• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What does Fatmanonice has that gives him a following?

I'm asking this because, in the Balloon Fighter support thread, his sources say one of the last characters could be one that is a tribute to Satoru Iwata.

Having the character that I've been dreaming for literally half my life would make me super happy but why should I put any stock in this?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Again, that's not really a fair question either. How many appearances in other media has Spawn gotten? And he's the most popular character they ever published. Many Image characters barely appear in other media at all.
Fine, I know you said that there’s nothing wrong with derivation, but Liefeld treads the line of downright plagiarism, his characters don’t really give you any reason to like or care about them and he’s created so many of them but none are memorable or have good writing attached to them. It just feels like he was challenged to create books with as minimal effort as possible.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I'm asking this because, in the Balloon Fighter support thread, his sources say one of the last characters could be one that is a tribute to Satoru Iwata.

Having the character that I've been dreaming for literally half my life would make me super happy but why should I put any stock in this?
He used to be a part of Sabi's Discord and has "insider knowledge". That, and he supports Geno so that's enough for supporters to eat his **** up even if almost none of it has come true yet.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

You shouldn't.

When has any leaker known the exact order of characters AND known who is one of the last characters while we're only in the first character?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
He used to be a part of Sabi's Discord and has "insider knowledge". That, and he supports Geno so that's enough for supporters to eat his **** up even if almost none of it has come true yet.
A sheep flocked by wolves basically. Kinda feel sorry for him. It means to some of the more edgy and angry side would take their anger out on him if he makes a prediction or something.

Christ my brain isn't working the past few days.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

He was in Sabi's discord before getting kicked out, since then he pretends he has sources on all kinds of things but makes the ****tiest excuses when he's inevitably wrong, him making that **** up about Iwata really rubs me the wrong way because it seems like a way to go "You doubt this Reliable Source? Have you no shame for insulting Iwata's legacy and callig him worthless?" Seems like a stretch but at the same time I've been accused of sending him death threats multiple times for criticizing him and reporting a post he made where he literally ****ing doxxed himself cause personal info like your name and address shouldn't be public if you're actually getting death threats

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fine, I know you said that there’s nothing wrong with derivation, but Liefeld treads the line of downright plagiarism, his characters don’t really give you any reason to like or care about them and he’s created so many of them but none are memorable or have good writing attached to them. It just feels like he was challenged to create books with as minimal effort as possible.
Ok. I trust you have an informed opinion. And you’re welcome to it. All I can say is they look cool.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's what I figured.
Fatman is innocent, he isn't really causing harm himself, it's just what he regurgitates from his source of the week that makes everyone hold disdain for him.

Except Geno thread, he makes them do the funny wojak dance.

78y.gif

I'm sure he's a nice guy in person, but otherwise I think people have had enough textleak drama for another decade.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Remember when this thread took Papagenis for gospel because of VR Plant?

I wonder what happened that.

I wonder where VR Plant went. I honestly want to say he got caught and fired.
Yeah, that's because VR Plant actually was legit.

Some say he's still playing Mario Tennis with Fire Piranha Plant to this day...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t think you have to worry about seeing Larry the Cucumber calling a squash a bundle of sticks any time soon.
Yeah. The creator also says that he outright doesn’t want to touch the subject. So who knows what will happen down the line. Maybe some other people can convince him to mellow out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom