• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

well there's something I guess
- Wayforward working on something for Nintendo with a franchise new to them

You have my attention, Nintendo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

well there's something I guess
The thing with Wayforward is interesting. Anyone else think it's gonna be another collaberation project like with Mario + Rabbids and Cadence of Hyrule?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The wording in the tweet makes it sound like WayForward is working on a Nintendo franchise that has already existed but not under WF's helm, though I guess it could be a completely new franchise and they just messed up their words.

If it's a pre-existing franchise, my guesses are either Wario Land or Metroid. Maybe Golden Sun or Advanced Wars or something too though I think Shantae is a metroidvania so...

edit: okay my final guess is it's Wario Land and we'll also get to play as Waluigi in a mainline game for the first time and this is a precursor to Waluigi in Smash
Waluigi head (sad)2.png

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Very random to put a WayForward reveal in a Paper Mario gameplay presentation.

But I have a feeling it'll be something awesome. Shame I won't be able to watch it live.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ok settling down now.

Guess the reason assuming these are true being noticed now is due to the monitoring and lockdown of the world right now. Plus let's remind ourselves the social distancing and lockdown is the best-case scenario right now preventing these other viruses from spreading.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There was a problem fetching the tweet
We live in a better timeline. How would Smash handle making two versions of Pikachu for Japan and the rest of the world?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
****ing damn it! Someone took over my smart watch account and I can't override it. Customer service better respond soon.

Nevermind, remembered I got it fixed earlier.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The thing with Wayforward is interesting. Anyone else think it's gonna be another collaberation project like with Mario + Rabbids and Cadence of Hyrule?
I could unironically see Wayforward doing something involving Metroid.

Iirc the last Shantae games were Metroidvanias (I need confirmation doh, as I haven't played them).

It could also just be a whole new IP.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Nobody in their right mind is expecting a Smash reveal tomorrow.
yeah it feels like regardless of whether or not we're are actually expecting a smash reveal in any gaming event, people will pull the "haha silly smash fans, expecting smash in everything, amirite fellas?" card even when no one is actually expecting smash

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
yeah it feels like regardless of whether or not we're are actually expecting a smash reveal in any gaming event, people will pull the "haha silly smash fans, expecting smash in everything, amirite fellas?" card even when no one is actually expecting smash
Yeah, exactly.

I'm getting tired of people assuming that all Smash fans are thirsty for constant updates when the truth of the matter is that a good portion of us can actually want updates on games other than Smash. Ain't no need for a "hype control" guy to tell us not to expect Smash tomorrow and that's because, well, we aren't.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The only prediction that I'm not making about this WayForward thing is something Smash related. But I wouldn't mind that.

But I would not have expected WayForward to have a relationship with Nintendo like this and that makes it very exciting.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm rooting for WayForward's project to be a new 2D Metroid given their experience with the genre.

Throw in a Shantae cameo/easter egg, too

Edit: Well **** me sideways

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, R.I.P. the odds of a WayForward developed Nintendo property...
R.I.P. my dreams of Wario Land ft. Waluigi.

This is extremely odd, a new franchise they're making or at least making a title for (it being "new" in that they haven't worked on it before maybe) and yet it's being revealed in a Nintendo presentation that's primarily about Paper Mario?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom