• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean yeah, that sucks. But I don't think completely barring characters from THREE different major game studios is the right solution.
It gave us the chance to get more obscure but awesome characters you would never see in a game otherwise like Alien and Predator so, y'know, I'm cool with it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tfw walking into the twin wardens confidant like i know what i'm doing but then i realise like all the other googlable stuff in p5 they completely changed up the challenge requirements for royal

sly ********

osby

Smash Obsessed
tfw walking into the twin wardens confidant like i know what i'm doing but then i realise like all the other googlable stuff in p5 they completely changed up the challenge requirements for royal

sly ********
I like how Royal changed enough stuff that strategies that were useful in the vanilla game doesn't always work now.

Aside from "make Queen carry the party" strategy, I mean.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I like how Royal changed enough stuff that strategies that were useful in the vanilla game doesn't always work now.

Aside from "make Queen carry the team" strategy, I mean.
now it's "ann carries the team"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Cole MacGrath, Goku and Izuku/All-Might are characters who'd fit perfectly as guest characters for Injustice.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And I will still say that that is dumb. That basically means they can't have guest characters from Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo ever. Which is a tragedy when there are plenty from each company (except Nintendo) which would work so well!
Does MK have cross platform online? If so then how would they have handled the console exclusive characters for that? Omitting them and allowing them both come with their own problems.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Does MK have cross platform online? If so then how would they have handled the console exclusive characters for that? Omitting them and allowing them both come with their own problems.
It's simple. If Character X is present, limit the match-ups to same console. If Character X is not, allow cross-play. Do it on a match by match basis.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's simple. If Character X is present, limit the match-ups to same console. If Character X is not, allow cross-play. Do it on a match by match basis.
So, I can't play with my friends if they don't have the same character I have? Sounds weird.

Imagine Smash doing the same, you could only fight against other Jokers for months after he came out.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, I can't play with my friends if they don't have the same character I have? Sounds weird.

Imagine Smash doing the same, you could only fight against other Jokers for months after he came out.
No. What i was trying to say is, on the playstation version there would be a line of code that says "if the person picks Sweet Tooth, they can only play against other PS4 users" same on the Xbox with Fulgore.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I.FREAKING.DID.IT

MMZ4 IS DONE, AND WITH THAT, I FINISHED THE ENTIRE MMZ SERIES BY FINISHING ATLEAST ONCE!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Ahem, now if you excuse me, i'm going to rest a bit lol.

Next target: MMZX, see ya next mission.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
no this is actually real

the cooking mama switch game is ****ing wild and there's a lengthy IGN article going into how its developer basically doesn't seem to actually exist and is extremely shifty
But I haven’t seen anywhere else say the game is doing this if you own it. What the hell is happening

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Korrina is coming back! And Ash gets Sobble?
Does GF run the anime? If not, at least the anime studio has the balls to acknowledge the existence of Mega Evolutions

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Does GF run the anime? If not, at least the anime studio has the balls to acknowledge the existence of Mega Evolutions
Megas seem to still exist in everything that's not the main series. Let's Go, Mystery Dungeon, they even had a very, very minor return in the TCG.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nah GF have no input. They only got involved when the anime writers asked them to make Ash Greninja.

Also Ash is getting Riolu what if Korrina gives him the mega stone for Lucario?

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Megas seem to still exist in everything that's not the main series. Let's Go, Mystery Dungeon, they even had a very, very minor return in the TCG.
I hope they can eventually come back in a mainline game, the mega designs are just too good to never be used in a canon pokemon game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hope they can eventually come back in a mainline game, the mega designs are just too good to never be used in a canon pokemon game.
I mean after Gen 7 was like Oh yeah turns out Mega Evolutions are really painful and you probably shouldn't do it in the Pokedex entries I think GF is trying to find excuses to not use it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just lost thirty hours of progress in Persona 4. I died, went back to the main menu, loaded up my save files, and my latest save file had inexplicably vanished.

I had made a back-up save file much earlier in the game (roughly 15 hours in, whereas my save file was at 45 hours or so), so I'm not starting from scratch, but I might as well be. I'd have to replay three dungeons (including the extremely awkward "strip club dungeon" - no idea what they were thinking there, given the ages of the characters involved), redo a TON of social link stuff (including maxing out four of my social stats, getting four party members to rank 10, getting Dojima and Nanako to rank 10, and doing a bunch of Persona fusions and fox sidequests), and hope that luck works out in my favour for the boss fights, because some of them (especially the boss of the fourth dungeon) were frustrating and largely based on me being lucky enough that the AI didn't happen to use two specific moves in a row.

If I had pirated the game, I'd understand why this happened, but I'm playing the official download from the Playstation store. I'm not sure whether I should restart the entire game at this point or try to pick up where I left off. It's just frustrating - I was really enjoying the game, I was interested to see where it was going, I felt like I was near the end, and then this happened.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would appreciated Mega Evos if they actually gane a each gen an even spread and gave more to underused mons that actually deserved it.

Like, Galarian forms were better in terms of gen spread and Pokemon that got it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo, does anyone wanna hop on an arena? I'm done with AC for the day, and I got time to kill.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I would appreciated Mega Evos if they actually gane a each gen an even spread and gave more to underused mons that actually deserved it.

Like, Galarian forms were better in terms of gen spread and Pokemon that got it.
What if we only gave gen 5 a single Mega evo and it was Audino

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I mean after Gen 7 was like Oh yeah turns out Mega Evolutions are really painful and you probably shouldn't do it in the Pokedex entries I think GF is trying to find excuses to not use it.
I wouldn't be suprised if, going forward, each generational gimmick will be revealed to be actually horrible.

"Z-Moves? Don't you know the power they contain could melt a Pokemon! It's not safe, Dynamax instead!"

"Dynamax? Their internal organs don't grow with them, they're slowly sufficating on the inside! You monster, you better be using the boilboost instead!"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We've had Marvel vs. Capcom. We've had Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. Now it's time for....

• Spawn
  • Officer Dragon (Savage Dragon)
  • Mako (Savage Dragon)
  • Witchblade
  • The Darkness
  • Diehard (Youngblood)
  • Shaft (Youngblood)
  • Vogue (Youngblood)
  • Badrock (Youngblood)
  • Photon (Youngblood)
  • Stryker (Cyberforce)
  • Velocity (Cyberforce)
  • Cyblade (Cyberforce)
  • Heatwave (Cyberforce)
  • Invincible
  • Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead)
  • Negan (The Walking Dead)
  • Alana (Saga)
  • Marko (Saga)
  • Fortress (Image United)
  • Shadowhawk
  • Haunt
DLC
  • Redeemer (Spawn)
  • Overlord (Savage Dragon)
  • Pitt (Youngblood)
  • Michonne (The Walking Dead)
  • The Maxx
  • Pac-Man (in a Mokujin like SFxT)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  • Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
  • Nina Williams (Tekken)
  • Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
  • Yoshimitsu (Tekken/SoulCalibur)
  • Sigfried (SoulCalibur)
  • Ivy Valentine (SoulCalibur)
  • Sophitia Alexandra (SoulCalibur)
  • Mitsurugi (SoulCalibur)
  • Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  • Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
  • Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
  • Dig Dug
  • Kissy (Baraduke)
  • WarGreymon (Digimon)
  • Renamon (Digimon)
  • Klonoa
  • Kite (.hack)
  • Valkyrie
  • Momo (Wonder Momo)
  • Rick Taylor (Splatterhouse)
DLC
  • Ancient Ogre (Tekken)
  • Aeon Calcos (SoulCalibur)
  • Knight Artorias (Dark Souls)
  • KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  • Gilgamesh (The Tower of Drauga)
© BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc. / KOSUKE FUJISHIMA / Akiyoshi Hongo / Toei Animation / .hack Conglomerate / FromSoftware, Inc. / Image Comics, Inc. / Todd MacFarlane Productions, Inc. / Erik Larsen / Top Cow Productions, Inc. / Rob Liefeld / Skybound, LLC / Robert Kirkman, LLC and Cory Walker / Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples. / Whilce Portacio / Jim Valentino / Sam Keith

Rizen

Smash Legend
I.FREAKING.DID.IT

MMZ4 IS DONE, AND WITH THAT, I FINISHED THE ENTIRE MMZ SERIES BY FINISHING ATLEAST ONCE!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Ahem, now if you excuse me, i'm going to rest a bit lol.

Next target: MMZX, see ya next mission.
Which was your favorite? In order of best to worst I'd say MMZ2, 3, 1, 4. Not that 4 was bad but I didn't like the changes to the systems and it felt the weakest.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
We've had Marvel vs. Capcom. We've had Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. Now it's time for....

• Spawn
  • Officer Dragon (Savage Dragon)
  • Mako (Savage Dragon)
  • Witchblade
  • The Darkness
  • Diehard (Youngblood)
  • Shaft (Youngblood)
  • Vogue (Youngblood)
  • Badrock (Youngblood)
  • Photon (Youngblood)
  • Stryker (Cyberforce)
  • Velocity (Cyberforce)
  • Cyblade (Cyberforce)
  • Heatwave (Cyberforce)
  • Invincible
  • Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead)
  • Negan (The Walking Dead)
  • Alana (Saga)
  • Marko (Saga)
  • Fortress (Image United)
  • Shadowhawk
  • Haunt
DLC
  • Redeemer (Spawn)
  • Overlord (Savage Dragon)
  • Pitt (Youngblood)
  • Michonne (The Walking Dead)
  • The Maxx
  • Pac-Man (in a Mokujin like SFxT)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  • Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
  • Nina Williams (Tekken)
  • Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
  • Yoshimitsu (Tekken/SoulCalibur)
  • Sigfried (SoulCalibur)
  • Ivy Valentine (SoulCalibur)
  • Sophitia Alexandra (SoulCalibur)
  • Mitsurugi (SoulCalibur)
  • Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  • Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
  • Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
  • Dig Dug
  • Kissy (Baraduke)
  • WarGreymon (Digimon)
  • Renamon (Digimon)
  • Klonoa
  • Kite (.hack)
  • Valkyrie
  • Momo (Wonder Momo)
  • Rick Taylor (Splatterhouse)
DLC
  • Ancient Ogre (Tekken)
  • Aeon Calcos (SoulCalibur)
  • Knight Artorias (Dark Souls)
  • KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  • Gilgamesh (The Tower of Drauga)
© BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc. / KOSUKE FUJISHIMA / Akiyoshi Hongo / Toei Animation / .hack Conglomerate / FromSoftware, Inc. / Image Comics, Inc. / Todd MacFarlane Productions, Inc. / Erik Larsen / Top Cow Productions, Inc. / Rob Liefeld / Skybound, LLC / Robert Kirkman, LLC and Cory Walker / Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples. / Whilce Portacio / Jim Valentino / Sam Keith
Dunno how I feel about my boy Pac sharing a game with freaking Youngblood.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait, what Spirits came out after Cuphead, but before Ring Fit Adventure? I have two missing slots for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom