• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I was watching one of my replays, and Incineroar made my Shulk go from roughly 0% to 100% in one move.

Revenge can be scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Majora’s Mask is my favorite, but I love/like the others I’ve played, too.

Zelda 2, though, seems very hard and confusing, however I got past the first dungeon at least and got to some cave or something...

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Link to The Past and Wind Waker are my favs.
Link to The Past cuz you can kinda just pick it up and play it for a little bit when bored
Wind Waker because it’s literally the best game do i really need an explanation
If I do it’s because it’s the best Link, super cool characters music graphics etc, incredibly unique and being on an ocean is fun, also the figures from the pictographs are really fricking cool

D

Deleted member

and I dunno what CFVG is.
This is normally the point I would shill for Cardfight!! Vanguard but I’m tired af and it’s almost midnight lol
Honestly I probably shouldn’t even be posting right now as is... eh.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well I can't see your signature (or anyone's), and I dunno what CFVG is.
I never brought this up but I do have a small collection of Vanguard cards in my house. I just don't buy them anymore because the only people I played with all moved away so I saw no point in investing more into the cards.

My mermaid deck is still in their sleeves though.

D

Deleted member

I never brought this up but I do have a small collection of Vanguard cards in my house. I just don't buy them anymore because the only people I played with all moved away so I saw no point in investing more into the cards.
I build decks for Vanguard even though nobody plays Standard here lol. Pretty much just an investment for when I eventually move out and can pick where I want to go in a few years. If nothing else I can teach school pals how to play, unlike Yugioh which is so complex throwing a rulebook at then won’t help at all.

My mermaid deck is still in their sleeves though.
Ah yes, Bermuda Triangle, the waifu fish clan and the only clan to get their own anime(despite how garbage it is)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We talking favorite Zelda games?

Hmmmm....

I really love all the 3D Zelda games and most of the 2D ones but I personally have Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Minish Cap and Skyward Sword as my favorites.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Time flies like an Arwing coming out of the anus of Venom.
I was going to be mad that you compared the ending of Star Fox 64 to an anus but...

I'm even madder that I agree that it looks like an anus.

D

Deleted member

I was going to be mad that you compared the ending of Star Fox 64 to an anus but...

I'm even madder that I agree that it looks like an anus.
It took me a post to realize that this was Star Fox and not an Arwing flying out of Venom the Marvel character's anus.

I am uncultured and stupid, I apologize to Aurane.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think Breath of the Wild because I think it has the most fun combat system. Zelda combat has traditionally been pretty simple, especially in 3D titles where it often boils down to hiding behind your shield until the enemy leaves an opening. In Breath if the Wild on the other hand gives you a ton of options towards any situation and rewards you for thinking strategically and getting creative.

Lots of Zelda games also have frustrating moments where its not always exactly clear how the devs wanted you to solve a puzzle to progress. In BotW I never really had that problem since not only are most puzzles optional, they tend to be open-ended with more then one "right" solution.

Coming up with and then enacting strategies is just one of my favorite things in video games. That's why BotW is my favorite Zelda game and possibly one of my favorite games of all time...and if BotW2 to adds more combat options and enemy variety like we can expect it to, then it can easily surpass it for me.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Interesting.

I will make another point though.

A golden route for Three Houses would be kind of dumb, in my opinion. The whole point of the game is for you to be emotionally connected with the characters.

I thought I was done with debating about Three Houses, but here I am. -_-
Shiny...nobody is ever done with anything in relations to Fire Emblem
As much as a pacifist like me would love to see Edelgarde, Dimitri and Rhea all hold hands and skip their way off into the sunset, I also think it'd kill the point of the game's narrative.

Three Houses is meant to be a tragic story where the conflict was inevitable. It's really what Fate's story should have been.
Fates was...quite unique...when it comes to how things went down with their paths. Tho it is excellently depressing to be forced to kill those closest to your characters, it also makes things amazing (except for those who kill Bernie, Dorothea, Ferdinand Von Aegir, Hilda, Lysithea, Annette, Ashe, Petra, the happiness of superior Gatekeeper, and to NEVER SAVE MARIANNE...those heartless ****ers).

brightside about Fates tho...Camilla and Ryoma make for a good couple...and Silas is awesome for bias reasons

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I no longer like Skullgirls. The folks at Lab Zero can **** off and I hope they all go bankrupt and end up homeless on the street begging for food. And then I'll walk up to them and when they ask for change I'll just say "TRY AGAIN KID!"

UmbraCrow

Smash Rookie
what are the best character mods in Brawl/Project M? I've been interested in trying out mods, and Brawl's as good a starting place as any. I know Knuckles, Waluigi, Ridley, and Toad are good, any others?
If you wanna see a good mod pack for PMEX, I'd recommend Remix. It has Sans, Joker, Sub-Zero, Squall, Zero, and quite a few more.

I'll leave the link here:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=217920

As well as a video to the latest patch new character gameplay, so you can see how it plays: https://youtu.be/WvjK8o8EqA4

osby

Smash Obsessed
I no longer like Skullgirls.
I can see where you're coming f-

The folks at Lab Zero can **** off and I hope they all go bankrupt and end up homeless on the street begging for food. And then I'll walk up to them and when they ask for change I'll just say "TRY AGAIN KID!"
...that escalated quickly.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I no longer like Skullgirls. The folks at Lab Zero can **** off and I hope they all go bankrupt and end up homeless on the street begging for food. And then I'll walk up to them and when they ask for change I'll just say "TRY AGAIN KID!"
Wasn't it only one guy who did the bad stuff?

Seems harsh to blame all of them for the actions of one.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Wasn't it only one guy who did the bad stuff?

Seems harsh to blame all of them for the actions of one.
I don't know who's decision it was to create this bull**** boss. All I can blame it on is the entire studio. I've been trying this fight since 9:30pm and now it's 2:18 AM! I got so frustrated I started hitting MYSELF! **** this fight! And **** whoever thought it was fun to allow you to play through an entire rout, an entire GAME on easy mode and then have the final fight of the final character ALWAYS be on nightmare difficulty no matter what you picked at the beginning! **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!!!!!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know who's decision it was to create this bull** boss. All I can blame it on is the entire studio. I've been trying this fight since 9:30pm and now it's 2:18 AM! I got so frustrated I started hitting MYSELF! this fight! And whoever thought it was fun to allow you to play through an entire rout, an entire GAME on easy mode and then have the final fight of the final character ALWAYS be on nightmare difficulty no matter what you picked at the beginning! **!!!!!
Oh.

It's... due to the boss....

In that case, the comment is uncalled for.

Regardless, Marie isn't too bad.

Just be sure to be patient and block more often than not.

This player shows it well. Attack then block, and when in doubt, block.

That aside, if a game is causing you to harm yourself, take a break. Maybe talk to someone IRL about it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Oh.

It's... due to the boss....

In that case, the comment is uncalled for.

Regardless, Marie isn't too bad.

Just be sure to be patient and block more often than not.

This player shows it well. Attack then block, and when in doubt, block.

That aside, if a game is causing you to harm yourself, take a break. Maybe talk to someone IRL about it.
Not Marie. She's easy. I'm talking about Ultra Filia or whatever she's called. The final boss of Fukua's story mode. All of her stats are 3x the normal, including health, and she is always set to Nightmare difficulty, even if you picked the easiest gameplay setting. And even if you've been trying for FIVE HOURS!!!

D

Deleted member

Not Marie. She's easy. I'm talking about Ultra Filia or whatever she's called. The final boss of Fukua's story mode. All of her stats are 3x the normal, including health, and she is always set to Nightmare difficulty, even if you picked the easiest gameplay setting. And even if you've been trying for FIVE HOURS!!!
It has taken me a month to beat Sans in Undertale, you will be fine.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
They put out a new pipe in MKT focused on Bowser and his minions, and I finally have Luigi’s Mansion King Boo.

yee.

Unfortunately I’ll have to get more free rubies somehow if I want the king of all blasting matter.

edit: Well, I’ll have one chance at King Bob-omb’s pipe, at least...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Did you try this?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It didn’t work. Either they patched it out or that dude just got lucky. Either way. I’m done. I’m going to bed. I’m never touching this game again. And May everyone involved with this crummy game see nothing but sorrow and failure for the rest of their lives!

D

Deleted member

I really need to play more Zelda.
It didn’t work. Either they patched it out or that dude just got lucky. Either way. I’m done. I’m going to bed. I’m never touching this game again. And May everyone involved with this crummy game see nothing but sorrow and failure for the rest of their lives!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Haven't played the game in question, but I know enough about getting angry at video games in general to say that you'll probably regret making most of these rage comments once you've calmed down.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Haven't played the game in question, but I know enough about getting angry at video games in general to say that you'll probably regret making most of these rage comments once you've calmed down.
If you say so. But I have since found out that this whole challenge is an April fools joke. And it’s a joke at my expense, and the expense of any casual player who heard good things about Skullgirls and thought to pick it up. I think I have a right to be angry.

Shroob

Sup?
If you say so. But I have since found out that this whole challenge is an April fools joke. And it’s a joke at my expense, and the expense of any casual player who heard good things about Skullgirls and thought to pick it up. I think I have a right to be angry.
To be fair, Skullgirls wasn't really 'made' for casuals. It was made by people deep in the Fighting Game community to be hardcore, for hardcore FGC fans. I really wouldn't consider Skullgirls an easy game at all, it's made for people competent with traditional 2D fighters who have their own fight-stick and can do all the hard inputs.

I'm pretty sure the "Easy" mode was put in begrudgingly since people complained about the game being too hard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom