• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I really wish that they had made a Paper Donkey Kong game/side mode in the Paper Mario series before it went under. I would have loved to see DK’s world expanded and fleshed our in the same way as Mario’s. Now, even if they did do something with a Paper DK, that fleshing out wouldn’t happen.
DK’s walking animation would look so weird in Paper form

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I made a Smash move set for the Wonderful 101. Here it is. Please read it.
I see these heroes as a kind of cross between Ice Climbers and Pokémon Trainer. The main hero you control is Wonder Red. The moveset is mostly original however, as he doesn’t have much in the way or extended combos. Each wonderful one really only has three moves with their unite morphs and one neutral combo that they can use when their friends have been knocked down. That unarmed combo is Red’s neutral combo, and the unique skills (Wonderful Rising, Wonderful Cyclone, and Wonderful Stinger) function as the smash attacks, but without the unite morph. Just unarmed. And the rest are completely made up for Smash. Your 6 comrades follow you around the arena and attack as you do. Like Ice Climbers, but they can go wherever they want. They still only attack when you do, and they can’t activate any special moves.

The Neutral Special, Unite Morph, combines the other six members of your squad into a powerful unite morph. It enhances the power of all your normal attacks. The longer you hold the button, the more if your friends get added to the morph. This does take them off the battlefield, however. And if you not careful and hold it for too long, the morph will explode, smattering your friends and forcing you to gather your squad back up. If you tilt the right stick in a specific direction (a smash attack input) while holding the Neutral Special, you change the Wonderful One you are controlling. To the side gives you Wonder Blue, up gives you Wonder Pink, and down gives you Wonder White. Red takes the place of whoever you switch too. They utilize Unite Morph the same way Red does. And each have their own list of A attacks. Just like Red, they utilize their unarmed combo as their neutral combo and the Wonderful Skills for Smash Attacks, with the rest being original to Smash. Holding down the special button without inputting any directions on the right stick will cause the wonderful ones to come to you and cluster around you like they can in game. In this state, you can only use the unite morph of the wonderful one you are already controlling and cannot switch without breaking formation. Your normal attacks do more damage by default, as it’s all concentrated in one spot rather then scattered around the battlefield, but the other Wonderful Ones become much more brittle and can be knocked away much easier.

Your side special is Unite Gun. Wonder Green charged up his Unite Morph in the same manner as the neutral special. Once it’s built to your preferred size, he can run around shooting people with the side-b button combination. But your friends are your ammo. Meaning you only have six shots before it runs out.

Your down special is Unite Bomb. Just like Green, Wonder Black will begin charging up a Unite Bomb, with the more of your friends in it the longer you hold the button. After it is formed, you tap the button again to throw it. The size of the explosion will change depending on how long you charge it. The Unite Bomb not only does damage, but it also causes the opponents hit by it to physically slow down. This will also apply to stage hazards, Assist Trophies, and Poké Ball Pokémon that end up in the blast radius.

Like Min Min, you have two different up specials. If you are on the ground, Wonder Yellow will begin charging Unite Hammer. Just like the others, the longer you hold the charge, the bigger the attack. Press again to perform the attack. This attack will rise you upwards in a similar manor to Ike and Cloud’s up special. In the air, this move becomes Wonder Jump. Time slows around you for a split second and you jump higher than you ever could normally, your squad in tow. This is to mirror how the Jump in game is more of an escape tool than an offensive one.

While you have a Unite Morph built (even Gun, Bomb, and Hammer) you have the ability to run around with it and position yourself. But as stated before, they will explode if you wait too long before using them. If the Morph exploded, your friends that were a part of it become dazed and must be recovered, and they can scatter pretty far, or even be KO’d by this (causing you to need to wait for them to be brought back to the stage by a platform). This has the potential to leave you with no partners for a good while. Especially detrimental if you end up stuck as Green, Yellow, or Black. As they have no abilities besides Wonder Jump and a much weaker non-Unite Morph version of their corresponding special move. Thankfully, you only loose a stock if the one you specifically are controlling is KO’d.

The Final Smash is “Unlimited 101”. The heroes activate their unlimited forms and perform an attack which traps the enemies it hits in a cutscene. The trapped foes are then barraged by the 93 side Wonderful Ones all around the same time (though to preserve memory, like hero, this is done through a pre-rendered video clip) before the finishing blow is delt by your playable character. Like the base game’s quick time events, quickly drawing the correct shape is what triggers the attack and drawing the shape larger will make the attack hit harder. Each of the seven Wonderful Ones has a unique finishing blow, as you can trigger this while controlling any given Wonderful One (even Green, Yellow, and Black). Try drawing a W or P shape for a special hidden attack!

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
OK. Why is the final boss of Fukua's story in Skullgirls so BS? Seriously, it's like a 100 fold difficulty spike and I can barely hit her because she is somehow always blocking no matter what I do. The rest of the run hasn't been that bad and I'm already on Easy! Do I need to back out and do sleepwalker or something because jeese!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
OK. I just found out that Fukua's final boss is ALWAYS on Nightmare no matter what difficulty you pick. My only question is WHY!?! Why have a difficulty select if it can just be ignored without warning the player at all? And if that's what you're gonna do, why not have THE WHOLE LADDER be that difficulty exclusively? Why allow them to breeze through the entire rest of the run only to throw a brick wall at your face at the very end? Who on god's green earth thinks that is fun? I'm not against high difficulty, but if you're gonna let me pick a difficulty then STICK to it!

D

Deleted member

OK. I just found out that Fukua's final boss is ALWAYS on Nightmare no matter what difficulty you pick. My only question is WHY!?! Why have a difficulty select if it can just be ignored without warning the player at all? And if that's what you're gonna do, why not have THE WHOLE LADDER be that difficulty exclusively? Why allow them to breeze through the entire rest of the run only to throw a brick wall at your face at the very end? Who on god's green earth thinks that is fun? I'm not against high difficulty, but if you're gonna let me pick a difficulty then STICK to it!
If I had to guess it’s to make the final boss a challenge irregardless of what difficulty you pick exactly so you can’t just breeze through it. Which if I have to be honest it isn’t the worst thing in the world in terms of game design.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
If I had to guess it’s to make the final boss a challenge irregardless of what difficulty you pick exactly so you can’t just breeze through it. Which if I have to be honest it isn’t the worst thing in the world in terms of game design.
For one single character on the roster and nobody else? No. That's just being cruel. That's not being difficulty being used as a tool to make players get better, that'd difficulty being used to bludgeon your skull in. It's the kind of underhanded tactic I'd expect from an arcade game that wants more of my money. Not a single purchase home console game. I picked easy. Let me play on easy. Don't be a **** about it.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Ah, that actually makes it a bit weirder. Now I have more questions than answers.... ****.
I know. I don't care how much of a **** SNK was to you when you were a kid. You don't get to take it out on us by sneaking God Rugal into your easy mode walkthrough who is a thousand times more difficult then the fight which functions as the ACTUAL final boss for every other character.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
You ever get that feeling when a video game series you really, really love is currently stuck in a rut or just straight up MIA, and you're hoping that there's still a chance for a comeback... only for that chance to just get obliterated, and you're just left feeling depressed?

Over the course of this month, I've had this happen to two of my favorite game series. Can you guess what they are?
  • One of them was an RPG series with compelling stories and interesting characters, that stopped being an RPG at some point for no reason and refuses to go back. It was an unpopular decision that a good majority of fans, myself included, did not agree with. With its latest installment, I held out hope that it would eventually return to its glory days... only for a series of interviews to come out and reveal that the people behind the development of the series no longer care and will never go back to the series' RPG roots, no matter how much people complain.
  • The other was a fighting game series that had a few games in the 90's, and it left enough of an impact and garnered enough fans that it keeps being referenced in other series from the same company, and its characters are constantly appearing in crossover games to the point that that's all they're known for. Despite this, the company behind this series simply refuses to make a new game. There was at least one prominent developer in the company who was vocally interested in reviving this series... but now said developer will be leaving the company this year, meaning as far as I know, that series now has zero chance for a revival.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You ever get that feeling when a video game series you really, really love is currently stuck in a rut or just straight up MIA, and you're hoping that there's still a chance for a comeback... only for that chance to just get obliterated, and you're just left feeling depressed?

Over the course of this month, I've had this happen to two of my favorite game series. Can you guess what they are?
  • One of them was an RPG series with compelling stories and interesting characters, that stopped being an RPG at some point for no reason and refuses to go back. It was an unpopular decision that a good majority of fans, myself included, did not agree with. With its latest installment, I held out hope that it would eventually return to its glory days... only for a series of interviews to come out and reveal that the people behind the development of the series no longer care and will never go back to the series' RPG roots, no matter how much people complain.
  • The other was a fighting game series that had a few games in the 90's, and it left enough of an impact and garnered enough fans that it keeps being referenced in other series from the same company, and its characters are constantly appearing in crossover games to the point that that's all they're known for. Despite this, the company behind this series simply refuses to make a new game. There was at least one prominent developer in the company who was vocally interested in reviving this series... but now said developer will be leaving the company this year, meaning as far as I know, that series now has zero chance for a revival.
I'm still hoping for a new Darkstalkers game that isn't just a collection of ports, too.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

Paper Mario and Darkstalkers? Yeah. It really sucks. Though I do think Darkstalkers has a better chance at coming back then Paper Mario does at returning to it's roots. I actually think there's a big chance of Darkstalkers 4 coming out next gen before Street Fighter 6 does. Capcom is entering a bit of a new golden age. Look at Mega Man 11, Resident Evil 7/2R/3R/8, DMC5, and Monster Hunter World. I think it's only a matter of time before that seeps into the fighting games. And since SFV is running the gambit all the way to the very end of the PS4's life, it would make sense to let Darkstalkers step in while we're all bathing in the afterglow as it were. If they did a new Street Fighter immediately without time for 5 to settle, there would be consumer fatigue and disinterest.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE VIEWERS IN THE BACK!!!!
k 👍
I’M GONNA BE HONEST THOUGH
SAKURAI SAID ITS VERY LIKELY WERE NOT GETTING ANY OTHER SITUATION WHERE A CHARACTER HAS 50+ SONGS
BUT IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN TO ANOTHER CHARACTER...
IT’S ABSOLUTELY GOING TO BE PHOENIX WRIGHT

that said, that doesn’t mean phoenix wright will 100% have 50+ tracks.
just that if someone does, it will be him.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

paper mario and darkstalkers, right?

most of the series i want back are, to be frank, just in a "hey i'd like to see this back" situation rather than being in a particular rut. i guess marvel vs capcom would count, but even then, that one still has a good amount of hope, i guess? on a related note though, i'd personally tell you to keep your chin up for darkstalkers. it's looking like the capcom redemption arc has finally reached the fighting game division for various reasons, which i'm too tired to type them all out so i'd personally just direct you to maximillian dood's video on ono's departure. it describes the situation better than i ever possibly could

D

Deleted member

One of them was an RPG series with compelling stories and interesting characters, that stopped being an RPG at some point for no reason and refuses to go back. It was an unpopular decision that a good majority of fans, myself included, did not agree with. With its latest installment, I held out hope that it would eventually return to its glory days... only for a series of interviews to come out and reveal that the people behind the development of the series no longer care and will never go back to the series' RPG roots, no matter how much people complain.
To be honest I kinda like the way Paper Mario is going. 64 and Thousand are good in their own right but I find myself levitating moreso to the wacky and weird newer games because I simply like that more than what 64 and Thousand had to offer(which I need to emphasize that I’m not saying they’re bad games, just to be clear. They’re just a little bit too hot for my tea.)

But I can see where you’re coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Paper Mario and Darkstalkers.

For me that kind of game is the PXZ, I hear the dev team for that trilogy split up which is a shame because I want a PXZ3 on switch.

D

Deleted member

Is Hunger Games happening today, or tommorow?
It can get pretty quiet in here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Amphibia was pretty damn good this week. Marcy is great and has only been in one episode.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Paper Mario and Darkstalkers? Yeah. It really sucks. Though I do think Darkstalkers has a better chance at coming back then Paper Mario does at returning to it's roots. I actually think there's a big chance of Darkstalkers 4 coming out next gen before Street Fighter 6 does. Capcom is entering a bit of a new golden age. Look at Mega Man 11, Resident Evil 7/2R/3R/8, DMC5, and Monster Hunter World. I think it's only a matter of time before that seeps into the fighting games. And since SFV is running the gambit all the way to the very end of the PS4's life, it would make sense to let Darkstalkers step in while we're all bathing in the afterglow as it were. If they did a new Street Fighter immediately without time for 5 to settle, there would be consumer fatigue and disinterest.
paper mario and darkstalkers, right?

most of the series i want back are, to be frank, just in a "hey i'd like to see this back" situation rather than being in a particular rut. i guess marvel vs capcom would count, but even then, that one still has a good amount of hope, i guess? on a related note though, i'd personally tell you to keep your chin up for darkstalkers. it's looking like the capcom redemption arc has finally reached the fighting game division for various reasons, which i'm too tired to type them all out so i'd personally just direct you to maximillian dood's video on ono's departure. it describes the situation better than i ever possibly could
I want to hold out hope for Darkstalkers 4... I so desperately want to hope for that game to become reality someday...

... and yet, it's hard to do that with how Capcom keeps treating the series. The only time it ever gets acknowledged by them is through crossover games like Marvel vs. Capcom, Project X Zone (the latter giving Darkstalkers the most love it's had in years... likely due to not being developed by Capcom themselves), and Teppen, and minor references in other Capcom games like the Street Fighter V costumes. The first game almost ended up getting the HD Remix treatment courtesy of UDON Comics, but Capcom rejected that pitch, and the one time they gave the Darkstalkers series a chance, they released... yet another port collection of the older games (albeit a really good one), and then said "If Darkstalkers Resurrection doesn't sell gangbusters, we're not making more Darkstalkers games", and we all know how that went...

I know that Capcom's been going through a redemption arc lately. Mega Man 11, Devil May Cry V, the recent Resident Evil releases, Monster Hunter World, and even Street Fighter V getting a Rival Schools character are proof of that... and yet, the dark pessimistic side of me keeps saying that Darkstalkers will never be a part of that... I just hope that it's wrong and that the ever mythical Darkstalkers 4 will eventually come true, even if Ono (again, the only developer at Capcom who expressed interest in bringing Darkstalkers back, at least as far as I know... though I haven't watched Max's video on his leaving yet, so I could be wrong) won't be the one to make it happen.

Paper Mario and Darkstalkers.

For me that kind of game is the PXZ, I hear the dev team for that trilogy split up which is a shame because I want a PXZ3 on switch.
Wait, really? I didn't know that happened. There's goes yet another series I love...

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
That’s a big rip for me because Sunday is cleaning day for me... And I’ll almost 100% miss all of it...

Tag me if anything interesting happens.
Alright, I will.
But I might be heading to bed in the next few hours so if it does end up happening super late then I won’t be able to.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Slogging through Perfect Dark Zero to get the last Rare Replay stamps and it is slow and monotonous why did I think this was a good idea?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I want to hold out hope for Darkstalkers 4... I so desperately want to hope for that game to become reality someday...

... and yet, it's hard to do that with how Capcom keeps treating the series. The only time it ever gets acknowledged by them is through crossover games like Marvel vs. Capcom, Project X Zone (the latter giving Darkstalkers the most love it's had in years... likely due to not being developed by Capcom themselves), and Teppen, and minor references in other Capcom games like the Street Fighter V costumes. The first game almost ended up getting the HD Remix treatment courtesy of UDON Comics, but Capcom rejected that pitch, and the one time they gave the Darkstalkers series a chance, they released... yet another port collection of the older games (albeit a really good one), and then said "If Darkstalkers Resurrection doesn't sell gangbusters, we're not making more Darkstalkers games", and we all know how that went...

I know that Capcom's been going through a redemption arc lately. Mega Man 11, Devil May Cry V, the recent Resident Evil releases, Monster Hunter World, and even Street Fighter V getting a Rival Schools character are proof of that... and yet, the dark pessimistic side of me keeps saying that Darkstalkers will never be a part of that... I just hope that it's wrong and that the ever mythical Darkstalkers 4 will eventually come true, even if Ono (again, the only developer at Capcom who expressed interest in bringing Darkstalkers back, at least as far as I know... though I haven't watched Max's video on his leaving yet, so I could be wrong) won't be the one to make it happen.

Wait, really? I didn't know that happened. There's goes yet another series I love...
IDK. It just makes too much sense to me for Darkstalkers 4 to happen considering what's going on with Capcom currently. It feels like Ono might have been the guy keeping Capcom's renaissance from effecting the fighting games, and now that he's back.....

It's like.... what were the "odds" of a game like Mario Odyssey happening before it was announced? People probably thought they were 0%. Then it happened. Same with Resident Evil 7 and it's ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom