• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I used to be big into the SM64 1995 beta until the beta kiddies obsessed over it. The "Wario Apparition" is beyond stupid. Like I said, it's the new Sonic.exe.

D

Deleted member

Skelux is on the case. Reminds me of when Spaceworld 97 was first leakef.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly, I feel like the idea of "Every copy of Super Mario 64 is personalized" could have been neat.

But the internet being the internet decided to hyper-focus on the most unbelievable part of it, the Wario apparition, which knocked the wind out of its sails for me.

The idea of a game that slightly modifies itself to better suit the person playing it? That's ****ing radical.

HUMANITY'S SUBCONCIOUS DESIRE MANIFESTED AS A SEIZURE INDUCING GHOST? Is ****ing stupid.
Personally I still like the Wario Apparition stuff, I don’t really mind overused memes and even still find some to be funny, though it would be cool if there was more stuff like this:
https://youtu.be/WxsNKxS6ZiI

and what a few other channels have done.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I feel like the idea of "Every copy of Super Mario 64 is personalized" could have been neat.

But the internet being the internet decided to hyper-focus on the most unbelievable part of it, the Wario apparition, which knocked the wind out of its sails for me.

The idea of a game that slightly modifies itself to better suit the person playing it? That's ****ing radical.

HUMANITY'S SUBCONCIOUS DESIRE MANIFESTED AS A SEIZURE INDUCING GHOST? Is ****ing stupid.
I know creepypastas are almost never taken seriously anymore, but damn did the Wario Apparation just shoot any creepiness that it may have had.

It's actually kinda funny tbh. Imagine some B-Movie horror film where a kid has to avoid a floating Wario head after accidentaly encountering him in Mario 64.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I know creepypastas are almost never taken seriously anymore, but damn did the Wario Apparation just shoot any creepiness that it may have had.

It's actually kinda funny tbh. Imagine some B-Movie horror film where a kid has to avoid a floating Wario head after accidentaly encountering him in Mario 64.
I'm more upset that Video Game creepypasta stopped being a thing (I think they got banned on the wiki) because even though they aren't the best medium for creepypasta stories, it does make for prime ROM hack and mod material

Shroob

Sup?
Personally I still like the Wario Apparition stuff, I don’t really mind overused memes and even still find some to be funny, though it would be cool if there was more stuff like this:
https://youtu.be/WxsNKxS6ZiI

and what a few other channels have done.

The problem it has is

It takes a legit interesting idea and says,

"HAHA, GHOSTS!"

I can believe, as silly as it is, of a game slightly adjusting itself based on who's playing it, and hell, I imagine most people here will live to see a day where that's a reality.

I just.... can't buy a "Subconscious-created ghost of Wario that induces seizures".

I mean, look at what happened to Slenderman. He used to be actually kinda freaky.... until he got beaten into the ground, now he's a joke.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The problem it has is

It takes a legit interesting idea and says,

"HAHA, GHOSTS!"

I can believe, as silly as it is, of a game slightly adjusting itself based on who's playing it, and hell, I imagine most people here will live to see a day where that's a reality.

I just.... can't buy a "Subconscious-created ghost of Wario that induces seizures".

I mean, look at what happened to Slenderman. He used to be actually kinda freaky.... until he got beaten into the ground, now he's a joke.
Oh yeah I can agree with that.

Apparently the dude who made the original conspiracy added in the Wario thing, though I guess it was still on the “believable” side since it was caused by the personalization AI. Now it’s a funny meme instead of anything creepy, although I guess what Greenio did with it in his videos kinda made it feel creepy.

edit: although I guess Greenio’s SM64 Beta videos are basically ghost things, so eh, idk.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I mean, I still think Slenderman's freaky. The original games and Arrival are still solid Indie horrors, Marble Hornets was popular for a reason, and the whole concept on paper is still damn creepy.

It's just that he's become such a overused household name in horror and the 'net that it's hard to take him seriously anymore, even putting aside the controversies surrounding the character.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I still think Slenderman's freaky. The original games and Arrival are still solid Indie horrors, Marble Hornets was popular for a reason, and the whole concept on paper is still damn creepy.

It's just that he's become such a overused household name in horror and the 'net that it's hard to take him seriously anymore, even putting aside the controversies surrounding the character.
At least The Rake never got too big for its own britches.

My one solace is I still have a monster I can fall back to and say, "See, scary!"

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At least The Rake never got too big for its own britches.

My one solace is I still have a monster I can fall back to and say, "See, scary!"
The Rake has a level of fame in-between creepypasta monsters that were all but unheard of and ones that were straight up famous like Slenderman.

Hasn't gotten overexposed in media and fiction unlike him. Siren Head's probably gonna meet the same fate as Slenderman at this rate, and Cartoon Cat might follow depending on how much exposure he gets.

If you give me ideas like this, you better expect me to make good on them you know!

View attachment 280167
"Casual humming"

It is good day to be not dead!

>Sees this meme

I am dead.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Torterra and Darkrai dodged a bullet with the redesigns, the beta sprites were not kind to either of them.

On the other hand, Rampardos was better in the beta, so you can't win them all.

The whole parallel to Arceus and the Distprtion World iirc. Also, i think Giratina is the grand destroyer
Which is ironic since if it wasn't for Giratina Cyrus would've won in Platinum, while Arceus was sitting right above him and did nothing.

Shroob

Sup?
Torterra and Darkrai dodged a bullet with the redesigns, the beta sprites were not kind to either of them.

On the other hand, Rampardos was better in the beta, so you can't win them all.

Which is ironic since if it wasn't for Giratina Cyrus would've won in Platinum, while Arceus was sitting right above him and did nothing.
I mean, he's a god, that's pretty on-point for most gods tbh.

"Let the mortals sort it out themselves."

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Slenderman Arrival wasn't scary for me until I got to the mineshaft and had to deal with Ms. Asswipe herself.

Edit: I've basically mastered the ability to pause this thread in place.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Can someone teach me how to express an opinion in a way that people notice and acknowledge it and if can potentially make a change without making people hate me?
You're going to need to travel to a Buddhist monastery at the top of an isolated mountain to consult an enlightened sage to figure that one out, because no one knows how to otherwise.

D

Deleted member

Express your opinion as an opinion and not a fact. That's where you struggle the most.
That's easier said than done. You might do that without realizing while in the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Now I'm curious what a BW leak would show us. We already know there's a number of beta designs for Pokemon like Escavalier, Throh, Thunderus, and the Lord Hydreigon line based on developer interviews, so I'm wondering if they made it far enough to have beta sprites floating around somewhere as well.

I mean, he's a god, that's pretty on-point for most gods tbh.

"Let the mortals sort it out themselves."
True, but if you're getting outdone in good deeds by 'Satan', then how much of a well meaning 'God' are you?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Can someone teach me how to express an opinion in a way that people notice and acknowledge it and if can potentially make a change without making people hate me?
One tip is to come to terms with the fact that no amount of hatred on your part for a game mechanic or current trend will suddenly change people’s feelings about. Once you let go of trying to make an opinion popular by force, it becomes more natural to just express it in a casual, conversational manner.

D

Deleted member

One tip is to come to terms with the fact that no amount of hatred on your part for a game mechanic or current trend will suddenly change people’s feelings about. Once you let go of trying to make an opinion popular by force, it becomes more natural to just express it in a casual, conversational manner.
Honestly this. You can't please everyone. Even the most popular of opinions will receive controversy, unfortunately.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I do that to try to change things. If I’m not a gadfly about it then my opinions (and the opinions of those who agree with me, statistically they have to exist) continue to go unacknowledged and things just get worse for us. If you don’t disrupt the dominant narrative then you will be dominated.

D

Deleted member

I do that to try to change things. If I’m not a gadfly about it then my opinions (and the opinions of those who agree with me, statistically they have to exist) continue to go unacknowledged and things just get worse for us. If you don’t disrupt the dominant narrative then you will be dominated.
That's the way it goes. Mob mentality is awful.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
July 2019...had

• Spider-Man: Far From Home
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
perfect times

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
6C0C0E86-7B4A-4EE4-A449-850D2A69B96F.jpeg

Strange things from Japan

Yes, this is a squirt gun in the shape of a baby. If you push the hand, the water comes from it’s...

This was found at a dollar (100 yen) store called Daiso in the toy section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom