• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
While I don't think companies should always go willy-nilly with unnecessary changes, I think some people can be too sensitive about the idea of censorship.

Yes video games are art, but art can always be adapted, edited or improved. I guess I can see why some people would be less comfortable with people aside from the original artist making an adjustment, but things like video games usually have teams of several people working on it already anyway.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
While I don't think companies should always go willy-nilly with unnecessary changes, I think some people can be too sensitive about the idea of censorship.

Yes video games are art, but art can always be adapted, edited or improved. I guess I can see why some people would be less comfortable with people aside from the original artist making an adjustment, but things like video games usually have teams of several people working on it already anyway.
So, the leafs on old statues were a good thing? Censorship is a tough topic. Who gets to make that call? For extremes look to china and how it censors. Like i said. There is a slope somewhere.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
well... that was kinda out of nowhere

insiders were spot on

they really smeckledorfed us with an afternoon announcement huh?

It's another early morning one, so my condolences to the west coast

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So, the leafs on old statues were a good thing? Censorship is a tough topic. Who gets to make that call? For extremes look to china and how it censors. Like i said. There is a slope somewhere.
I just like to look at censorship as a case-by-case basis. That's better then getting charged when the topic up and thinking of it as a solely a "good" or "bad" thing.

Of course government enforced censorship like you've mentioned with China is something I'm far more wary about compared to companies censoring their own products.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

insiders were spot on

Uhhh, well done to those who want it. Might get AC but I'll pass on this.

Still waiting on a general one, especially regarding the Xenoblade remake.

D

Deleted member

insiders were spot on

INB4 all of the "Is there going to be a smash reveal?!" comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I still don't know when/ if i'm gonna get the new animal crossing, so i'm not sure if i'm gonna wake up early to watch. I wonder what they'll announce though.

Inb4 Tom Nook Smash reveal

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Attention everyone!

I have a very important announcement to make. This post is my 6,969th post on all of Smashboards! So to celebrate this momentous occasion, I one thing to say:

Nice.

Also go watch The Dragon Prince on Netflix, it's almost like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Fire Emblem had a baby with elves and a couple pokemon in it.

Dutch Raikuna

I just like to look at censorship as a case-by-case basis. That's better then getting charged when the topic up and thinking of it as a solely a "good" or "bad" thing.

Of course government enforced censorship like you've mentioned with China is something I'm far more wary about compared to companies censoring their own products.
Now that would be a lovely topic to discuss.
Government censorship and why they do it.
Not here of course.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

insiders were spot on

Iirc, didn't that one insider that claimed that Crash was FP6 said that a Direct would be on, or announced on a Wednesday? Or is my mind kerfuddled?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

insiders were spot on

This isn’t what we meant Nintendo.

I won’t be tuning in. No point in it. At this point they don’t have any reason to do a general direct. They’ve got everything covered. So no new announcements till E3.

I feel hopeless. Only tangentially about games. Mostly just life in general.

D

Deleted member

Iirc, didn't that one insider that claimed that Crash was FP6 said that a Direct would be on, or announced on a Wednesday? Or is my mind kerfuddled?
Today's a Tuesday, unless you're in Australia or somewhere very far away from the U.S

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
That reminds me of an odd dream I had last night. Crash was announced as the next fighter, Dixie was there too but she didn't get to be her own character they just slapped her into diddy's moveset in an update.

D

Deleted member

I won’t be tuning in. No point in it. At this point they don’t have any reason to do a general direct. They’ve got everything covered. So no new announcements till E3.

Snake, it's just a presentation. I don't think feeling hopeless about this is very healthy.

Besides, who said that there can only be one Direct per month? For all we know they could announce a general direct the day after!

Dutch Raikuna

Remember my lengthy ass post the other day after you felt like this?

Read it. It's just a gaming direct. And think of ways to better yourself.

Understand you have stuff going on but sometimes you gotta not act like a shovelful of ****e and uh clean it or something.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
honestly, we're probably gonna get a general direct within the next few weeks anyways (likely sometime in early march to be specific), so I don't quite see why the doom and gloom's all that necessary

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

insiders were spot on

My Brilliant ****post image from a few pages ago is dead.
sad crash.gif

Worst day of my days.

Joke aside, hope the AC fans are happy, and that we get a general direct soon after this one.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

do not bring that negativity in here, nobody asked for that.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

I think you might have a bit of an unhealthy relationship with video games if you honestly feel this strongly about this

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Remember my lengthy ass post the other day after you felt like this?

Read it. It's just a gaming direct. And think of ways to better yourself.
No matter how much I say it’s not about the games everyone refuses to believe me. Games are the easiest target. Games are the easiest outlet. But they’re not the reason I’m depressed and fixing them probably wouldn’t fix me.

Let me use this analogy, my brain is like standing in a severe rainstorm with no umbrella, and the poor gaming events are like the bird that poops on me when I say “at least it can’t get any worse”.

D

Deleted member

I think you might have a bit of an unhealthy relationship with video games if you honestly feel this strongly about this
I don't think there's any debating that at this point honestly.

There has been a lot of times where Snake just breaks down mentally even if she doesn't give a damn about what's she's breaking down over(like when Byleth was revealed)

Nothing against her as a person, but I think she needs to seek more help then she's already getting if its gotten to this point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think there's any debating that at this point honestly.

There has been a lot of times where Snake just breaks down mentally even if she doesn't give a damn about what's she's breaking down over(like when Byleth was revealed)

Nothing against her as a person, but I think she needs to seek more help then she's already getting if its gotten to this point.
What do you expect of me? See TWO therapists? Go on SEVEN different medications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom