• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
So a regressionist?

Was probably dropped as a kid. Hundreds of times to become that much of an ass.

And hating everything. Like man, I've been watching some freakouts against people of colour and sexuality recently and then are wrecked to the head.

What are they so afraid of? You're alive and live in a first world country. All of us have a better hand than billions of people technological wise if you use a computer.

And also crashing a forum about games is pretty petty to say the least.
Dude would literally tweet at trans people saying how being trans is bad and how it's unhealthy and what not, even replied to that "Daisy says no to trans rights" tweet saying "based"

Dude will go after anything he hates

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dude would literally tweet at trans people saying how being trans is bad and how it's unhealthy and what not, even replied to that "Daisy says no to trans rights" tweet saying "based"

I think I know who you're talking about, and I'm honestly more surprised that he's STILL going at it.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I think I know who you're talking about, and I'm honestly more surprised that he's STILL going at it.
To be fair he's been banned from Twitter for a while so idk if he's still up to being a terrible person but it wouldn't surprise me one bit

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Who's she and what other roles has she been in? Never heard of her before.
Margot Robbie's roles include portrayals of Tonya Harding in I Tonya and Sharon Tate in Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Her most well known role is Harley Quinn in the DCEU films Suicide Squad and the Birds of Prey.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A nazi who got permabanned recently has a grudge with Rayman fans since one clapped back hard when the nazi went "lol the Rayman twitter guy hates me because I don't like Rayman" and the dude not only tweeted multiple examples of the guy being an awful person and went "No I hate you because you're an awful person". Dude even made one of the most blatant alt accounts today

I'm starting to feel like several different users are being mixed up here. (at least, I'm 90% sure that these posts are talking about two different people, though I don't pay much attention to Twitter)

Regardless, if there's any evidence that points to someone blatantly making an alt account to evade a ban, feel free to contact the mods or admins; if it's as blatant as you say, they'll be banned as soon as possible. It's probably best to take it to a private message to avoid this turning into a witch hunt/angry internet mob, just to be on the safe side.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Finally gonna get to play rehydrated tomorrow yay
I'm celebrating by listening to the soundtrack, this song is the best one

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I'm starting to feel like several different users are being mixed up here. (at least, I'm 90% sure that these posts are talking about two different people, though I don't pay much attention to Twitter)

Regardless, if there's any evidence that points to someone blatantly making an alt account to evade a ban, feel free to contact the mods or admins; if it's as blatant as you say, they'll be banned as soon as possible. It's probably best to take it to a private message to avoid this turning into a witch hunt/angry internet mob, just to be on the safe side.
Idk bout the new alt account cause I didn't look into it but I can assure the Twitter account I'm talking about was definitely smashchu lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It might get veto'd for all we know.
Senate is Repub majority, judging by the House vote it's unlikely to pass there anyway. Plus Mitch McConnell has been deliberately ignoring several bills sent to the Senate by the House, so that Dem opponents in elections don't have Republican voting records from this Congress to point to.

Also my understanding is that statehood requires an amendment and can't be done just with a bill.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh man what did I walk into, I didn't even read the page.

If users have information regarding suspected alternate accounts or malicious behavior toward our site, please report that privately (PM me or utilize the Staff Help Forums). It's both more helpful because it gets seen/read by the right people and also prevents threads designed for socializing from derailing.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And just when I got into an anime mood I go out.
Was planning on watching a bit of Re Zero and Humanity has Declined but moody.
And my brain can't think words today.

Senate is Repub majority, judging by the House vote it's unlikely to pass there anyway. Plus Mitch McConnell has been deliberately ignoring several bills sent to the Senate by the House, so that Dem opponents in elections don't have Republican voting records from this Congress to point to.

Also my understanding is that statehood requires an amendment and can't be done just with a bill.
As someone who follows US politics from time to time that ain't passing anytime.
I've my own prediction of the country next few years wise but I'll leave it for another day.

Its weird meeting politicians. Just saying.

Shroob

Sup?
I've never played TLoU2, but at least according to my friends, it's:

"Not a game for the Left, because it has a lot of gross implications and extremely questionable/skeevy scenes."
"Not a game for the Right, because it deals with stuff the Right hates."
"So it's kinda Centrist."

That's about all I know. I know Asia ****ing despises the game from what I've heard. I've seen on a lot of Asian community groups that they've made it a joke that "If you don't pull your weight in 'X' game, you have to stream a full playthrough for us." as a type of penalty game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just got my first campsite visitor in AC:NH.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
869-love.png

Well, she's fully trained! I got her in a Love Ball. Can't be happier.

Think I'm gonna change her to Modest instead of Timid and go the bulky route with Sp.Att and HP.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've never played TLoU2, but at least according to my friends, it's:

"Not a game for the Left, because it has a lot of gross implications."
"Not a game for the Right, because it deals with stuff the Right hates."
"So it's kinda Centrist."

That's about all I know. I know Asia ****ing despises the game from what I've heard. I've seen on a lot of Asian community groups that they've made it a joke that "If you don't pull your weight in 'X' game, you have to stream a full playthrough for us."
I played through all of TLOU2. Other than having LGBT representation, it's not particularly liberal of a game from my perspective. Which I guess is enough for some people to consider it a highly liberal game.
Like the first game, it is set in a post-apocalyptic society and thus doesn't provide any commentary on economic systems. There aren't really "governments" either. Numerous militant factions, some of which religious in nature, exist like in the first game. It does a good job of showing both the pros and cons of each rather than blanket describing any of them as bad or righteous. That part isn't very different than, say, Halo 2's story.

I'd be curious about the gross implications your friends mention.

Shroob

Sup?
I played through all of TLOU2. Other than having LGBT representation, it's not particularly liberal of a game from my perspective. Which I guess is enough for some people to consider it a highly liberal game.
Like the first game, it is set in a post-apocalyptic society and thus doesn't provide any commentary on economic systems. There aren't really "governments" either. Numerous militant factions, some of which religious in nature, exist like in the first game. It does a good job of showing both the pros and cons of each rather than blanket describing any of them as bad or righteous. That part isn't very different than, say, Halo 2's story.

I think the main thing they really don't like is

The writer's OC and the sex scene between that one girl. I don't know **** about the series, but they find it extremely creepy and skeevy. I've also heard that they consider the LGBT representation as token and not done well, but I haven't really looked too deep. My friends are STRICT Left, so they're extremely tough on **** they think is poor representation.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The writer's OC and the sex scene between that one girl. I don't know **** about the series, but they find it extremely creepy and skeevy. I've also heard that they consider the LGBT representation as token and not done well, but I haven't really looked too deep. My friends are STRICT Left, so they're extremely tough on **** they think is poor representation.
Not 100% sure what you mean by OC but I think you're talking about the in-game trading card that has Neil Druckmann's likeness. I can only imagine this came about in development/was suggested by others on the team. It is such a small part of the game in any case, and many players miss it.

There's one sex scene, it is a bit abrupt but I didn't really see an issue with it? The relationship between those two characters is very important to establish motivations for other actions in the game.

I found the lesbian & bisexual representation to be in good taste. I found myself rooting for their success, and becoming emotionally invested in the outcome of that relationship.

I'm not transgender so I will not speak for that group, but I personally found it to be well done (but have seen a couple people express distaste for it). All of the named characters were supportive of that character. The character was even cast w a transgender actor. There are a couple details that I could see as being a problem though.

Shroob

Sup?
Not 100% sure what you mean by OC but I think you're talking about the in-game trading card that has Neil Druckmann's likeness. I can only imagine this came about in development/was suggested by others on the team. It is such a small part of the game in any case, and many players miss it.

There's one sex scene, it is a bit abrupt but I didn't really see an issue with it? The relationship between those two characters is very important to establish motivations for other actions in the game.

I found the lesbian & bisexual representation to be in good taste. I found myself rooting for their success, and becoming emotionally invested in the outcome of that relationship.

I'm not transgender so I will not speak for that group, but I personally found it to be well done (but have seen a couple people express distaste for it). All of the named characters were supportive of that character. The character was even cast w a transgender actor. There are a couple details that I could see as being a problem though.
The dude who, I think Abby? has sex with, the general consensus is that he's the writer's OC on social media. That's what I've seen at least, and they find it hella skeevy.

I have no desire to learn about the series, nor do I really wanna rile up their anger by asking more, so I just let sleeping dogs lie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Just tell them that all the trans people probably offer themselves thanks to uncureable dysphoria and then they’ll probably love it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just bought the last Yuri Lowell nendo figure from playasia, this will go great next to my Sora nendoroid as they sit behind the characterrs that git into smash

I think the main thing they really don't like is

Boom that's exactly, everybody agrees that this game feels way too mean spirited on that front. That and the golf game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The dude who, I think Abby? has sex with, the general consensus is that he's the writer's OC on social media. That's what I've seen at least, and they find it hella skeevy.

I have no desire to learn about the series, nor do I really wanna rile up their anger by asking more, so I just let sleeping dogs lie.
This is pretty unsubstantiated imo. The character that looks most similarly to the co-writer isn't even the one who sleeps with Abby.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, normally I play ARMS offline for fun. But I just finished my first run of games online. Got to Rank 3 real quick. And played a ton of Party Matches. For the most part, Party matches are fun as hell. But I have like 2 major complaints about it.

1. Most games are only 1 round.
2. Winning too much(which is apparently 3 games in a row, according to the game)gives you less health.

Either way, the game is pretty fun. And Misango is still my main, once I got used to the controls again, I was running fades.

Saw a LOT of Spring-Mans, Spring-Trons, Min-Mins, Ninjaras and a few Ribbon Girls. Surprisingly not much of Twintelle and Max Brass.

Spring-Tron, for the couple games I tried him, is kind of Unga-Bunga with the AOE burst.

Shroob

Sup?
This is pretty unsubstantiated imo. The character that looks most similarly to the co-writer isn't even the one who sleeps with Abby.
That's just what I've heard.

I've been told I was acting "Alt-Right" for not being upset about the game, so I just don't say a damn thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That's just what I've heard.

I've been told I was acting "Alt-Right" for not being upset about the game, so I just don't say a damn thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Genuinely starting to think that the so called "alt right" isn't a real thing and its just a buzzword for "things I don't like or want to understand"

Speaking from experience here, that happens to me all the time.

Shroob

Sup?
Genuinely starting to think that the so called "alt right" isn't a real thing and its just a buzzword for "things I don't like or want to understand"

Speaking from experience here, that happens to me all the time.
It does exist, trust me, I live in a small country town that would love nothing more than to ban all LGBT people from its borders, but it also feels like it gets tossed around a lot when it doesn't apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom