• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait what? This is the first I'm hearing of this. What did he do?

And your opinion on the series is subjective.
Liefield's works objectively suck. He's a terrible artist, takes his edgy characters way too seriously and isn't particularly creative.

Not to mention the hissy fit he threw when Marvel made a character he created queer.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wait what? This is the first I'm hearing of this. What did he do?

And your opinion on the series is subjective.
Have you even read any of these comics? I’m sure as hell not alone in thinking they’re garbage. I’m not saying he’s a bad person, I heard he’s pretty awesome on real life, but that doesn’t change the fact that he can’t write or draw to save his life.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Have you even read any of these comics? I’m sure as hell not alone in thinking they’re garbage. I’m not saying he’s a bad person, I heard he’s pretty awesome on real life, but that doesn’t change the fact that he can’t write or draw to save his life.
I didn't know that. I just figured they would be fine here considering I was basing the spine of my roster on the lineup from Image United. And independent of the quality of his work, he was one of Images founders and a game celebrating their history would feel weird without them.

The hissy fit about making his character queer is inexcusable though. Not really enough to be blacklisted though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Personal Opinion: Now that Cloud was in the game from base, Ike's Final Smash should have been changed.
You can't avoid certain Final Smashes resembling each other when there are dozens of them, though. It seems futile to change individual ones just to make them more unique, especially in a game that streamlines them.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Personal Opinion: Now that Cloud was in the game from base, Ike's Final Smash should have been changed.
and replace it with what, sword beams?

you know sakurai will never acknowledge ike's sword beams

osby

Smash Obsessed
I didn't know that. I just figured they would be fine here considering I was basing the spine of my roster on the lineup from Image United. And independent of the quality of his work, he was one of Images founders and a game celebrating their history would feel weird without them.
A better idea would be not celebrating Image Comics' history.

It's super derivative of Marvel and DC's works, anyway, you wouldn't be missing anything.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A better idea would be not celebrating Image Comics' history.

It's super derivative of Marvel and DC's works, anyway, you wouldn't be missing anything.
When I posted this roster I made in a day last year after I was joking around with a friend while playing Tekken 7 and MvC I did not expect it to go this direction. I did not expect for people to start slamming on what was basically the dawn of creator own comic books. And I did not expect to start hearing people I am barely familiar with be called talentless. I don't really have a horse in this race. It's basically my idea of an April Fools Day joke four days late. But I will say two things because you're getting at bigger picture points here.

A) There is nothing wrong with being derivative. Everything is derivative. Some people are just better at disguising it then others. There are no new ideas anymore, just re-combinations of old ones.

B) I don't think you can call Image derivative when they have published things like Invincible, The Walking Dead, and Saga.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Which was your favorite? In order of best to worst I'd say MMZ2, 3, 1, 4. Not that 4 was bad but I didn't like the changes to the systems and it felt the weakest.
From what I remember since there was a loooong break between me playing 1-2-3 and then 4, I say:

MMZ3

MMZ2-MMZ4

MMZ1

MMZ1 isn't bad, but it cleary suffer alot from the retcon caused by MMX6 creation story wise, and the gameplay is good, but not great due to being the first, and the grinding didn't help at all.

I don't have much memory of MMZ2 beside that I had a good time with it and the story & gameplay felt more satisfying, so I put equally with 4. Who I also had a good time, buuuut felt pretty easy at time with some changes I like (the weather system finally allowing me to get special moves, soem of the way the Z-Knuckles is use) and others I didn't (how to make armor part, most of the weapon you get via the Z-Knuckles being really ineffective), the story of 4 however resonate alot with me, and that final man, oooooh my heart.

I also don't remember much of 3, but I remember it's the most balanced game of the four, storywise & gameplay wise, it's really good and there isn't much bad I can say, beside that I feel that it wouldn't have feel like a true final with Weil still being in control of Neo Arcadia after Omega death.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
When I posted this roster I made in a day last year after I was joking around with a friend while playing Tekken 7 and MvC I did not expect it to go this direction. I did not expect for people to start slamming on what was basically the dawn of creator own comic books. And I did not expect to start hearing people I am barely familiar with be called talentless. I don't really have a horse in this race. It's basically my idea of an April Fools Day joke four days late. But I will say two things because you're getting at bigger picture points here.

A) There is nothing wrong with being derivative. Everything is derivative. Some people are just better at disguising it then others. There are no new ideas anymore, just re-combinations of old ones.

B) I don't think you can call Image derivative when they have published things like Invincible, The Walking Dead, and Saga.
For the record, It wasn’t my intent to try and shame you for your roster or Image Comics in general, I’m not ragging on Image Comics, I just hate Youngblood and a good chunk of Leifeld’s work and I know I’m not alone in that. I could’ve been a bit more tactful and I apologize for that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Finished watching the latest episodes of Ducky Tales.

Season 3 and hasn't missed a step!
TBH, I thought the Junior Woodchuck episode was boring and a little too exposition-ey. But Quack Pack was hilarious and I loved it. Is this the first time Bill Farmer has done the iconic Goofy Yell? Or did he do it somewhere else?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For the record, It wasn’t my intent to try and shame you for your roster or Image Comics in general, I’m not ragging on Image Comics, I just hate Youngblood and a good chunk of Leifeld’s work and I know I’m not alone in that. I could’ve been a bit more tactful and I apologize for that.
Thank you for that. I appreciate it. And I admit I was overreacting a smidge. I mean, the man created Deadpool for crying out loud. But I understand. Honestly, I looked at the art in some of the Youngblood books and you're right, he can't draw. I didn't really read it though. I'd love to see a different creator's take on the same idea.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Here is my DBFZ Power Tier List that I've mentioned before. And as you can obviously tell, the Gokus & Vegetas take up the majority of Tier S because of course.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here is my DBFZ Power Tier List that I've mentioned before. And as you can obviously tell, the Gokus & Vegetas take up the majority of Tier S because of course.

I love how the whole point of DragonBall is that if you train hard enough you can overcome any obstacle, and they're constantly introducing new villains that are more powerful than him, but people still think he can automatically beat anyone else no matter what like he's Superman or something.

#SupermanForDBFZGuest

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

did you really say gotenks is only as strong as nappa

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Thank you for that. I appreciate it. And I admit I was overreacting a smidge. I mean, the man created Deadpool for crying out loud. But I understand. Honestly, I looked at the art in some of the Youngblood books and you're right, he can't draw. I didn't really read it though. I'd love to see a different creator's take on the same idea.
He only really created the template for Deadpool, which was just a boring mercenary with yellow speech bubbles, everything that people love about Deadpool was the work of other creators, so it’s hard to consider Deadpool his work. Aside from Cable, there aren’t really a ton of characters he’s created that people care about or are considered good and he’s created like 60,000 of them. Youngblood has an interesting concept of a proactive superhero team that has merchandising and appears on talk shows and are celebrities and all that crap, but yeah it’d be nice to see the premise handled by a different group of creators and characters.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Not really following this list. Like, 16, 17, and 18 all rivaled Super Vegeta when they first appeared, and Nappa's a tier above them. Nappa, who was on the level as Saiyan Saga Krillin (and lost to Base Goku and Vegeta). Also, I feel as if the humans (sans Videl), are above not only Nappa, but Bardock and Ginyu. Also feel as if Trunks can be Tier A.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He only really created the template for Deadpool, which was just a boring mercenary with yellow speech bubbles, everything that people love about Deadpool was the work of other creators, so it’s hard to consider Deadpool his work. Aside from Cable, there aren’t really a ton of characters he’s created that people care about or are considered good and he’s created like 60,000 of them. Youngblood has an interesting concept of a proactive superhero team that has merchandising and appears on talk shows and are celebrities and all that crap, but yeah it’d be nice to see the premise handled by a different group of creators and characters.
What's wrong with the characters? Granted all I've ever seen of them is a picture and a brief description of their powers, but they look interesting enough.

Also, fun fact, Leifeld still gets a cut of the profit on anything he appears in. It's some weird contract thing he managed to rig up.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What's wrong with the characters? Granted all I've ever seen of them is a picture and a brief description of their powers, but they look interesting enough.

Also, fun fact, Leifeld still gets a cut of the profit on anything he appears in. It's some weird contract thing he managed to rig up.
Name one from his Image Comic works you’ve heard other people talk about, or better yet say was their favorite.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Name one from his Image Comic works you’ve heard other people talk about, or better yet say was their favorite.
That's not really fare because I don't really exist in the comic book community. I only really know who's popular by who appears in the movies, shows, and games. And my own opinions.

Shaft has an interesting design though, as do Photon and Badrock. in my opinion

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Wait why is Nappa so high up there if the Androids were stronger than him in every way? Put his ***** ass down in D, everyone has powercrept him by this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom