• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Glorious snek. Snek is love, snek is life.
IMG_20200218_142332 (1).jpg

(this is the only drawing I've done so far that I think looks any kind of good lmao)

osby

Smash Obsessed
They censoring persona 5 royal? What now?
Localization is changing a couple of scenes that are highly offensive to queer people in the vanilla P5. They were widely considered to be bad and unnecessary jokes, so how can anyone think this is a bad thing is beyond me.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Localization is changing a couple of scenes that are highly offensive to queer people in the vanilla P5. They were widely considered to be bad and unnecessary jokes how can anyone think this is a bad thing is beyond me.
So, from online. Two gay characters were being mean to the main characters?

It seems vague. And given i did not play p5 yet, it sounds confusing.

---

Is this similar to what hg101 did to the goemon translator?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Localization is changing a couple of scenes that are highly offensive to queer people in the vanilla P5. They were widely considered to be bad and unnecessary jokes how can anyone think this is a bad thing is beyond me.
Its where I can have a problem with localisation. At the end of the day it is just a minute compared to like 70 hours and I'm very word for word on the translations.

Hell I remember people wanted to censor Kasumi for God's sakes and someone said he would even buy the game if that happened.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Its where I can have a problem with localisation. At the end of the day it is just a minute compared to like 70 hours and I'm very word for word on the translations.

Hell I remember people wanted to censor Kasumi for God's sakes and someone said he would even buy the game if that happened.
I am the opposite. Unless for very good reasons, i do not buy censored products.

So i want to understand what is going on with p5r at the moment.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Kasumi looks like someone P5R will somewhat force Joker to be intimate with...which would be the big boo. Makoto/Kawakami/Takemi are the only women a man needs

Also the Sonic movie was ****ing great (best video game movie right now)
Makoto is best girl

fite mah

D

Deleted member

Me looking at the discussion going on rn:
1582059065435.png

bye, cya later. Not getting involved in this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sounds really fun!
It should be. Sadly I gotta work the first day, but I'll still have close to over 24 hours in total of fun time.

Plus, it gives me time to think about stuff. Maybe I can get a bit more done on my Pokemon hack by fixing up the spreadsheet. I also can figure out my last Fighter's Pass 2(personal list) character~

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I saw an article from Forbes that has the two scenes in question.
Try there.
Watched it on youtube. One character was abducted by two older gay men.

Maybe i am desensitized, but what was the issue again?

---

Cant read forbes. Wants me to turn off adblock.

---

Ok. Read it. Still dont get the fuss. Scene was not that bad. And i read worse on twitter with people hating white men half the time. The scene did not add much. It also seemed very japanese.

I am unsure howmuch i care. It is not really removing content. Unless thry pander or completely change the scene. I call meh on it . Not like fe cesonsorship where they treat adult buyers like children.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
To be blunt, if I had to guess, the issue is that those characters reinforce the stigma that gay guys are creepy and predatory? I mean, "abducting a guy" is all the context you really need.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
To be blunt, if I had to guess, the issue is that those characters reinforce the stigma that gay guys are creepy and predatory? I mean, "abducting a guy" is all the context you really need.
Fair there in a way. BoP was saying men are all ahats. I think it is not that bad of a change. But there is a slope here somewhere.

D

Deleted member

Watched it on youtube. One character was abducted by two older gay men.

Maybe i am desensitized, but what was the issue again?

---

Cant read forbes. Wants me to turn off adblock.

---

Ok. Read it. Still dont get the fuss. Scene was not that bad. And i read worse on twitter with people hating white men half the time. The scene did not add much. It also seemed very japanese.

I am unsure howmuch i care. It is not really removing content. Unless thry pander or completely change the scene. I call meh on it . Not like fe cesonsorship where they treat adult buyers like children.
Uh... It’s a negative stereotypical depiction of homosexuals. And they basically kidnap a minor. How is that not bad?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Uh... It’s a negative stereotypical depiction of homosexuals. And they basically kidnap a minor. How is that not bad?
Again, like the "all men are pigs" stereotype or all of bop. Do all depictions of homosexuals need to be positive? For that matter, where is the line for negative representation? Who can only be positive and who can be negative? It is more complicated then that.

Scene was meant to be played for laughs. Used an old cliche that was not very funny. A better joke would be nice.

I am on the fence if it needed a change. It is a game, and the scene was not meant to be taken seriously.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
12.png
13.png

xD Can I say how much I love silly glitches in videogames? Despite currently getting my butt kicked multiple times in SoW's demo (...It's the first time I play this game, again, it is way more complex than AC) and getting mad...silly glitches like this one with Talion's cape doesn't cease to get laughs out of me. It made me wonder if Talion is thinking "Is the cape making my butt look fat?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom