• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So how's everyone this morning? Y'all still excited regarding Steve?
Personally, I'm not entirely familiar with Steve and Minecraft, but then again I can understand why its inclusion for Smash since the franchise is considered to be one of the biggest within the video game industry.

Anyways, I believe Sakurai will be showing the gameplay of Steve tomorrow so I might tune in to that.

Other than that with Steve revealed yesterday, I wonder when the next reveal will take place?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Other than that with Steve revealed yesterday, I wonder how long until the next reveal?
Probably not as long as this one as the reason it was is due to the animation and mechanics that had to be done to the blockiness.

That said if I had to guess January-February is my guess. Maybe we could see December but the former is more likely.

D

Deleted member

I restarted my computer, and my character file suddenly corrupts in Terraria.

Well, that is roughly 150 hours of progress thrown in the trash.

I could just try to make a new character and edit in items, but man, it won't feel the same.

At least Steve is in Smash, right???

D

Deleted member

Sorry to hear that.
Thank you. I'm quite bummed out by it.

I will move on other games, like a Hardcore Minecraft world, Mario 64, Xenoblade Chronicles: DE, and maybe Devil May Cry.

These games are fun, but man, I am very bummed out right now.

I worked so hard to get some of the items my character had. Over a hundred and thirty hours of hard work. And my computer just gives me the middle finger and corrupts my character file.

Not in a great mood, but at least Steve is in Smash, so my day is not completely ruined. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I dreamt I was watching Sonic fighting Mario and at one point he punched Mario so hard Mario blasted away further than the Team Rocket.

It was the most intense punch I had ever seen on a dream.

D

Deleted member

Sup y'all. Had the weirdest dream

It was regarding, I kid you not, Steve from Minecraft making it into smash. The reactions were nuts
Ramen, no, you are giving me hope that Steve is in Smash.

Microsoft already went in and chose Banjo-Kazooie. I do not think Microsoft will double dip. Steve is extremely unlikely.

I wish this dream was real. :/

D

Deleted member

The character description is quite humorous paired up with that picture of a cute doggo lol.
In context it's talking about the Star-vaders and their invasion of both Cray and Earth, which are the reason the Liberators exist. They were formed as an emergency group tasked with fending off the invaders.
And considering what they look like...
93032_200w.jpg

Yeah, they're pretty scary. Throw a few higher up Star-vaders at an entire army and they'll just shred through them all; not for sheer strength(if anything they're actually pretty weak in terms in physical strength) but their ability to "lock" and completely immobilize entire armies is the scary thing about them.
"A good offense is a good defense" is true and all, but if the enemy can outright cripple your defense and render you helpless... that's not good. The fact they have easily billions of foot soldiers that they can just throw at the enemy, along with their ability to "Яeverse" enemies they defeat(bringing them to their side until they're defeated again or break free of sheer will, like Beast Deity, Ethics Buster did) doesn't help either. It took the entire combined military strength of Planet Cray just to hold their own against the first wave, let alone the weird dual timeline second wave. It didn't take very long for the main weak point of them to be found though... just find a way to unlock all of your allies and they become very easy to defeat. Blond Ezel did it first, but when Dragon Empire agreed to let loose the Seal Dragons(a group of criminal dragons so deadly they were sealed deep underground with some of the most advanced sealing techniques known on Cray instead of a normal prison), a few of them, with their advanced knowledge of seals far beyond that of an average person, were able to do it with ease. Not all of them though.

But that's enough scary lore, considering now I've kinda cursed the thread. Lmao.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Due to MS’s recent Bethesda acquisition, we get the cacademon mii costume with Steve like the leak, How do you react?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aw yeah today's the day!
V-BT09_Product.jpg

Have to wait until I get paid but I'll be able to build both Seven Sea and upgrade my GB deck soon

D

Deleted member

Uggh.

I am still bummed about my character file getting corrupted like that.

How do I get over it?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Let's be real, if Smash was going to be a "celebration of gaming", Steve was inevitable.

A Mii Costume would not be doing him justice.
I'll be real though, I definitely would've taken it, lol. I was really desperate for Minecraft to be in somehow.

I'm so, so glad it turned out to be more than I ever could've hoped for. Tomorrow's showcase can't come soon enough!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'll be real though, I definitely would've taken it, lol. I was really desperate for Minecraft to be in somehow.

I'm so, so glad it turned out to be more than I ever could've hoped for. Tomorrow's showcase can't come soon enough!
I would have talen it begrudgingly.

Also, according to Kaplan, talks about Minecraft in Smash has been discussed since 2015. Vergeben is dancing in his grave right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hitotsu: I suppose it is the right time for a change of avatar. Anyone here like it?
Futatsu: Let me see, here...my thoughts on Steve making it into Smash...I say he is quite a welcome addition. More gimmicky fighters like this does give Smash quite a bit of depth. Still, my girls are always my mains.
Mittsu: Hi, @JDCabrera!
So****e, yottsu: For my next trick, I shall emulate Freezerburn's behavior (not completely identically BTW) from here on out. Yes, I will still participate in AMA.

Sayonara :bowser:

D

Deleted member

Make a new one and move on. Or start playing another game. You're dwelling too much on things out of your control in this moment.
I will do the latter.
I do not want to have thoughts of my corrupted character while I play the game. Plus, it wouldn't feel the same at all.

D

Deleted member

Uggh.

I am still bummed about my character file getting corrupted like that.

How do I get over it?
Honestly If I was in that situation I would just edit the items back in. There are a few sites that can do that and they've worked. Course if you don't want to do that that's understandable.

D

Deleted member

Honestly If I was in that situation I would just edit the items back in. There are a few sites that can do that and they've worked. Course if you don't want to do that that's understandable.
Yes, I can do that, but here is the issue.

I wouldn't be able to get all of my items back.

Think of it as this. What if you grew with a robot friend, it dies, and you get a new robot friend to make it be like your old robot friend?

It just wouldn't be the same. :/

D

Deleted member

What's really interesting is that so far, none of the Season 2 characters debuted from an RPG so far. In comparison, Smash 4's DLC had 2 non RPG characters, and Season 1 only had 2 non RPG characters.

That might change, but I do like the bit of variety we're seeing so far.
If we do get an RPG character, please be my boi
Young_Wizard_Render.png

Wistful thinking I know

D

Deleted member

It has not even been three days since October, Trump gets COVID-19, Biden will be tested on COVID-19, and Steve gets in Smash.

We live in the weirdest timeline yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom