• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So the Pokemon that are cut won't be patched in the future?
Mega evolution is gonna be cut as well?

Wow, I don't think I've been THIS disappointed in a Pokemon game before.
Maybe if we raise a big enough stink they’ll change their minds. It worked for playing with friends online in Mario Maker 2...

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
They've actually been moving away from the 'Gotta catch em all' for over a decade now. The slogan stopped being used past Gen 3 for the games, Gen 4 started the emphasis on completing the Regional Dex for major rewards and then Gen 7 took that to it's natural conclusion by only requiring the Regional Dex's completion while simultaneously removing the National Dex (where all the Pokemon are held) entirely. Unless you're a completionist there's little incentive for players to go past collecting the options that the region exclusively offers, so casual players who are just in it for the adventure haven't had to feel like they're missing out.
They still got the catch em’ all on their official Twitter
D6DDF250-79DB-4DC3-8171-5BC90E791A32.jpeg

If they’re moving away from that, I imagine a lot of long time fans will be moving away from the games as well. Probably won’t matter since it will sell anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Literally what was the point of z moves then if they were hyped up as a major mechanic before being cut the very next game?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Maybe if we raise a big enough stink they’ll change their minds. It worked for playing with friends online in Mario Maker 2...
Game Freak isn't the type of company that listens to criticism or care about complaints. They know Pokemon is going to sell no matter what, so why should they care about the declining quality if it's still going to make a lot of cash?

I might actually skip this game now, I'm disgusted with Game Freak's current direction.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Ayyy it's the other funny page number (not that one, the other one)

.. uh anyways, yeah the no megas thing is especially dumb when there aren't even that many of them: true, they weren't all immediately available in Gen 7, but at least they eventually released the stones for them over time

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here is my list of most exciting to least exciting.

1. Joker
2. Ridley
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. King K. Rool
5. Simon/Richter
6. Incineroar
7. Hero
8. Inkling
9. Chrom
10. Piranha Plant
11. Ken
12. Isabelle
13. Daisy
14. Dark Samus

A thing to note: All of these reveals were awesome. Thoughts?
I will definitely put Inkling the first due to the fact they reveal Inkling along with the announce of Smash Ultimate last year's March.
Joker unfortunately I didn't see his trailer live so... he's under top 5 for me.

Piranha Plant, despite my main, probably is the worst newcomer reveals in my opinion because I still don't like the fact Piranha Plant is in Smash, sounds contradicting but you get what I meant,

With the new Animal Crossing game, I like how the final scene where they show the title and release date... with two Smash Bros Villagers (I know they are from City Folk, but still...), standing there.. menacingly...

D

Deleted member

I get hyped as hell when I imagine an Eight vs Samus match while this sounds in the background:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Literally what was the point of z moves then if they were hyped up as a major mechanic before being cut the very next game?
At this point, Game Freak is just trying to come up with a new gimmick every Gen to keep things new.

While simultaneously forgetting about the gimmicks they created the previous generations.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Breath of the Wild 2 looks very interesting. It was a short trailer with no words spoken but it managed to tell us everything we needed to know. I'm hyped that Ganondorf is coming back.

D

Deleted member

Breath of the Wild 2 looks very interesting. It was a short trailer with no words spoken but it managed to tell us everything we needed to know. I'm hyped that Ganondorf is coming back.
My one hope is that when they say "revisit Hyrule", they mean revisit the general world of BOTW and not that the game's map is just gonna be a slightly altered version of BOTW's. That would be pretty disappointing.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I wonder if Ganondorf will actually fully resurrect himself or will he be undead the entire game.

Honestly either way is an interesting option, I just love me some Ganondorf.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
For me the part that put me off buying the new Pokémon was the legandaries. Couple a dogs. That ain’t worth grinding to the endgame for :laugh:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They still got the catch em’ all on their official Twitter
If they’re moving away from that, I imagine a lot of long time fans will be moving away from the games as well. Probably won’t matter since it will sell anyway.
It's been disassociated with the games and hasn't been used in their promotion. Take Pokemon Silver's box art vs. Ruby's, in the former the slogan's clearly front and center whereas with Ruby it's removed entirely and that's been the case with every generation since. You can tell there's not as much of a focus on that catch phrase, and at best it's an archaic slogan that's only brought up as a quick nod to the past.

Potato_

Smash Lord
hello Nintendo yes it's the 13th why can I not play Cadence of Hyrule yet

pls gib

I’m starting to really want Nightmare from Soul Caliber now. Yeah I know we have Ike and Cloud for swinging giant Swords, but I think he could really have a interesting move set.

1. Soul Edge is a soul hungry weapon that can leach the life of its wielder and its victim. This could be be expressed as a lifesteal mechanic, Nightmare could enter a power up mode that deal damage over time to himself, but for the duration he gains lifestealing properties on his attacks. A risk reward mechanic that reinforces an aggressive play style.

2. While Nightmare wields a giant sword, he can use his claw-hand for his quick tilt attacks, leaving his sword for only the strongest of attacks making it feel “heavy”. Plus the claw is great for fun grabs.

3. Nightmare can use the energies of Soul Edge for special moves. This can be something simple like a burst of energy around him or it can be as something as cool as riding a spectral steed!
just imagine him riding around like WarioView attachment 227847
Nintendo's Fighter pass:

- Cool thief with a magical spirit
- Legendary swordsman
- A goofy bear and bird
- LITERAL DEMON HELLSPAWN IN THE FORM OF A SWORD THAT HAS ATTACHED ITSELF TO A HUMAN HOST

I'd be down, I love Soul Calibur.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post; spam
I see people were talking about non-video game characters getting into smash?

816B1382-9DED-46CE-AA86-9EB1F2E0EDE6.jpeg

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
My big hope for this game is playable Zelda but I had the same hope for her to be playable in the first BOTW, and we see how that turned out
Nintendo isn't gonna fool me with their fancy pre-release tricks this time :x
The amount of people loving the new animal crossing makes me happy
same here. I grew up with AC, my first game was Wild World in 2007. still remember when my sister gave me her DS copy out of the blue, can't thank her enough for introducing me to this amazing series

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Animal Crossing New Horizons looks so freaking good. Definitely my favorite thing shown at E3
Aside from Karate Peach of course
I’m really excited. Seems like they are really taking it to the next level. It’s what I’ve been hoping for with Nintendo being able to focus all its energy on one console instead of splitting between console and DS.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
The only bad thing about ACNH is that it got delayed.
But that's fine, at least we aren't getting a rushed product
And apparently Isabelle has to be unlocked, and you still can't kick ugly villagers off your island

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
When I first played Twilight Princess there's no way I'd have felt the same way, but now I'm actually looking forward to the Dorf finally coming back

My one hope is that when they say "revisit Hyrule", they mean revisit the general world of BOTW and not that the game's map is just gonna be a slightly altered version of BOTW's. That would be pretty disappointing.
Hopefully that won't be the case - BOTW2 seems to broadly be doing what MM did, and while MM reused a lot of assets, it still had an entirely new map. Hoping that the shot of Hyrule we see at the end of the teaser is just at the beginning, and we get to explore a whole new different environment.

Besides, I felt that that the whole "explore the wild" thing was BOTW's unique selling point, so they won't try and exactly replicate it in the sequel

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only bad thing about ACNH is that it got delayed.
But that's fine, at least we aren't getting a rushed product
And apparently Isabelle has to be unlocked, and you still can't kick ugly villagers off your island
Imagine on every island, the most hated villager of that player is tucked away in thr corner of the map all by themselves

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
If any of y'all ever wanted to see a Bowser vs Peach karate match or Eggman skateboarding...

Well... here you go:

awww look at my baby getting beat up
Imagine on every island, the most hated villager of that player is tucked away in thr corner of the map all by themselves
that's gonna be Tank's reality if he becomes one of my starting villagers for the ****ing fourth time in the row

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom