• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

View attachment 277831
:D There you go! The things I love THE MOST are my two Ridley Amiibos and the Giant Super Metroid Cartridge (:V COUGHTotallyNOTBecauseofRidleyBias). xD I found it HILARIOUS that the Samus figure had a "secret" item when it was OBVIOUSLY going to be the Morphball. And I do like the metallic paint that the smaller Samus has. The two Metroids are not squish unfortunately :'c But the fit perfectly onto the head of BIG Samus.

:o Oh, ok, muy bien. :3 Me alegra que se arreglaran las cosas. Aun asi, no olvides tomar precauciones si vas a salir.
Damn, that Super Metroid cartridge looks really awesome, and I wish I had that Metroid figure pack!

A nice collection overall!

D

Deleted member

Wademan94 Wademan94 curious, but have you played Partners In Time in the past and how did you find It?

It was my first Mario RPG so I am kinda biased for It, although back in the day I got stuck at one part where Mario & Luigi got kidnapped by a machine and you had to fight two mind-controlled Hammer Brothers as their baby-selfs.

Never could make the Hammer Brothers take damage.

D

Deleted member

Well, I just found out Paper Mario won't have EXP... and there goes my excitement. Look Nintendo/IS, if you guys want to continue with that simplified style, fine, but can we at least get an HD port of PM64 or TTYD? It doesn't even need new stuff, as those games hold up well enough gameplay wise.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'd be more than willing to give Origami King a fair shake but $60 for a game that echos a major mistake from the last two games (lack of EXP in battles) is a bitter pill to swallow.

Waiting for more reviews before I make a decision.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Wademan94 Wademan94 curious, but have you played Partners In Time in the past and how did you find It?

It was my first Mario RPG so I am kinda biased for It, although back in the day I got stuck at one part where Mario & Luigi got kidnapped by a machine and you had to fight two mind-controlled Hammer Brothers as their baby-selfs.

My God dude, you can't stop being a man of culture for one second.

I'm still pissed Partners in Tine didn't get remade.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

My only experience with the first two M&L games were let’s plays, mostly Chuggaaconroy’s, but from what I’ve seen, it didn’t seem like it warranted as much hate as it received.

D

Deleted member

Oh, PiT, I could never beat the final boss... or I did once and forgot. But wasn't it some kinda gauntlet where you first fight the princess, then queen and then Bowser? I recall there was a surprising difficulty spike.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Awesome collection! Why have two Ridley Amiibo when you can have TWO?!
:V It's because one of those Ridleys works as my personal Digital Pen Holder, look:
pen holder riddles.png

Why bother with the common one that comes with the Tablet when you can have THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH himself hold it perfectly for you? :v As Ridley's Propaganda Artist, I highly approve.

D

Deleted member

:V It's because one of those Ridleys works as my personal Digital Pen Holder, look:
View attachment 277833
Why bother with the common one that comes with the Tablet when you can have THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH himself hold it perfectly for you? :v As Ridley's Propaganda Artist, I highly approve.
Lol, how I didn't think of using my Ridley amiibo for that?

Quite a really creative idea.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
View attachment 277833
The Ridley Amiibo never existed, only the Ridley pen holder.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The local Mexican cuisine restaurant is open for dine-in again and my body is ready.

My weakness. Such good food <3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 277833
That's actually pretty cute... well, as cut as anything involving Ridley can be, that is.

Dutch Raikuna

Damn. It's one more week until Paper Mario which means one more week until my most anticipated game!

1594319741295.png

Aw Yeah! It's happening!

D

Deleted member

This is how most of my collection looks as of now:

20200709_193955.jpg

20200709_194012.jpg

It isn't everything I have but still the biggest highlights ignoring Transformers stuff.

AndreaAC AndreaAC would surely be glad to know I also happen to own the Smash Rosalina amiibo, lol.

Looking forward to putting that new Hero amiibo on the collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Yooo, that's really cool & clever!

Btw, got another alt color idea on discord, this time based of Blue Mary from Fatal Fury.
Marsa Mizuki Giless Flat Color Alt Color Blue Mary jpeg.jpg
Hope ya all enjoy. (tagging Knight Dude Knight Dude for this one)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Here’s my collection.
F1FDB20B-C750-4C80-8643-383E94F2E645.jpeg
56B6ABA8-FE67-48AC-8FDE-92669F2576F4.jpeg
934D11EC-20CE-42F4-95C1-01C6A0E717FC.jpeg
I also have some plushies not shown here. A Toriel plush, a Genesect plush, a detective Pikachu plush, etc. I am currently saving up for a Grimm plush. I’m only nine bucks away.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
D

Deleted member

We showing off our amiibo collection now? Here's mine:
Definitely planning on growing it in the future. And I'm gonna buy Joker and Terry for sure.

D

Deleted member

What are those Dragon Quest books about?
The smaller ones are mangas. Two of them were drawn by the artist behind Sargent Keroro (a manga and anime from my childhood), which is quite awesome.

The biggest book is a collection of all the Akira Toriyama art for the franchise from DQ1 up to DQX, which is quite cool to look at many times.

20200709_195133.jpg

AndreaAC

Lol, how I didn't think of using my Ridley amiibo for that?

Quite a really creative idea.
x'D A pretty simple one, at that! His pose is just too perfect for such function!

The Ridley Amiibo never existed, only the Ridley pen holder.
x'D And I even got self made Ridley Cup Coasters made when I was back in University studying my career...

Yooo, that's really cool & clever!
x'D Thank you! I was simply having fun with it!

This is how most of my collection looks as of now:

View attachment 277836
View attachment 277837
It isn't everything I have but still the biggest highlights ignoring Transformers stuff.

AndreaAC AndreaAC would surely be glad to know I also happen to own the Smash Rosalina amiibo, lol.

Looking forward to putting that new Hero amiibo on the collection.
:p Of COURSE I would approve! I only got the Super Mario Series Rosalina amiibo myself, but I love her nonetheless.
Here’s my collection.
I also have some plushies not shown here. A Toriel plush, a Genesect plush, a detective Pikachu plush, etc. I am currently saving up for a Grimm plush. I’m only nine bucks away.
O-O GIVE ME THAT CUTE AS HECK ALOLAN RAICHU PLUSHIE! D:

We showing off our amiibo collection now? Here's mine:
Definitely planning on growing it in the future. And I'm gonna buy Joker and Terry for sure.
:D Awesome collection! Gotta love the Smash Rosalina amiibo.

I already took the photo of my shelf with all my stuff, so I think I should take of the amiibos alone, since they aren't much.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I won't lie. The GX preview murdered any hope I had for Origami King
I knew from the first trailer that it wouldn't be the return to form everyone was hoping for. I've been really confused as to why so many people were convinced otherwise. I think a lot of people just got caught up in the hype of a new Paper Mario game that's not on the 3DS or Wii U, but on the Switch, that looks vaguely interesting, without scrutinizing it a whole lot.

At best, it'll be better than Sticker Star and Color Splash, but that's an incredibly low bar.

My predictions:
  • The story will be at least somewhat interesting with some fun dialogue and jokes here and there, but ultimately not be close to as creative as TTYD or SPM got
  • The partner characters will be universally or almost universally less unique or interesting than those in Paper Mario/TTYD
  • The battle system will be better than SS/CS, and may be fun on its own merits, but not be as diverse and rewarding as the first or second game's battle system
  • There will be some fun and unique environments, especially when compared to SS and CS, but nothing as creative or wacky as TTYD or SPM
  • The graphics are gorgeous, but there will be an overemphasis on the paper gimmick, just like in all the recent games, since Nintendo's modern conception of the Paper Mario serious is that the paper element is the main focus instead of just an aesthetic (compare the plots and mechanics of the first three games to the latter three, all of which focus on a paper-related gimmick instead of story: stickers, paint, and origami)
  • Overall, the game is going to be less of an RPG and more of an action-adventure, like the last two games
So basically, on a scale of Sticker Star to Thousand Year Door, this game will land right in the middle, behind the first three games, but ahead of the last two. As such, it's going to be an average game that doesn't really please longtime fans but might have some novelty for newcomers, but ultimately never live up to the standard of the first three games.

The only thing that surprises me is that this game is coming out now, just four years after the last one. I'm pretty sure Color Splash was a commercial failure (a game that's average at best in a vacuum, disliked by actual fans of the series, exclusive to the Wii U in 2016), so I wonder why Nintendo immediately got on board with a new game. Perhaps they felt they could compromise and make this game a little more like the older ones, but still aren't willing to fully go back to the old spirit. Not sure how that's going to please anyone, but then again that's just how things sometimes go with Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

So, as I mentioned earlier, here's my cramped game shelf. Due to lack of space, some things are just barely or not at all visible.
That Saturn controller is actually the NiGHTS bundle, Xbox 360 and other Saturn games are below that package. Also various GBA and (3)DS games are also hidden behind that second layer.

I'll show my console setup later, but I'm getting hungry.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
View attachment 277831
:D There you go! The things I love THE MOST are my two Ridley Amiibos and the Giant Super Metroid Cartridge (:V COUGHTotallyNOTBecauseofRidleyBias). xD I found it HILARIOUS that the Samus figure had a "secret" item when it was OBVIOUSLY going to be the Morphball. And I do like the metallic paint that the smaller Samus has. The two Metroids are not squish unfortunately :'c But the fit perfectly onto the head of BIG Samus.
I have that same shirt/giant SNES cartridge! Got is as a rather thoughtful gift, still wear the shirt sometimes.

Wish I could show my Metroid collection. Problem is, it's so many disparate items in different parts of my room that I can't really put them all together for a single photo.

What I can easily show, however, is that I may have indulged when the Dark Samus Amiibo was released:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Mario & Luigi is a bit more like it than paper mario, but it really cant compare to the mario rpg as a masterpiece XD

Paper Mario is good in its own right too.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny

Dutch Raikuna

Guess I have to work more on my Star-Drawn Journeys project now more than ever...
Really should start making up for the missing days in England and write. I'd bring my laptop but it's too awkward.
I'm pretty tired. I'll wait until JD's done his thing and then sleep for a bit.

I'll do some story discussion tonight.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ok, time to start working on the big post I had planned.
I won't accept anything less than 5,000 words presented with the most flawless punctuation and sentence structure. You better have a copy of it on my desk by tomorrow morning or your ass is grass.

D

Deleted member

Lol, quite ironic that a final Boss theme would sound so hopeful and have a title fitting for myself as of now
Well, summer holidays have finally arrived to Gran Canaria and people all around are excited to relax a bit from all the events of 2020 with Covid having finally left for a while the island.
As of me... These past months have been quite stressful due to all the stuff which transpired.
Had to help a lot of friends around Discord with their personal fears and concerns about the future, prevented like two suicides and of course had to deal with the whole Sabi fiasco in the background to make sure I didn't spill out too much about him too soon so he didn't go for the ones I admired.

But now, I find myself at a very special point of my life... with the big rock of my back which uses to be my past finally gone, and with anyone capable to ruining what I have achieved these past three years being put under justice... It is my time to finally learn to love myself for the person who I am today, and stop fearing who I used to be.

It goes without saying, I owe It to all my IRL, Smashboards and Discord friends that I have been able to get where I am today. Finally free from many fears, only a few little details to improve and a whole summer to take the right amount of time to learn to love myself... It is time to do myself a favour and go on a personal quest with my IRL friends to appreciate me more.

Thank you all so much, and before rounding things up I want to ask some of my dear Smashboards friends for some favours:

> Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! And @Taylor F , keep me up to date with all the YouTube videos you make through this summer. If possible feel free to PM me each one both upload through Discord, as I will without a doubt check all. Keep pushing forward for your dreams, as I'm positive sooner or later you will be the Big budget voice actors you aspire to be.

> osby osby keep inspiring this whole thread as you inspired me to become a greater person. You have a soul my family has lacked during the 18 years I have lived, and you should feel deeply proud for It. I also promise that this summer I'm gonna finally play Persona 5 Royal.

> Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Wademan94 Wademan94 DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu R Rangez and MilkCalf MilkCalf , keep using the server we made at Discord and tag me for anything involving Metroid, Dragon Quest, the Fantastic Four, Godzilla, SEGA in general or Transformers you hear about. I will check all the tags when I return.

> AndreaAC AndreaAC and Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , I ask both of you to keep tagging me for all the stuff involving your art. Looking forward to everything else you have preparing, and I'm deeply positive It won't dissapoint.

> Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and Noipoi Noipoi . Both just keep being awesome and cool people as ya'll have been since we met.

> Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku keep the support for Steve up and as I said to Osby keep being the inspiring person you are.

> Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy keep being the great friend who you are and tag me for anything you may feel I will like to see at your server.

> And while I don't have more favours to ask I also want to tag TheMightyP TheMightyP Lamperouge Lamperouge Teeb147 Teeb147 and Shroob Shroob to thank them for the support they gave me days ago. Without that support I would still be stuck in the past.

Don't take this as a long goodbye, as ya'll see September will come sooner than you may expect.

And with that said... Happy holidays to all of you and thanks for all support. I'll be around here for two hours if you want to send me any last thing, and after that...

jOEkfV.gif

It will be time

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

That's actually pretty cute... well, as cut as anything involving Ridley can be, that is.
x'D I totally see where you are coming from. For many, seeing something cute with him in it instead of his typical murderous killing is off putting. I got used to both already as I have worked with both concepts. My current avatar is proof of that.

I have that same shirt/giant SNES cartridge! Got is as a rather thoughtful gift, still wear the shirt sometimes.
:D Awesome! I saw a post somewhere about those cartridges and I had the very lucky chance of getting in time when they were available. They were just too good. Realistically, I should have gotten the S Size shirt instead of 2XL, but since I wasn't really going to wear it, and maybe at one point hang it for display, I got that one.

What I can easily show, however, is that I may have indulged when the Dark Samus Amiibo was released:

:D The Dark Samus Amiibo looks amazing. I saw it once at the local Gamestop, and I swear I felt like picking it up, but I hesitated in the end, I am VERY picky when it comes to getting stuff, even if I want it.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! x'D And you thought I had too many Riddles. In fact, IF I WAS ABLE TO, I would have gotten a lot more than you can imagine. ALL OF THEM.....o u o

51682623_242523673345849_7976414972081078272_n.jpg

FALCO, of course, has been one of my faves since Melee. I wish I had gotten two like I did later on with Ridley, or at least get it from a second hand sale, like I got my second Rosa, but oh well. Too late. I haven't opened him ever since I got him.

51410362_336452163870973_417161961483010048_n.jpg
51407545_226062748212724_186603499943886848_n.jpg
51202956_2291016587782932_1033631918991605760_n.jpg
x'D The last ones with the "photo session" I took of both my Ridley and Rosalina Amiibos was done using my crappy phone, and fortunately, I had a BIG Luma I once got so Rosa didn't look so lonely, and I put one of my Metroids beside Rids.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. I expanded what I did with my SFV wishlist and expanded it into the (i know, unrealistic) idea of giving the game a whole nother row of additional characters. It would add the following.
Season 5
  • Eagle (Street Fighter/Street Fighter Alpha 3)
  • Remy (Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike)
  • Ingrid (Capcom Fighting All-Stars/Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX)
  • Retsu (Street Fighter)
  • Captain Sawada (Street Fighter: The Movie - The Game) [Hey, we don’t have Fei Long and this guy was a stand in for Fei Long so....]
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat 11)
Season 6
  • Makoto (Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike)
  • Crimson Viper (Street Fighter IV)
  • Maki Genryusai (Final Fight 2/Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper)
  • Kyosuke Kagami (Rival Schools: United by Fate/Capcom vs. SNK 2)
  • Death (Capcom Fighting All-Stars)
  • Pepsiman
Season 7
  • Oro (Street Fighter III: The New Generation)
  • Necro w/Effie (Street Fighter III: The New Generation)
  • Blade 2.0 (Street Fighter: The Movie - The Game) [Done Triborg style with Arkane, F7, and Khyber)
  • Shin (Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation)
  • Father Bella (Final Fight: Streetwise)
  • Noembelu (Street Fighter Alpha 3)
  • Skullomania (Street Fighter EX)
  • Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)
I would have included Q, but I'm pretty sure he and G are supposed to be the same guy. I mean, just look at their animations.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Lol, quite ironic that a final Boss theme would sound so hopeful and have a title fitting for myself as of now
Well, summer holidays have finally arrived to Gran Canaria and people all around are excited to relax a bit from all the events of 2020 with Covid having finally left for a while the island.
As of me... These past months have been quite stressful due to all the stuff which transpired.
Had to help a lot of friends around Discord with their personal fears and concerns about the future, prevented like two suicides and of course had to deal with the whole Sabi fiasco in the background to make sure I didn't spill out too much about him too soon so he didn't go for the ones I admired.

But now, I find myself at a very special point of my life... with the big rock of my back which uses to be my past finally gone, and with anyone capable to ruining what I have achieved these past three years being put under justice... It is my time to finally learn to love myself for the person who I am today, and stop fearing who I used to be.

It goes without saying, I owe It to all my IRL, Smashboards and Discord friends that I have been able to get where I am today. Finally free from many fears, only a few little details to improve and a whole summer to take the right amount of time to learn to love myself... It is time to do myself a favour and go on a personal quest with my IRL friends to appreciate me more.

Thank you all so much, and before rounding things up I want to ask some of my dear Smashboards friends for some favours:

> Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! And @Taylor F , keep me up to date with all the YouTube videos you make through this summer. If possible feel free to PM me each one both upload through Discord, as I will without a doubt check all. Keep pushing forward for your dreams, as I'm positive sooner or later you will be the Big budget voice actors you aspire to be.

> osby osby keep inspiring this whole thread as you inspired me to become a greater person. You have a soul my family has lacked during the 18 years I have lived, and you should feel deeply proud for It. I also promise that this summer I'm gonna finally play Persona 5 Royal.

> Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Wademan94 Wademan94 DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu R Rangez and MilkCalf MilkCalf , keep using the server we made at Discord and tag me for anything involving Metroid, Dragon Quest, the Fantastic Four, Godzilla, SEGA in general or Transformers you hear about. I will check all the tags when I return.

> AndreaAC AndreaAC and Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , I ask both of you to keep tagging me for all the stuff involving your art. Looking forward to everything else you have preparing, and I'm deeply positive It won't dissapoint.

> Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and Noipoi Noipoi . Both just keep being awesome and cool people as ya'll have been since we met.

> Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku keep the support for Steve up and as I said to Osby keep being the inspiring person you are.

> Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy keep being the great friend who you are and tag me for anything you may feel I will like to see at your server.

> And while I don't have more favours to ask I also want to tag TheMightyP TheMightyP Lamperouge Lamperouge Teeb147 Teeb147 and Shroob Shroob to thank them for the support they gave me days ago. Without that support I would still be stuck in the past.

Don't take this as a long goodbye, as ya'll see September will come sooner than you may expect.

And with that said... Happy holidays to all of you and thanks for all support. I'll be around here for two hours if you want to send me any last thing, and after that...

View attachment 277845
It will be time
Aw, thanks for the shoutout.

I hope the break with your friends works wonders for your mental health so you can return here in much higher spirits. Until then, take care my dude.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I won't lie. The GX preview murdered any hope I had for Origami King
I'm still going to try it since it still seems cool and I already skipped most of Sticker Star and all of Color Splash, but yeah, it's sounding like battles aren't going to feel very rewarding/worthwhile again...

They took some steps forward, yet left in one of the main issues people had :/

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

View attachment 277845
It will be time
So you're going to be a lot less online during summer? I hope you find things you enjoy and take your time to breathe and go about how you like.
Good luck with everything :) *hugs*

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

View attachment 277845
It will be time
Take care bud! I'll try to keep up with your promise as I can.

We love you...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom