• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Went and watched Onward with my sister today, and we both absolutely adored it. Maybe I'll go more in depth later, but if you love stories about sibling bonding then I definitely reccomend checking it out.

...I want a pet dragon.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Went and watched Onward with my sister today, and we both absolutely adored it. Maybe I'll go more in depth later, but if you love stories about sibling bonding then I definitely reccomend checking it out.

...I want a pet dragon.
I'll definitely try and see it with my brother. I watched Birds of Prey without him so I need to make up to him.

Also for that seventh first queer Disney character

D

Deleted member

I'll definitely try and see it with my brother. I watched Birds of Prey without him so I need to make up to him.

Also for that seventh first queer Disney character
I'm gonna check if I can see the movie this weekend with my friends.

Heard really great things about It, and I do really feel excited about it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Today was one of those "My art irritates the hell out of me" days. But whatever, I'll try to deal with it. Drawing up another superhero. We'll see how it goes. But I can't stay lazy so with that and the short animation, I should have some things to keep me busy.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Just played Brawl unmodified for the first time in I think seven yea--oh my god, it's been seven years since I started college

...anyway, I forgot how much I actually liked Brawl. It feels weird after all this time, but...

EDIT: I was not aware that today was the anniversary or that people were talking about it on the previous page. Pure coincidence.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you ****** are still bored, go buy KOF 98 on your Switch. Or Garou.

Guys I'm bored and need a break from my college stuff.

Show me your wallpapers on laptop or phone.

View attachment 265250
Mine is from Made in Abyss.
It's not exactly made for a desktop background, but here's the one I use currently.
Strider 2 Poster.jpg

Strider 2 has some outright fantastic art to go with it.

The Amulet of Time isn't close as fun as The Shadow of Aku in terms of Samurai Jack games.
Sorry to hear that man. I remembered liking that one as a kid. I do remember getting disappointed with one of those Nicktoons games on GBA though.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Aw yes, the ancient prehistoric year of 2008. When Neanderthal gamers waddled out of the primordial ooze to play Snake

Snake is still the best addition to Smash... ever. He broke so many barriers and did it with a nice ass and a smug "Kept You Waiting Huh?" And made fans that wanted Smash to be Nintendo exclusive salty for ****ing YEARS.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I still remember the day I bought it. It was on a Sunday and I live in the Southern USA, so I had to wait until 1 PM before Wal-Mart was allowed to sell anything non-grocery. I passed the time Until then playing Melee with my brother to prepare.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Snake is still the best addition to Smash... ever. He broke so many barriers and did it with a nice ass and a smug "Kept You Waiting Huh?" And made fans that wanted Smash to be Nintendo exclusive salty for ****ing YEARS.
You wanna see a handful of examples? The comments section on GoNintendo articles usually have complaints about third party characters, especially those with notable Playstation history. Not trying to start any fights or condone any cyberbullying, but it’s pretty entertaining to see.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

From what I heard, people were livid on NeoGAF, especially as they'd have rather had a Belmont. Meanwhile Brawl was my first Smash game and I didn't even know ****ing Wario or Link

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Wait
Yeah, I think It even won some awards.

I was 6 back when It released.
I was also 6 when brawl came out
You’re like little babies.

I was almost seven when Brawl came out.
I just realized I wasn't 6 when Brawl came out.

I would be turning 6 in the next month.

How am I this bad at remembering my birthday.
Brawl released back before I even got into Videogames as much as I do today.

I remember seeing the commercials on TV, and seeing Mario with Link was a mind blown since believe it or not I used to think The Legend Of Zelda wasn't owned by Nintendo.

I also was scratching my head when the ads showed Meta Knight since I never heard of him before.

**** me I just scrolled back to hear people reminisce about The Good Old Days™, not learn about how you were all in diapers when I was watching the Brawl trailer on repeat in glorious 240p.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You wanna see a handful of examples? The comments section on GoNintendo articles usually have complaints about third party characters, especially those with notable Playstation history. Not trying to start any fights or condone any cyberbullying, but it’s pretty entertaining to see.
"Oh wah wah, I didn't get Musashi from Sushi Striker!" - Guy who complains about anime swordsmen
"WHERE'S TWINTELLE?!" - Guy who didn't by ARMS
"I think we should get Lanky Kong." - Guy whose first console was a PS2 and never owned a 64

I'm sick of people who whine about third parties. They've been here for a decade, they're not going away. Just enjoy the ride, people.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Wait

**** me I just scrolled back to hear people reminisce about The Good Old Days™, not learn about how you were all in diapers when I was watching the Brawl trailer on repeat in glorious 240p.
Eh, if it makes you feel any better, I would've been 7 a month later.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I think I was 7 or 8 during Brawl days.

Anyways, apparently Sega is gonna have something akin to a Direct in April so uh, guess Sega does what Nintendon't.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
apparently Sega is gonna have something akin to a Direct in April so uh, guess Sega does what Nintendon't.
Actually if they're having to copycat the Direct format that would make SEGA behind Nintendo yet again

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I was 12 when Brawl came out. I'm older than a lot of folks here? I genuinely did not expect that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Y'know what games came out when I was six? Ocarina of Time, Pokemon R/B, and the original Smash Bros. :teeth:

Eh, if it makes you feel any better, I would've been 7 a month later.
ezgif-1-0b299f936bb1.gif

Ah well that makes all the difference

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was 12 when Brawl came out. I'm older than a lot of folks here? I genuinely did not expect that.

I joined the website illegally at the young age of 12, I'm one of the younger ones here even though I've been here longer than others.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The Mario voice in the Illumination Movie should be Charles Martinet or sound like Mario did in the Super Show and Hotel Mario just for the meme.

Shroob

Sup?

Wait

We're fossils compared to most of the regulars on this board nowadays rofl.

Hell, just the other day we learned that Bakugan guy was a literal baby when Aqua Teen was airing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hope you all are ready for Super Mario Galaxy Odyssey to be announced in a few hours

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hope you all are ready for Super Mario Galaxy Odyssey to be announced in a few hours
I've been ready. Honestly, with the Odyssey being capable of space travel it'd make sense if the follow-up had the Odyssey traveling through space. Hell, if you wanna theory craft, the ending of Odyssey being essentially akin to a Galaxy game could've just been a teaser for what's to come.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We're fossils compared to most of the regulars on this board nowadays rofl.

Hell, just the other day we learned that Bakugan guy was a literal baby when Aqua Teen was airing.
I remember loving ATHF as a kid, but I never really understood what was going on.

Except Carl though, I understand him on a spiritual level.

D

Deleted member

I am fighting myself to not fall asleep onto the floor.

My mother wanted me to wake up really early to see my father. And with my messed sleep schedule that means I could fall asleep literally anywhere.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Morning people.
Currently ****ting myself about college like I mentioned last night but I'm sort of planning ahead like a masterful tactician.

If all goes well I'll be able to breathe for a few days.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I have consumed leftovers of cosmic explosions in the void.
wcjjyaioppl41.jpg

Total of 237 dimensional rule definition(s) found. WARN: Sensory realisation entity not specified in decontamination set. Volatile disturbance in prism field detected. Normalised time warp cut engaging... Complete. 22 out of 912 fundamental theisms has been loaded into the core matrices. Current objective sentience level: 99.999954% _

D

Deleted member

Brawl was my first smash game lmao

I still remember looking at the box art, and going "wtf what the crap is this" especially considering I literally knew...like I think I only knew Mario and MAYBE Kirby out of the roster back then?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What a day this is.

Not only is it Happy Mario Day but its also the 3 year anniversary since Kong: Skull Island was made!

D

Deleted member

"Purgatorial dragons, your hellish flames shall turn everything in this world to ashes! Line up in the world of despair! Legion!"
170-1706436_cardfight-vanguard-perdition-dragon.png

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat the first dungeon in Persona 4 last night, though just barely - by the end, I just had the main character attack every turn, Chie guard (so that she wouldn't get knocked down by the boss's fire attacks - from what I could tell, the boss had no weaknesses), and Yosuke healing whoever had the lowest health. I need to figure out which Personas have healing techniques.

So far, it seems harder than Persona 5, and I miss some of the quality of life changes (safe rooms in dungeons, the game outright telling you the deadline), but it's still fun and charming. I do wish that certain characters hadn't been included in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, since (while I'm not 100% sure of their role) it makes it clear that they're way more important than they first seem, but I had similar issues pop up with Persona 5 and Final Fantasy 7 as well, and it was still fun to see how those plot points developed.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I was 13 or 14 during the Brawl cycle/release, so feeling pretty old reading through some of those comments

osby

Smash Obsessed
I beat the first dungeon in Persona 4 last night, though just barely - by the end, I just had the main character attack every turn, Chie guard (so that she wouldn't get knocked down by the boss's fire attacks - from what I could tell, the boss had no weaknesses), and Yosuke healing whoever had the lowest health. I need to figure out which Personas have healing techniques.
If you haven't already, getting a Senri and leveling her up is one of the easier ways to obtain Media in early game.

The next boss was the hardest one in the game for me (my party was around level 21 and it was still tough) but difficulty should be less crazy after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom