• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I’m working on more story writing and one of the things I want to do with my story is see what kind of fantasy elements I could inject into modern conventions and businesses, like a coffee shop for example. Anyone wanna help me brainstorm ideas for a coffee shop in a magic world that’s been influenced by humans?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So to bring up a topic that I've been wanting to mention, how would guys rate the main rosters of just about every game in Marvel vs. Capcom?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OK switched from Death Stranding to a character from an OK seasonal anime for pfp.
I was watching Rent-a-Girlfriend which is a bit strange of a romantic comedy. Yes that is the name, I watched it because of a meme.

How I chose that over Cowboy Bebop or Angel Beats tonight I'll never know.

So I’m working on more story writing and one of the things I want to do with my story is see what kind of fantasy elements I could inject into modern conventions and businesses, like a coffee shop for example. Anyone wanna help me brainstorm ideas for a coffee shop in a magic world that’s been influenced by humans?
I'll be spending a bit on my story shortly so you know where to find me on your servers. I've got too much free time on my hands.

Sorry if I can't help you much with that bit (I'm struggling to think about that aspect in my own story) but I'll see what happens. I'll try.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
One I move I’m getting a dog.

Torn between naming it Yamper or Yoshi.
Now don't take my word for it or anything, but.....

My sister had two boxers and she named them Bowser (RIP) and Booster. That was completely independent from me :yoshi:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Welp. A few rounds of Overwatch since the latest patch, and I've come to the realization of just how hard Orisa got nerfed.

Halt is all-but useless for environmental kills right now.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Oh yeah Noipoi Noipoi

You know who I am, righttttt? :yoshi:
He's the Wizard! The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!

"You'll find he is a whiz of a Wiz
If ever a Wiz there was.
If ever, oh ever, a Wiz there was
The Wizard of Oz is one because
Because, because, because, because, because...
Because of the wonderful things he does."

Did I get it right?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For whatever reason, when I watch some videos or GIFs on my phone it occasionally just turns black.

Updated my phone and it's still a problem.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As far as the current library of the Nintendo Switch, which is of course massive and continually growing rapidly as we speak. What games on the Switch would you consider amoung your favourite games of all time?

This includes new releases for the Switch, ports of old games, or even any games you can get with the online subscription.

For me:
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Final Fantasy VII
Super Metroid
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Hollow Knight
Axiom Verge

D

Deleted member

As far as the current library of the Nintendo Switch, which is of course massive and continually growing rapidly as we speak. What games on the Switch would you consider amoung your favourite games of all time?

This includes new releases for the Switch, ports of old games, or even any games you can get with the online subscription.

For me:
Final Fantasy VII
Super Metroid
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Hollow Knight
Axiom Verge
BOTW, Mario Odyssey, and Animal Crossing. That's it really.

D

Deleted member

I'm feeling really in the mood to play multiplayer games with friends. Oh wait that's right....
images.jpeg

Or at least not any that would be interested in playing with me that is.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Regardless.

Noipoi Noipoi how have you been keeping these days? You seem well.
Noipoi Noipoi

It's great to know you still post here even after I took a break for more than a year.

How is life?
I ain’t dead.

That’s the best I got right now.

Good to see the rest of ya are alright.
How ya been, Noipoi Noipoi ?

Have you checked out The Owl House yet?
I’ve seen bits and pieces of The Owl House, and while I’m sure it’s a fine show I really can’t say I feel the need to watch it.

Amphibia and Infinity Train are holding most of my attention these days. Maybe one day I’ll give Owl House a whirl though. I’ll let you know if I do ;)
B260EA85-4477-494C-A523-0FEA3E2367C7.gif

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

For me:
Final Fantasy VII
Super Metroid
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Hollow Knight
Axiom Verge
Off the top of my head, I've got:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
  • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Mega Man X (as part of Legacy Collection 1)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm betting sometime between late August to mid September we'll have some Helluva Boss news.

I really hunger for the next episode. man.

Dutch Raikuna

For me:
Final Fantasy VII
Super Metroid
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Hollow Knight
Axiom Verge
Looking at my list? Gonna go by those I've mostly completed.

Astral Chain
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle
Celeste
Civilisation VI
Final Fantasy IX
Splatoon 2
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
The World Ends With You
Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Then again I rank my favourite stuff by categories now instead of lists. Category 1 being highest, Category 6 being lowest. So all these would be 1 or 2 I suppose.

Wish I completed Fire Emblem Three Houses or Bayonetta 2 though.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm trying out the story modes in Skullgirls. I don't know if it's just me, but Fukua's story seems more difficult than the stories for the characters in the base game.

I wanted to try the story modes for the base characters before moving on to the ones who were added in updates, but since Fukua appears to be a clone of Filia, I thought I'd try her story mode out. I'm on easy, and I've already died twice, and opponents are regularly hitting me with fifteen hit combos when they wouldn't do that before.

Then again, it also has more fights than usual (she seems to be working her way backwards through the entire cast, fighting the character who would normally be the final boss in the middle), so maybe this is meant to be the challenging story mode?

Edit: I beat it. The final boss was frustrating (it's Filia, the Ryu of the game, but she's apparently always on the hardest difficulty and has three times as much health as usual), but I read online that the same strategy that works for the final boss of Zelda 2 works here - duck in the corner and spam medium punch.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So to bring up a topic that I've been wanting to mention, how would guys rate the main rosters of just about every game in Marvel vs. Capcom?
looking purely at marvel vs capcom specifically

MVC - 6/10
ehhhh, it's good. not much else to say. even then though, this roster also gave us fan favorites like strider, captain commando, jin and venom so i'd hold it in high regard anyway

MVC2 - 7/10
ok, in terms of variety? not that great, but that's justified by the fact that it's mostly just an asset flip. however, this roster has one very strong point, especially for its time: its size. this roster's sheer size is what made it stand out amongst its peers and one of the reasons why this game is legendary. hell, it's bigger than most current fighting game rosters!

MVC3 - 7/10
this roster is also just plain.....ok. it's got a lot of new amazing picks but imo it also has too many randos whose slots could have gone to better characters. don't get me wrong, the weird picks are always one of the best parts in mvc and crossover games in general, but relative to the roster size, it did feel like a bit too much

UMVC3 - 9/10
i have

NO IDEA

how just 12 more characters improved this roster so damn much. phoenix, frank, ghost rider, vergil, strider, etc feel like they've been there since the beginning. this is the best roster in the entire series so far buuuuuut i have to admit there's still a LOT of bases left to cover, which is one of the main reasons i really want a new mahvel to happen

MVCI - 2/10
i don't even want to talk about this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom