• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would like to share some cool news involving the enviroment in the Canary Islands, just to help bring some light to this thread during such tough times.

Well, for starters there seem to currently be less than 30 active cases of Covid-19 in Gran Canaria, which means the virus is about to get basically controlled well enough here. Which is quite cool. There have not been deads for the virus since 20 days.

Another thing is that the Canary Islands goverment is making a lot of laws to in quote ensure that the Canary Islands lack any kind of waste problem for the enviroment.
They have starting to make smoking on the beach illegal to ensure nobody throws ciggarettes on the sand or the sea, with penalties going to decently sized numbers.
They are also going to prohibite the use of 1-use only plastics at any local or work enviroment, as those tend to be some of the most thrown kinds of plastic in my island.

While I could say from experience the Canary Islands goverment isn't perfect, I'm just happy that they are pushing so hard for the enviroment. I wish more goverments did It honestly.
Great to know man. I really hope it continues that way for you and everyone there. Continue to stay safe please. :)
What kind of Sand witch was it?
Veggie Italian herbs and cheese.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
When I go Subway, I try and get their Teriyaki Chicken as I found it was pretty decent.

D

Deleted member

There's only one Subway in the entirety of Gran Canaria.

Never tried any of their stuff, although doesn't hurt to try new things I guess.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hear's talk about Subway.

Finally some good ****ing food. Sausage and bacon.

Also got a burrito last night. Too damn full of food.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Subway to me is the best fast food restaurant. What also makes it great is it's probably the healthiest for that matter too unless that is only applying to veggies since I'm a vegetarian.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Soooo... I wonder what these folks are gonna do now? Just... Dissapear of the face of the internet, I guess?

I’m not saying I want them to come back, I’m just genuinely curious what’s going through their minds right now.
Hopefully jail, as a lot of them really deserve it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Subway sandwiches are soooo good, especially chicken and turkey ones. Shame they're too sweet for me to eat at there more often.

D

Deleted member

Subway sandwiches are soooo good, especially chicken and turkey ones. Shame they're too sweet for me to eat at there more often.
Gonna try a chicken sandwhich from Subway next week when I meet with my IRL friends then.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Been soooo long since I had a Subway sandwich

Publix Deli subs though? Mmmmm... Magnifico!

I recently amassed like $200 worth in Publix gift cards whilst working there and I'm spending a good amount of it on them sandwiches

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Ah its great viewing this in desktop for the first time in two months.

Saw this while viewing on mobile and desktop.
Jokasaadssndo.png

Nani.jpg

Has the text always been this small though?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't believe I just started a discussion regarding my favorite fast-food. :laugh:

Anyways on my sandwich, I like lettuce, cucumbers, onions, spinach, olives, banana peppers, and mayonnaise on it. I used to get brown bread with only lettuce, cucumbers, onions, spinach, and mayonnaise but then on a hike at the border, my dad got some sandwiches for lunch once we reached the top and thought it'd be nice for me to try something new, I've since been getting the former.

P.S.: Loving Grammarly. Its really helping with my grammar. Thanks to Will Will for the suggestion.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Has anyone here ever tried Subway's pizzas? They're really good even though I haven't tried them in awhile.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I usually get a Chicken Bacon Ranch sub from Subway with lettuce, onions, and ranch dressing. It helps that it's seemingly the only fast food restaurant in my town that isn't Tim Horton's or a pizza place. (I live in a town of 5000 people or so, and we've got at least six different pizza places)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can't believe I just started a discussion regarding my favorite fast-food. :laugh:

Anyways on my sandwich, I like lettuce, cucumbers, onions, spinach, olives, banana peppers, and mayonnaise on it. I used to get brown bread with only lettuce, cucumbers, onions, spinach, and mayonnaise but then on a hike at the border, my dad got some sandwiches for lunch once we reached the top and thought it'd be nice for me to try something new, I've since been getting the former.
Some of these sounds delicious, I should try them sometime. I'm usually pretty straightforward about sandwiches (meat+cheese+veggies) but they are great for experimenting. The only bad thing about them is that I hate tomatoes and people in Turkey would rather make vegeterian steak than tomato-free sandwiches.

Dutch Raikuna

Man I miss it when Subway had their Southern Fried Chicken. And hate that they don't go all day breakfast.

If still talking about food places Boojum (closest thing us Irish people have to Taco Bell) and Greggs are pretty nice for sandwich stuff.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
How would rank the following Pizza chains from best to worst. Pizza hut, Dominoes, Papa Johns?

I'll go first. Papa Johns > Pizza Hut > Dominoes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How is Tim Horton's?
I don't eat there much, since I don't like coffee (which is the main reason why people go there in my experience). I like the donuts, though, and they have good paninis, though I think the particular kind that I liked was a limited-time thing since it's not on their website.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
How is Tim Horton's?
I think it's alright, but not as good as subway for sure. If someone wants to eat something while they get their coffee it's alright.

I used to love the pastries they had in the past, but now it feels pretty plain, though some things are ok. If you like sweets tho it can be another reason to go eat there.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Damn you people for making me hungry.
However there is one place I hope to go in a few weeks for food.
1593882557081.png

Yo Sushi. Pretty popular here in the UK, although a little expensive.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I don't eat there much, since I don't like coffee (which is the main reason why people go there in my experience). I like the donuts, though, and they have good paninis, though I think the particular kind that I liked was a limited-time thing since it's not on their website.
I like coffee but only if I drown it in milk or if its flavored instant brew coffee. So things like cappuccinos and Frappes I love but I just hate regular coffee.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
For me when I get Subway, I like getting the BLT on Italian Herb and Cheese. Delicious.
Every time I went to Subway, I would always asked for the Pizza Sub with manchego in Parmesan bread. T - T Now I want one...

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For Subway, meatball subs and ham, roast beef and pepper jack sandwiches are my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom