• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The whole IV **** in Pokemon is something I will never understand. If you're playing competitively sure but otherwise... just seems like a ginormous waste of time that requires too much if a headache.

D

Deleted member

The whole IV **** in Pokemon is something I will never understand. If you're playing competitively sure but otherwise... just seems like a ginormous waste of time that requires too much if a headache.
Seems inefficient outside of competitive play. The time you spend getting the one Squirtle you desperately need could probably be spent grinding your team to beat the upcoming gym leader

Unless you want shinies. Then I wont judge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, once you beat the game, if you're not into shining hunting or completing the Pokedex, there's not much else to do tbh. Not like Pokemon games have this massive postgame.

So pretty much, unless you buy the games JUST for the main story and nothing else, you're going to be playing online most likely, and there, IVs make all the difference.

D

Deleted member

Lamperouge Lamperouge money. If we don't get a General Direct this month, you get to choose an avatar for me for a month. I need my gambling fix and wanna see what you'd choose for me.

Shroob

Sup?
Seems inefficient outside of competitive play. The time you spend getting the one Squirtle you desperately need could probably be spent grinding your team to beat the upcoming gym leader

Unless you want shinies. Then I wont judge.
I mean, by the time you're doing IV breeding, there aren't any Gym Leaders left to prepare for. You're in the postgame, which basically doesn't exist outside of what you make of it.

D

Deleted member

I mean, by the time you're doing IV breeding, there aren't any Gym Leaders left to prepare for. You're in the postgame, which basically doesn't exist outside of what you make of it.
Ah I see. Makes sense then.

D

Deleted member

Is it weird I feel sad listening to this? I just... can't make myself listen to it, it's not bad or anything(if anything it's really good) but.. even I don't know.

D

Deleted member

Frick, I have the duck song in my head and It doesn't let me focus on sleeping.

everyone is talking about no direct and here I am dying inside from anticipation for animal crossing
Oh, I'm also dying from anticipation.

Not because of Animal Crossing, but rather something else releasing this month.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One minor thing that I wish was in the game is that when Ness does his Smash attacks, the "BASH" sound effect from Earthbound played as you're charging it up, kinda like how Hero has the attack sound effect from Dragon Quest when he charges his Smash.

Same for Lucas, but only when he charges F-Smash.

D

Deleted member

One minor thing that I wish was in the game is that when Ness does his Smash attacks, the "BASH" sound effect from Earthbound played as you're charging it up, kinda like how Hero has the attack sound effect from Dragon Quest when he charges his Smash.

Same for Lucas, but only when he charges F-Smash.
That would have been quite cool.

And come to think of It, It would have fit really well even in Smash 64.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Brawl released back before I even got into Videogames as much as I do today.

I remember seeing the commercials on TV, and seeing Mario with Link was a mind blown since believe it or not I used to think The Legend Of Zelda wasn't owned by Nintendo.

I also was scratching my head when the ads showed Meta Knight since I never heard of him before.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I would have been... 14 when Brawl released, I remember my parents coming home with a copy of the game and a bright white baseball cap with "Wii" stitched into the front of it.

I also remember spending almost all of March Break playing through Subspace. I remember my friend calling to get me to go somewhere and I just wanted to unlock all of the characters, so she actually came over and made me stop playing haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom