• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
people out here wowing at bowser punching peach in the face when he's been doing that since super smash brothers melee for the nintendo gamecube

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of:

Do we all kinda unanimously agree that we're getting character 4 shown off during the September Direct?

Because otherwise, the only Direct left is the winter one, or TGA again, and I doubt we're going to get another 2-fer.

We could get a 'surprise' reveal via a "Final presentation" in Feb, but I think the winter Direct would be the final presentation.
I’d say this is pretty likely. Although if the direct I’m movember isn’t called the final one, you can bet that fighter pass two is coming. We could also maybe get a bonus character as well if pass directs are to go by.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’d say this is pretty likely. Although if the direct I’m movember isn’t called the final one, you can bet that fighter pass two is coming. We could also maybe get a bonus character as well if pass directs are to go by.
Bonus as in standalone like Piranha Plant?

I do expect at least one surprise standalone, no stage, no music, just the character. Bandana Dee? Kasumi Yoshizawa?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
When I first played Twilight Princess there's no way I'd have felt the same way, but now I'm actually looking forward to the Dorf finally coming back

Hopefully that won't be the case - BOTW2 seems to broadly be doing what MM did, and while MM reused a lot of assets, it still had an entirely new map. Hoping that the shot of Hyrule we see at the end of the teaser is just at the beginning, and we get to explore a whole new different environment.

Besides, I felt that that the whole "explore the wild" thing was BOTW's unique selling point, so they won't try and exactly replicate it in the sequel
It's been far too long since we last Ganondorf in a Zelda game. The last time we saw him was in Twilight Princess which is like 13 years ago. I probably wouldn't been nearly as excited for the game as I currently am if I didn't know Ganondorf would be coming back.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Bonus as in standalone like Piranha Plant?

I do expect at least one surprise standalone, no stage, no music, just the character. Bandana Dee? Kasumi Yoshizawa?
tfw they add kasumi but don't take the opportunity to add colours flying high, the new battle theme from her trailer, and life will change because WHERE IS IT SAKURAI

1560445873724.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
tfw they add kasumi but don't take the opportunity to add colours flying high, the new battle theme from her trailer, and life will change because WHERE IS IT SAKURAI

View attachment 227862
Tfw no Pink Mementos alt as a reference to P3P and no P3P music either

I know Kasumi is just a regular member but throwing a reference to Minako would be a nice touch

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I swear if Mario and Sonic 2020 does the whole guest character thing again
Like I get that the games are usually mediocre but characters should seriously be a priority, not restricting them
also if Pink Gold Peach is playable I don't want her to be restricted to one sport

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Hopefully that won't be the case - BOTW2 seems to broadly be doing what MM did, and while MM reused a lot of assets, it still had an entirely new map. Hoping that the shot of Hyrule we see at the end of the teaser is just at the beginning, and we get to explore a whole new different environment.

Besides, I felt that that the whole "explore the wild" thing was BOTW's unique selling point, so they won't try and exactly replicate it in the sequel
What would cause Hyrule to change enough to be significantly different, though? There’s a few possibilities, such as:

- After Hyrule Castle starts to fly, some kind of apocalypse happens basically immediately afterward
- Hyrule Castle flies to somewhere that isn’t Hyrule, which is where the rest of the game takes place
- The player’s character gets killed in the opening sequence, resulting in a 100 year time skip while they are resurrected

Iridium

Smash Hero
If the devs for BOTW 2 can't revisit early concepts from the previous game for the main story, then I would love to see it used for new DLC content. Like this one.

I just want to use these, at least.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So here's my take.

I'm predicting BotW2 will feature Link, Zelda, and a small crew (including Sidon and Kass in said crew would be preferable) sailing across the sea to either a new continent or a series of islands in order to stop the reanimated corpse of Ganon from obtaining a powerful object or person capable of destroying Hyrule.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
So uh
View attachment 227864
Notice how Hero moves around and taunts? This means Bounce is a status effect. Pour one out for the Mega Man mains
I wonder how much MP that uses and how long it lasts. Would it be possible to keep it up near constantly if, if he utilizes the advantage it gives him very effectively, he has a way to regenerate enough MP while it’s active to use it again almost continually?

D

Deleted member

so lets talk about how disrespectful the mod over on the Smash ult subreddit are.

They sticked banjos trailer twice but didnt even bother stickying Heros trailer. Does that seem at all fair?
ok that's just uncool
Hero was just as hype as Banjo

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wonder how much MP that uses and how long it lasts. Would it be possible to keep it up near constantly if, if he utilizes the advantage it gives him very effectively, he has a way to regenerate enough MP while it’s active to use it again almost continually?
Bounce takes 4 mp and lasts about 6~9 turns. So my guess it its lasting the equivalence of 6~9 turns in Smash

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I certainly hope we get a second pass at least. You know what. I’ll change some things around and give us a prediction for a second pass.

Bonus Character: Piranha Plant

Fighter Pass 1
  1. Joker
  2. The Hero
  3. Banjo & Kazooie
  4. Crash Bandicoot
  5. Knight Artorias
Bonus Character: Geno

Fighter Pass 2
  1. Steve
  2. Spyro the Dragon
  3. Leon S. Kennedy
  4. Ryu Hayabusa
  5. Kratos

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Someone just died in Luigi’s Mansion 3 on the Treehouse livestream in between game presentations while the camera was looking directly at their screen... RIP.

Bounce takes 4 mp and lasts about 6~9 turns. So my guess it its lasting the equivalence of 6~9 turns in Smash
I’d imagine it’d cost more than that in Smash, but, then again, maybe his MP doesn’t regenerate during a stock and so the low cost balances out more, IDK. It does look like it lasts a decent amount of time, though, more than enough time to gain the advantage if the opponent can’t switch game plans quickly.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
im back from orientation baby

it was ****ing below average at best

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so lets talk about how disrespectful the mod over on the Smash ult subreddit are.

They sticked banjos trailer twice but didnt even bother stickying Heros trailer. Does that seem at all fair?
link it so i can laugh at them

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I actually have no idea which Dragon Quest skin I'm gonna be using since I like them all. They made the right call by picking many different heroes as alt skins.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I actually have no idea which Dragon Quest skin I'm gonna be using since I like them all. They made the right call by picking many different heroes as alt skins.
no offense but luminary looks way off when literally everyone else is just goku

youre either goku or die bruv

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Same. I'm just going to start off with Solo because I really like his design the most.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I have a job shadowing session at a social work organization two towns over from me...and it'll last 6 hours. Huzzah.

Even still, I hope I get the job at this point. We'll see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm probably gonna play DQIII Hero/Erdrick when I play as Hero. I like the color scheme. :3

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
what alts would banjo have?

does he have a nuts and bolts skin

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Gonna use Erdrick when I try him out. He's the one I got used to because everyone kept talking about him, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom