• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Youtuber. Famous for Know Your Moves, a series that's bacically discount CrappyCaptureDevice.

He's basically a less funny Alpharad imo.
A less funny Jontron is what I call him, since they share alot of the same trope, like bizarre humor, use of IRL footage with a animal sidekick & lots of editing.

Tho Jontron didn't have a yandere as his co-star at one point.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
RelaxAlax’s humor never really clicked with me honestly. It just feels forced, and it’s unfunny as a result. He has such a following, I kinda just assumed that that was another hot take of mine.

D

Deleted member

Read up on a bit of the Zero stuff and HOO BOY.

Unacceptable, but frankly, I can’t say I’m surprised.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
RelaxAlax’s humor never really clicked with me honestly. It just feels forced, and it’s unfunny as a result. He has such a following, I kinda just assumed that that was another hot take of mine.
Yeah, I can agree with his humor feeling forced sometimes. Particularly with some of his Sonic videos among others.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, woke up to see that ZeRo admitted to everything he was accused of doing to Katie.
It's good that he came clean, but I bet it's going to rattle the smash community even more, he was pretty big. :/

D

Deleted member

Did you read both of his letters in their entirety?
First one, yes, not second one. I kindaaaa stopped there, I don’t wanna listen to him try to fumble together words to defend himself any more, unless that’s key to understanding the context of everything.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also read the third one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
First one, yes, not second one. I kindaaaa stopped there, I don’t wanna listen to him try to fumble together words to defend himself any more, unless that’s key to understanding the context of everything.

In the one he posted 2 hours ago, he just straight up came clean about the worst bit he didnt talk about before.
He didnt point out that it meant he covered up/ lied in those 2 letters to some degree tho :O

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I liked Relax Alax wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back then, pre-Smash 4 release, when he first released his very first video on Ridley case and why he could get in despite all the argument on his size back then.

This video, alongside some of the other videos he released afterward. Were quite good imo, not the best, but certainly enjoyable. There was humor, but it didn't drag out or got way too weird or personal to be funny. It was quick and to the point, and he just seemed alot more self-aware & thus careful of his words & thoughts. That and alot less smug too, which help alot. (Lord, that cat he had -as a character- was so annoying)

I can't tell when or why exactly I started stopped liking his videos, but even after I tried giving him a try after Ultimate release. While some of his videos reminded me of his old day, others were just like the style I didn't like and so I dropped ship very quickly, which in hindsight, seem to have been the good option.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In the one he posted 2 hours ago, he just straight up came clean about the worst bit he didnt talk about before.
He didnt point out that it meant he covered up/ lied in those 2 letters to some degree tho :O
Yeah, edited my post. I appreciate you letting me know, though.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

There's a lot that happened. The rabbit hole seems to continue getting deeper and deeper.

It's very disappointing to hear.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I am surprised at everything that's happened. But I dont think people should exagerate and think there's some kind of sex ring. I'd rather believe a bit more in people. And I'm sure some of the girls would've reported something that bad by now anyway.

Hard to talk just about smash during these times huh.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
It is a lot to take in. I was happy this morning but after seeing how these things are really hurting people in the community my empathy for the victims and the community is really making me feel queasy.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It is a lot to take in. I was happy this morning but after seeing how these things are really hurting people in the community my empathy for the victims and the community is really making me feel queasy.
All people can do is be supportive and help them have space to heal. They have plenty of friends and people who will help. I think it's ok to trust that it'll be ok, even if some of it will take time.

D

Deleted member

Soooo... I wonder what these folks are gonna do now? Just... Dissapear of the face of the internet, I guess?

I’m not saying I want them to come back, I’m just genuinely curious what’s going through their minds right now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Soooo... I wonder what these folks are gonna do now? Just... Dissapear of the face of the internet, I guess?

I’m not saying I want them to come back, I’m just genuinely curious what’s going through their minds right now.
maybe they will pull a Cinnpie and never say a damn thing after they got called out

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Well, cancel culture is supposed to be cruel. No mistakes allowed. So if they are cancelled, we will never know. but I suspect that they should never be able to hold a job again. Or anything for that matter. so. Suicide?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, cancel culture is supposed to be cruel. No mistakes allowed. So if they are cancelled, we will never know. but I suspect that they should never be able to hold a job again. Or anything for that matter. so. Suicide?
Well that's just too crude. They're still people, and they need to be able to live and get better and make up for what the did.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well that's just too crude. They're still people, and they need to be able to live and get better and make up for what the did.
I know it is. but that is not cancel culture.
I usually wait to see what happens. And if people do learn from their mistakes, I will continue to watch. But that is not what Cancel Culture is about. It is about finding one mistake or disagreement. Cancel everything about them and move on. No 2nd chances.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I know it is. but that is not cancel culture.
I usually wait to see what happens. And if people do learn from their mistakes, I will continue to watch. But that is not what Cancel Culture is about. It is about finding one mistake or disagreement. Cancel everything about them and move on. No 2nd chances.
It's just about taking away their power, their platforms, not cancelling them as persons, heh.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
People are going to be harsher to Zero and even more so to Nairo for not coming forward with this years ago. Zero gives off the air that he only came forward because he was guilty, it means he had skeletons in the closet and instead of coming forward years ago he only came forward because the pressure was too much to bare. So if cancel culture comes for him, he only has himself to blame.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am surprised at everything that's happened. But I dont think people should exagerate and think there's some kind of sex ring. I'd rather believe a bit more in people. And I'm sure some of the girls would've reported something that bad by now anyway.

Hard to talk just about smash during these times huh.
No, there's a ****ton of rumours about a sex ring involving Sky William's house. And **** reports do not get taken seriously by the police with loads of disgusting manipulation tactics to make victims less victimized, many women can tell you their **** reports get ignored

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey everyone, Happy 4th of July! And say happy birthday to everyone's favorite destructive, politically corrupt, and idiot-driven country: the U.S.A.
Stop trying to get political on a thread that isn't designed to discuss politics like this.

Talk about it in the debate hall if you want. But right now, working through these horrible issues within the smash community is more pressing for us as a smash community is more relevant and pressing.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Stop trying to get political on a thread that isn't designed to discuss politics like this.

Talk about it in the debate hall if you want. But right now, working through these horrible issues within the smash community is more pressing for us as a smash community is more relevant and pressing.
Eh, sorry.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No, there's a ****ton of rumours about a sex ring involving Sky William's house. And **** reports do not get taken seriously by the police with loads of disgusting manipulation tactics to make victims less victimized, many women can tell you their **** reports get ignored
They don't need to go to the police (for now) anyway, look at the impact their voices had on the perpetrators up to now.
Rumors make sense because of everything, but i think it's bad to believe them. I just hope if something like that would've happened, that any victimes 'd gained strength from people speaking out and seek support from everyone.
Anyway, to me it's a bit too much to think, I'dr ather see what comes out for real.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
They don't need to go to the police (for now) anyway, look at the impact their voices had on the perpetrators up to now.
Rumors make sense because of everything, but i think it's bad to believe them. I just hope if something like that would've happened, that any victimes 'd gained strength from people speaking out and seek support from everyone.
Anyway, to me it's a bit too much to think, I'dr ather see what comes out for real.
This has been very troubling.

There needs to be some kind of report. It's the best option available concerning working through this. I hope the victims can recover as best as possible, but either way there is certain damage that cuts extremely deeply.

We need to come together as a community and use more wisdom. We need wisdom, and much of it. Events like this are inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom