• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Anyways I was going to take a half step back with all the talk going on about the you know what and still might. Gonna spend the weekend watching my PFP suffer for Wednesday and continue some story writing.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku whenever you're ready for the AMA. That might be the only thing this weekend I'll post about heavily.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ZeRo's gone as well, huh? All that's left is Sky William's child mansion.

Man, is it me or is the Brawl scene kids just crawling with creeps? :nifty:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
****. Who the **** is innocent at this point?
A good handful. M2K, HBox, Samsora, Leo, probably some others I can't recall. Though, that could change at any second for a few others.

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Should we really cancel people and just tell them to get lost, I repeat Why do we have the urge to cancel people, I understand what they did was wrong, mostly what happened to Nairo and now ZeRo, But I'm not going to freaking tell them "good bye" or "Get Lost" or anything else like that. I'm so confused about this, Why do have shun them so much? WHY??

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Should we really cancel people and just tell them to get lost, I repeat Why do we have the urge to cancel people, I understand what they did was wrong, mostly what happened to Nairo and now ZeRo, But I'm not going to freaking tell them "good bye" or "Get Lost" or anything else like that. I'm so confused about this, Why do have shun them so much? WHY??
Actually they've shunned and left themselves, "cancel culture" in this instance is just in support of the decision.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not what i said, but also not helpful to overall discussion.
???

You literally brought up cancel culture and how it doesn't let people learn from their mistakes when we're discussimg Smash players and their awful crimes that they did. Someone asked what will happen to them, and you decided to bring up how cancel culture is cruel, and doesn't allow second chances. And then you said that you'll continue to watch them if they learn from their mistakes. Like pedophiles and abusers should be given a platform again if they admitted that they were wrong, as if they aren't gonna go right back to their tendencies ones they get they're redose of clout.

I'm sorry, but if that's not what you meant, then you did a terrible job and explaining your point.

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
???

You literally brought up cancel culture and how it doesn't let people learn from their mistakes when we're discussimg Smash players and their awful crimes that they did. Someone asked what will happen to them, and you decided to bring up how cancel culture is cruel, and doesn't allow second chances. And then you said that you'll continue to watch them if they learn from their mistakes. Like pedophiles and abusers should be given a platform again if they admitted that they were wrong, as if they aren't gonna go right back to their tendencies ones they get they're redose of clout.

I'm sorry, but if that's not what you meant, then you did a terrible job and explaining your point.
are you talking to me

if you are, then sorry, This whole thing is messing with my head I hate when everything about cancel culture, I'm confused on how this whole thing works.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
are you talking to me

if you are, then sorry, This whole thing is messing with my head I hate when everything about cancel culture, I'm confused on how this whole thing works.
Well, if you run that account as well, then yeah.

Otherwise, no.

But since you seem confused, I'll explain. This isn't cancel culture. Cancel Culture is gojng after someone who as made a minor slip up years ago, and then trying to get them banned from life or something, regardless if the person actually changed for the better.

What we're seeing now isn't that. These are people who are abusers, they ruined other people's lifes by abusing them, manipulating them, hurting them physically and emotionally, and then try to cover it up by any means. Think of it as a Ted Bundy situation: man was killing people left and right, but nobody knew because he used his wits and charm to cover it up. This isn't like someone saying a slur from way back when, forgetting they used a slur, and then they fessing up when someome says, "Hey, did you say this?", with an apology. They changed, not the same people. The people we're dealing with now are the same people back then. They aren't truly sorry until they got caught. If they were, they would have fessed up a while ago that they did this, without any callouts or anything. These people are harmful to everyone around them, and thus, they shouldn't have a platform where they can spread their danger in any way they can.

I hope this makes sense.

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you run that account as well, then yeah.

Otherwise, no.

But since you seem confused, I'll explain. This isn't cancel culture. Cancel Culture is gojng after someone who as made a minor slip up years ago, and then trying to get them banned from life or something, regardless if the person actually changed for the better.

What we're seeing now isn't that. These are people who are abusers, they ruined other people's lifes by abusing them, manipulating them, hurting them physically and emotionally, and then try to cover it up by any means. Think of it as a Ted Bundy situation: man was killing people left and right, but nobody knew because he used his wits and charm to cover it up. This isn't like someone saying a slur from way back when, forgetting they used a slur, and then they fessing up when someome says, "Hey, did you say this?", with an apology. They changed, not the same people. The people we're dealing with now are the same people back then. They aren't truly sorry until they got caught. If they were, they would have fessed up a while ago that they did this, without any callouts or anything. These people are harmful to everyone around them, and thus, they shouldn't have a platform where they can spread their danger in any way they can.

I hope this makes sense.
ok thanks

OH by the way
Introspecktive has a made a message for the community
link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5UmDXXUPaU

osby

Smash Obsessed
i love how literaly no one likes TLOUs too but resetera.
I saw a lot of people (fans and critics) praising and genuinely enjoying both of those games and I never check resetera.

Not to say they are not controversial for different reasons but I think you're overstating it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, just finished a short script. I've been thinking about doing some audio based original stories on my channel, so this is a proof of concept more than anything. Hopefully the people I sent it to like it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I saw a lot of people (fans and critics) praising and genuinely enjoying both of those games and I never check resetera.

Not to say they are not controversial for different reasons but I think you're overstating it.
most people Ive seen played though both games and said while the first game was good, the 2nd one falls short. resetera just like tho throw the "oh they just hate gays/ woman/ ect and thats why they dont like the game" card a lot when most Ive seen play the game on stream dont care about ellie being gay or any other stuff, they think the story is dog doodoo

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
How would rank the following Pizza chains from best to worst. Pizza hut, Dominoes, Papa Johns?

I'll go first. Papa Johns > Pizza Hut > Dominoes.
Papa Johns > Dominoes > Pizza Hut
I do have a question: why is Little Caesars not on your pizza chain list?

osby

Smash Obsessed
most people Ive seen played though both games and said while the first game was good, the 2nd one falls short. resetera just like tho throw the "oh they just hate gays/ woman/ ect and thats why they dont like the game" card a lot when most Ive seen play the game on stream dont care about ellie being gay or any other stuff, they think the story is dog doodoo
I think that's an "us vs them" situation. Both sides think the opposite group is a biased minority and their opinion about the game is objectively true.

resetera being unfair doesn't mean everyone who enjoy the game suddenly doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not entirely sure what this whole cancel culture thing is, but it sounds pretty good. Culture sucks and should be canceled. :224:

Anyways, for pizza, Papa John's. As for subway, meatball subs are the way to go for me. :224:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just gonna interject and ask more people to vote on which game I will play next in the straw poll in my signature. Woolly World is coming along nicely and the poll is currently tied up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Went out to my grandparents farm, got a few pics of some of the animals out there including my buddy Dino (pronounced like in Flintstones), who they’re babysitting for my cousins
View attachment 277276
That’s a good looking doggo and the kitten is really adorable. Gray cats are some of the cutest ones imo. The stripe like pattern in their fur is really pretty.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just gonna interject and ask more people to vote on which game I will play next in the straw poll in my signature. Woolly World is coming along nicely and the poll is currently tied up.
Admittedly, I haven't played some of them - the games on the list that I have played are the two Yooka-Laylee games, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Nier Automata, Crash: The Wrath of Cortex, Punch-Out for the Wii, the Wonderful 101, and parts of the Master Chief Collection and Perfect Dark.

Out of those, I voted for Nier Automata, though Conker's Bad Fur Day was a close second, given the sheer contrast between Yoshi's Woolly World and that.

EDIT: aaaaand I turned it into a three-way tie. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk whether the competitive scene is gonna end up dead...or if they'll end up having to overcome all of these controversies to reach their highest of success

either way the pedos need to stop being a thing

D

Deleted member

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Irepan's AMA is the one next week right?

Had a small memory mumbo jumbo and forgot if the AMA subject for next week already got revealed.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Irepan's AMA is the one next week right?

Had a small memory mumbo jumbo and forgot if the AMA subject for next week already got revealed.
Yup, that's the next one

It was supposed to be this week and I had it ready to go since Thursday, but after reading the room the last few days and everything going down uh... I l think i'm gonna hold off for now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yup, that's the next one

It was supposed to be this week, but after reading the room the last few days and everything going down uh... I l think i'm gonna hold off for now
Yeah, that is completely fair.

Just wanted to confirm.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well Jisu mentioned that there's more to tell from her and others, so at some point soon there might be even more stuff revealed.
Not sure how I feel about that, don't want there to be more XD But I guess it could be good to say just how bad it was.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I wonder how many of the accused are actually going to be legally reprimanded over this. Even though a lot of the accusations were very serious, I don't see a lot of these top players trying to legally defend themselves. Hell, some of them flat-out confessed to doing blatantly illegal things. Even though the statute of limitations might protect some of them, I'm surprised that most of them are pushing out twitlongers instead of shutting up and getting a lawyer.

D

Deleted member

Forgot to mention something important regarding my holiday plans with my friends.

Yesterday I was having lunch with my mother and I accidentally brought the plans up in front of her when the news about the goverment cancelling the idea of denying friends to share hotel rooms during summer popped up on TV.
I was of course worried about how my mother would likely take It all down and ruin the whole thing... But luck was on my side and she did a kind choice.
She basically said she agreed with me about how much It would help me to stay a week just with my friends at the south, and even offered herself to pay my part of the stance when we do decide the place to stay in.

Glad that for once I have my mother on my side for this kind of important stuff.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I don’t mean to bring the topic back up, so I’m going to spoiler it. You already know what the topic is. You can choose to read it or not.
Once Zero confessed, I realized how different things were gonna be. Before it was like, we lost a lot of the members of the community (not saying they didn’t deserve what they got, just saying we technically did lose a lot of genuinely good people, most of whom just made a stupid mistake) but we can still recover. Competitive tournaments will be fine. It will all go back to normal.
But then we found out what Zero did.
The guy who holds the world record for Smash 4’s largest win streak.
Who most people consider to be one of the best Little Mac players, and one of the best smash players overall.
And then he’s just gone, as if he never existed.
Now I realize how different things are going to be. It scares me.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wonder how many of the accused are actually going to be legally reprimanded over this. Even though a lot of the accusations were very serious, I don't see a lot of these top players trying to legally defend themselves. Hell, some of them flat-out confessed to doing blatantly illegal things. Even though the statute of limitations might protect some of them, I'm surprised that most of them are pushing out twitlongers instead of shutting up and getting a lawyer.
It's been said before, but it's extremely hard to go after someone over all this stuff, especially when most of it is online. It's also a lot of trouble, and then it can bring a lot of attention to the victims and they might not want that. Obbiously it's gonna be different per case. I'd also say that jail time 'may be' going overboard in some cases, if they are learning their lessons. (and bringing more awareness about the problem)

Last edited:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
How would rank the following Pizza chains from best to worst. Pizza hut, Dominoes, Papa Johns?

I'll go first. Papa Johns > Pizza Hut > Dominoes.
Dominoes > Pizza Hut > Papa Johns. But, I personally prefer those make your own pizza places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom