• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I wonder if they'll do what they did with the BotW Guardian amiibo and let you bend the limbs around
Given the structure of Min Min's arms, I don't think that'd work as well as the Guardian amiibo. I'd love to see it if they can somehow pull it off, though.

D

Deleted member

Was just browsing twitter when this popped up
Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 4.05.17 PM.png

Literally what?

Man... I haven't uploaded a video since the initial ARMS confirmation

May need to do a double episode with both Min and Steve

That is assuming I'm still making these of course lol.:yeahboi:
Yknow I've been considering trying to do some Smash stuff, now that I have a decent amount of cash to actually afford most, if not all, of the stuff I need... but I dunno. Doesn't feel like doing that kinda thing suits me, especially when I'm as charismatic as a lego. Which is to say, not at all. :050:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It still blows me away that this game has more characters than Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Back in the day, that roster was the absolute peak of BEEG NUMBAH

Now look at us with nearly 90~.
Yeah, and most of the characters in Smash are actually playable.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I'm happy. I finally got my childhood console back. Now it's time to get those games back, too.

It's a console I grew up with, so it holds a special place in my heart. Played a lot of Pitfall, Smurfs and Carnival on it.
Apologies for the ignorance but what console is that exactly?

D

Deleted member

Marvel vs Capcom 2 had quite a chunk of great characters.

But if you had to make me decide between that roster or the one which has the DQ8 Hero, Samus, Dark Samus, Ridley, Sans, K.Rool and even freaking Cuphead I would easily go for the latter any day.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thanks...

But somehow the video still play??

Before you write anything, that ain't your fault here, you did what I asked, SB explain please
I've noticed a reoccuring theme of Smashboards really liking to auto-play imbeds for you, for some reason.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
It still blows me away that this game has more characters than Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Back in the day, that roster was the absolute peak of BEEG NUMBAH

Now look at us with nearly 90~.
Yet it will mostly likely never beat Tobal 2's roster of 200, like that is a very high peak to get to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks...

But somehow the video still play??

Before you write anything, that ain't your fault here, you did what I asked. SB staff, explain please
Hmm.. probably something the admins would have to manually change, if it's autoplaying even when I put it in spoilers. Could be a setting on your end though but it's doubtful.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hmm.. probably something the admins would have to manually change, if it's autoplaying even when I put it in spoilers. Could be a setting on your end though but it's doubtful.
Oh lord, it's double playing now due to Wademan quoting your post.

Think the only way at this point is removign the video & put a link to it.

D

Deleted member

Oh lord, it's double playing now due to Wademan quoting your post.

Think the only way at this point is removign the video & put a link to it.
That doesn't seem to be happening on my end... hmm.. what operating system are you using?

D

Deleted member

Not really feeling in the halloween spirit so just gonna change my avi to something I just finished drawing for now

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, for anyone who ever played DMC3, can I say how freakin' good Beowulf is of a weapon?

Like not how just good it is to actually use, but just how POWERFUL & SATISFYING it is to use?

The animation & SFX for it does such a great job for it, and while you can say for alot of the games in general, Beowulf just go the extra great miles. (No wonder Vergil got it's hands on it first)

Think after getting all it's upgrade, i'm finally getting how to use Nevan too. Which is pretty good, but I hope there's enough places to use it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also, for anyone who ever played DMC3, can I say how freakin' good Beowulf is of a weapon?

Like not how just good it is to actually use, but just how POWERFUL & SATISFYING it is to use?

The animation & SFX for it does such a great job for it, and while you can say for alot of the games in general, Beowulf just go the extra great miles. (No wonder Vergil got it's hands on it first)

Think after getting all it's upgrade, i'm finally getting how to use Nevan too. Which is pretty good, but I hope there's enough places to use it.
Gauntlet weapons in DMC tend to be extremely fun to use.
5 has it best with Balrog.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh please yes.

Also I think the amiibo I'm most excited for other than Banjo right now is Min Min. Her pose, details, and everything are just gonna look incredible imo.
Depending on who else is announced Min Min may end up being my last 'I gotta have this!" amiibo! I actually hope her Arms are bendable similar to Guardian amiibo's legs.

Edit: Accidental quote is accidental

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Steve’s render is so funny to me for literally no reason. Everyone else in the roster has some dynamic pose while Steve looks like he’s waiting in the line at Walmart.
That's because Steve doesn't have to prove anything to anybody.

He's basically like "Yeah, I'm Steve from mother ****ing Minecraft, the **** you gonna do about it lol"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gauntlet weapons in DMC tend to be extremely fun to use.
5 has it best with Balrog.
Speaking of that actually, I heard the gauntlet weapon in DMC4 is only ever really good for the charged shoryuken that deal MASSIVE DAMAGES.

Is that true or I just don't know enough about it?

D

Deleted member

Idk I liked the ending well enough, sure it was a tad rushed but it was fun

It also has one of my favorite OPs
Personally the sudden tone shift was a bit much for me. In the span of not even 2 minutes it went from "oh hey there's clearly something up with that one weird cult man voiced by DIO" into "oh **** everyone's rampaging oh god run away" and it was just a tad bit overwhelming. Like there's clearly build up for how the cult ties into the main plot but last second it turns out they were actually just doing some weird stuff undercover and then it just... ends. pretty badly too. Not exactly the worst ending I've ever seen but it did raise a few eyebrows from me, which is saying a lot when I'm generally super oblivious to that kinda stuff.

The op is pretty good, but I personally prefer Shout over all other anime openings. Just gets me in the feels, y'know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Speaking of that actually, I heard the gauntlet weapon in DMC4 is only ever really good for the charged shoryuken that deal MASSIVE DAMAGES.

Is that true or I just don't know enough about it?
It's got a bit more use than that but like most of the Devil Arms in DMC4 it's a a bit awkward at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom