• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
She also can use two extra arms that she shoots out of her shoulders. Not to mention she invented Headlok so she, more than anyone else, has the right to use him in a Final Smash.
...okay? Just having a **** ton of gimmicks doesn't make you the right fit. The trailer literally gave away the gimmick: Stretchy arms. It's far more likely to be a more simplistic character so they don't have to jam a bunch of extra crap in.

The simplest characters with the most straightforward kits are Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Min Min, Mechanica, and arguably, Max Brass.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The idea that the only gimmuck the ARMS character has is stretchy arms is a really ballsy claim considering the entire ARMS cast had a gimmick. Also really ballsy considering that the trailer straight up said it can be anyone, which means it can be a hella gimmicky character. And we know damn well Sakurai loves putting in gimmicks. Unlikely we might gey an ultra gimmick fest, but I wouldn't write them off. At all.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
June can't come quicker. I want dat der Mario game fer mah Switch! We get at least one every year! C'mon!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The idea that the only gimmuck the ARMS character has is stretchy arms is a really ballsy claim considering the entire ARMS cast had a gimmick. Also really ballsy considering that the trailer straight up said it can be anyone, which means it can be a hella gimmicky character. And we know damn well Sakurai loves putting in gimmicks. Unlikely we might gey an ultra gimmick fest, but I wouldn't write them off. At all.
I do expect a fair amount of gimmicks, but it's not Sakurai choosing the specific character either. Nintendo is. What we don't know is how that'll play out. This makes the mascots fairly likely as is. How Sakurai will deal with anything related to that is another matter. Will he disable the AT when ARMS is played as if Spring Man is one of the playable costumes? Would he change the AT enough to make it Springtron? What about how he'll handle the spirits? Technically no one can equip a spirit just named one name. It'll have to already say Spring Man(ARMS), though frankly I find that argument silly. The Smash character is not the same as the one from their own franchise either way. Yes, technically speaking none of the Spirits of playable characters literally just say Character(Franchise) either, but I don't think that's an issue.

And so on. There's a lot we'll find out on how they'll deal with these things. IMO, I think they're just going to change the name of Spring Man's normal spirit slightly(same with any other ones who would be playable), Spring Man will be disabled if ARMS is selected, and that's kind of it. Simplicity and all.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do expect a fair amount of gimmicks, but it's not Sakurai choosing the specific character either. Nintendo is. What we don't know is how that'll play out. This makes the mascots fairly likely as is. How Sakurai will deal with anything related to that is another matter. Will he disable the AT when ARMS is played as if Spring Man is one of the playable costumes? Would he change the AT enough to make it Springtron? What about how he'll handle the spirits? Technically no one can equip a spirit just named one name. It'll have to already say Spring Man(ARMS), though frankly I find that argument silly. The Smash character is not the same as the one from their own franchise either way. Yes, technically speaking none of the Spirits of playable characters literally just say Character(Franchise) either, but I don't think that's an issue.

And so on. There's a lot we'll find out on how they'll deal with these things. IMO, I think they're just going to change the name of Spring Man's normal spirit slightly(same with any other ones who would be playable), Spring Man will be disabled if ARMS is selected, and that's kind of it. Simplicity and all.
It's just the idea that we don't know. It truly can be anyone on the table. I'm personally expecting/hoping for Min Min, but there's still a possiblity that Nintendo curves us and throws Helix in or something. Which is why I say, don't write anyone off when nobody has been so far.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tycoon is absolutely fun to play...via Persona 5 Royal

Shroob

Sup?
The best part of the ARMs character is the fact we don't know who the **** it is.

We can assume sure, but we just don't know. One person's guess is just as valid as anyone else's.

Shroob

Sup?
It's most likely Springman let's be real here.

That's the one thing I haven't looked up from Royal.
It could be, no denying that, but it could not be.

We just don't know.

My money is absolutely on Springman(With a Ribbon Girl echo), but it's anyone's game at this point.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This could get buried but I need to vent at this minor annoyance.
Been spending time this early morning remembering my programming knowledge to see if I can fix FANDOM's ****ty image loader.

When I want to click on an image, I want to be taken to the image. Not to another ****ing page where I can't find said image.

I mean whatever to it ain't broke don't fix it. Seems like more websites like YouTube are doing if it ain't broke, let's screw it up.

Still hoping for Min-Min.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If I get some money soon, I may consider picking up New Horizons.

A bit bummed that it seems like Time Traveling to events may be dead but, that datamine is juicy as hell.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This'll get buried probably.

This could get buried but I need to vent at this minor annoyance.
Been spending time this early morning remembering my programming knowledge to see if I can fix FANDOM's ****ty image loader.

When I want to click on an image, I want to be taken to the image. Not to another ****ing page where I can't find said image.

I mean whatever to it ain't broke don't fix it. Seems like more websites like YouTube are doing if it ain't broke, let's screw it up.
I bloody hate the FANDOM website.

1587526648774.png

See this is what I bloody expect. This is what I expect from clicking on an image. Straight to it. And this is on a non FANDOM website wiki. And I get to choose the image sizes too!

1587526766418.png

Not this ****ting UI on FANDOM. Seriously if it broke don't fix it. I can't properly find images by category anymore. Instead redirected to a page that doesn't have it half the time.

Just venting here. I'm going to bed shortly.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
not sure if y’all saw this, but...here cause yes
B5914707-58D3-4172-A96B-3B2F9763C792.png

good for Animal Crossing sure...but Persona 5 R really be like that

That's the one thing I haven't looked up from Royal.
You should definitely play it, and check out the Thieves Den in general. It’s absolutely amazing as ****

Shroob

Sup?
Watch that it'll be the obvious being Spring Man. The mascot/protagonist/face always comes first duh.
Even if it is, which is what I'm betting on(Albeit, with an Echo fighter attached), no one could have said with certainty who it'd be. There's no Vergeben saying "It's this" or any picture leak like with Ken, just a vague statement from Nintendo of "Who could it be?!"

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even if it is, which is what I'm betting on(Albeit, with an Echo fighter attached), no one could have said with certainty who it'd be. There's no Vergeben saying "It's this" or any picture leak like with Ken, just a vague statement from Nintendo of "Who could it be?!"
Eventually watch as we near final week or last few that vergeben speaks out of nowhere who it is. ;P

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is Vergeben even alive in the leak scene?

Nintendo out here killing off leakers with legal action or them voluntarily leaving.
The last thing he leaked was Terry, and the leak was so half assed too. It was just basically him saying "yeah, SNK leaked on the website, it's Terry because everyone else is saying it".

Like, I don't think he cares anymore.

Shroob

Sup?
The last thing he leaked was Terry, and the leak was so half assed too. It was just basically him saying "yeah, SNK leaked on the website, it's Terry because everyone else is saying it".

Like, I don't think he cares anymore.
That's not 100% true.

I remember he said during the Byleth presentation, like, as it was airing, the exact lineup of Mii costumes that we'd get, but Gamefaqs was ANGERY over Byleth so they didn't care.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
oh yeah I forgot...do this or else half of the Internet will be erased from history
I can't believe we get around having to increase the Avenger's wages from between $1 and $5 by just calling them heroes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can't believe we get around having to increase the Avenger's wages from between $1 and $5 by just calling them heroes.
Tony won't mind since he's got a company...and is also dead...so he's good with this

osby

Smash Obsessed
oh yeah I forgot...do this or else half of the Internet will be erased from history
This is blatant Captain Marvel erasure so she tags along for free.

Other than that: Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wasp, Ant-Man and Black Panther.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Taking what I said on the SMM2 Thread:

Hey, just remade & reuploaded one of my level, Road in the Sky: Protect Roshi!, so check it out if you can, it's quite short, atleast, if you don't die too much. :p

B3R-PQG-1KG

Going to make some new levels too to put them in the world I'm going to make, and try out all the new goodies ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom