• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So uh... this happened
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Could be fake but aside from a few odd frames it looks pretty legit.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai wants you to enlist our great king’s Pigmask Army!

15 August 2020...

Sakurai posts a picture of Porky.

Mother 3 was released in 20 April 2006.

Ridley and Porky were bosses in Brawl, and Ridley got in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Porky is a pretty highly requested character.

I have came to the conclusion that...

Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.

Shroob

Sup?
"Ocarina of Time stares at Shroob despondently for having been forgotten"
Hot take but I don't like OoT that much. It's not a bad game by any stretch, but it just doesn't horribly interest me. It's a good game, and tbh, the 3DS remake is the best way to play it imo, but it just 'lacks' something.

Majora's Mask, despite being a lot of busywork, just feels more impactful to me, ALttP still holds up to this day, and Wind Waker takes what's good in OoT and builds onto it(Though the Great Sea is a bore).

Shroob

Sup?
My issue with OoT is just... Hyrule Field was amazing in the 90's... but man.... it hasn't aged well, and there's just not a whole hell of a lot to do there.

Twilight Princess followed OoT's MASSIVE Hyrule Field too, but it had a lot of side **** in it.

The Great Sea is the one major blemish on Wind Waker. It's arguably worse than Hyrule Field.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Seriously though, Wind Waker remasters which expanded into the map and added some other neat features would, no question, beat BOTW any day

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hot take but I don't like OoT that much. It's not a bad game by any stretch, but it just doesn't horribly interest me. It's a good game, and tbh, the 3DS remake is the best way to play it imo, but it just 'lacks' something.

Majora's Mask, despite being a lot of busywork, just feels more impactful to me, ALttP still holds up to this day, and Wind Waker takes what's good in OoT and builds onto it(Though the Great Sea is a bore).
Ocarina isn't my favorite either, and my biggest gripe with it is it's linear overworld, but I can see why it's an iconic entry even by the series' standards. It made a lot of firsts for the series, did a lot of other things really well to make it into a very well-rounded and immersive game, and it features what might be the most iconic appearance of Ganon/Ganondorf to this day.

I adore Majora's Mask, need to finish ALttP, and I love everything about Wind Waker (which means I completely disagree about the Great Sea. It was literally the most fascinating and exciting Zelda overworld to me growing up, and I still love the way it was handled overall).

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Majora's Mask is near and dear to my heart and words cannot describe how much I love it. It's one of those games that showed me games could be art. Speaking of MM, hot take but I like the 3DS port of Majora better. Only thing that it messed up IMO was Zora swimming but unlocking the Chateau Romani fixes it so it's fine.

OoT is amazing and I adore it...but I kinda feel Twilight Princess is OoT but a lot better, so I'd probably rank that one way higher than it, lol. TBH I actually like TP a lot more than Wind Waker too; TP is probably my second favorite Zelda.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
For reals, my favorite Zelda is probably OoT. Call me basic all you want.

BotW could theoretically give it a run for it's money, though the divine beast dungeons kinda keep it from being perfect to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Zelda, is anyone anticipating the BOTW sequel?

BOTW was a very nice game.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My issue with OoT is just... Hyrule Field was amazing in the 90's... but man.... it hasn't aged well, and there's just not a whole hell of a lot to do there.

Twilight Princess followed OoT's MASSIVE Hyrule Field too, but it had a lot of side **** in it.

The Great Sea is the one major blemish on Wind Waker. It's arguably worse than Hyrule Field.
I was with you until you said Wind Waker's overworld was a worse version of the already badly aged Hyrule Field.

I always felt that there was much more to explore across the many islands of the Great Sea than the extensive but largely barren Hyrule Field. Yeah, the ocean itself can be barren in some areas, but that's what the wide variety of islands are for, not to mention all of the secret caves and dungeons, enemy platforms, submarines and rafts. Really all that was missing were a few bigger islands and larger enemy pirate ships that could've made for some hella thrilling real-time event battles.

It was probably the first time a 3D Zelda game had a true, non-linear open world, imo.

D

Deleted member

Botw is my favorite Zelda game period. Granted I’ve only played it and a few other games(most notably Og, Majora’s Mask 3d, and a little bit if Wind Waker HD) so I don't have much to compare it too.

Shroob

Sup?
Ocarina isn't my favorite either, and my biggest gripe with it is it's linear overworld, but I can see why it's an iconic entry even by the series' standards. It made a lot of firsts for the series, did a lot of other things really well to make it into a very well-rounded and immersive game, and it features what might be the most iconic appearance of Ganon/Ganondorf to this day.

I adore Majora's Mask, need to finish ALttP, and I love everything about Wind Waker (which means I completely disagree about the Great Sea. It was literally the most fascinating and exciting Zelda overworld to me growing up, and I still love the way it was handled overall).
I definitely gotta disagree on the Sea lol.

You're soo limited in movement since you really can't stray too far away from the King of Red Lions. so you have to go everywhere on him, and my god, sometimes travel times can be a looooooooong time.

If you get hit by a Gyorg or a Sea Hat, they knock you out of the boat, meaning you gotta climb in.

Like, I've played WW more than I can count and I'm always rushing to get the fast travel song, I hate sailing soo much lol.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
YA GOTTA BE ****ING MY SOCKS HERE KID OOT IS THE BEST ZELDA GAME EVER ON THE BEST CONSOLE EVER, AND I BET YOU'RE JUST ONE OF THOSE EDGY FREAKS WHO DON'T LIKE GOOD AND POPULAR THINGS CAUSE THEY'RE POPULAR AND GOOD AND IF YOU LIKE MM THEN YOU BASICALLY LIKE OOT TOO SO SHUT THE **** UP, I BET YOU DIDN'T EVEN PLAY EITHER ONE. YOU WERE A ****ING PLAYSTATION ***** BUT YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO ADMIT IT YOU JOLLY RANCHER SUCKING WINGUS!

this is a ****post. Have a good night.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For reals, my favorite Zelda is probably OoT. Call me basic all you want.

BotW could theoretically give it a run for it's money, though the divine beast dungeons kinda keep it from being perfect to me.
The divine beasts are my favorite part of BOTW ngl.
I always take the time to beeline for them and do all the stuff because while they’re fairly short the rewards you get for completing them are priceless. I want them to do them again(with maybe some slight improvements) for BOTW2

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I definitely gotta disagree on the Sea lol.

You're soo limited in movement since you really can't stray too far away from the King of Red Lions. so you have to go everywhere on him, and my god, sometimes travel times can be a looooooooong time.

If you get hit by a Gyorg or a Sea Hat, they knock you out of the boat, meaning you gotta climb in.

Like, I've played WW more than I can count and I'm always rushing to get the fast travel song, I hate sailing soo much lol.
It sounds like your opinion on the Great Sea stems from a matter of just disliking the pace of sailing more than anything else.

I've been more than content with the pace all my life. Gyrogs and Sea Hats were frustrating, but not to that extent. I only found it slow if you got warped by a Big Octo or Cyclone since that actually tends to set you way off course, or if you had to manually travel from somewhere like say, Outset Island all to the Forsaken Fortress, which is an unlikely occurrence. Cyclos' Song provided relief for me whenever I did tire of travel, but to be fair I can say similar things about traveling on foot vs. warping for every Zelda game.

Agree to disagree. I enjoyed the atmosphere and ocean combat of the game too much to ever get frustrated with sailing, excluding those darn Big Octos lol.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I loved BotW, but yeah I'm with Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , the Divine Beasts weren't as cool as actual dungeons. Given the potentially creepy dark plot and the potential return of dungeons (hopefully), I think if anything could finally rival my love for Majora, BotW2 could do it given it turns out a certain way.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Divine Beasts are great, imo. The dungeon aspect is just one part to them. They're a very different experience in the Zelda series, and there's more to them than just being obligatory dungeons.

Instead, it's the many Sheikah Shrines that I find failing to live up to the quality of past Zelda dungeons.

D

Deleted member

(think it was Chaos)
I keep on forgetting I changed my name from Baku and I always confuse myself lol
I was literally about to go “NO IT WAS ME” before I double checked and remembered

D

Deleted member

Oh my god you are Baku. Wtf? How did I not see that? LMAO
Always have been
4BB0C663-B5C8-462C-9FC3-241496DBC480.png

But seriously, was the CFVG vanguard character reference in my name and my signature not enough? lmao

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wind waker is my favorite Zelda game because it's one of the few games I've played in my life where I truly felt like I could immerse myself into the setting of the game.

The only other games I could think of that gave me that kind of experience were P5 and the Hoenn region Pokemon games.

On that note, the giant squids and the bugs in the second dungeon always scared the crap out of me and I feel my skin crawl whenever I think of those bugs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom