• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
E3 2020 was planned for 9th - 11th of June, right? So we could get that Arms fighter next week!

That being said I legit hope they don't do the whole series first thing again.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Isabelle is not a good example. She may not be as big as she is in Japan, but she still carries a lot of popularity in the west and even ignoring that Animal Crossing is a highly successful series that does well across the globe. She nor her series are anywhere near Mortal Kombat's struggles in Japan and they're nowhere near comparable.

And really, that's the big thing with Mortal Kombat. Unlike most of these examples (only Dark Samus is similar, and she's an Echo so she got in by being easier to add) it struggles in Japan whereas the others at least have some notable presence outside of their market. Dragon Quest for instance has sold a million at least for some of its entries including the recent Dragon Quest 11, Banjo actually did well in Japan and the original sold over 400K there, King of Fighters was a notable feature of arcades even if it wasn't quite to the level of Street Fighter, and so on and so forth. Mortal Kombat by comparison struggles to sell much in Japan and sometimes doesn't even get released there, with the most recent entry (XI) skipping it entirely. So Japan's lack of familiarity with it is a hurdle that it'd have to jump if it has any hope of getting a character in, and it should be kept in mind when talking about it.
Sure. It's a hurdle. But it's not a disqualifier.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Late night post. Probably too tired to post with good judgement. But hot take.

As a fan of the golden age of animation, I can’t stand Hannah barbera. The studio came in on the tales end of it yet everyone insists we have to count them despite making their name primarily outside of it. If anything, they’re the ones who killed the golden age with their limited animation and their copy paste cartoons.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
E3 2020 was planned for 9th - 11th of June, right? So we could get that Arms fighter next week!

Call it bias because I took June 9th off of work (had nothing else to use my PTO for), but I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement on Monday for a reveal on Tuesday; not unlike Pokemon DLC news last week. The Pokemon Company isn't new to releasing news in advance of Directs (which we're probably not getting but you know what I mean). Granted anything could happen given everything that's been going on in the world.

If they get Sakurai on camera again I would fully expect it if they thought it was necessary for Byleth. I kind of hope they do personally, as I'm not the most well versed on ARMS/haven't played it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Today I learned there is actually a genus of pterosaur named after the pokemon Aerodactyl, named Aerodactylus. It only has one known species though, this cute little guy, Aerodactylus scolopaciceps.
He was a really tiny boi though, about the size of a small bird.

I guess that's why they call it a pocket monster.

Anyway this has been your daily reminder that scientists are nerds.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Today I learned there is actually a genus of pterosaur named after the pokemon Aerodactyl, named Aerodactylus. It only has one known species though, this cute little guy, Aerodactylus scolopaciceps.
It looks like it just learned to fly and so happy about it and now on its way to show off to its mother.

D

Deleted member

Good morning friends!!!!❤

And woah, my Wii Menu post blew up with likes. Thank you all so much!!!

D

Deleted member

Yo friends!!! What happens when you take the DQ8 Hero, give him a Samus arm canon, Jet Jaguar's legs and a four on his shirt?

You get this cool fan art a Discord user known as Tipper made for me!!!

unknown-13.png

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Thank you so much Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom !!!!! ❤❤

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yo friends!!! What happens when you take the DQ8 Hero, give him a Samus arm canon, Jet Jaguar's legs and a four on his shirt?

You get this cool fan art a Discord user known as Tipper made for me!!!

View attachment 274089

Thank you so much Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom !!!!! ❤❤
Oh right...... those are European TV shows. I always felt there was something different about Totally Spies and Code Lyoko :yoshi:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If Classic Mode's level structure was reworked slightly in a hypothetical Special Edition, how would you react if this was the layout:

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Bonus Game:
either Brawl-style Target Test or Home-Run Contest
Round 5
Round 6
Round 7
Round 8
Round 9
Bonus Game:
Race to the Finish
Final Round

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
???

You do realize Banjo is really popular in Japan right?
Where was this information during speculation? Why was I bombarded with “he’s a nothing in Japan” every day?

what do you mean by “whole series first thing”?

But if you’re right...... please be right.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
what do you mean by “whole series first thing”?

But if you’re right...... please be right.
I think they mean "the next fighter is... from [insert series/company here]!" Depending on the series or company, it could get rough, especially if it's another three-month-long guessing game.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The sun is nice and warm today.
Meanwhile I get crappy weather again...Yay...:glare:
Where was this information during speculation? Why was I bombarded with “he’s a nothing in Japan” every day?
I recall plenty of Japanese gamers being excited for Banjo given YouTube reactions.

This as well.

https://legendsoflocalization.com/what-do-japanese-fans-think-of-banjo-kazooie-in-smash-bros/

Also as mentioned the first game sold very well there.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo. Harada retweeted my redraw of the Tekken 3 cover. So far, that, The MMX8 redraw and that one Shantae sketch are the most popular drawings I posted on Twitter. Building an audience is pretty hard though. But I'll keep working at it.

We move.

D

Deleted member

Yo. Harada retweeted my redraw of the Tekken 3 cover. So far, that, The MMX8 redraw and that one Shantae sketch are the most popular drawings I posted on Twitter. Building an audience is pretty hard though. But I'll keep working at it.

We move.
Congrats for the Harada retweet good friend!!!! ❤

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, finally finished this character's design. His name is Cyril but I just call him "Ew furry man"
1591539630709.png

I wanted to try something I hadn't really done before, so I tried experimenting with a completely diffirent vibe for this lad. Mainly based his appearence off of the character designs in A Hat in Time's Nyakuza Metro DLC since I like those designs and I wanted to do somethin' like that. In turn it makes him look a lot more edgy than his personality is and his personality is just 60% Peter B. Parker but eh.
AndreaAC AndreaAC

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just heard that the new HBO Looney Tunes cartoons will not have any guns, including for Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam.

I was interested in giving this series a chance but this isn't helping at all.
From what I saw of it, it's a pretty nice series with mostly really good animation. Only the occasional puppet movement for the arms seems kind of weird.

I do find the gun thing a little lame though. But Western Cartoons for the longest time kind of backdashed away from them. Y'know like Laser guns. Unless it was a Gun PSA.
I wonder if it's due to how MK plays.

It's soo different feeling than most traditional 2D fighters.
I'd say it'd probably be more so the fact the heave amounts of altering the new MK games might need. I don't know if giving everyone green blood would be enough. Also, not every Western game does super well, it took Spider-Man PS4 to dethrone Crash 3 I think.

D

Deleted member

Well, finally finished this character's design. His name is Cyril but I just call him "Ew furry man"
View attachment 274092
I wanted to try something I hadn't really done before, so I tried experimenting with a completely diffirent vibe for this lad. Mainly based his appearence off of the character designs in A Hat in Time's Nyakuza Metro DLC since I like those designs and I wanted to do somethin' like that. In turn it makes him look a lot more edgy than his personality is and his personality is just 60% Peter B. Parker but eh.
AndreaAC AndreaAC
Now you need to make a parody dub of this with the character:

Jokes aside, really nice work friend!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have a strong feeling the Smash fighter will be shown off this week.

Releasing the same week and revealing the next fighter I'm iffy on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom