• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know that (heck it’s my argument for including Goku). I just..... really don’t want Waluigi. That’s the floodgate I don’t want. Especially when there are only 6 spots left.
I mean, I also don't want Waluigi but it's not like picking a random ARMS character over Spring Man will skyrocket his chances.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also, I got my third room for my house and IDK how to set it up right now. I think I want it to be a bathroom. I think I got all that I need to make one.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just found something really impressive, someone managed to recreate every character in Smash Ultimate's roster via AC: New Horizons!

Now THAT is dedication. They all look so adorable. Gotta love the ones that are the characters I have as mains. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm now at a 2 star rating in New Horizons. Isabelle says I need more flowers. How many do you actually need? Cause I have a lot right now.
One flower equals one point.

And unlike trees you can plant those unlimitedly. I think if you have more then like 160 trees your island loses points due to clutter.

You can’t have no more then 15 items I believe it is on the ground or you lose points. However you can place items on tables and stuff like that and it wont count as being on the ground.

Every bridge or incline is worth points as it gives villagers better ways to get around the island. Paths and exterior decorating help too.

But ultimately you could put down endless flowers and get five stars as they will always increase your score.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've apparently been experiencing this weird Mandela effect for the past 6 years or so where I was under the impression that the ugly white Outline that paper Mario has was introduced in Sticker star, I was just looking at my 3DS collection and noticed that nope, that wasn't in that game, that was either Color splash or Paper Jam that introduced it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I also don't want Waluigi but it's not like picking a random ARMS character over Spring Man will skyrocket his chances.
I know. It's more for the state of speculation than anything else. If it's Spring Man, then everyone everywhere on the internet will be all #WhensWaluigi and it will annoy the everlasting crap out of me.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This works way more then I expected:
I can't help but be mildly offended at comparing Thanos to the Police, seeing as a good chunk of my family are either police or military.

Also Captain America would never willingly destroy a local business owner's private property for no good reason.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This works way more then I expected:
I really want to see this scene parodied in a Marvel vs. Capcom game. Use it to re-introduce the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and other lost favorites.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
20200607_152436.jpg

This is the price we pay for getting Dixie and Funky.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can't help but be mildly offended at comparing Thanos to the Police, seeing as a good chunk of my family are either police or military.

Also Captain America would never willingly destroy a local business owner's private property for no good reason.
You do know most of the property damage is being caused by opportunists using the protest as an excuse.

And sure, the Thanos comparison is a tad harsh..... but considering the state of events.... it's warented.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Fully this:

You do know most of the property damage is being caused by opportunists using the protest as an excuse.

And sure, the Thanos comparison is a tad harsh..... but considering the state of events.... it's warented.
protestors and looters are not the same thing. It’s what the media wants to you to think but just as using Thanos would be unfair to people with cops in their families, it’s just as unfair to call protestors looters when they arent

I really want to see this scene parodied in a Marvel vs. Capcom game. Use it to re-introduce the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and other lost favorites.
Would be cool although we don’t really get crazy cutscenes like that in those game. I still hope we get a new entry soon though.
Dude.

The cheapest incline is 90k.

I need to make some kind of bell farm. ._.
If you want easy money, craft a lot of bait. Don’t fish In the ocean with your bait( only fish in the ocean if you see a shark).
The river is more profitable right now, especially at early mornings(6 to 9am). As the dorodo, araphirma or however it’s spelled, and one other fish I believe in the river sells for good money.

They are catchable at night and early morning, as well as starting at 4pm. Only problem is other fish will lower those odds in each time slot except 6am to 9am.

So bring lots of bait either way. Alternatively if you aren’t using Nook Miles, I learned that the Godzilla Statue sells for 20k so you can make a few good bells there for every 5000 nook miles

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fully this:

protestors and looters are not the same thing. It’s what the media wants to you to think but just as using Thanos would be unfair to people with cops in their families, it’s just as unfair to call protestors looters when they arent

Would be cool although we don’t really get crazy cutscenes like that in those game. I still hope we get a new entry soon though.

If you want easy money, craft a lot of bait. Don’t fish In the ocean with your bait( only fish in the ocean if you see a shark).
The river is more profitable right now, especially at early mornings(6 to 9am). As the dorodo, araphirma or however it’s spelled, and one other fish I believe in the river sells for good money.

They are catchable at night and early morning, as well as starting at 4pm. Only problem is other fish will lower those odds in each time slot except 6am to 9am.

So bring lots of bait either way. Alternatively if you aren’t using Nook Miles, I learned that the Godzilla Statue sells for 20k so you can make a few good bells there for every 5000 nook miles
i meant for like a trailer

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, a lot of people said Byleth and Terry would be boring choices and they still got in. There is a difference between "I'm not a fan of this character" and "therefore they won't be added".
People do this all the time.

I THINK it'll be multiple characters via costumes. But ****** get waaaaay overconfident in their choices. Seen it for Min-Min, Spring-Man and so on. No way in hell am I putting 100% stock in any one choice. Even the SNK stuff I figured Kyo had just as much of a chance as Terry. And that Haohmaru was a dark horse.

I know that (heck it’s my argument for including Goku). I just..... really don’t want Waluigi. That’s the floodgate I don’t want. Especially when there are only 6 spots left.
That's honestly kind of a ****ty attitude. Like, for all we know, we can potentially get a dozen of iconic and cool characters out of a supposed "death sentence" for this game and maybe future titles, but your "Ew Waluigi" mood while ignoring literally everything else, even characters you outright admit you like. That's dumb. Just root for the guys you like instead of focusing on literally the one you don't. That's the most Negative Nancy Karen **** ever. No one should vibe like that.

I don't feel too strongly about Waluigi in Smash and I can probably name 20 other characters I want instead. And I sure as hell don't want Ashley. But Bomberman would be dope. So find your Bomberman. Root for Isaac or Krystal or something.

I'm rooting for Spring-Man cause I like his design quite a bit and he's got enough gimmicks to make him cool.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People who are looting probably aren't protestors.

People who are throwing projectiles at police officers and burning police offices however...let's not try to deny it. Sometimes people can get carried away when trying to stand for a cause they believe in and go to far.

I'm supportive of peaceful protests, for they record. I've even had family who's taken part of these protests. The system needs to be fixed and racism is abundent in the police force, but let's not generalize all officers as racist murder-conspirators and all protesters as perfect angels. That's an oversimplification of complicated, real world problems.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

People who are throwing projectiles at police officers and burning police offices however...let's not try to deny it. Sometimes people can get carried away when trying to stand for a cause they believe in and go to far.

I'm supportive of peaceful protests, for they record. I've even had family who's taken part of these protests. The system needs to be fixed and racism is abundent in the police force, but let's not generalize all officers as racist murder-conspirators and all protesters as perfect angels. That's an oversimplification of complicated, real world problems.
Understandable. But I think it's fair to say the people have much more sympathy with frustrated citizens fighting against the racism many of us face, some worse than others. And the cops who are known to abuse their power on multiple occasions and are one of the major sources for such protests popping up.

It's also beyond annoying that two weeks of people having to get desperate and physical has brought about more change than in recent years.

I especially hate it when people tear down local businesses and loot stores, it only hurts our community. I also have mixed feelings about bringing kids to these protests, knowing how potentially dangerous they can be. Kids standing up and helping out sends a powerful message. But I get more worried about kids than I do any adult or animal.

Sorry, I normally don't post about this stuff much. I don't like bringing down the mood.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I swear, I definitely have lost intelligence and weight during lockdown. And having pretty much eaten nothing but pasta, instant noodles and chicken, my diet is screwed.

Still gotta be somewhat positive these days.

Understandable, but I think it's fair to say the people have much more sympathy with frustrated citizens fighting against the racism many of us face, some worse than others. And the cops who are known to abuse their power on multiple occasions and are one of the major sources for such protests popping up.

I especially hate it when people tear down local businesses and loot stores, it only hurts our community.
As someone watching this outside the US, I'm pretty annoyed at seeing it. Some people's businesses that survived the pandemic, only to get burnt down during the riots.

You can tell some people just want to stoke the flames a bit.
And also not going too political but wow are some countries excited at seeing the stuff in the US. I mean China has having a media orgy over it with how much they are showing. Then again, some countries are just as bad as each other in some ways.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In lighter news. I started watching Tiger and Bunny. Kind of a interesting action show so far. I'm 9 episodes in. Tiger's a real *****. I'm glad they have the genuine hero as the lead, rather than make him the dead mentor or something. That's my dude. Bunny's an edgy asshole though.

I swear, I definitely have lost intelligence and weight during lockdown. And having pretty much eaten nothing but pasta, instant noodles and chicken, my diet is screwed.

Still gotta be somewhat positive these days.

As someone watching this outside the US, I'm pretty annoyed at seeing it. Some people's businesses that survived the pandemic, only to get burnt down during the riots.

You can tell some people just want to stoke the flames a bit.
And also not going too political but wow are some countries excited at seeing the stuff in the US. Then again, some countries are just as bad as each other.
Pretty much every nation has its dirt. As a Black/Hispanic dude from the US, I know for a fact America's hands aren't clean. But I've also seen a lot peaceful support as well from other nations. These situations, in both big and small ways can show either the best or worse in some of us.

Honestly, the only support that's shallow is from Big Companies, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Say, I need some advice for something. From yesterday, I've received a whole bunch of cash from my relatives (along with a gift card and a check), and a part of me wanted to invest all my hundred-something dollars into finally getting a Switch. ...BUUUUUT, another part of me wants to invest some of the money into expanding on my personal 3DS library of games. What should I do?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Say, I need some advice for something. From yesterday, I've received a whole bunch of cash from my relatives (along with a gift card and a check), and a part of me wanted to invest all my hundred-something dollars into finally getting a Switch. ...BUUUUUT, another part of me wants to invest some of the money into expanding on my personal 3DS library of games. What should I do?
Switch. Go with the Switch, completely.

It's a smarter long-term investment since the Switch is in while the 3ds has faded out.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What's your 3DS library? And do you like downloading games?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People do this all the time.

I THINK it'll be multiple characters via costumes. But ****** get waaaaay overconfident in their choices. Seen it for Min-Min, Spring-Man and so on. No way in hell am I putting 100% stock in any one choice. Even the SNK stuff I figured Kyo had just as much of a chance as Terry. And that Haohmaru was a dark horse.

That's honestly kind of a ****ty attitude. Like, for all we know, we can potentially get a dozen of iconic and cool characters out of a supposed "death sentence" for this game and maybe future titles, but your "Ew Waluigi" mood while ignoring literally everything else, even characters you outright admit you like. That's dumb. Just root for the guys you like instead of focusing on literally the one you don't. That's the most Negative Nancy Karen **** ever. No one should vibe like that.

I don't feel too strongly about Waluigi in Smash and I can probably name 20 other characters I want instead. And I sure as hell don't want Ashley. But Bomberman would be dope. So find your Bomberman. Root for Isaac or Krystal or something.

I'm rooting for Spring-Man cause I like his design quite a bit and he's got enough gimmicks to make him cool.
I just..... when there are only 5 slots left after Arms.... sighs...... I suppose you're right. I just think about how I would feel if he got in over literally anyone else and I get a little mad. Same with Byleth. And Corrin.

If Spring Man gets in and the result is we get Shovel Knight and Isaac then sure. That's a win. But..... sighs.... I'm just gonna drop it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Pretty much every nation has its dirt. As a Black/Hispanic dude from the US, I know for a fact America's hands aren't clean. But I've also seen a lot peaceful support as well from other nations. These situations, in both big and small ways can show either the best or worse in some of us.

Honestly, the only support that's shallow is from Big Companies, but it is what it is.
Unfortunately with the country part it rings true, even myself being from a pretty neutral place. As a big internationalist though it does make me smile to see people protest.

I mean at the end of the day, it is people attacking others because of basically a pigment or who you love. Those discriminating people are one's who regress humanity.

Go for the Switch or even a Switch Lite.

I'll wait a few years for 3DS library when you'll be able to get some games for pennies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I just caught my first great white shark in new horizons. I was excited, but then I realized that my pockets were stuffed, so I dropped a summer shell to make room for the shark.

Tell that story to anyone else and they would think you've gone mad.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

It sucks seeing people think all cops or people on one political side are bad (instantly assuming such stuff and hating on people even if those people are trying to be respectful and reasonable in their replies and such) when they may not know the full picture and, afaik for cops, they can’t even do anything about those outside their own district/area and shouldn’t be held responsible. Heck some people are even hateful when a cop does try to do something good...but I don’t really know much about the law enforcement dudes, so whatever I guess...

I really wish people would be less accusatory and assuming of people and more understanding/open minded. The world isn’t black and white, it’s a bit more complicated.

As for looters, everything surrounding them is annoying. They’re attacking not only big businesses, but also small family-ran ones that would unlikely be able to “easily replace stuff” as people say. Yeah, lives are more important, yet that doesn’t mean we can’t be concerned about both, and what’s the point in attacking the businesses anyway? They are completely unrelated to the issue. It’s frankly just plain stupid.

I realize looters are separate from the real protestors though, or at least most of them are - I would think they would just be selfish and opportunistic, using the protests as an excuse as if they actually care, trying to blend in with the real protesters - but it’s frickin annoying seeing people online say bullcrap like “it’s a justifiable form of political expression” as if it’s okay or even makes any sense, and some people rioting and looting these places have hurt people, have injured them badly, or have outright taken lives. I don’t condone violence, but they could at least use their brains and actually attack places that make sense to attack if it being a good form of political expression is somehow the case.

Really I don’t see why no one is brainstorming a better way to go about things. I mean, the current peaceful protests are good on their own, but if the riots and stuff are actually treated as okay as some people imply, why can’t they stop those riot stuffs and think more? Why not one huge gathering/peaceful protest across one of the big cities or more? What about a huge online thing, something much bigger than what’s going on currently? All of these sorts of things at once or soon after each other...? I’m sure it’s complicated regarding that as well, idk, but I feel that if people stopped and thought about things, letting themselves have a clear head, they could think of something really big and good...and not violent...yeah, put that rage energy into something good...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided I was in the mood for an episode of Lost Tapes and picked an particular favorite of mine.

Skinwalker.

Man watching it again makes me realize how much I miss this show and wish it would had continued. If by some chance it ever gets rebooted it needs an higher budget and longer (45 minutes at most). Those were probably my only two gripes with the series.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
What's your 3DS library? And do you like downloading games?
Well, this is all the games I have now:
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Moon
Super Mario 3D Land
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Mario Kart 7
Kirby Triple Deluxe
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Miitopia
Dr. Mario Miracle Cure
Wario Land
Wario Land 2
Wario Land 3
BOXBOXBOY!
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Kirby's Star Stacker
Balloon Fight

I'm fine with downloading games digitally, but I've been more catious of how much space will get used on my 2DS' SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom