• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

>When you get two notifications but It turns out to be an user who got their post glitched/Double posted at once

Z.png

D

Deleted member

You... Turn into Minecraft Steve when this glitch happens?

Man, can’t relate. /s
You see Taylor, there was this inspector. He was called Gadget.

One day his niece Penny got an experiment wrong and turned him into a Minecrafter.

Now he's called Minecraft Gadget.

Funniest **** I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so...Arms is probably gonna sell some more copies and make Nintendo some more money

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hey SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 since you’re pretty big on guest characters, wanna help me come up with or decide on guest characters for my Sonic fighting game ideas just for fun? I have my definite choices here:
NiGHTS
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Mega Man

And I came up with a few others that I haven’t fully decided on yet, couple are a bit unorthodox but I think would be kinda fun.
Alex Kidd
Arle Nadja
Pac-Man
Bomberman
Sans (yes seriously)
Ruby Rose

Only ones I’m not really willing to go for are ones that would have to be console exclusive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

so...Arms is probably gonna sell some more copies and make Nintendo some more money

I'm just happy Arms fans finally managed to make their game sell a bit more to guarantee a sequel and a fighter in Smash.

I would like to say they may be happy, but we still need the visual novel.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 since you’re pretty big on guest characters, wanna help me come up with or decide on guest characters for my Sonic fighting game ideas just for fun? I have my definite choices here:
NiGHTS
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Mega Man

And I came up with a few others that I haven’t fully decided on yet, couple are a bit unorthodox but I think would be kinda fun.
Alex Kidd
Arle Nadja
Pac-Man
Bomberman
Sans (yes seriously)
Ruby Rose

Only ones I’m not really willing to go for are ones that would have to be console exclusive.
The problem isn't console exclusivity, it's unequal console exclusivity. The Gamecube and Xbox versions of Soulcalibur 2 had Link and Spawn respectively and that was awesome, but the PS2 version had Heihachi and that was lame in comparison. And what's hilarious is that he was a last minute inclusion because they wanted Cloud, someone who wouldn't have to be limited by consoles anyways.

This standard seems unfairly targeted at Nintendo since neither Sony or Microsoft have the shear amount of first-party IPs to match :yoshi:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The problem isn't console exclusivity, it's unequal console exclusivity. The Gamecube and Xbox versions of Soulcalibur 2 had Link and Spawn respectively and that was awesome, but the PS2 version had Heihachi and that was lame in comparison. And what's hilarious is that he was a last minute inclusion because they wanted Cloud, someone who wouldn't have to be limited by consoles anyways.

This standard seems unfairly targeted at Nintendo since neither Sony or Microsoft have the shear amount of first-party IPs to match :yoshi:
I don’t think I’d be able to pull off equal distribution of that kind of content, and even then, I’m still not interested in including any for personal reasons.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Wh-what am I looking at
-content removed-

When did the redesign Porygon
Why did they redesign Porygon
Why is Google showing me this
Help me

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don’t think I’d be able to pull off equal distribution of that kind of content, and even then, I’m still not interested in including any for personal reasons.
Soulcalibur 2 is the soul (no pun intended) reason why I have no negative perception of console exclusivity. I wouldn't have cared one bit about that game if it didn't have Link. And keep in mind that I did have a PS2 and played a lot of Tekken 3 at the time. There's my "personal reasons" why I would add them :yoshi:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's my Redraw Game Box Art. I had to do the challenge with Tekken 3 cause it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Hope you guys like it, cause it is honestly my favorite drawing in like the past 2 months. Which is saying a lot cause I've been getting my groove back.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Soulcalibur 2 is the soul (no pun intended) reason why I have no negative perception of console exclusivity. I wouldn't have cared one bit about that game if it didn't have Link. And keep in mind that I did have a PS2 and played a lot of Tekken 3 at the time. There's my "personal reasons" why I would add them :yoshi:
Soulcalibur II didn’t have online let alone cross platform play until the HD port where they put the two non-Link guests in both versions. You just really like to argue with me about menial stuff don’t you? If you’re not gonna contribute anything to the initial point of the post, please just drop this.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It wasn't that he wasn't that famous (he regularly had multiple comics released AND was a consistent member of the Avengers), it was just that Spider-Man and X-Men took up SOOOOO much mainstream attention in TV, video games and movies. Even the Hulk who had a show in the 70s would get sidelined :yoshi:
Hulk Ultimate Destruction hits though. Great game if you never played it.

Though yeah, for the longest time, Iron-Man and Thor were B-Listers compared to Spider-Man/X-Men/Hulk/Fantastic Four. Though I guess to a certain extent, the X-Men are still A-listers. Spider-Man's not getting truly dethroned anytime soon. The series to keep you shook is GotG being popular.

D

Deleted member

⚠ WARNING-HEALTH AND SAFETY

BEFORE PLAYING, READ YOUR OPERATIONS
MANUAL FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION
ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY.

Press Ⓐ to continue.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Darth Vader is my favourite Bandai Namco fighting Game character.
Making Vader and Yoda semi-exclusive to the PS3 and 360 versions of SC4 was so ****ing wack. Guess they really wanted that extra revenue from buying them separately on the other system.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Soulcalibur II didn’t have online let alone cross platform play until the HD port where they put the two non-Link guests in both versions. You just really like to argue with me about menial stuff don’t you?
Yeah. that's fair.

What isn't fair is that this excludes a giant swath of IPs due to a technicality. And you certainly don't consider it menial if it's such a hard-line rule you consistently follow.

(also, The Wonderful 101 is co-owned by Nintendo/Platinum Games and guess which platforms that is on now...) :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
NiGHTS
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Mega Man

Alex Kidd
Arle Nadja
Pac-Man
Bomberman
Sans (yes seriously)
Ruby Rose

Well, you could just make the game Switch Exclusive so Mario can be in it. Arle is probably a definite character.

Something that I would love is if characters who are usually human would be redone as Sonic style animals. Joker as a Jackyll, Segata Sanshiro as a Rhino. And in that case I would love to see Bayonetta just to have her as an animal.

In anything SEGA related I will always suggest MK because of their relationship with SEGA in the beginning.

GameFreak's Pulseman is owned by SEGA and would be a great out of nowhere throwback.

Just off the top of my head.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Can I get some advice? I’m trying to replay every main Ace Attorney game (and the ones I haven’t played). I don’t have my DS anymore, and my only consoles are a Switch and a Wii U. As far as I know, I can only play Apollo Justice on a ds or on my phone. Is there any other way to play it? I really don’t want to play it on my phone and don’t want to get a new console for it.

Shroob

Sup?
Can I get some advice? I’m trying to replay every main Ace Attorney game (and the ones I haven’t played). I don’t have my DS anymore, and my only consoles are a Switch and a Wii U. As far as I know, I can only play Apollo Justice on a ds or on my phone. Is there any other way to play it? I really don’t want to play it on my phone and don’t want to get a new console for it.
I mean yes

But you may not like the answer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like a lot of games in the N64/PS1 era are overrated. Not to say their bad, in fact, many are still good, but a lot of them really didn't age the best.

Now Gamecube/PS2 era? Inject that into my veins.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. 6th Generation consoles are the GOAT generation. PS2/Gamecube/X-Box/Dreamcast/GBA. That's a powerful combo you can't surpass.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah. that's fair.

What isn't fair is that this excludes a giant swath of IPs due to a technicality. And you certainly don't consider it menial if it's such a hard-line rule you consistently follow.

(also, The Wonderful 101 is co-owned by Nintendo/Platinum Games and guess which platforms that is on now...) :yoshi:
I don’t have that many ideas for games that would be on multiple platforms and I wasn’t planning on including a ton of them anyway, plus it’s not like exclusive characters are that common nowadays. If you don’t have any suggestions or anything to contribute to the initial point of that post, please drop the subject.

Well, you could just make the game Switch Exclusive so Mario can be in it. Arle is probably a definite character.

Something that I would love is if characters who are usually human would be redone as Sonic style animals. Joker as a Jackyll, Segata Sanshiro as a Rhino. And in that case I would love to see Bayonetta just to have her as an animal.

In anything SEGA related I will always suggest MK because of their relationship with SEGA in the beginning.

GameFreak's Pulseman is owned by SEGA and would be a great out of nowhere throwback.

Just off the top of my head.

Ehh, I don’t wanna limit the game to one console audience, plus with some of the stuff I have in mind, Mario might not be the best fitting guest.

I’m not sure if that would really work and would feel out of nowhere, especially since there are a few human like characters already like Eggman, Erazor Djinn and Merlina. Though this reminds me that I did also have Terry Bogard as an option that I forgot to list and I think it’d be funny if similar to SNK Heroines, he ends up becoming a Sonic style wolf and it would happen to only him.

Not sure about MK or even Bayonetta (depending on how they go about her, just because Smash made her work doesn’t mean everyone can) but I’ll look into Pulseman though

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
gonna have to say that NES is prolly my least favourite.
Pretty much the opposite for me. NES is my favorite. lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know why, but I just remembered Nappa's Super Move in Budokai 3.

"HE'S STILL ALIVE......NOW THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom