• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Man I have too much time on my hands.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's got a bit more use than that but like most of the Devil Arms in DMC4 it's a a bit awkward at first.
Feel like I should see more videos about it before I can put my last judgement cut on it. Not tonight tho since i'm pretty tired lol.

Still, thanks for answering!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Personally the sudden tone shift was a bit much for me. In the span of not even 2 minutes it went from "oh hey there's clearly something up with that one weird cult man voiced by DIO" into "oh **** everyone's rampaging oh god run away" and it was just a tad bit overwhelming. Like there's clearly build up for how the cult ties into the main plot but last second it turns out they were actually just doing some weird stuff undercover and then it just... ends. pretty badly too. Not exactly the worst ending I've ever seen but it did raise a few eyebrows from me, which is saying a lot when I'm generally super oblivious to that kinda stuff.

The op is pretty good, but I personally prefer Shout over all other anime openings. Just gets me in the feels, y'know?
I mean, anime is kinda known for going a mile a minute and being over the top.

And who's to say it's over? Yeah they wrapped it up in a neat little bow but I could see us getting more easily.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Because of that, I have a feeling they are gonna pull a Mr.Game & Watch with him, ngl.

One stand with four interchangable figurines (Steve, Alex, Zombie and Enderman).
Ehhh idk you gotta remember GW is litterally flat.

We'd be talking about 4 whole 3d models when it comes to Steve and crew. That's probably be a bit on the expensive side to manufacture tbh

D

Deleted member

Ehhh idk you gotta remember GW is litterally flat.

We'd be talking about 4 whole 3d models when it comes to Steve and crew. That's probably be a bit on the expensive side to manufacture tbh
Yeah, you honestly got a point there.

D

Deleted member

I mean, anime is kinda known for going a mile a minute and being over the top.

And who's to say it's over? Yeah they wrapped it up in a neat little bow but I could see us getting more easily.
mmm.. I'm more used to card game anime where it's more episodic and focused on the game rather than the plot(although that's not to say card game anime can't be dark or emotional. Just watch Cardfight Vanguard: Stride Gate-hen or Buddyfight Ace for the prime examples) and the extremely fast pace threw my off, especially towards the end where they just throw multiple plot twists and bombshells at once at you, and then some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
mmm.. I'm more used to card game anime where it's more episodic and more focused on the game rather than the plot(although that's not to say card game anime can't be dark or emotional. Just watch Cardfight Vanguard: Stride Gate-hen or Buddyfight Ace for the prime examples) and the extremely fast pace threw my off, especially towards the end where they just throw multiple plot twists and bombshells at once at you, and then some.
BNA definitely had more shonen feel than I expected

Not that it was bad, not at all

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I'm going to regret asking this later but uh...

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I have some pretty severe social anxiety. Lately I've been thinking about how I can build my confidence and I'm thinking what I really need to do is practice.

So if I'm able to muster up the confidence to open a voice chat on Monday or Tuesday, would anyone be up to join? It's a bit early to ask but if I don't ask it now I never will. I've got knot in my stomach just thinking about it. This would be alongside a Smash Bros lobby since I find video games can loosen me up just a tiny bit and would help break the awkwardness.

D

Deleted member

BNA definitely had more shonen feel than I expected

Not that it was bad, not at all
Yeah. It's not bad per say(I particularly liked the baseball episode and every single moment Nazuna was on screen) but the plot just kinda went all over the place at the end.

D

Deleted member

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I have some pretty severe social anxiety. Lately I've been thinking about how I can build my confidence and I'm thinking what I really need to do is practice.

So if I'm able to muster up the confidence to open a voice chat on Monday or Tuesday, would anyone be up to join? It's a bit early to ask but if I don't ask it now I never will. I've got knot in my stomach just thinking about it. This would be alongside a Smash Bros lobby since I find video games can loosen me up just a tiny bit and would help break the awkwardness.
I wish I could participate on It just for the sake of helping you about It.

Sadly with college and all that I won't be available from Mondays to Thursdays due to the classes.

However, if you do want to make a second session during next weekend too, maybe I could go to that one.

D

Deleted member

I'm up for that! I'm in my fall break now so I should be able to play a bit over on the weekend if nothing comes up.(knowing my parents that pretty likely lol)
Don't have switch online but I can get if if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay, I am just now finding out that Megaman Battle Network Operation Star force got an English fan translation.

So I watched the team up between those two Megamen and seeing it play out in English for the first time ever is giving me the same vibes as this Batman Beyond team up and I'm all for it:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It still blows me away that this game has more characters than Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Back in the day, that roster was the absolute peak of BEEG NUMBAH

Now look at us with nearly 90~.
Smash Ultimate is only in third place for fighting game with the most amount of playable characters.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has 161 and Tobal 2 had 200.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Smash Ultimate is only in third place for fighting game with the most amount of playable characters.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has 161 and Tobal 2 had 200.
But in terms of character variety and unique movesets, Smash Ultimate beats both of them big time.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

BEAST OF BUSCO

Episode Title: "Beast of Busco"
Subject matter: Beast of Busco
Summary: On the day of Turtle Days Festival, local friends attending eventually decide to spend the day down at the lake far from where the festival is taking place, a deadly mistake made when they find themselves being terrorized by the very lake monster that started the traditional event.

D

Deleted member

Gamexplain uploaded a video comparing the locations shown for Hyrule Warriors Age Of Calamity with their post-Cataclysm counterparts from Botw:

Some changes are honestly really noticeable.
Honestly I'm excited for how the team is gonna handle the terrain. We've already got stuff like pre Calamity Akalla looking really cool, and I can't wait to see how the rest of Hyrule looks. Dunno if I'll have enough money once it launches though lol

D

Deleted member

Honestly I'm excited for how the team is gonna handle the terrain. We've already got stuff like pre Calamity Akalla looking really cool, and I can't wait to see how the rest of Hyrule looks. Dunno if I'll have enough money once it launches though lol
I will likely pick It for Christmas as It comes a month after my birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom