• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm overthinking a joke but never understood where that Giratina=Satan thing came from. If anything, it feels more similar to Hades.
Yeah, It does remind me more of Hades more with the whole deal about Giratina controlling the Distortion World similar to how Hades controlled the world of the dead.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm overthinking a joke but never understood where that Giratina=Satan thing came from. If anything, it feels more similar to Hades.
I think it's more of:

People associate Arceus as God, aka the Judeo-Christian God

So if Giratina is the negative, the one that was banished, people instantly assume Lucifer.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here, have an uncompressed Star Fox 64's Wolf saying "Can't let you do that, Star Fox." :ultwolf:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

I love how someone in Pokemon development team took a look at Togepi's evolution line and said:

"You know what this needs? EDGE!"
Yeah, I feel the beta design doesn't fit Togepi's line really well.

People complain about Togekiss's design being too simple, but I personally feel It feels the line way better than this seemingly old concept for It.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know I always forget Lumineon exists because it's design is pretty boring, but this
I would have loved this thing if it actually got into the games. I would have used it in my party even.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like getting Air Slashed to death by beta Togekiss would be infintely less saltt inducing than getting air slasjed to death by one that's perpetually smiling everytime you flinch.

D

Deleted member

I should go to bed otherwise I'll be glued to this for the entire night. But man, it's really exciting, especially the Mario 64 stuff. I wonder what other scrapped levels are there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Firstly.

DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu your pun. You should tell them your pun. It's something.

Secondly: SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

Ghost.png

If you think Ghost of Tsushima is so serious, then how can I can do pics like that? He's just a big kid on a swinging rope.

I keep wondering, if Nintendo wasn't being so scarce with news, would these leaks even be happening?

Like, are people leaking info and source code from old games because they're fed up with Nintendo's silence?

A part of me can see that a few are acting it to give Nintendo a countdown to basically get some first party news or they leak it. Getting to the heart you can say.

And with how hungry some fans can be, I'm surprised something like that hasn't happened yet. I mean people have tried hacking into government agencies just to try and find existence of aliens because they were tired of waiting.

Also, people found the source Code of Diamond and Pearl too. Many beta Pokémon designs are coming out.

However I won't post them all because there are too many screenshots and I feel mercy for mobile users.

I will just share two: one of my favourite Pokémon (Darkrai) and Garchomp:
View attachment 280156
He's looks more like a rejected Ben 10 Alien than Darkrai.

Ghostman!

And with that I fully bow out for the night. An hour later than intended because of friends and interesting new stuff to hear.

Speak to you guys tomorrow.

1595731831713.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

God, the "Mario 64 Personalized"/Wario Apparition crowd is starting to annoy me. It's unfunny 14 year olds regurgitating the same thing, like what they did back when Jeff the Killer or Sonic.exe was popular. Please stop, you're giving me a headache.

Also, someone created this over on ResetEra.

Magmortar looks like his Gen 6 model, lol. Rampardos looks rad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel like getting Air Slashed to death by beta Togekiss would be infintely less saltt inducing than getting air slasjed to death by one that's perpetually smiling everytime you flinch.
Would it have even been called Togekiss? Because as you said, this design does...not look like it's trying to be friendly like the one we got.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
God, the "Mario 64 Personalized" crowd is starting to annoy me. It's unfunny 14 year olds regurgitating the same thing, like what they did back when Jeff the Killer or Sonic.exe was popular. Please stop, you're giving me a headache.
They don't seem to be doing enough with the idea that every copy of Mario 64 could be personalized. It should definitely mean more than the occasional copy having the Wario Apparition. But don't worry, you won't be seeing much of it for much longer thanks to today's meme climate of pumping and dumping.

Shroob

Sup?
God, the "Mario 64 Personalized" crowd is starting to annoy me. It's unfunny 14 year olds regurgitating the same thing, like what they did back when Jeff the Killer or Sonic.exe was popular. Please stop, you're giving me a headache.

Also, someone created this over on ResetEra.

Magmortar looks like his Gen 6 model, lol. Rampardos looks rad.
........Holy god that Regigigas is the funniest **** I've seen all week.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Whoa, Beta Abomasnow looks awesome! How the hell did that get scrapped over the dumpster design it has now? Come on.

Edit: actually, eh... it's better, but not really that great. Never mind.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They don't seem to be doing enough with the idea that every copy of Mario 64 could be personalized. It should definitely mean more than the occasional copy having the Wario Apparition. But don't worry, you won't be seeing much of it for much longer thanks to today's meme climate of pumping and dumping.
There has at least been some stuff regarding the Castle Plexus, 4th floor, Bowser room and floor, alternate castle, cake room, Luigi, and maybe a few other things.

D

Deleted member

Well, 5am, I really should go to bed. Who knows what will be found by the time I wake up.

Shroob

Sup?
There has at least been some stuff regarding the Castle Plexus, 4th floor, Bowser room and floor, alternate castle, cake room, Luigi, and maybe a few other things.
I'm pretty sure the Bowser Room was made up by a fan.

In fact, I'm pretty sure if you give me like 15 minutes I can find the video in my YouTube history where a YouTuber talks about the iceberg and admits to making the Bowser Room.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure the Bowser Room was made up by a fan.

In fact, I'm pretty sure if you give me like 15 minutes I can find the video in my YouTube history where a YouTuber talks about the iceberg and admits to making the Bowser Room.
Yeah I recall this was fanmade + there was fanmade music, though I felt this was all fanmade anyway based on the original joke conspiracy besides maybe the castle plexus, apparently the cake room(?), and Luigi.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I feel like the idea of "Every copy of Super Mario 64 is personalized" could have been neat.

But the internet being the internet decided to hyper-focus on the most unbelievable part of it, the Wario apparition, which knocked the wind out of its sails for me.

The idea of a game that slightly modifies itself to better suit the person playing it? That's ****ing radical.

HUMANITY'S SUBCONCIOUS DESIRE MANIFESTED AS A SEIZURE INDUCING GHOST? Is ****ing stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom