• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Could you give me some examples or something? I haven’t seen you play so I don’t know exactly what you might be doing wrong. My guess is that you might be trying to play this game the same way you’re playing the 2D Generations sections which aren’t the same.
I specifically remember this one wall in Titanic Monarch Zone. I looked all around for a different path, couldn’t find anything. They wanted me to spin dash up this one specific wall. But it didn’t work. The spin dash didn’t give me enough power to get all the way up and I was basically stuck. I don’t even remember how I got passed it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

What version of the character is that?
Sakura Amamiya, one of the main characters of the PS4 game.

She is someone who aspires to be a heroine at the level of the Sakura from the old titles after an experience where her life was saved by her.

Seeing her pulling through the plot even against all the odds your team has to face up is quite motivational, and does in fact remind me of me in some aspects.

Quite a cool character.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sakura Amamiya, one of the main characters of the PS4 game.

She is someone who aspires to be a heroine at the level of the Sakura from the old titles after an experience where her life was saved by her.

Seeing her pulling through the plot even against all the odds your team has to face up is quite motivational, and does in fact remind me of me in some aspects.

Quite a cool character.
So it’s not the same Sakura as this one then?
5F40F1B9-99C1-48EC-A89B-D6B07C6130DA.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just finished reading both of the Sonic and Mega Man crossover comics. Boy, what a ride! Really hope that IDW gets ahold of Mega Man’s rights so this can happen again! They should make them into games.

About the additional crossovers in the third act of Worlds Unite though. The SEGA side is pretty good. I don’t think anything is really missing their except arguably Yakuza, but this was back in 2015 and I don’t know if the series was as big back then. Same with no Persona. SEGA has JUST bought them back then and there was probably a lot of red tape and paperwork.

The Capcom side though has two big glaring omissions. No Resident Evil and no Devil May Cry. I realize the series seam a bit mature, but we spent maybe a page in each of the other games universes before going back to the main battle. And there are plenty of tame looking monsters to feature for a single panel. Heck, Dante’s could just be them walking up to his desk and slamming down a blank check. Plus one of the Skues of Arcadia characters was rocking twin pistols. I know UDON gave them special authorization to use Street Fighter characters, so maybe it was a rights thing? But no other comic company has the rights to them in the US as far as I can tell.

Also. It’s a SEGA and Capcom crossover and you didn’t Use this as an opportunity to feature Dante and Bayonetta together? Huge missed opportunity.

But aside from that, 10/10. Highly recommend. Worlds Collide even has part of the villains plot involves temporarily resetting the comic universes to basically match up with the current timeline of the games so it’s perfect for newcomers. Worlds Unite leans a bit more on the expanded supporting cast from the Sonic Archie comics, but you can figure out who’s who and who does what pretty easily and quickly.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Huh, interesting.
Her character arc revolves around the inferiority complex of having to live up to how big of a hero the first Sakura was when she was around since she took her place after the original team were wiped out after game 5.

It takes her childhood friend punching her in the face to make her realize that while they might name and ranger color that doesn't mean their the same person and she has to find her own way of doing things.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently Super Mario 64’s SpaceWorld beta/demo has leaked and I NEED ITTTTT so please PM me the goods if anyone has them, thank you.

edit: apparently it may just be the source code and so I may just have to wait until The Preservation Project or someone compiles it. I don’t know how to do this stuff even if the files would be cool to look at myself.

Luigi is also in the files. L is Real 2020.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apparently Super Mario 64’s SpaceWorld beta/demo has leaked and I NEED ITTTTT so please PM me the goods if anyone has them, thank you.
Currently in a Discord server being informed about It.

Apparently we are about to find the Luigi 3D model from the old build Miyamoto brought Up years ago.

Quite an important deal.

D

Deleted member

edit: apparently it may just be the source code and so I may just have to wait until The Preservation Project or someone compiles it. I don’t know how to do this stuff even if the files would be cool to look at myself.

Luigi is also in the files. L is Real 2020.
It'll be awhile I imagine. Compiling a completed game is one thing, but a beta build of a game nearly 30 years old and with numerious outdated libraries and coding? no small task.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Anyone else experiencing some very severe thunderstorms right now? On my side, they've been getting louder by the second.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I go to play Ghost of Tsushima for a few hours and honestly, the game keeps getting better and better. Still losing to The Outer Worlds for my personal game of the year so far. That games writing is really something else.

So I go to write for my story, got one small idea. Trying to go back to my main part of it but I can't work. I'm so sick of having to spend about two thirds of my day, each day on headphones but I can't because of those annoyances with noise. Sucks have sensory issues.

On the bright side, the chicken, chips (fries) and curry I had was pretty good for a meal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The head has been restored:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now we wait for the rest of the body.

Dutch Raikuna

The head has been restored:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now we wait for the rest of the body.
In a few days..

Nintendo's Lawyers! Cease and Desist!

Then the corporate PR smile and statement.

1595718915936.png

Doubt with how old it is though. Also damn that was fast to reserve engineer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seemingly full model assembled together:

unknown-1.png

The only thing seemingly missing now are the textures.

image0-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Just realized that the day I find out if I enter college (July 30th) is also the day Transformers Siege starts streaming on Netflix.

May be a really exciting day if all goes planned.
Hope you get in! :)

Wait....people get mad on Twitter?

Just finished finals. Ahhhh now I can have a break until fall semester starts. And waiting for whether I get the jobs or not too

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There have been textures and Luigi stuff shared as well as OoT beta rooms and whatever.

I am very hyped for the eventual demo footage and ROMs.

Of course it could just be leftover assets and not the full original beta/demo source code, but I can hope.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Wow, experiencing one of those nights I guess.

This is like finding the Titanic.

OK, so I had a good look into how big this is. This is like discovering the Machu Pichu again. Finding the Titanic is eh, maybe just I've from where they built it.

There have been textures and Luigi stuff shared as well as OoT beta rooms and whatever.

I am very hyped for the eventual demo footage and ROMs.
Damn that is fast.

Someone must be screaming at Nintendo right now despite this being old.

D

Deleted member

Hey. I'm pretty out of the loop at the moment, how did all this talk about old Mario 64 models come about? Sounds interesting.
Source Code leaks of many N64 games through a Chinese Nintendo provider from the 2000s called Iqu-something.

Many games have leaked, with all kinds of Codes of all the development periods of many N64 and SNES games such as Mario 64 or Mario RPG.

The Luigi model likely comes from the multiplayer beta build of Mario 64 Miyamoto brought Up in an Iwata Asks years ago.

Dutch Raikuna

From source Code leaks coming from Iqu-something (a company which imported Nintendo games to China in the early 2000s).
I-Que.

1595721532799.png

Meaning this weird contraption that looks better to hold than the N64 controller itself. The company was Nintendo's old partner before Tencent to break into China.

I'm a walking gaming encyclopedia. Look at stuff like is fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom