• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What does that mean? That Luigi was intended to be in Mario 64? Or just the Chinese version?
Miyamoto said many years ago in an Iwata Asks interview that at one point there was a build of Mario 64 with multiplayer just featuring Mario and Luigi running around.

When multiplayer got scrapped so did Luigi.

It is quite likely that the Luigi model comes from that lost build.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Miyamoto said many years ago in an Iwata Asks interview that at one point there was a build of Mario 64 with multiplayer just featuring Mario and Luigi running around.

When multiplayer got scrapped so did Luigi.

It is quite likely that the Luigi model comes from that lost build.
So it was intended.
Does that mean if all the files for the intended stuff were found, you could mod it back in? Or at least make Luigi playable?

D

Deleted member

So it was intended.
Does that mean if all the files for the intended stuff were found, you could mod it back in? Or at least make Luigi playable?
If you have the skills yes.

You could mod the model and the soundfiles all in and make Luigi playable.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D

Deleted member

Seemingly the first 3D model of Link ever made using the Super FX Chip for the SNES:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

If any more audio stuff is shown, could y’all tag me?
Will make sure of doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've said it twice already.

Someone must be pulling their hair out at Nintendo from this leaking. They must be thankful for now it's old stuff though.

D

Deleted member

All of this is incredible.

At the Discord servers I am getting all this information from there are legit talks about the possibility of finding even stuff involving Earthbound 64 at this pace.

Truly a very wonderful day for videogame preservation.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I wonder why this is all happening right now. Is it all leaks from this same company who ports to china? or is it all just.. coincidence?

D

Deleted member

Yesterday was SNES, today was N64, if the pattern holds we might get DS stuff on Monday.
The people from the servers I'm getting the information from speculate that after N64 we could enter into Gamecube builds.

If that happens I honestly hope hackers manage to recover the lost Fire Emblem stage scrapped from Melee.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
All of this is incredible.

At the Discord servers I am getting all this information from there are legit talks about the possibility of finding even stuff involving Earthbound 64 at this pace.

Truly a very wonderful day for videogame preservation.
Well you know what they say about chickens and hatching dude.

Maybe it's from my flashbacks to the OSTs on YouTube taken down but it does make me worried about how Nintendo will react. Poking a bear kind of thing.

They don't like this kind of stuff. They will crackdown and give the corporate smile.

D

Deleted member

A seemingly very interesting discovery involving Luigi's soundfiles from Mario 64:

If true, this would make It easier for modders to reincorporate Luigi back into Mario 64.

Edit: forgot to tag Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The people from the servers I'm getting the information from speculate that after N64 we could enter into Gamecube builds.

If that happens I honestly hope hackers manage to recover the lost Fire Emblem stage scrapped from Melee.
We've already established the development of Melee was a mess, right? What if there's just a half finished character lying around.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Seemingly the first 3D model of Link ever made using the Super FX Chip for the SNES:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Will make sure of doing so.
This is like looking into a alternate dimension. I can't believe this stuff has been getting leaked and dumped. As a N64 fan boy this all brings me to tears.

D

Deleted member

We've already established the development of Melee was a mess, right? What if there's just a half finished character lying around.
It's plausible.

Maybe the hackers could even find files regarding Wario (as Sakurai said Wario almost made It in).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently OoT was going to have Dark, Wind, and Soul arrows:
A seemingly very interesting discovery involving Luigi's soundfiles from Mario 64:

If true, this would make It easier for modders to reincorporate Luigi back into Mario 64.
Ah, so they were indeed part of the leak. Awesome :)

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
But imagine it was a character who isn’t in Smash currently.
The community would absolutely explode.

D

Deleted member

It happened

IMG_20200725_203733-1.jpg

One of the hackers finally added Luigi's model with all the right textures.

When the model becomes public modders will likely add the sound files in and Luigi in Mario 64 Will finally be for everyone.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Watch when they dig into the Gamecube stuff and find beta files for Melee and discover a Mach Rider or Ayumi Tachibana character select screen render and voice clips. :awesome:

Man, I can't wait for possibly this and Earthbound 64 and Ura Zelda getting dumped.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Watch when they dig into the Gamecube stuff and find beta files for Melee and discover a Mach Rider or Ayumi Tachibana character select screen render and voice clips. :awesome:

Man, I can't wait for possibly this and Earthbound 64 and Ura Zelda getting dumped.
Like I said. If a character from Melee was planned and actually had some form of content but later removed, and they aren’t in Smash Ultimate, then the freak out will be huge. Especially for fans of the series.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Unless the audio used is archived or a placeholder, I kinda doubt it honestly. Voice over is typically one of the last things done. It’s still be neat to see though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But seriously, these leaks better include Dragon King: The Fighting Game

I'm DYING to see what Smash looked like before it was Nintendo branded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom