• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay I don't know if this paranoia or what but I think there might be a mouse in my room

I saw something small scurrying around the room both last night and just now but it was out of the corner of my eye so k didn't see what it was properly.
But I've looked up the signs of how you can tell when one's in your home and I don't see any of them here. It's so confusing.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Okay I don't know if this paranoia or what but I think there might be a mouse in my room

I saw something small scurrying around the room both last night and just now but it was out of the corner of my eye so k didn't see what it was properly.
But I've looked up the signs of how you can tell when one's in your home and I don't see any of them here. It's so confusing.
I would nuke that little pest out of reality and existence itself with an ion cannon from space. (and unknowingly rip a hole in the space-time fabric.)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hm. Looking at them so far I highly suspect Lemmy is gonna be paired with Bowser Jr. in a Clown Car all while you're on a Conveyor Belt a lot because that seems like it'll be aggravating. For good measure put a Ludwig in the corner spamming three goddamn magic blasts at you and a Roy who randomly pops in and out of a boss arena through a ceiling.

Oh god Dashie is gonna flip with these updates.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I **** you not, my daily assignment is that I have to complete eighteen fully fledged quizzes in a day. Most of which are duplicates, I might add.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh, I did rant as hell last night.

Been listening to Your Name's Zen Zen Zense theme since waking up. That scene in that film sort of sums what I've been feeling like, confused and tired.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

bro that is my worst fear ever. I remeber zi kept hearing that **** and I was losing so much sleep

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I thought it wasn't possible anything could surpass Teen Titans Go! I was wrong.

ThunderCats Roar...It surpassed my expectations. This show is what I call an abomination and disgrace to the original series.

I'm warning you guys don't even watch the intro. You'll lose brain cells as I have.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is blatant Captain Marvel erasure so she tags along for free.

Other than that: Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wasp, Ant-Man and Black Panther.
Carol is a freebie for everyone
How come War Machine and Quicksilver are lower than Happy, who's greatest accomplishment is clapping Aunt May's cheeks
that’s all you need to be worth more I suppose
Thor, Spider-Man, Groot, Rocket and Falcon.
any team with Spider-Man is the best team
If I thought it wasn't possible anything could surpass Teen Titans Go! I was wrong.

ThunderCats Roar...It surpassed my expectations. This show is what I call an abomination and disgrace to the original series.

I'm warning you guys don't even watch the intro. You'll lose brain cells as I have.
...guess I’ll watch some DC Superheroes or something then

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've watched ThunderCats Roar. Just a fun side thing based loosely upon the original story. Honestly was pretty funny from the bit I saw. I never once considered it meant to be some kind of proper reboot. It's not treated that way. It's a comedy. Just like Teen Titans Go! is(and TTG is actually more faithful to the comics' overall storyline than the old cartoon is, strangely enough).

You want an actual reboot? Look at practically every single TMNT cartoon up to the 3rd cartoon. I can't say anything about Rise of the Ninja Turtles yet. Even the second series overall went beyond the old timeline and do something with tons of characters. The second reboot, which brought back a more interesting version of Rocksteady and Bebop, also reused tons of characters to great effect. RONT from what I can tell focuses a bit more on the comedy, while still keeping the basic storyline. Hopefully I can find some time to watch that specifically. I just am missing some episodes of Series 3. I'd say more, but I don't want to start a spoiler-y discussion since I want to see it in action myself~ I do know a bit of what happens cause I read up on it, but that's not the same as watching it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've watched ThunderCats Roar. Just a fun side thing based loosely upon the original story. Honestly was pretty funny from the bit I saw. I never once considered it meant to be some kind of proper reboot. It's not treated that way. It's a comedy. Just like Teen Titans Go! is(and TTG is actually more faithful to the comics' overall storyline than the old cartoon is, strangely enough).

You want an actual reboot? Look at practically every single TMNT cartoon up to the 3rd cartoon. I can't say anything about Rise of the Ninja Turtles yet. Even the second series overall went beyond the old timeline and do something with tons of characters. The second reboot, which brought back a more interesting version of Rocksteady and Bebop, also reused tons of characters to great effect. RONT from what I can tell focuses a bit more on the comedy, while still keeping the basic storyline. Hopefully I can find some time to watch that specifically. I just am missing some episodes of Series 3. I'd say more, but I don't want to start a spoiler-y discussion since I want to see it in action myself~ I do know a bit of what happens cause I read up on it, but that's not the same as watching it.
I mean the show even goes as far as to insulting the original fans of the show.

Even if it was an attempt to be a joke it was rather poor taste.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Secret of Mana just got a spirit event! Square is playing ball just like the others! Let's hope this means we get an FFVIIR Spirit event (and Mii Costumes with songs) later down the line.

The idea that the only gimmuck the ARMS character has is stretchy arms is a really ballsy claim considering the entire ARMS cast had a gimmick. Also really ballsy considering that the trailer straight up said it can be anyone, which means it can be a hella gimmicky character. And we know damn well Sakurai loves putting in gimmicks. Unlikely we might gey an ultra gimmick fest, but I wouldn't write them off. At all.
Which is why I think Dr. Coyle is the most likely. Sakurai likes to experiment with the characters nit "just make their moves a little different", and more then any Arms character Dr. Coyle has enough stuff to incorporate interesting gameplay quirks. Like launching an extra arm if she holds the smash long enough, turning invisible upon wake-up or after a dodge, always flying allowing for increased areal mobility (within reason), she just has a lot to work with compared to others who have small situational gimmicks.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But Snake. The protagonist/mascot/face always comes first...Smash has never gone with lore or story important-centric characters first before...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Even if it was an attempt to be funny it was rather poor taste.
And there's more to it than that. TTG never went out of its way until fans completely mistook it as some kind of continuation of regular TT(when it was never such a thing) and basically insulted the staff and such. They literally just responded equivalently overall. It was an insult-fest. This still stems to the fans being completely unreasonable and refusing to accept that spin-offs are fine. You can dislike the show without being an ass about it, which a good chunk of the fanbase was.

Of course the response was wrong too. They were both in the wrong.

This is going to continue to happen as long as the fans act immature about the situation. People get fed up with their work being unreasonably dissed after a while. I can't blame the staff whatsoever for their response. It's a show. It's not one you overall like. That's fine. And the staff did go out of their way to make it clear it's not a continuation anyway, so the fans really don't have an excuse anymore. Refusing to do any research so you can act inappropriately? That's their fault too. The worst the staff did was respond in a similar manner. Which they should not have, obviously. Nobody gets a free pass for immaturity, really.

Which is why I think Dr. Coyle is the most likely. Sakurai likes to experiment with the characters nit "just make their moves a little different", and more then any Arms character Dr. Coyle has enough stuff to incorporate interesting gameplay quirks. Like launching an extra arm if she holds the smash long enough, turning invisible upon wake-up or after a dodge, always flying allowing for increased areal mobility (within reason), she just has a lot to work with compared to others who have small situational gimmicks.
Sakurai isn't choosing the characters, Snake. Nintendo is first and foremost. If they think Dr. Coyle is the best option, then yes. If they don't, Sakurai is going to make whoever they choose the best possible.

I agree if Sakurai was choosing, he'd go for someone fairly unique but important. So a key protagonist or main character or a key antagonist. (Main character would count for villains too, I.E. Soul Calibur's Nightmare, who has the best chance of SC characters to get in if Sakurai is choosing. Nintendo might not see it that way, since it's not their own game either. So whether mascot ultimately matters or not isn't the full story. Though then again, mascot seems a reasonable choice due to recognizability. Hero at least had the factor that he was already decided upon by Sakurai to be added during base game, so Nintendo could easily see value in that. And Luminary also represents the latest DQ game to be released, which gives it more promotional value that the series' mascot. Business and all).

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Even if it was an attempt to be a joke it was rather poor taste.
This is probably one of the most unprofessional things I’ve ever seen a network allow. It’s like the people responsible are literal 5 year olds.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Woah now, Teen Titans Go! is super funny. How can people hate a show that’s so delightfully meta and self-aware?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And there's more to it than that. TTG never went out of its way until fans completely mistook it as some kind of continuation of regular TT(when it was never such a thing) and basically insulted the staff and such. They literally just responded equivalently overall. It was an insult-fest. This still stems to the fans being completely unreasonable and refusing to accept that spin-offs are fine. You can dislike the show without being an ass about it, which a good chunk of the fanbase was.

Of course the response was wrong too. They were both in the wrong.

This is going to continue to happen as long as the fans act immature about the situation. People get fed up with their work being unreasonably dissed after a while. I can't blame the staff whatsoever for their response. It's a show. It's not one you overall like. That's fine. And the staff did go out of their way to make it clear it's not a continuation anyway, so the fans really don't have an excuse anymore. Refusing to do any research so you can act inappropriately? That's their fault too. The worst the staff did was respond in a similar manner. Which they should not have, obviously. Nobody gets a free pass for immaturity, really.

Sakurai isn't choosing the characters, Snake. Nintendo is first and foremost. If they think Dr. Coyle is the best option, then yes. If they don't, Sakurai is going to make whoever they choose the best possible.

I agree if Sakurai was choosing, he'd go for someone fairly unique but important. So a key protagonist or main character or a key antagonist. (Main character would count for villains too, I.E. Soul Calibur's Nightmare, who has the best chance of SC characters to get in if Sakurai is choosing. Nintendo might not see it that way, since it's not their own game either. So whether mascot ultimately matters or not isn't the full story. Though then again, mascot seems a reasonable choice due to recognizability. Hero at least had the factor that he was already decided upon by Sakurai to be added during base game, so Nintendo could easily see value in that. And Luminary also represents the latest DQ game to be released, which gives it more promotional value that the series' mascot. Business and all).
Sakurai described the proccess once as Nintendo giving him a list of fighters and asking them if they can work as a fighter. There's still room for his choice in there, and if every Arms character was on that short list, then, well, you know.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ain't gonna happen. You can't sell people something that takes content AWAY from the base game. And ain't no way they have the resources to build new assist trophies to replace them.
In all seriousness though I too am of the opinion of no assist promotions. I find Mii costumes and spirits more likely.

For myself I'm expecting Ribbon Girl honestly.
Today be me birthday! :b:
Happy birthday man!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai described the proccess once as Nintendo giving him a list of fighters and asking them if they can work as a fighter. There's still room for his choice in there, and if every Arms character was on that short list, then, well, you know.
Which means, again, he isn't actually choosing them first. Every single one can work to begin with. They all have very similar properties.

So the issue doesn't exist here. Sakurai already can make ones like Spring Man work to begin with. He's not going to dismiss it over "AT" when that can be disabled while Spring Man is chosen. His principles don't mean that much when it's more just a fan rule than a necessity. If at most the AT thing matters, he might just go for the Springtron idea people have brought up as a replacement AT(I don't think that's likely, but impossible I cannot really say).

This is probably one of the most unprofessional things I’ve ever seen a network allow. It’s like the people responsible are literal 5 year olds.
Those fans were doing nothing but insulting and flaming. There was effectively 2 year olds. It was unprofessional, but they're justified in being annoyed.

Well when it goes out of its way to insult critics of the show and fans of the original on multiple occasions, I can see why.
They weren't "critics". They were nothing but people insulting others. That's who they were taking a potshot at. There's a huge difference between criticism and completely unreasonable flaming. The potshot was aimed at flamers, not critics. Unfortunately the actual critics got caught in the crossfire because some of the criticism does relate to issues the show has. Which flamers severely exaggerate a lot of the time. I have criticisms of the show too, but the issue isn't the fact the staff responded poorly in itself. That's just unfortunate and would've been avoided if people weren't unreasonable and bash-happy. It still stems to immature fans bashing works but not actually giving proper criticism.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In all seriousness though I too am of the opinion of no assist promotions. I find Mii costumes and spirits more likely.

For myself I'm expecting Ribbon Girl honestly.

Happy birthday man!
Ribbon Girl is my number 2 favorite, so I'd be fine with that. Really, I'm honestly not attached to any particular Arms character. I just thing the bad Dr makes the most sense. Not to mention from a story perspective, after her failure against Max Brass, she would be all over a contest like Smash to collect even more data and grow even stronger.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Secret of Mana just got a spirit event! Square is playing ball just like the others! Let's hope this means we get an FFVIIR Spirit event (and Mii Costumes with songs) later down the line.
You'd think getting a second character before Namco would be enough.

Ain't gonna happen. You can't sell people something that takes content AWAY from the base game. And ain't no way they have the resources to build new assist trophies to replace them.
Spring Man can be an AT AND a fighter, you know.

Today be me birthday! :b:
Happy birthday! :happysheep:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which means, again, he isn't actually choosing them first. Every single one can work to begin with. They all have very similar properties.

So the issue doesn't exist here. Sakurai already can make ones like Spring Man work to begin with. He's not going to dismiss it over "AT" when that can be disabled while Spring Man is chosen. His principles don't mean that much when it's more just a fan rule than a necessity. If at most the AT thing matters, he might just go for the Springtron idea people have brought up as a replacement AT(I don't think that's likely, but impossible I cannot really say).

Those fans were doing nothing but insulting and flaming. There was effectively 2 year olds. It was unprofessional, but they're justified in being annoyed.

They weren't "critics". They were nothing but people insulting others. That's who they were taking a potshot at. There's a huge difference between criticism and completely unreasonable flaming. The potshot was aimed at flamers, not critics. Unfortunately the actual critics got caught in the crossfire because some of the criticism does relate to issues the show has. Which flamers severely exaggerate a lot of the time. I have criticisms of the show too, but the issue isn't really the stop responding equally to the flaming either. That's just unfortunate and would've been avoided if people weren't unreasonable and bash-happy. It still stems to immature fans bashing works but not actually giving proper criticism.
Dude. Stop. This is the exact kind of wet blanket talk that breeds animosity in this community. Only share ideas, don't put down other peoples hopes. I admit I am guilty with that as well. I need to reign myself in too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When you degrade a show from its source material to juvenile humor especially insulting said fans and terrible animation to the point its an parody I think fans have a right to be mad tbh.

NetFlix's She-Ra is an example how reboots or whatever should be done. Even then it seems that children hates ThunderCats Roar which is good, it goes to show its bad even if the children hates it.

But nope apparently an company thinks fans don't want complex characters, a better written story, a rich world to explore, hell no, they want idiotic characters, a juvenile story, and a world that would fit perfectly on a "Nick Jr." program.

Which is why we need more shows like NetFlix's She-Ra.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You'd think getting a second character before Namco would be enough.

Spring Man can be an AT AND a fighter, you know.

Happy birthday! :happysheep:
.... *deap breaths* follow my own advice

I don't think that that's likely to happen, sure, everything has to happen for the first time, but we can't just ditch an observed rule because we want too. Only when we have opposing proof. And if we are going to do that, then we also need to drop the "no spirits" rule people have been using to put down Geno. And one last point, in my opinion "Nintendo is choosing so it's just gonna be Spring Man" is very cynical and simply not true. Nintendo chose the characters in the first pass, and a lot of people were saying it would just be first parties and promo picks. When those concepts apply to like, one fighter in the first pass. 2 if you kid of stretch the definition of "promotional pick" for Byleth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom