• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I personally see Master Chief being more of a Mii Gunner.

Hollow Knight I'm thinking is the Deluxe Mii costume we'll be seeing.

D

Deleted member

You know, I am quite tempted to just edit in a new character with my items that I remember.

Sure, it may not be the same, but at least I can go back to playing my world, right?

Thoughts?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I know I sound like a broken record, but it is just so amazing.

This image is so amazing, it feels fake. It feels like Steve never got in, and this is a meme image.

But nope, Steve is in, and I am very happy.
I know how you feel; I felt the same way when I saw this:

I had the Spiral Mountain theme stuck in my head for a week or so after that announcement.

Conker Hat. Raz from Psychonauts hat. Joana Dark and Master Chief Gunner Costumes. Rash and Fulgore Brawlers.
I would pay so much money to have Psychonauts in Smash in some form. I'd be fine with this line-up, even if it'd be a shame to have Master Chief stuck as a Mii costume.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know how you feel; I felt the same way when I saw this:

I had the Spiral Mountain theme stuck in my head for a week or so after that announcement.

I would pay so much money to have Psychonauts in Smash in some form. I'd be fine with this line-up, even if it'd be a shame to have Master Chief stuck as a Mii costume.
Unless we get a third fighters pass, I just don't see it happening. I really think it's one character per company per pass.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You know, I am quite tempted to just edit in a new character with my items that I remember.

Sure, it may not be the same, but at least I can go back to playing my world, right?

Thoughts?
If that's what you wanna do, then do it.

You don't need our approval.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. Just to go along with my predicted characters, I'll predict some more Mii Fighter Costumes

Steve
  • Conker Hat (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
  • Raz Hat (Psychonauts)
  • Mjolnir Armor (Halo, Gunner)
  • Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark, Gunner)
  • Rash (Battletoads, Brawler)
  • Fulgore (Killer Instinct, Brawler)
Crash Bandicoot & Coco Bandicoot (Skins)
  • Spyro the Dragon Hat (w/Musical Track)
  • Dr. Neo Cortex (Gunner)
  • Tawna Bandicoot (Brawler)
  • Dingodile (Gunner)
  • Tracer (Overwatch, Gunner)
  • Thrall (Warcraft, Swordfighter) Note: Doomhammer used as Sword Stand-In)
Geno
  • Chocobo Hat
  • Mallow Hat
  • Tifa Lockheart (Brawler w/Music Track)
  • Barrett Wallace (Gunner w/Music Track)
  • Sephiroth (Swordfighter w/One Winged Angel Track)
Travis Touchdown
  • Garcian Smith (Killer7, Gunner)
  • Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw, Swordfighter)
  • Garcia Hotspur (Shadows of the DAMNED, Gunner)
  • Mondo Zappa (Killer is Dead, Swordfighter)
  • Sumio Mondo (Brawler; Flower, Sun, and Rain)
  • Mokutaro Shiroyabu (Brawler, The Silver Case)
Don-chan (or any other Namco Character)
  • Hunter's Armor
  • Rathalos Armor
  • Hollow Knight (Swordfighter w/Music)
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Gil
  • Depending on who it is, two of the following (Klonoa, or The Prince, Or Dark Souls Protagonist, or Wargreymon). If It's Lloyd, a third will replace his costume)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

Decided to experiment a bit with eyes because why not, it's something I need to work on anyway.
sketch1601662282136 (1).png

... looks a bit cursed, gonna be honest.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if this is a Byleth situation, and Crash was move out of the "ideal promotion window" to give Sakurai a bit of time to play through some of the newest installment to help build the moveset and get ideas?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well today was a bit of a family saga. Parent had to go to hospital as he was feeling really unwell via ambulance, apparently it was just really bad food poisoning, back home now and well. The fact that my brothers didn't tell me what was going on was **** but I've moved on from it.

And I was planning to out hill climbing (which takes about 5 hours up and down) but Amazon lied to me about a package arrival time. Early morning they said, late afternoon it came.

So I just rewatched something easy to digest.
1601664894688.png

You ever have an anime that is just ok but is easy to watch when unsure of what to go for next? That's Dragon Maid for me.

D

Deleted member

sketch1601663009174.png

Feels like I'm finally back on the right track in terms of my art practice ngl. Finally stuff is starting to click.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So I just rewatched something easy to digest.
View attachment 287979

You ever have an anime that is just ok but is easy to watch when unsure of what to go for next? That's Dragon Maid for me.
Dragon Ball Super, or at least the later two arcs because that's when the show, while still not good, became at least somewhat decent and entertaining to rewatch for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

hmm.. I'd say Buddyfight. After watching the entire series I'm just like.. "what's next?"
There's not really anything like it out there.

Shroob

Sup?
This is very true, and reminds me, you said Zhuge knew it was Steve, did he actually straight say it though? Just curious.

This, the video was clearly put up today so as to not tip people off who it was. It was slotted between perfect reveals and I think Nintendo definitely planned on that with marketing.

This, the video was clearly put up today so as to not tip people off who it was. It was slotted between perfect reveals and I think Nintendo definitely planned on that with marketing.

To explain a bit.

First Steve was likely the E3 reveal. We had Minecraft dungeons out earlier this year right before E3. Steve would fit perfectly to draw attention to it then.

To go even further back, verge was adamant Minecraft content was in the game an supported playable Steve. I would say this was just wrong info but, if you think about how every state had to be reworked and Steve needed more time to transition well to the game, perhaps Banjo and Steve were negotiated for at the same time.

This would line up with the verge rumors and the rumors that they’ve been trying on and off to do Minecraft for the past few years.

Anyway back to marketing.

The switch has had a really solid plan when it comes to reveals and releases, before and after COvID. We were getting one big game a month basically with plenty of advertising put into these campaigns. A pattern that has mostly stuck with COVID.

We’ve even seen them adjust their marketing now. Every month since they started, we’ve had a partner showcase based around upcoming games. We also back in June got Pokémon and Smash Together. The Same thing as this week.

So there’s definitely a plan with how they manage their marketing and it’s very intentional but there’s a lot to it. Steve being announced and dropped before Minecon is obviously the point. We also have Pokémon and Crash bordering this release.

Given the tight lock and key on Steve, it’s very likely this presentation was planned out beforehand to coincide with releases that make speculation harder. After all Nintendo themselves with Byletth discussed wanting to keep reveals more of a secret now.

Lining up a reveal next to press releases for big games is genius marketing. It completely throws speculation out the window, which seemed to be the goal.

Maybe I’m overthinking but it does feel like these things are planned out ahead of time and announcements coincide with different events, like how Min-Min was announced when they did the free ARMS trial.
Yes, Zhunge 100% knew who it was, but again, he only posted it a couple minutes before it went live. The fact he used the term "data miners", making a space between the two words when everyone spells it dataminers, and the fact that the Reddit poster who leaked Monster Hunter Rise flat out said it was Steve, 100% confirms he knew.

But again, he only leaked it barely ahead of time.

This is why I, and many, MANY others who have leaked **** in the past think Fatman's leading the Geno fans astray. If ALL these big name leakers only know who the characters are a day/a couple hours at most before the presentation, forgive me if I, alongside many, MANY others think he's full of ****. Byleth only leaked a couple hours before their presentation, Minmin leaked at most a day before her presentation, Steve leaked at most a few hours before his presentation, if not minutes, do you seriously believe a man who claims to know every ****ing character coming from his sources, except he's totally not a leaker?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yes, Zhunge 100% knew who it was, but again, he only posted it a couple minutes before it went live. The fact he used the term "data miners", making a space between the two words when everyone spells it dataminers, and the fact that the Reddit poster who leaked Monster Hunter Rise flat out said it was Steve, 100% confirms he knew.

But again, he only leaked it barely ahead of time.

This is why I, and many, MANY others who have leaked ** in the past think Fatman's leading the Geno fans astray. If ALL these big name leakers only know who the characters are a day/a couple hours at most before the presentation, forgive me if I, alongside many, MANY others think he's full of **.
I believe he’s being genuine though. His predictions are also based on his own research and not just what contacts say, with him even disagreeing with contacts at times. He’s just a well-respected member, sharing what he thinks. He is very confident in Geno coming eventually, but he’s not telling others what to think.

So, maybe his contacts are wrong on some things. Idk, though Cuphead was right (one of his confidants confirmed he heard Cuphead before the reveal). But we have had things leaked or implied ahead of time in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom