• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hope this doesn't ruin Smash's rep.
We'll get through this.

It's just going to hell for a while.

You gotta remember. Competitive Smash is a tiny percentage of the people who enjoy it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just putting to out to say that I don't really have interest in competitive Smash and far more the speculation.

Still people who do **** like that to underage are what I like to call *strengthens accent* a bellend.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gwen, I'm gonna be vulnerable with you for a second.

We're opposite sides of the same coin here.

You are concerned for all the victims who are not believed. I respect that and think it comes from a place of genuine care and empathy. You are scared that no one believes them.

My family had to deal with false accusations and even when we had proof that my father was innocent (he had a huge number of alibis) and avoided getting him incarcerated, people still thought he was guilty. No one believed him. I'm a little more staunch about this than most because of the pain my family has endured.

It's not an issue of believing one side or the other. It's an issue of justice not being done. Whether its people paying off juries or twitter mobs, we as a people aren't naturally just. We don't try and find the truth. If the truth is hard to find, we give up and form early conclusions.

That's why looking for evidence is so important. Evidence allows us to finally be objective. I know not everyone will accept all evidence, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
I completely understand your reasoning and I do sympathize for the victims of false accusations despite the rate of false accusations being 2%, but the system isn't fair. DaddyOFive seems to be an example of it working, but Cody, the redhaired kid who got the most abuse, was given custody to DaddyOFive because the judge during that trial was prejudiced against bipolar people. Vic Mignogna's now exwife accused him of having sex with minors in an email that was shown in court in which Vic's response email never denied it yet nothing was done. Hyuga got a year long ban for sexually assaulting Vikki but CaptainZack had a lifetime ban for having Ally throw matches despite Mew2King's punishment for throwing matches being less severe though Zack's ban has now been undone. It's hard to have cold hard evidence to deny claims, but it's equally hard to have it to prove claims. If Neo Zero wasn't already permabanned for being a grooming pedo and I was the first one to speak up and show screencaps, what if he claimed I used photoshop and inspect element, how would I be able to prove the contrary? By inviting people into those DMs so they could see it themselves? Nope, the site let you decide whether others can be invited if you started the PM, I'd be seen as a liar due to my tendency to cause arguments, trying to frame the trusted admin for a grave crime. In an ideal world, investigations would be done as soon as those claims happened by multiple parties but unfortunately, we don't live in a world where victims are taken seriously

D

Deleted member

I wish I could do anything to help my friends get through this shady and disgusting period... But I just feel useless due to how there's just too much stuff to unpack with this whole fiasco.

I am even scared of making too many posts in fear of ****ing up like that one time years ago.

If any of you do feel I could be of help however, both my Smashboards and Discord PMs are opened. Anything to help people who made me evolve a lot as a person overcome this.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I wish I could do anything to help my friends get through this shady and disgusting period... But I just feel useless due to how there's just too much stuff to unpack with this whole fiasco.

I am even scared of making too many posts in fear of ****ing up like that one time years ago.

If any of you do feel I could be of help however, both my Smashboards and Discord PMs are opened. Anything to help people who made me evolve a lot as a person overcome this.
All this accusations in the competition side is going over my head so what's going on I don't know.

What I do know though is I'm going out to get some snacks.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Okay, okay...

I just read up on the recent news of the competitve side from Reddit and... F**k man...

2020 is just keeping up with disasterous suprises, ain't it? What is happening?

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I did hear talk on this forum roughly a year ago that Nairo was splashing around in forbidden waters but someone said since it was Canada I didn't press the issue.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I did hear talk on this forum roughly a year ago that Nairo was splashing around in forbidden waters but someone said since it was Canada I didn't press the issue.
That was with Ally and CaptainZack. Nairo was mentioned, but that wasn't touched on, pretty baseless, and was later disproven by Zack himself earlier yesterday.

Until the damning twitlonger came out.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't know what to do right now.

For one side my brain keeps telling me to disconnect and try to find calm outside the internet as I've already dealt with too many stuff these pasts weeks to the point my brain can't handle such a messed problem as the current...

... But at the same time I see a lot of genuine friends from Smashboards seeing everything unfold and making posts which show how destroyed they are... And I feel the need to stay for them. To help them recover if somehow this gets worse.

I am so divided right now, and while I don't want to force people to give me feedback I would appreciate some comments as to what should I give preference to right now.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

For one side my brain keeps telling me to disconnect and try to find calm outside the internet as I've already dealt with too many stuff these pasts weeks to the point my brain can't handle such a messed problem as the current...

... But at the same time I see a lot of genuine friends from Smashboards seeing everything unfold and making posts which show how destroyed they are... And I feel the need to stay for them. To help them recover if somehow this gets worse.

I am so divided right now, and while I don't want to force people to give me feedback I would appreciate some comments as to what should I give preference to right now.
I know how you feel, buddy. Try not to get too lost with yourself, okay?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I woke up and saw all this happen basically overnight.

Ouch, this community can’t go one month without being normal.

osby

Smash Obsessed

If you feel like this stuff is too much for you, don't force yourself to help the others at the cost of your own mental health.

Yes, this whole thing sucks but as far as I know, none of the regular users here were affected directly.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I've been in that very same situation and try to remember that you can and should take mental health breaks

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I usually don't like stuff like this but if people are going to thoughtlessly endanger their lives like this we might as well fine them.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If all of this is what awaited us at the halfway point, I shudder to see what 2020 Part 2 has to offer.

In lighter news, I watched my personal favorite movie in HD for the first time last night!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just got caught up with everything in the Smash community and holy **** I couldn't be more ashamed to call myself a Smash fan. Thankfully nothing bad has come out yet on the only two competitive players I actually care about (don't wanna jinx it by saying their names), but either way this is so messed up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also didn't notice until now but Jesus what did I suddenly wake up to.

Pedophiles involved around Smash and EVO. As if this year can't get any worst...

dezeray112

Smash Hero

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I will never understand why it’s so hard to just wear a mask to some people.
There’s a saying that if you tell someone there’s a million stars in the sky they’ll believe you but show them a wet cement sign and they’ll stick their finger in and put a finger print on the cement.

Think of the masks as the wet cement sign.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don't forget all the drama with Skullgirls & Mike-Z.
The MikeZ stuff is nowhere near on the same scale as all THIS. And mind you I’m not defending MikeZ at all. He was super cringe and creepy to that model, and said something racist I’ll not repeat here

but it does not compare in the SLIGHTEST to making actual physical advances on young teenagers

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Korra Book 2 is a struggle to get through compared to the rest of the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom