tbh), but he has posts here from 2008 and has been here for a longtime. He was also negative about Geno’s chances during Smash 4.
I mean, I'm not questioning if he's a Geno fan, I'm questioning his credibility as a leaker, and when people I know who have leaked stuff flat out say "Ignore him", that's a big hmm.

Like, I'm gonna say:

Cacomallow has a better chance of being more legit than his info, and I don't think Cacomallow is real, personally.

D

Deleted member

I keep having to remind myself "Yes, Minecraft Steve is now a part of Super Smash Bros Ultimate" every hour or so, and each time it's just so hard to fathom lol
Lol, reminds me of how I was with the DQ8 Hero too. I was also in such big shock about their inclussion after months of people on Discord harassing me and telling me we would only get Erdrick or Artorias.

Had to check many times too.

I want to be positive and say Steve will
release on the exact day as the Sakurai Presents like Terry did because I really want to play him and with college I wouldn't have enough free time to try them out if they release in the middle of the week.

D

Deleted member

I’m debating starting a small Smash Bros. channel as a fun little side project. Would any of you all be interested in seeing that?
Oh, could be neat.

Maybe you could even bring back those custom moveset videos, I found those really interesting.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh, could be neat.

Maybe you could even bring back those custom moveset videos, I found those really interesting.
I very well might. If I do I’m gonna organize em’ a bit better. Also a collab with Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku is inevitable /s

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I very well might. If I do I’m gonna organize em’ a bit better. Also a collab with Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku is inevitable /s
Man... I haven't uploaded a video since the initial ARMS confirmation

May need to do a double episode with both Min and Steve

That is assuming I'm still making these of course lol.:yeahboi:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Man... I haven't uploaded a video since the initial ARMS confirmation

May need to do a double episode with both Min and Steve

That is assuming I'm still making these of course lol.:yeahboi:
Not gonna lie, I seriously love your videos. I’d love to see more.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Legit tho, I really want a more in-depth look at Sakurai's Minecraft world. A lot of it looked quite elaborate from the small bits we were shown.
I swear I would be all for Sakurai doing a video version of his Famitsu columns. Talking about his favourite games of all time, what he sees good about gaming, a cool talk about games side by side like he did with Breath of the Wild and Horizon Zero Dawn together. Problem are the assholes who ruin the fun and acting like "WAIT DoEs TahT MeaN ********* Is In SmASH?" Like no for f sake which is why he would be reluctant to do so again.

60 minutes with Sakurai on gaming and showing his set-up. Kinda like that YT channel where they talk to people like Yoko Taro and Suda51 on games and such. It was called Toco Toco or something but was entertaining.

Edit: Here's the channel. Thank me later.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I keep having to remind myself "Yes, Minecraft Steve is now a part of Super Smash Bros Ultimate" every hour or so, and each time it's just so hard to fathom lol
Dude, I didn't think Joker would be topped for me in terms of surprise and hype.

Then Sakurai put in someone I wanted even more and gave him a moveset and aesthetic design that 100% matched what I was hoping for exactly. But no, he didn't stop there, he also gave this character an alt for my favorite Minecraft mob and is having the character come with one of the best gosh dang soundtracks I've ever enjoyed.

I've said this before, but...Unless Octolings, Waluigi, Eggman, or Yuri get announced by some miracle, I think this is truly it for me: Sakurai has finally peaked in Smash reveals for me with Steve and Inklings. The game is pretty much perfect for me now, and I really can just be along for the ride now, lol.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, it feels like Smash has kinda gotten themselves backed into a corner when it comes to the future.

You got goddamn Minecraft, and still at the very least 4 more characters coming.

There's literally no way to top this in future entries, just, there's not. Nearly 90 characters with ****ing MINECRAFT.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My review of Disney+'s Secret Society of Second Royals:

The Disney+ exclusive film the Secret Society of Second Royals starring Peyton Elizabeth Reed who plays as Sam, a rebellious princess who is second in line to the throne of Illyria to her older sister Eleanor. Whilst Sam experienced superhuman powers one night, she was sent to attend summer school by her mother with other second royals where they are mentored by Professor James Morrow to train them to harness their powers.

Personally, I was highly disappointed with the outcome of the film due to its story which is flat and confusing. In addition although there were moments that I do wish they can make the characters more relatable and likable in the film as I tried to get in to them, but I couldn't because they lack development. It's really hard for me to get in to Sam's characterization as I felt she was quite obnoxious and stubborn throughout the film and the villain barely had any motive or plot. Whilst I do certainly recognise two of the cast with former Pitch Perfect star Skyler Astler and Daredevil's Elodie Yung, I do hope that the likes of Peyton Elizabeth Lee, Olivia Deeble and the rest of the cast will find much better success in a film which has the right role and script.

Overall Rating: 3.5/10

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
At this point, it feels like Smash has kinda gotten themselves backed into a corner when it comes to the future.

You got goddamn Minecraft, and still at the very least 4 more characters coming.

There's literally no way to top this in future entries, just, there's not. Nearly 90 characters with ****ing MINECRAFT.
I honestly don't care if future installments are as good as Ultimate at this point. Ultimate is so good, it's gonna be really, really hard to top.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The game is pretty much perfect for me now, and I really can just be along for the ride now, lol.
I feel about the same. Steve, Banjo & Kazooie shared the spot for my #1 most-wanted, so now I’m pretty content. While I still have other characters I’d love to see get in, they’d be icing on the cake, as I’m pretty content now. I still hope Geno gets in, especially for his longtime fans, and would be disappointed if he doesn’t, but Steve and the Rare duo have left me in a state of bliss.

edit: just realized I said “I’m pretty content“ twice :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

.....Oh right, I wonder if they'll announce the Banjo and Terry Amiibos in this upcoming presentation.

.....if they do, that means everyone's gonna be watching the month of their release like a hawk, since Amiibo theory still holds true.
I'm gonna go nuts and say there's still hope Sakurai drops a bomb and says we are getting alternate amiibos.

That way we get the other Heros and maybe even OoT Ganondorf or ALBW Zelda.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I honestly don't care if future installments are as good as Ultimate at this point. Ultimate is so good, it's gonna be really, really hard to top.
Yeah kind of in this camp TBH. Like, they're gonna have to try really hard to get me to be interested in the next Smash as much as I am with Ultimate, lol.

Really hoping Ultimate Deluxe is what ends up happening. Since Octolings are probably gonna be some of the first in line for first party base-game picks next time, I'd much rather have them be in Ultimate's roster than anything else.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm gonna go nuts and say there's still hope Sakurai drops a bomb and says we are getting alternate amiibos.

That way we get the other Heros and maybe even OoT Ganondorf or ALBW Zelda.
Oh please yes.

Also I think the amiibo I'm most excited for other than Banjo right now is Min Min. Her pose, details, and everything are just gonna look incredible imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom