• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
yeah, that’s Aqua Teen.

All the episodes are on Adult Swim’s site for free. If you wanna give it a try, they’re really funny.
I might give it a shot....though I still have my doubts. xD It really depends on the humor. If it is a vulgar the way American StandUps are done...then it is not for me (as I sometimes find myself preferring the Mexican humor).

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of.

Did u kno gaming did a beta gen 1 vid today

A certain back Sprite more or less confirms Cubone being baby Kangaskhan.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I might give it a shot....though I still have my doubts. xD It really depends on the humor. If it is a vulgar the way American StandUps are done...then it is not for me (as I sometimes find myself preferring the Mexican humor).
The humor is more random than anything, though not completely disjointed from reality. Almost everything happens for a reason, but the reasons are often entirely nonsensical. It’s mostly a dialogue and character driven comedy, so if you don’t like the characters you might not like it. The first episodes are a little rough around the edges, but the spirit is there. I’d recommend episodes like Broodwich, Mummy Love, or Mooninites to start with.

Shroob

Sup?
The humor is more random than anything, though not completely disjointed from reality. Almost everything happens for a reason, but the reasons are often entirely nonsensical. It’s mostly a dialogue and character driven comedy, so if you don’t like the characters you might not like it. The first episodes are a little rough around the edges, but the spirit is there. I’d recommend episodes like Broodwich, Mummy Love, or Mooninites to start with.
Oh god that reminds me when people thought the Mooninites were a legit terrorist threat.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Half the reason why I made the Personal Projects showcase my friend. To show the creative side away from the lewd aka SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 's crazed late night prompts.
Hey! My prompts aren’t inherently lewd!
Well, the thing about MTG is that(and I'm copy pasting from the page I linked because it's almost ****ing 12 pm and hell no I don't have time to type it all out)

"Most planes are spheres with an atmosphere and one or more suns and moons; they resemble planets. But there is no law of physics common to all planes of the Multiverse.[3] Planes can be infinite expanses of matter, tiny specks of empty space, or logic-defying inversions of normal reality. A plane can contain an entire, sprawling universe or nothing at all"

Essentially every plane could be as simple as a giant ocean, nothing at all, or a giant bustling city. Think of it like a Minecraft World or a randomly generated dungeon. And most of them are similar enough so that people coming by at least can get a grip on that Plane's Reality pretty easily(which just so happens that most planes have Earth like reality. Gee I wonder why :dazwa:)

Hell you can even create your own Plane if you have enough strength,

Snake, I don't think that's a phrase that's helping your post at all.
Get your mind out of the gutter! It’s a Wizard of Oz reference!

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is why the new season is actually pretty good:
I’m really surprised. Didn’t expect to like a Pokémon anime so much.

With this new format I really hope they just expand upon it for the next gen, instead of ditching it. I think it really works.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Haven't watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force in ages but I LOVE to rewatch Dr. Weird clips on YouTube.
"Gentlemen! Chop off my head with such velocity that my blood will rocket through my neck, and propel my lifeless body, all the way to Phoenix!"

"Wow. Uh, what's in Phoenix?"

"Why, it's your mama, Steve! Get the axe!" :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know Aqua Teen’s been done for five years, and they stopped doing Dr. Weird skits earlier than that, but I’d pay for a new mini series that’s just a bunch of Dr. Weird skits.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m really surprised. Didn’t expect to like a Pokémon anime so much.

With this new format I really hope they just expand upon it for the next gen, instead of ditching it. I think it really works.
It really does, it gives us just fun stories to watch each week that took place in the world of Pokémon making it stand out. It allows for you to just turn on a episode and not really worry about order as the only big thing is catches.
The end goal is cool but its perfectly designed to be whenever they want. It also can lead to past characters showing up whenever and already has. So I’m sure they will do more of that in future. It’s pretty well thought out and even allows Gamefreak to have more time as there’s no need to keep up with the anime if it’s promoting every game to exist so far.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering what I saw of Rise, that’s not a bad thing tbh.
Its pretty watchable when they're focusing on an actual story, and the animation is actually amazing...but for a TMNT show it is hella weird

Shroob

Sup?
Oh god I'm 29 come this year.

Oh God my sister on my dad's side of the family is getting married this year.

Ohh god time slow the **** down please

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Saw a kid call Ultra Sun/Moon nostalgic.

Freaked me tf out.
How recent though? Because some people seem keen on devaluing its actual meaning when trailers come out and the comments are, "OMGeez, this game is already nostalgic".

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Its pretty watchable when they're focusing on an actual story, and the animation is actually amazing...but for a TMNT show it is hella weird
I wasn’t too impressed with what I saw but maybe I’ll try to give it another shot. I loved the 2012 series so I might have my expectations a bit high.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh god I'm 29 come this year.
Oh God my sister on my dad's side of the family is getting married this year.
Ohh god time slow the **** down please
**** you're 29? I thought you were like my age.

And yeah the time thing. I can bloody relate. Feels like you're on a conveyor belt and someone won't slow it down for you to breathe. Part of why my work is piling up is I feel like I don't have time to slow down and breathe.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How recent though? Because some people seem keen on devaluing its actual meaning when trailers come out and the comments are, "OMGeez, this game is already nostalgic".
Like, a week ago.

I imagine they’re fourteen or so, meaning they would’ve been eleven at the time. To be completely fair I was already fondly remembering things from 2012 when I was fourteen, but still...

Shroob

Sup?
**** you're 29? I thought you were like my age.

And yeah the time thing. I can bloody relate. Feels like you're on a conveyor belt and someone won't slow it down for you to breathe. Part of why my work is piling up is I feel like I don't have time to slow down and breathe.
I-im not 29 yet! I still have

3 whole months of 28 left in me!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD Alrighty...though I have the feeling I will be pretty much like this:

(Also I just discovered a considerable mistake I didn't notice until now that had me suffering through SoW's demo...I am LITERALLY a beginner and a casual...so I should have checked the freaking difficulties this game has....this is embarrassing, but eh, at least I could finally go into a killing streak without a goddamn mofo Captain asking me to challenge him outta nowhere...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom