• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This is the chance to remove those who are abusing their power. Those who are righteous in this situation can rebuild and ensure that this may never happen again

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Korra Book 2 is a struggle to get through compared to the rest of the series
The first season is the best, maybe even peaked. The villain was great and they coulda done more interesting things with him but gave him a kinda anticlimatic end

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
The first season is the best, maybe even peaked. The villain was great and they coulda done more interesting things with him but gave him a kinda anticlimatic end
I kinda wish Korra didn't change villains so frequently. I feel Amon could've been the main villain for a while, if not for the whole series.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ngl, if someone told me season 1 was where it peaked, I would’ve never continued the series after that. Season 1 left a bad impression on me and it took me a while to finish the series after watching it. I’d agree with the majority and say season 3 is the best and where it finally started to feel like I’m watching Avatar again.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I kinda wish Korra didn't change villains so frequently. I feel Amon could've been the main villain for a while, if not for the whole series.
I think part of the problem is that, for the first two seasons, they had no way of knowing if the series was going to get renewed or not (season 2 wasn't ordered until the first episode of season 1 aired (at least, I think so - the wording of the article makes it more complicated than it needs to be), and by that point, they likely had a roadmap of what was going to happen in the season, at the very least - not sure how far in advance episodes are made), so they had to make the ending of those two seasons feel like an ending for the series as a whole. I assume that wasn't the case for seasons 3 and 4, though I believe season 4 was aired almost entirely (if not entirely) online for no apparent reason.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
They could’ve done so much more with Amon but he just felt no different from other social reform villains in media like V, the way they handled the whole bender/non-bender conflict itself is pretty half baked and just gets dropped by the end of the season.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
My heart sank when I saw Nairo and Keitaro trending on Twitter. I can't even look at their old videos now without feeling disgusted.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They could’ve done so much more with Amon but he just felt no different from other social reform villains in media like V, the way they handled the whole bender/non-bender conflict itself is pretty half baked and just gets dropped by the end of the season.
Can I just say that one of the things that always bothered me about Avatar was how much training it took to be able to bend and yet it was still a bloodline superpower instead of something everyone could learn if they put in the time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, the account that exposed Keitaro is saying that Anti isn't clean either.

If that's true, then the big pillars of the Brawl days are done. I think it's just Esam left if it's true.
Because the parents would most likely disapprove of such an idea. If it was legal Nairo would not have gone to such extremes to keep it under wraps
If they're too young to leave their house, they're too young to date. Idk why some of these Smash players have such a hard time following that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Can I just say that one of the things that always bothered me about Avatar was how much training it took to be able to bend and yet it was still a bloodline superpower instead of something everyone could learn if they put in the time.
I get what you’re saying but I mean you still needed a lot of training to control and hone that power, it’s not like they knew how to master it from birth. Look at Katara at the beginning compared to the end of the series. They treat it as like a martial arts in that certain stances and maneuvers in conjunction make the bending more effective than just flailing around hoping for the best.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I get what you’re saying but I mean you still needed a lot of training to control and hone that power, it’s not like they knew how to master it from birth. Look at Katara at the beginning compared to the end of the series. They treat it as like a martial arts in that certain stances and maneuvers in conjunction make the bending more effective than just flailing around hoping for the best.
That’s my problem. Anyone can learn martial arts. But you can’t learn to bend unless you have special blood.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Genuinely ****ing livid. Zack's been ****ing ***** by 2 prominent players, suffered a significantly harsher ban for rigging matches and all the ****ing harassment he got for playing Bayo in Smash 4. The community has ****ing failed him

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That’s my problem. Anyone can learn martial arts. But you can’t learn to bend unless you have special blood.
Ehh, I don’t really see how the story could’ve been made better from this change.

In fact I think it would’ve ruined how powerful these abilities would be if everyone had the capacity to have access to them.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Genuinely ****ing livid. Zack's been ****ing ***** by 2 prominent players, suffered a significantly harsher ban for rigging matches and all the ****ing harassment he got for playing Bayo in Smash 4. The community has ****ing failed him
I genuinely want to kick a hole into a wall or something right now. I can't believe I gave money to this guy for months while he was doing this.

Last edited:

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
Atla is great. Still a good watch. Korra. Not so much. Aged like milk.
The problem with Korra is that the quality was inconsistent. Book 1 and Book 3 were the highlights of the series for me and it was only because the antagonists were actually well written.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
se
season 3 and 4 were good imo as well. season 2 was so weak because of the nonsense nickelodeon was doing behind the scenes.
as for ATLA i find book 1 very slow and dull. and ATLA ddnt become the elite show we remember until the back end of book 2. korra had issue sbecuas the writers got told different things.
korra book 1 "write a mini-series standalone. there will be no followup
korra book 2 sorry changed our mind write a sequel standalone with no guarantee of a sequel book.
korra book 3 yeah... we are gonna need two more books to be written
korra book 4 yeah the show isnt gonna air on tv anymore. we will show it online.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In slightly less ****ty news, Black Panther: Panther's Quest was a really sick comic book arc. It had mostly everything thing I liked about 80's Marvel. A personal story mixed with something larger, dark, but not overly edgy. Sick art, over the top action and yet a lot of slow burn moments.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I got to the point in chapter 5 of Sakura wars where seijuro gets drunk and that was one of the funniest things I've seen in an rpg.

This has to have been posted before, but I'm sure others missed it as well.
I would approve.

Too bad Kratos isn’t like that anymore so said arguments wouldn’t convince him anymore.
Who cares about timeline placement in smash? Just pull him from the early games.

Nixondough

Smash Rookie
So I was doing an essay on the Smash community when this mass cleansing started. I need interviews for the essay and I want to mention all this new info coming out, but I don't want to reopen wounds with my interviews. Any suggestions?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like it peaked at Book 3, but Book 4 carried itself quite well (too bad it took Korra and Asami years to get that kiss)
The only thing that kept me watching the series during that time was Varrick.
Varrick was a god practically
Amon made sense since it was meant to be a miniseries, and thank god we ditched her worthless uncle...but Zaheer
I think part of the problem is that, for the first two seasons, they had no way of knowing if the series was going to get renewed or not (season 2 wasn't ordered until the first episode of season 1 aired (at least, I think so - the wording of the article makes it more complicated than it needs to be), and by that point, they likely had a roadmap of what was going to happen in the season, at the very least - not sure how far in advance episodes are made), so they had to make the ending of those two seasons feel like an ending for the series as a whole. I assume that wasn't the case for seasons 3 and 4, though I believe season 4 was aired almost entirely (if not entirely) online for no apparent reason.
they weren’t expecting a damn thing like 3 book renewals. Also the last 6 episodes of Book 3 and all of Book 4 were put online last minute since it was getting darker...and to make space for other Nicktoons (they could’ve put the episodes on Nicktoons tbh, like what they did to the Apocalypse finale and Halloween episodes of TMNT 2012)
season 3 and 4 were good imo as well. season 2 was so weak because of the nonsense nickelodeon was doing behind the scenes.
as for ATLA i find book 1 very slow and dull. and ATLA ddnt become the elite show we remember until the back end of book 2. korra had issue sbecuas the writers got told different things.
korra book 1 "write a mini-series standalone. there will be no followup
korra book 2 sorry changed our mind write a sequel standalone with no guarantee of a sequel book.
korra book 3 yeah... we are gonna need two more books to be written
korra book 4 yeah the show isnt gonna air on tv anymore. we will show it online.
I get Korra was getting darker during Book 3, but idk why Nick decided to move the show online DURING the season...and barely advertised the season on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom