• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lol, quite ironic that a final Boss theme would sound so hopeful and have a title fitting for myself as of now
Well, summer holidays have finally arrived to Gran Canaria and people all around are excited to relax a bit from all the events of 2020 with Covid having finally left for a while the island.
As of me... These past months have been quite stressful due to all the stuff which transpired.
Had to help a lot of friends around Discord with their personal fears and concerns about the future, prevented like two suicides and of course had to deal with the whole Sabi fiasco in the background to make sure I didn't spill out too much about him too soon so he didn't go for the ones I admired.

But now, I find myself at a very special point of my life... with the big rock of my back which uses to be my past finally gone, and with anyone capable to ruining what I have achieved these past three years being put under justice... It is my time to finally learn to love myself for the person who I am today, and stop fearing who I used to be.

It goes without saying, I owe It to all my IRL, Smashboards and Discord friends that I have been able to get where I am today. Finally free from many fears, only a few little details to improve and a whole summer to take the right amount of time to learn to love myself... It is time to do myself a favour and go on a personal quest with my IRL friends to appreciate me more.

Thank you all so much, and before rounding things up I want to ask some of my dear Smashboards friends for some favours:

> Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! And @Taylor F , keep me up to date with all the YouTube videos you make through this summer. If possible feel free to PM me each one both upload through Discord, as I will without a doubt check all. Keep pushing forward for your dreams, as I'm positive sooner or later you will be the Big budget voice actors you aspire to be.

> @osby keep inspiring this whole thread as you inspired me to become a greater person. You have a soul my family has lacked during the 18 years I have lived, and you should feel deeply proud for It. I also promise that this summer I'm gonna finally play Persona 5 Royal.

> Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Wademan94 Wademan94 DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu @Rangez and @MilkCalf , keep using the server we made at Discord and tag me for anything involving Metroid, Dragon Quest, the Fantastic Four, Godzilla, SEGA in general or Transformers you hear about. I will check all the tags when I return.

> AndreaAC AndreaAC and Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , I ask both of you to keep tagging me for all the stuff involving your art. Looking forward to everything else you have preparing, and I'm deeply positive It won't dissapoint.

> @Cutie Gwen and @Noipoi . Both just keep being awesome and cool people as ya'll have been since we met.

> Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku keep the support for Steve up and as I said to Osby keep being the inspiring person you are.

> @Dyllybirdy keep being the great friend who you are and tag me for anything you may feel I will like to see at your server.

> And while I don't have more favours to ask I also want to tag TheMightyP TheMightyP @Lamperouge @Teeb147 and @Shroob to thank them for the support they gave me days ago. Without that support I would still be stuck in the past.

Don't take this as a long goodbye, as ya'll see September will come sooner than you may expect.

And with that said... Happy holidays to all of you and thanks for all support. I'll be around here for two hours if you want to send me any last thing, and after that...

View attachment 277845
It will be time
Take care my dude and enjoy summer.

x'D I totally see where you are coming from. For many, seeing something cute with him in it instead of his typical murderous killing is off putting. I got used to both already as I have worked with both concepts. My current avatar is proof of that.
I'm now imagining Ridley wearing a beret and painting with a rainbow brush, like Adeline.

D

Deleted member

Lol, quite ironic that a final Boss theme would sound so hopeful and have a title fitting for myself as of now
Well, summer holidays have finally arrived to Gran Canaria and people all around are excited to relax a bit from all the events of 2020 with Covid having finally left for a while the island.
As of me... These past months have been quite stressful due to all the stuff which transpired.
Had to help a lot of friends around Discord with their personal fears and concerns about the future, prevented like two suicides and of course had to deal with the whole Sabi fiasco in the background to make sure I didn't spill out too much about him too soon so he didn't go for the ones I admired.

But now, I find myself at a very special point of my life... with the big rock of my back which uses to be my past finally gone, and with anyone capable to ruining what I have achieved these past three years being put under justice... It is my time to finally learn to love myself for the person who I am today, and stop fearing who I used to be.

It goes without saying, I owe It to all my IRL, Smashboards and Discord friends that I have been able to get where I am today. Finally free from many fears, only a few little details to improve and a whole summer to take the right amount of time to learn to love myself... It is time to do myself a favour and go on a personal quest with my IRL friends to appreciate me more.

Thank you all so much, and before rounding things up I want to ask some of my dear Smashboards friends for some favours:

> Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! And @Taylor F , keep me up to date with all the YouTube videos you make through this summer. If possible feel free to PM me each one both upload through Discord, as I will without a doubt check all. Keep pushing forward for your dreams, as I'm positive sooner or later you will be the Big budget voice actors you aspire to be.

> @osby keep inspiring this whole thread as you inspired me to become a greater person. You have a soul my family has lacked during the 18 years I have lived, and you should feel deeply proud for It. I also promise that this summer I'm gonna finally play Persona 5 Royal.

> Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Wademan94 Wademan94 DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu @Rangez and @MilkCalf , keep using the server we made at Discord and tag me for anything involving Metroid, Dragon Quest, the Fantastic Four, Godzilla, SEGA in general or Transformers you hear about. I will check all the tags when I return.

> AndreaAC AndreaAC and Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , I ask both of you to keep tagging me for all the stuff involving your art. Looking forward to everything else you have preparing, and I'm deeply positive It won't dissapoint.

> @Cutie Gwen and @Noipoi . Both just keep being awesome and cool people as ya'll have been since we met.

> Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku keep the support for Steve up and as I said to Osby keep being the inspiring person you are.

> @Dyllybirdy keep being the great friend who you are and tag me for anything you may feel I will like to see at your server.

> And while I don't have more favours to ask I also want to tag TheMightyP TheMightyP @Lamperouge @Teeb147 and @Shroob to thank them for the support they gave me days ago. Without that support I would still be stuck in the past.

Don't take this as a long goodbye, as ya'll see September will come sooner than you may expect.

And with that said... Happy holidays to all of you and thanks for all support. I'll be around here for two hours if you want to send me any last thing, and after that...

View attachment 277845
It will be time
Glad things are looking up for you, man! Seriously! May not seem like it, but I’ve been thinking about ya a fair bit, especially recently, so I’m glad things are finally looking up. And thanks! qwq

Do you mean PM them to you via Discord? I thought you aren’t returning to Discord for a while, or am I misunderstanding something?

D

Deleted member

Glad things are looking up for you, man! Seriously! May not seem like it, but I’ve been thinking about ya a fair bit, especially recently, so I’m glad things are finally looking up. And thanks! qwq

Do you mean PM them to you via Discord? I thought you aren’t returning to Discord for a while, or am I misunderstanding something?
Yeah, I'm not going to Discord until September either.

But when I return I plan to check all the tags and PMs I've received.

To keep myself up to date when I come back.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Back from my favorite local restaurant.

There was a lot of food available today. My belly hurts a little but I'd say it was worth it. There's just something about quesadillas and authentic Mexican desserts that gets my taste buds going.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm not going to Discord until September either.

But when I return I plan to check all the tags and PMs I've received.

To keep myself up to date when I come back.
Ahh, ok, gotcha. Might as well letcha know that I’m gonna start streaming in a bit, if you’d like to hop on.

Otherwise, catch ya later, man! Hope you enjoy your break!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

View attachment 277845
It will be time
Take as long as you need, hope your morale improves come September or whenever you return

Thanks for everything, dude.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

It will be time
Good news: You'll be missing my potential venting over the next few days.

Bad news: Your going to miss my travel journal to England (and Wales) next week.

Still see you later ****lord.

However! From the moment you leave this forum, we will be turning this into a fortress until the promised day you return! I've got my calendar on you! If I see you come back prematurely I will see you with my binoculars and you'll turn around!

You will stay committed to the task and all that!

Proof I need sleep right now.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956

View attachment 277845
It will be time
Have a good break! We haven't talked much but you seem like a great person! Enjoy the freedom! Hope to see you again soon!

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

View attachment 277845
It will be time
Really gonna miss talking to you ;~;
Good luck and see you again in September.

D

Deleted member

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

View attachment 277845
It will be time
:) Take a whole lot of care, my dear friend. Espero que te la pases de maravilla, relajandote por fin con tus amigos y pasando un buen tiempo de todo a todo. Y te seguire manteniendo al tanto de cualquier cosa que podria llegar a ser de tu interes. <3 Sigue adelante, y sigue FUERTE!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

View attachment 277845
It will be time
As someone who took a break from Smashboards before, that's probably for the best. Hope it all goes well and I will make sure to tag you if I got some new art to share here.

Dutch Raikuna

Really gonna miss talking to you ;~;
Good luck and see you again in September.
At least we have each other, Wade and Rangez at least.

*sighs* The asshole thoughts in the back of my mind about this are wanting to come out but I won't let it. I'll become the very thing I don't want to become which is my brothers.

I take @JDCabrera that I'll do the watching the group chat. If anyone wants to join it while you're away (doubt) you'd be ok?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At least we have each other, Wade and Rangez at least.

*sighs* The asshole thoughts in my mind about this are wanting to come out but I won't let it. I'll become the very thing I don't want to become which is my brothers.

I take @JDCabrera that I'll do the watching the group chat. If anyone wants to join it while you're away (doubt) you'd be ok?
Yeah, I wouldn't mind new people from here joining.

D

Deleted member

I said, “Alright guys, just put your art suggestions in, they can even be memes, I’ll do whatever,” and somebody responded with “Foxy x Freddy.”

Welp, I am a man of my word.

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah, I wouldn't mind new people from here joining.
Don't worry, we'll be fine. I'll probably start an Irish Cult here while your away or something. Probably. That is a joke.

I'll be telling you feck off if you try before the date.

Two months later:

"I hear that you're a cultist now, Irepan."

"No, I'm a culchie!"

Someone get me away from the keyboard. I'm making **** jokes that only make sense to people where I'm from.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Damn, that Super Metroid cartridge looks really awesome, and I wish I had that Metroid figure pack!

A nice collection overall!
:o Oh boy, I just saw this. x'D Answering a lot of messages causes me to sometimes not notice one of many. Gamestop still showed Metroid stuff, but now instead of the 2 Metroids, the small Samus had the Varia Suit, the Phazon Suit and the Gravity Suit variations. :'3 I hope you one day are able to get them! It would go nicely with your collection! When it comes to the BIG Cartridge, they began with Super Metroid, than Super Mario World...and lastly it was something Zelda related.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 277845
It will be time
Going in a quest?

Would you say it's a... Dragon Quest (8)?

But seriously, look after yourself. Finding your self actualization and worth is quute the journey, one that I (and many others) haven't completed. Take your time, and never forget to love yourself first.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

View attachment 277845
It will be time
Take care of yourself dude. We may haven't talked that often but I always thought of you as a chill dude.

Later :kirby:

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898

View attachment 277845
It will be time
take care ol friend

Dutch Raikuna

Right I'm getting myself away from the keyboard. I've been at it all day, talking to you guys and watching George Carlin and Father Ted. I've been quoting the two non-stop the past few days.

I'll be back on in a few hours. @JDCabrera take care for now.

Wademan94 Wademan94 will talk about story when you're good.

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out a few hours ago. I was awake, they did not give me any anesthesia. Holy hell, I am in such discomfort right now.

Last edited:

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out a few hours ago. I was awake, they did not give me any anesthesia. Holy hell, I am in such discomfort right now.
You’ll get used to it

had mine out 4 years ago

D

Deleted member

The crossover I never knew I wanted until now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

View attachment 277845
It will be time
take care, my guy.

wherever you go, whatever happens to you, remember that you're the raddest ************ on earth.

godspeed.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Reminds me of the time I had all my wisdom teeth pulled out in one swoop, they put so much anesthesia on me that I can't remember anything that happened for 3 days after that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly while I would love to see a return to the traditional battle system or at least exp, I don’t really have a problem with it being totally gone.

The level professsion is definitely a fun part of the PM series, but I have the urge to fight the enemies anyway, so it doesn’t matter what the reward is. Plus I like the characters and story just as much in the PM series, which seems to be delivered on well by the Orgami King

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that. I was definitely unconscious when mine were taken out but I was still pretty anxious about it. Hope you feel better soon.

D

Deleted member

i come back and the thread poll is talking about a ddos attack

the hell did i miss

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, time for me to sleep since I have to wake up early tomorrow, see ya all guys next time & thanks alot for all the positives feedback, it mean alot!

Now
HideousImaginativeCarp-small.gif

It is time to face my destiny.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I generally like the exploration part more of RPGs than the actual battling.

Though I'd admit that I'm a bit disappointed that EXP isn't returning in Paper Mario, the game still looks fun to play and I do like the fact that the world map is 100% gone so we can go back to exploring a giant world, which hasn't been in a Paper Mario game since 2004.

Also, fun fact, every system that had Paper Mario also had Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom