• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Twitter is perpetually mad, I don't think what you say matters that much.
You could say anything on Twitter and it will get misinterpreted and then be mobbed by stans of any variety and/or get cancelled. Periodt, or something. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

And I thought expressing my unpopular opinions here was trouble.

I made Twitter maaaaaaad
I mean.... your opinion you expressed earlier didn't really seem like something a sane person would say, especially when it regards a topic that is very opinated and not logic based(more like modern tribalism) I woulda been more surprised if twitter users actually agreed with you.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Twitter is perpetually mad, I don't think what you say matters that much.
Yeah. Probably not a good idea to comment on one if Rare’s tweets about Everwild then...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean.... your opinion you expressed earlier didn't really seem like something a sane person would say, especially when it regards a topic that is very opinated and not logic based(more like modern tribalism) I woulda been more surprised if twitter users actually agreed with you.
I don’t know. It’s what experience has told me is true. Every time I get into something I find out that not only does everyone else hate it, but exactly what I like about it is what everyone else hates about it. It’s gotten to the point where, unlike everyone else in the community, I can’t depend on getting new games to play every year.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don’t know. It’s what experience has told me is true. Every time I get into something I find out that not only does everyone else hate it, but exactly what I like about it is what everyone else hates about it. It’s gotten to the point where, unlike everyone else in the community, I can’t depend on getting new games to play every year.
People don’t hate your opinions, they just don’t like how narrow-minded, hypocritical, and biased you can be.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
When I used to use Twitter, I often felt like everybody was jumping at the chance to cut someone’s throat once they said something stupid. It just comes off to me as a very aggressive site where people go to be angry at somebody or something. It has a different feel to it than other social media sites, which tend to have the illusion of a friendly community but can be pretty unpleasant, meanwhile Twitter is like hate for the eye.

It’s like there was no statement or person out there that someone couldn’t dedicate a day to attacking.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Probably not a good idea to comment on one if Rare’s tweets about Everwild then...

I see the problem now. Snake... It's fine to say you don't like a game or the direction a company is going. But the way you worded that tweet just screams "I will get EXACTLY what I want from all games and I will murder any game that I dislike in any way." There's a pretty big difference there.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Discord conversations got me to make my own Xenoblade character tier list.

What do you think?

And yes, I know I need to finish Torna and Future Connected.
I would rise Riki's kids to "like" as well as Egil, and the Torna party to the "Love" tier with Lora being in the "Personal Favorites" tier.
Otherwise I mostly agree with this list.
I’m sure it’s if objectively high quality. I’m sure it’s very well made. But it’s still a dime a dozen open world soulsborne game.

Once people stop treating linearity like a dirty word and realize that some people just don’t like open worlds and “hey, if that’s true, maybe every game shouldn’t have one”, then I will stop

How does GoT stand out? It’s like every other game that comes out. Open world. Slow combat. Overly serious. There have been games that let you be a Samurai before. In this genre even. Look at Nioh or Sekiro. And they didn’t require the people who used to make Sly Cooper and inFamous to spend their resources on them when they could have been doing something more unique instead.

Same with Naughty Dog. It’s great... ish.... that they’re still doing Uncharted... maybe... but The Last of Us is not what I expect from the people who created Nathan Drake, Jak and Daxter, and Crash Bandicoot. It’s just sad.

How did you get my yearbook photo?
Have you gotten to play either Sonic Mania or Freedom Planet yet?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So how I'm feeling right now.

The good: About to make a 1,200 calorie meal. Classic chicken, chips and curry sauce. Also did an amazing side quest in Ghost of Tsushima and sort of figured out a race in my story.

The bad: Just once I want, for one week to be able to work on my story without any sound annoyances. It's always one of these four.

My brother's talking/singing.
Neighbour's Shih Tzus barking or playing music.
Kids randomly screaming for fun. Welcome to my neighbourhood.

You know, I'm still annoyed about your argument earlier but after seeing some of dickish comments, mainly the very sweary and rude stuff, I feel sorry.

By the way, I'm not siding with her. My point is that you are way, way better to voice it here than there cause they will tear you apart.

I'm being sympathetic because of the comments, not the topic. I still disagree with her.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just had a great FT10 with an Ike player named gorrick.

The odds of you actually using this site are probably pretty slim but GGs if you do happen to browse this place lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would rise Riki's kids to "like" as well as Egil, and the Torna party to the "Love" tier with Lora being in the "Personal Favorites" tier.
Otherwise I mostly agree with this list.

Have you gotten to play either Sonic Mania or Freedom Planet yet?
I played Sonic Mania. I didn’t really like it though. Mania’s got nothing on Sonic Generations’s 2D controls.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Said something on Twitter that made other people on Twitter mad?

In other shocking news, the sky is blue, grass is green, and Spongebob lives in pineapple under the sea.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Snake, full offense but your self-pitying feels like crocodile tears when you have zero problem with calling game developers "pretentious snobs" just because they don't exclusively pander to you.

It doesn't feel genuine when you complain about your tastes being unpopular and then try and speak for a whole fanbase.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, full offense but your self-pitying feels like crocodile tears when you have zero problem with calling game developers "pretentious snobs" just because they don't exclusively pander to you.

It doesn't feel genuine when you complain about your tastes being unpopular and then try and speak for a whole fanbase.
That’s not why I used that phrase. You know what “artists” are like. People who make art films, art games, art comics, art songs. Stuff where the primary purpose isn’t to entertain or tell a story but to have “meaning”.

In both real life and in every tv show I’ve ever seen, they tend to be arrogant and belittling of anything that they deem as “meaningless”. Rare is not like that. But a game like Everwild is evidence to the contrary.

D

Deleted member

All I have to say on the subject is that I find It dumb to complain about a lack of platformers in the industry when one of the most celebrated reveals from the Xbox conference online alongside Halo Infinite and DQXI S was the Square Enix platformer by Yuji Naka.

I already have a good chunk of Discord friends hyped for It and wanting to buy It at launch.

I get dissapointment about a saturation of shooters in the market, but trying to speak for everyone by claiming platformers are dead is just wrong.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That’s not why I used that phrase. You know what “artists” are like. People who make art films, art games, art comics, art songs. Stuff where the primary purpose isn’t to entertain or tell a story but to have “meaning”.

In both real life and in every tv show I’ve ever seen, they tend to be arrogant and belittling of anything that they deem as “meaningless”. Rare is not like that. But a game like Everwild is evidence to the contrary.
You shouldn’t be grouping every artist together with arrogant ones. Plenty of the nicest people I know are artists and content creators. And even then, TV shows aren’t something you should take as the truth.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I played Sonic Mania. I didn’t really like it though. Mania’s got nothing on Sonic Generations’s 2D controls.
As fun as it is to rocket over entire sections of a level with a spin dash, Mania’s controls and physics felt more satisfying and has a lot of flow. Now if you said you preferred FORCES Classic controls then I’d be genuinely concerned

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tomorrow, I'm finally back home.

See ya all there, Monado and not-Monado folks!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Classic Sonic in Generations feels like he's made out of lead though, TF are you talking about?
In Sonic Generations I never had to get to the point where I was running back and forth across the entire map desperately trying to build up enough momentum to just ****ing progress in the level. Plus Sonic generations gives you super armor if you build up enough momentum so your super happy fun time isn’t interrupted by a random enemy you didn’t have time to react to because your so ****ing fast.

I suppose that’s just my preference though.
As fun as it is to rocket over entire sections of a level with a spin dash, Mania’s controls and physics felt more satisfying and has a lot of flow. Now if you said you preferred FORCES Classic controls then I’d be genuinely concerned
See above. I guess I just couldn’t get the hang of them. But I always felt way too fragile to be able to maintain the speeds the game asks of you.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what a spindash is, right?
Yeah. Tried it. Never worked. Never gave me enough speed to get all the way up some of these walls.

You shouldn’t be grouping every artist together with arrogant ones. Plenty of the nicest people I know are artists and content creators. And even then, TV shows aren’t something you should take as the truth.
I’m not talking about artists. I’m talking about “artists”.

D

Deleted member

Sorry if this comes out as too conspiranoic, but sometimes I do feel whenever there is a big topic related to videogames on the thread people don't take my stances on It as seriously as the takes Of anybody else.

Maybe It isn't that and It is just people not liking to see me invested in big topics of the thread, but idk.

The lack of likes or even replies whenever I post something involving the topic makes me feel as if people found the post either not good, skippable or mediocre.

Just wanted to take those thoughts out, no bad will against anyone here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
im playing atelier ryza and decided to play the island episode dlc

and mother of GOD that fish boss is ****ing H A R D

Rizen

Smash Legend
What's the verdict on Paper Mario and the Origami King? I'm on the fence about getting it. I like the open world but don't care for the battle system or thing bosses.

D

Deleted member

What's the verdict on Paper Mario and the Origami King? I'm on the fence about getting it. I like the open world but don't care for the battle system or thing bosses.
Haven't played It, but from what I've been hearing from Discord Friends and other people are that the strongest points are found in the boss fights and the story.

Also that enemy fights slowly get more difficult after the tutorial beginning or something like that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah. Tried it. Never worked. Never gave me enough speed to get all the way up some of these walls.
Could you give me some examples or something? I haven’t seen you play so I don’t know exactly what you might be doing wrong. My guess is that you might be trying to play this game the same way you’re playing the 2D Generations sections which aren’t the same.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I Started a discord group with a couple of my best friends/sisters, I think it's going well : ")
Screenshot (2460).png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The overall verdict is that it's actually pretty good. There's more than just the Legions of Stationary as bosses if you're worried about that, and the bosses themselves are some of the most fun in the series. The enemy battles can get a bit tiresome at points, but I wouldn't call them bad by any means. I'd say give it a shot.

Source: I beat the game

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You’re being way too vague.

Sorry if this comes out as too conspiranoic, but sometimes I do feel whenever there is a big topic related to videogames on the thread people don't take my stances on It as seriously as the takes Of anybody else.

Maybe It isn't that and It is just people not liking to see me invested in big topics of the thread, but idk.

The lack of likes or even replies whenever I post something involving the topic makes me feel as if people found the post either not good, skippable or mediocre.

Just wanted to take those thoughts out, no bad will against anyone here.
I doubt anybody doesn’t take you seriously. Likely just paranoia.

D

Deleted member

Wdym? You can't just use a catch all term to refer to a small group of people. That's like saying "Plumbers are cool because they fight evil!" when you really just mean Mario&Luigi

D

Deleted member

I mean, plumbers are heroes. They willingly do the **** that nobody else wants to do.
Fair tbh. Felt it was an example that explained itself
I Started a discord group with a couple of my best friends/sisters, I think it's going well : ")
Reminds me of the school Discord i setup one day on a whim with some school friends. It wasn't long until my sister literally just made another one and funneled everyone there, killing the server I had made. Jokes on them though because I literally didnt care at all lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom