• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostM

Phantom
Wait hold on what am I missing from the leaks? I keep seeing mentions of Ura Zelda so like did they find the entire Ura Zelda project?

Also in reference to the Luigi model leak:
A70FF769-94AD-42D0-87D5-AF92E4959462.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Like I said. If a character from Melee was planned and actually had some form of content but later removed, and they aren’t in Smash Ultimate, then the freak out will be huge. Especially for fans of the series.
Well, Mach Rider and Ayumi Tachibana were considered before they went with the Ice Climbers as the Retro rep in Melee. I believe Mach Rider was a close second because of his song being in the game:

D

Deleted member

But seriously, these leaks better include Dragon King: The Fighting Game

I'm DYING to see what Smash looked like before it was Nintendo branded.
If the hackers get to Smash 64 they will likely find Dragon King stuff.

Take in mind It Will take a good time for them to recreate everything doh, as It also had to take some time to rebuild Luigi's model.

D

Deleted member

Wait hold on what am I missing from the leaks? I keep seeing mentions of Ura Zelda so like did they find the entire Ura Zelda project?

Also in reference to the Luigi model leak:
View attachment 280152
They found files for Ura Zelda, but sadly only a 25% seem to be kept.

Everything else found is empty files sadly.

D

Deleted member

Damn, with all these posts I'm in less than 200 likes before hitting 5.000 ones.

No wonder why doh, I'm basically documenting historic things involving the gaming world.

This is one of those tarde experiences in Life few people get to live.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Well, Mach Rider and Ayumi Tachibana were considered before they went with the Ice Climbers as the Retro rep in Melee. I believe Mach Rider was a close second because of his song being in the game:

So I really wouldn’t be surprised if there was a 3d model or even just a render there.
And correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Ayumi from a detective game..? I mean, it’s not like I can really talk, since Phoenix Wright is one of my most wanted. But still, I wonder how that unique of a moveset would work in a game like Melee.
what it it's geno. there's an attatched text file, saying

"**** he's owned by square ABORT DEVELOPMENT"
That would be hilarious. Sakurai plays SMRPG, likes Geno, and forgets to find out whether Nintendo even owns him. That sounds like something that would happen during Melee’s development.

D

Deleted member

Before trying to go to sleep after this exciting day, someone made this with the Luigi 3D model:

image0-2.png

Glad to have been able to document all my Smashboards Friends on this Big day for Nintendo fans.

Hopefully tomorrow goes really well for me too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My parents are mad at me for being offended by Silence of the Lambs despite the fact that it’s a movie with an extremely harmful depiction of a trans woman that they try to hand wave with a few small lines.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I really wouldn’t be surprised if there was a 3d model or even just a render there.
And correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Ayumi from a detective game..? I mean, it’s not like I can really talk, since Phoenix Wright is one of my most wanted. But still, I wonder how that unique of a moveset would work in a game like Melee.
Yes, Ayumi is from a detective club game called Famicom Detective Club and here is a example of how she could play:

http://fav.me/dn12p5

Damn! I think the media player is acting up.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Yes, Ayumi is from a detective club game called Famicom Detective Club and here is a example of how she could play:

http://fav.me/dn12p5

Damn! I think the media player is acting up.
Hey, that’s kind of cool! She doesn’t seem like the most unique character, but I can tell she’d be fun.
also if both her and chell got in then you probably couldn’t tell between the kirby hats
My parents are mad at me for being offended by Silence of the Lambs despite the fact that it’s a movie with an extremely harmful depiction of a trans woman that they try to hand wave with a few small lines.
Remember that it’s a fictional movie that came out 30 years ago. I don’t feel like getting angry at you is the correct response, but I can understand someone being confused. Most people don’t really care about what older movies do when it comes to things like that since back then most people took little to no offense at any movie. Plus, the trans population was much smaller back then. IIRC.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Tbf, consider that it’s probably just a product of the time it was made. Like the depictions of certain races in vintage cartoons.

D

Deleted member

One more thing:

unknown-2.png

This is Luigi's 3D model with all his textures in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Right I'm going to do a self blocking from here for the rest of the night.

Want to talk about stuff but eh, posts are getting weird so I'm going to do it before I start getting annoyed at myself with it.

@JDCabrera , Wademan94 Wademan94 , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs and co. I'll be on Discord for a bit longer even though I don't have a few of you guys.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
what if we get the forbidden 7 from brawl.

this is how plusle and minum win.
wait, don’t we know about the forbidden 7 because of files found within? I feel like any render or anything for one would’ve been found too...
or do you mean one of the forbidden 7, but in melee? because some like toon zelda and toon sheik wouldn’t make sense in a game where young link debuted

GhostM

Phantom
I need to learn how to mod stuff like that in, because I absolutely need to play as 64 Luigi in Wind Waker.
Well I mean for starters they are already on the works of porting luigi's model into SM64. Not entirely sure about porting his model into Wind Waker though, assuming that the polygon count from a model of an N64 character is smaller than a GameCube model.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
wait, don’t we know about the forbidden 7 because of files found within? I feel like any render or anything for one would’ve been found too...
or do you mean one of the forbidden 7, but in melee? because some like toon zelda and toon sheik wouldn’t make sense in a game where young link debuted
hypothetically, they scrubbed most of the data, leaving what they have in release Brawl.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Well I mean for starters they are already on the works of porting luigi's model into SM64. Not entirely sure about porting his model into Wind Waker though, assuming that the polygon count from a model of an N64 character is smaller than a GameCube model.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So maybe I won’t have to do it myself. I just didn’t think that anyone else would want it other than me.
But what if more data for the Forbidden 7 is in earlier builds of Brawl? This pile of data could have it if that's the case.
That seems.. really unlikely. They were a lot more clean about Brawl than they were Melee. They’d be sure to clear out any unneeded stuff in ports as well, imo at least.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That seems.. really unlikely. They were a lot more clean about Brawl than they were Melee. They’d be sure to clear out any unneeded stuff in ports as well, imo at least.
I'm not talking about the release build of Brawl I'm talking about the much earlier builds when they were working on those characters like when they were messing with the Diddy and Dixie tag team conspect.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I've always been fascinated by cut content, especially smash related stuff. I hope they find a really old scrapped character or something soon lol.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So let's say they find renders, models, voice clips for characters like Mach Rider or Ayumi Tachibana in Melee, do you think hackers could finish the work on them if they have the source code?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I'm not talking about the release build of Brawl I'm talking about the much earlier builds when they were working on those characters like when they were messing with the Diddy and Dixie tag team conspect.
Yeah, but I assumed the only way to get to the earlier builds were with messy ports. And like I said, my assumption is that ports got less messy as time passed.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Man i'd love to see how Dixie looked when she was a playable character.

Still annoyed she still never made it in.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
So let's say they find renders, models, voice clips for characters like Mach Rider or Ayumi Tachibana in Melee, do you think hackers could finish the work on them if they have the source code?
Unless they’re a talented video game maker, and know exactly what they’re doing, it would probably take them several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom