• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
aw man just checked reveal trailers

banjo has like 10k more likes and hero has more dislikes

leave the anime swordsmen alone youtube smh

Don't forget, the spell Psyche Up was shown in the trailer for Hero, and Psyche Up in Dragon Quest is the equivelent of going Super Saiyan

View attachment 227881
nah that's erdrick black

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
im still on the boat that it couldnt work like that cause hes one blocky ****

just give me the master chief mii costume pls thx
Ehh I think they can make it look fine.
I mean hell, someone modded Steve as a Link skin in Smash 4:

Dang the Phoenix support thread is boppin' with activity after the last Direct. If not in Smash I hope AA7 shows up at TGS this year as it really should to discuss it with plenty of peeps!
AA6 was released in 2016 and DGS2 was released in 2017. I really think we might get news on the next game this year.

So uh

Notice how Hero moves around and taunts? This means Bounce is a status effect. Pour one out for the Mega Man mains
Everyone is so distracted by the Hero showing off his new spells that nobody noticed that Villager is throwing axes now...

... ok, maybe he just pocketed a Belmont axe ... but then, the real question is ... what the hell happened to that Belmont?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everyone is so distracted by the Hero showing off his new spells that nobody noticed that Villager is throwing axes now...

... ok, maybe he just pocketed a Belmont axe ... but then, the real question is ... what the hell happened to that Belmont?

why you not worrying over the fact that he has a reflected reflected axe in his pocket that he could kill someone with at 0

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For real tho, I fully expect there to be a Minecraft boss along with the return of Boss Battles. Maybe some other bosses also get added in like Porky and Tabuu.

Would be the easiest single player mode they can add (along with the datamined Home-Run Contest) unlike Smash Run which would take more work or a Melee-esque Adventure Mode (which I don't think is happening but I would love to have).

And Break the Targets straight up isn't happening given how many characters are in and having a stage for all of them. Brawl's version wouldn't be that big of a deal and Smash 4's was poorly received.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Did we ever find out why Jon Lovitz seemed to be plugging something at E3 in that tweet? I can't imagine he knew about Banjo being in Smash. Was the tweet fake?

Also, I'm insanely excited for Banjo, he's one of the characters I've been wanting for as long as I can remember. I remember buying and Xbox 360 because I was excited for "the new Banjo game" (Nuts & Bolts) and I even loved it and all of its weird car building stuff. I went into the Microsoft conference this year thinking there had to be something Banjo coming this year, whether it was a new game, a remake, or even just news of the originals coming to Switch in some form, but nope. The thing I left the conference the most excited about was "wow, I guess it's kinda cool that they're making a new Flight Simulator." Then the Direct happened, I'm so happy.

And as for "The Hero", I think he looks awesome, he should be really fun to play as. I've never played a Dragon Quest, but after this announcement, I certainly think I'll be picking up DQ11S in September.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They do add some improvements in each games, but to every addition it feels like they take a step back in other areas. I don't know, I'm just annoyed at Game Freak's current direction with the removing of Pokemon and other features that have been around in many games. I know they won't fix these problems because there's only five months until release, and I don't wish to support their current practice. I'll still read about more news of the game, but currently I'm not as interested in the game as I used to.
If they decide to fix it it'll definitely be through patches, considering that it was probably a deadline issue and GF isn't really in a position where they can delay games. But as I said, they seem to at least be considering the idea which is honestly more then I would normally expect from them.

Sorry if I got annoyed, the way people on Reddit/Twitter has kind of been acting has been getting to my head. I'm not going to judge anyone for skipping a game they don't want.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The next Banjo VS Steve/Sora VS Erdrick?

Resident Evil VS Ace Attorney

Give it some time lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The next Banjo VS Steve/Sora VS Erdrick?

Resident Evil VS Ace Attorney

Give it some time lol.
and then it turns out to be the based third option

1560454542005.png

yeah leon's "iconic" or whatever but this guy slays zombies and has a slushie mech suit fight me

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
resident evil's meme game is sorely lacking

this fight is already over
AA has memes but RE has mainstream popularity.

I wonder who will emerge the victor?

INB4 Capcom gets no rep. :)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Hero was a lackluster but appropriate addition. The Dragon Quest franchise has stuck closely with Nintendo over the years, and it's gained quite a following in Japan. I might not like Hero's standard moveset (because let's face it, it uses a lot of recycled attacks from other swordfighters), but I can at least acknowledge how unique he'll be thanks to his spell-casting move.

Reminds me of people who bashed WFT when she was revealed. To this day, I'm still confused as to why people weren't as kind to her than they were with Shulk, a literal who at the time. A yoga instructor fighting in Smash was one of Sakurai's most brilliant and original ideas, but no one could look past that because "No one requested her! Wasted spot!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i mean thats because to a lot of boomer 1990s born americans there's:

sword goku
View attachment 227878

trunks
View attachment 227877

pirate goku
View attachment 227879

what?
View attachment 227880

and really nothing more about how DQ works and pulls it aside cause anime swordman i mean he steals some moves pretty shamelessly but like
Dragon Quest is another anime swordsmen in the same way seinfeld is now unfunny. It created so many tropes that have been reused for decades that in retrospect it's pretty much just a collection of tropes at this point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
only bad thing about Hero being in smash is all the "BuT tHe COMpOSer" people coming out of the woods. I cant stand them
tfw DQ gets more tracks than Final Fantasy

AA has memes but RE has mainstream popularity.

I wonder who will emerge the victor?

INB4 Capcom gets no rep. :)
nah, sorry chief

forget steve, now i'm the frank west shill

look at this **** its bonkers

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I think Hero was a lackluster but appropriate addition. The Dragon Quest franchise has stuck closely with Nintendo over the years, and it's gained quite a following in Japan. I might not like Hero's standard moveset (because let's face it, it uses a lot of recycled attacks from other swordfighters), but I can at least acknowledge how unique he'll be thanks to his spell-casting move.
Kinda how I feel. Know nothing about DQ, so he does nothing for me personally, but the fanbase is definitely there, the Nintendo connections are strong, and the stage/music should be top-notch.

Overall he's a middle of the road entry for me, but who knows? Might like him once I get some actual hands-on time.

I joke about people being mad but Im legit sick of the disrespect given to Hero by this immature fandom
YouTube likes isn't really a good place to judge a fandom on

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If a Resident Evil vs Ace Attorney war starts then I have no idea on whose side I'll be. I guess I'll be a fence sitter and support both sides.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sure, I know nothing about Dragon Quest and have no plans on trying it, I am not mad at Hero's inclusion and I was never on the "Waah! Too many sword fighters!" boat.

He looks unique enough.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
With Microsoft getting involved in Smash, at this point I hope for some Age of Empires content... since Age of Empires II Definitive Edition and Age of Empires IV have been announced, Microsoft would benefit of some advertising.
(I mean, spirits or Mii costume, or something).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom