• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually have no idea which Dragon Quest skin I'm gonna be using since I like them all. They made the right call by picking many different heroes as alt skins.
I just wish Erdrick was the primary. Like, I like him more, but I’m obligated to only use Luminary.

Screw it. I’ll probably just use Erdrick.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Minecraft Dungeons looks garbo TBH, i do not approve

Square Enix Avengers looks okay but like the faces man, I don't hear Robert Downey Jr. and I don't see any of the Chrises so like I don't like it already even though they're clearly tryna copy off its style

I've think I've seen that "[Gardening Tools] Mad" Erdrick picture more than I've seen hype for Banjo.

Ya'll know what pic I'm referring to.
untitled.png

Still hilarious that mods refuse to pin the Hero trailer. Boomers gone out of control :mybodyisreggie:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
From what I've seen in the Treehouse, the new Yooka Laylee game has a pretty good level design, and I have never been a fan of the Donkey Kong Country games (this game takes some inspiration from).
I think I underrated its potential.

The Hollow Knight sequel is cool as always, especially that boss, spectacular as always.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
From what I've seen in the Treehouse, the new Yooka Laylee game has a pretty good level design, and I have never been a fan of the Donkey Kong Country games (this game takes some inspiration from).
I think I underrated its potential.

The Hollow Knight sequel is cool as always, especially that boss, spectacular as always.
really embarrasing that banjo got in smash right around yooka laylee time isnt it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bonus as in standalone like Piranha Plant?

I do expect at least one surprise standalone, no stage, no music, just the character. Bandana Dee? Kasumi Yoshizawa?
Bandanna Dee would be hype but Sakurai doesn’t seem to care for him sadly.

If it’s a first party, I bet it’s rex, if the bonus character is third party I bet it’s Geno

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh goody! My Switch VR googles have finally arrived in the mail (though I don't like that the box it came in is mildly damaged)!

Time to put it together and try it out on Smash.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the Steven universe movie sounds pretty crazy.

It takes place after change your mind and has all the diamonds in it. It’s a musical and one of the people providing music is ****ing chance the rapper.

Like what? This is gonna be wild

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I've still gotta finish the first Hollow Knight. I stalled out near the end.

Also can anyone explain the Hoes Mad thing? I don't get where that came from haha

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh goody! My Switch VR googles have finally arrived in the mail (though I don't like that the box it came in is mildly damaged)!

Time to put it together and try it out on Smash.
Hey, you never know what you can find with them.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Don't mind me. I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for Smashboards to add Banjo and Hero to the Premium Background selection

1560452245688.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bandanna Dee would be hype but Sakurai doesn’t seem to care for him sadly.

If it’s a first party, I bet it’s rex, if the bonus character is third party I bet it’s Geno
Hey, if Banjo got in, I say impossible is nothing

As for first party, still sticking to Elma, and KOS-MOS for third, assuming for the last two pass characters

And Kasumi for bonus third party/Dixie for bonus first party

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I realized something. In the Mural, Rope Snake, Mr. Saturn, Morgana, and Slime all appear, despite none of them being playable. All are from RPG series that debuted on the NES (if we're counting SMT), and...

I was getting at something, and I forgot what it was.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Game Freak isn't the type of company that listens to criticism or care about complaints. They know Pokemon is going to sell no matter what, so why should they care about the declining quality if it's still going to make a lot of cash?

I might actually skip this game now, I'm disgusted with Game Freak's current direction.
There's a lot of things they haven't listened to, but there's still some things they have. This is probably be biggest backlash they've ever received. Besides that, they said they "still haven't made a decision" on of they're going to patch it yet - that means they're actually open to the idea, at least to some degree.

Declining quality? I know this is highly subjective, but people have a tendency to forget about the things the pokemon series adds while .
It was only a week ago where everyone was excited for wild areas, over world encounters and raid areas. Now it's like none of those things matter.

I mean skip it if you want, but I'm kind of sick of the narrative that GF is lazy and never tries to improve.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 227828

Done.

And if I do say so myself, some of my better work.

[EDIT]: Now color-corrected.

[EDIT 2]: I tried some shadows.
View attachment 227830

I don't know if I like them or not but I figure options never hurt, so here's both.

[EDIT 3]: I do like them.

Considering the shadows version the definitive.
I’ve said it before, but quite frankly it hasn’t been said enough.

Your a goddamn legend.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so like

whats veggieburger's deal with minecraft and still holding onto it? like what, was this beta content or something

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm definitely more hyped for Banjo & Kazooie, but I will say that the Hero looks fun. Ironically, their generic, traditional JRPG elements make them stand out in Smash because none of our other JRPG protagonists have the same kind of gimmick, and it's fitting that the one that kicked off the craze gets that treatment.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, you guys really shouldn't dismiss GameFreak and the lack of some Pokemon being in due to them being "stubborn". Remember, everyone thought Nintendo was being stubborn with Smash Patch Notes, MM2's online policies, Splatoon 2's initially broken matchmaking and ranked modes, etc, and look what changed due to fan outrage. No reason to assume GameFreak wouldn't change due to "stubborness". Remember, they listen to the money.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
so like

whats veggieburger's deal with minecraft and still holding onto it? like what, was this beta content or something
Nintendo lied to us. Banjo was leak bait. Steve is on the way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm definitely more hyped for Banjo & Kazooie, but I will say that the Hero looks fun. Ironically, their generic, traditional JRPG elements make them stand out in Smash because none of our other JRPG protagonists have the same kind of gimmick, and it's fitting that the one that kicked off the craze gets that treatment.
i mean thats because to a lot of boomer 1990s born americans there's:

sword goku
1560453058703.png

trunks
1560453037453.png

pirate goku
1560453068003.png

what?
1560453077890.png

and really nothing more about how DQ works and pulls it aside cause anime swordman i mean he steals some moves pretty shamelessly but like

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so like

I still think he confused the Cubivore spirit for something from Minecraft

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I feel like speculation is now more.... chill?
I haven't seen anything negative or intense ever since E3 finished. I like the current atmosphere more and I hope it remains this way.

There's a lot of things they haven't listened to, but there's still some things they have. This is probably be biggest backlash they've ever received. Besides that, they said they "still haven't made a decision" on of they're going to patch it yet - that means they're actually open to the idea, at least to some degree.

Declining quality? I know this is highly subjective, but people have a tendency to forget about the things the pokemon series adds while .
It was only a week ago where everyone was excited for wild areas, over world encounters and raid areas. Now it's like none of those things matter.

I mean skip it if you want, but I'm kind of sick of the narrative that GF is lazy and never tries to improve.
They do add some improvements in each games, but to every addition it feels like they take a step back in other areas. I don't know, I'm just annoyed at Game Freak's current direction with the removing of Pokemon and other features that have been around in many games. I know they won't fix these problems because there's only five months until release, and I don't wish to support their current practice. I'll still read about more news of the game, but currently I'm not as interested in the game as I used to.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Minecraft Dungeons looks garbo TBH, i do not approve

Square Enix Avengers looks okay but like the faces man, I don't hear Robert Downey Jr. and I don't see any of the Chrises so like I don't like it already even though they're clearly tryna copy off its style

View attachment 227873

Still hilarious that mods refuse to pin the Hero trailer. Boomers gone out of control :mybodyisreggie:
I didnt know Optimus Prime liked Dragon Quest

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
i mean thats because to a lot of boomer 1990s born americans there's:

sword goku
View attachment 227878

trunks
View attachment 227877

pirate goku
View attachment 227879

what?
View attachment 227880

and really nothing more about how DQ works and pulls it aside cause anime swordman i mean he steals some moves pretty shamelessly but like
Don't forget, the spell Psyche Up was shown in the trailer for Hero, and Psyche Up in Dragon Quest is the equivelent of going Super Saiyan

1560453659787.png

D

Deleted member

I feel like speculation is now more.... chill?
I haven't seen anything negative or intense ever since E3 finished. I like the current atmosphere more and I hope it remains this way.
Well with Hero and Banjo on the way 2 of the biggest debates in speculation have finally settled down, and there's not much more to speculate on because there's no major leaks to go off of and nobody is sure where the DLC will go next.
I made a joke about how we're gonna argue about which Capcom character we'll be getting but every time the topic has come up in the past it's been pretty chill.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dang the Phoenix support thread is boppin' with activity after the last Direct. If not in Smash I hope AA7 shows up at TGS this year as it really should to discuss it with plenty of peeps!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just tried Smash's VR mode with the goggles.

It's pretty awesome but my head now hurts a little bit.

The only thing I don't like is it appears the only controller option is having the Joy-Cons attached to the system (no Pro Controller or or Joy-Con grip) :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom