• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Recently came back from the Sonic movie and this man was the third best thing from it besides Jim Carrey and Sonic himself:

Alright I did it. Took me hours, but I made a moveset for Dragapult.

View attachment 262821

Here we go

Who is Dragapult? Well it’s a Pokémon from the Galar region. A Dragon/Ghost type creature who once roamed the sea in prehistoric times, but went extinct and was reborn as a spirit. It’s pastimes include shooting it’s babies out of it’s head.

It’s high speed and powerful physical offense make it one of the strongest Pokémon in Galar’s competitive, and a personal favorite of mine. Not much is known about its personality at the moment, so I had to improvise. This particular Dragapult is very haughty, looking down on others as if it views them as pitiful at the absolute best. Chuckling to itself with the wisdom of something that’s been around a couple thousand years and has seen a few things in that time. It’s got it all figured out, and it figures you’re a loser. The Dreepy in it’s horns however, are more childlike and filled with a boundless curiosity despite their weak forms. Even though their personalities contrast, they work in perfect sync with each other.

For it’s neutral attack, Dragapult will swipe the end of it’s ghostly tail left to right. This transitions to a rapid jab, where it whips the end of its tail back and forth.

It’s side A has it sweep it’s whole tail in front of it, letting the momentum of it’s previous run carry it a bit.

It’s down A has it lift it’s tail and quickly slam it back down.

It’s up A is a quick headbutt upwards. Those horns aren’t just for shooting.

It’s aerials are all maneuvers involving it’s tail, be it swinging downwards, upwards, forwards or backwards.
Dragapult grabs with it’s long tail, wrapping it around it’s opponent. The pummel has it squeeze it’s foe like a boa constrictor, over and over.

The forward throw has it spin around and toss it’s foe.

The up throw has it turn upside down, throwing it’s foe upwards on the way.

The back throw has it spin counter clock wise and toss the foe.

The down throw has it slam the foe downwards, pin them under it’s tail, and fire a dragon pulse right at them.
(Sorry for the crap doodles)

View attachment 262823
Neutral Special-Dragon Darts

It’s signature move. When the button is pressed once, Dragapult will launch a single Dreepy. When pressed twice, it’ll launch both Dreepy forwards, one after the other. When the button is held down and the move is allowed to charge, Dragapult will launch both Dreepy simultaneously to both sides of it. Hitting enemies to the left and right.

View attachment 262824
Side Special-Phantom Force

Engulfed in ghostly energy, Dragapult will rocket forwards across the stage. If it hits someone, Dragapult will disappear...and reappear facing the opposite direction! This could be used to damage and disorient enemies, dropping them in a completely different location while they’re still pressing buttons. It can be aimed as well. This move can only teleport one character at a time.

View attachment 262825
Up Special-U-Turn

Dragapult will shoot upwards and quickly land back down a little to the right, resembling an upside down “U” shape. Anyone under Dragapult when it touches down will be pretty badly hurt.

View attachment 262826
Down Special-Will o Wisp/Hex

This move is a two parter. At first, Dragapult will use will o wisp. Summoning a ghostly flame and shooting it forwards. If it hits someone, they’ll be afflicted with a burn. It’s basically the same as spicy curry. But here comes the next part, once someone on the stage is burned, will o wisp becomes Hex.

Dragapult will shoot some small spirit energy. If it hits someone who isn’t burned it does nothing, but if it hits someone with a burn...
View attachment 262827
KABOOM! Massive damage! And they’ll be knocked out for a little while. It’s kinda like a more situational rest. The Hex moves slowly, so it’ll be tricky to hit the burn victim while they’re running around before the burn wears off. But it’s oh-so worth it.

View attachment 262828Final Smash-Max Wyrmwind

Dragapult will Dynamax, and teleport to the background of the stage. It’ll use Max Wyrmwind, summoning a massive tornado of draconian energy across the stage. Sucking up fighters and doing big damage.
View attachment 262830
In Dragapult’s up taunt, the Dreepy will whisper to it, and they’ll all chuckle to themselves. They’re probably laughing at you...

View attachment 262831
In the side taunt, the Dreepy will happfly around Dragapult as it watches, content that the kids are happy.

View attachment 262832
in the down taunt, Dragapult briefly turns invisible before reappearing.
View attachment 262833
Pikachu is minding his business while an invisibile Dragapult stalks him. Dragapult will jump scare Pikachu, scaring the crap out of him.

View attachment 262834
Dragapult and the Dreepy will dance with eachother. Twirling around in the air and singing a little tune.

View attachment 262835
Dragapult is having some trouble firing form it’s horns. The camera pans out just as it finally shoots and...Pichu was in there???

It’s victory theme would be a snippet of the Sw/Sh main theme. Which is the main Pokémon theme with the Hall of Fame theme mixed in.
Dragapult’s Alts are based on other pseudo legendary Pokémon. (I didn’t draw them sorryyy)

An orange alt with green horns and a tan tail, based on Dragonite.

A green alt with purple horns and a black tail, based on Tyranitar.

A light blue alt with red horns and a white tail, based on Salamance.

A dark blue alt with yellow horns and a red tail, based on Garchomp.

A Cobalt alt with magenta horns and a black tail, based on Hydreigon.

A light purple alt with green horns and a dark purple tail, based on Goodra.

And finally a grey alt with red horns and a yellow tail, based on Kommo-o.

Sorry Metagross :/

The Dreepy will also the the form of the Pokémon’s pre evolutions.
Dragapult would be a fast and strong fighter, with powerful yet kinda tricky attacks. It can be used by a new player just fine, but in the hands of a player who knows what they’re doing? It’s a force to be reckoned with. It doesn’t have that many jumps though, and it’s recovery can send it straight down off the stage if aimed incorrectly (like Incineroar).

Now, I think Dragapult has a real shot at Smash?

...pffft NO! It’s gonna be Urshifu or something, definitely not this ghost salamander with a big ass tail and stubby little arms. I did this for fun, and it’s that odd body shape that made making this so fun.

So yeah, there it is. Thanks for reading!
Wademan94 Wademan94 Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F AndreaAC AndreaAC @JDCabrera MooMew64 MooMew64 @PeridotGX ZephyrZ ZephyrZ @pizzadudemanguy
Really nice work overall!

Shroob

Sup?
Green Lantern at its best is basically Cops in Space. It has all the trappings of law enforcement drama, just with weird alien rings instead of guns and batons. All the stuff about the emotional spectrum is interesting, but has mire to do with the philosophy behind the universe then day by day stories.
I tried, I just couldn't really get into it. A bunch of smurfs are in control of the universe and there's 7 rings oh wait there's like 9 oh now there's one again.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I just like Hal as a character as well as the dynamic he, Kyle, John, and Guy have. I feel he's a bit underrated among the iconic JL cast.

Although J'onn deserves more recognition as well.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

View attachment 262821

Here we go

Who is Dragapult? Well it’s a Pokémon from the Galar region. A Dragon/Ghost type creature who once roamed the sea in prehistoric times, but went extinct and was reborn as a spirit. It’s pastimes include shooting it’s babies out of it’s head.

It’s high speed and powerful physical offense make it one of the strongest Pokémon in Galar’s competitive, and a personal favorite of mine. Not much is known about its personality at the moment, so I had to improvise. This particular Dragapult is very haughty, looking down on others as if it views them as pitiful at the absolute best. Chuckling to itself with the wisdom of something that’s been around a couple thousand years and has seen a few things in that time. It’s got it all figured out, and it figures you’re a loser. The Dreepy in it’s horns however, are more childlike and filled with a boundless curiosity despite their weak forms. Even though their personalities contrast, they work in perfect sync with each other.

For it’s neutral attack, Dragapult will swipe the end of it’s ghostly tail left to right. This transitions to a rapid jab, where it whips the end of its tail back and forth.

It’s side A has it sweep it’s whole tail in front of it, letting the momentum of it’s previous run carry it a bit.

It’s aerials are all maneuvers involving it’s tail, be it swinging downwards, upwards, forwards or backwards.
Dragapult grabs with it’s long tail, wrapping it around it’s opponent. The pummel has it squeeze it’s foe like a boa constrictor, over and over.

The down throw has it slam the foe downwards, pin them under it’s tail, and fire a dragon pulse right at them.

View attachment 262823

It’s signature move. When the button is pressed once, Dragapult will launch a single Dreepy. When pressed twice, it’ll launch both Dreepy forwards, one after the other. When the button is held down and the move is allowed to charge, Dragapult will launch both Dreepy simultaneously to both sides of it. Hitting enemies to the left and right.

View attachment 262824

Engulfed in ghostly energy, Dragapult will rocket forwards across the stage. If it hits someone, Dragapult will disappear...and reappear facing the opposite direction! This could be used to damage and disorient enemies, dropping them in a completely different location while they’re still pressing buttons. It can be aimed as well. This move can only teleport one character at a time.

View attachment 262825
Up Special-U-Turn

Dragapult will shoot upwards and quickly land back down a little to the right, resembling an upside down “U” shape. Anyone under Dragapult when it touches down will be pretty badly hurt.

View attachment 262826

This move is a two parter. At first, Dragapult will use will o wisp. Summoning a ghostly flame and shooting it forwards. If it hits someone, they’ll be afflicted with a burn. It’s basically the same as spicy curry. But here comes the next part, once someone on the stage is burned, will o wisp becomes Hex.

Dragapult will shoot some small spirit energy. If it hits someone who isn’t burned it does nothing, but if it hits someone with a burn...
View attachment 262827
KABOOM! Massive damage! And they’ll be knocked out for a little while. It’s kinda like a more situational rest. The Hex moves slowly, so it’ll be tricky to hit the burn victim while they’re running around before the burn wears off. But it’s oh-so worth it.

Dragapult will Dynamax, and teleport to the background of the stage. It’ll use Max Wyrmwind, summoning a massive tornado of draconian energy across the stage. Sucking up fighters and doing big damage.
View attachment 262830
In Dragapult’s up taunt, the Dreepy will whisper to it, and they’ll all chuckle to themselves. They’re probably laughing at you...

View attachment 262831
In the side taunt, the Dreepy will happfly around Dragapult as it watches, content that the kids are happy.

View attachment 262832
View attachment 262833
Pikachu is minding his business while an invisibile Dragapult stalks him. Dragapult will jump scare Pikachu, scaring the crap out of him.

View attachment 262834
Dragapult and the Dreepy will dance with eachother. Twirling around in the air and singing a little tune.

View attachment 262835
Dragapult is having some trouble firing form it’s horns. The camera pans out just as it finally shoots and...Pichu was in there???

It’s victory theme would be a snippet of the Sw/Sh main theme. Which is the main Pokémon theme with the Hall of Fame theme mixed in.
Dragapult’s Alts are based on other pseudo legendary Pokémon. (I didn’t draw them sorryyy)

Dragapult would be a fast and strong fighter, with powerful yet kinda tricky attacks. It can be used by a new player just fine, but in the hands of a player who knows what they’re doing? It’s a force to be reckoned with. It doesn’t have that many jumps though, and it’s recovery can send it straight down off the stage if aimed incorrectly (like Incineroar).

...pffft NO! It’s gonna be Urshifu or something, definitely not this ghost salamander with a big ass tail and stubby little arms. I did this for fun, and it’s that odd body shape that made making this so fun.

Wademan94 Wademan94 Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F AndreaAC AndreaAC @JDCabrera MooMew64 MooMew64 @PeridotGX ZephyrZ ZephyrZ @pizzadudemanguy
:3 AWWWW, the doodles are wonderful and FREAKIN' CUTE as all heck. :D Wonderful work, Noi!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

View attachment 262821

Here we go

View attachment 262823

View attachment 262824

View attachment 262825
Up Special-U-Turn

View attachment 262826

View attachment 262827

View attachment 262830

View attachment 262831

View attachment 262832
View attachment 262833

View attachment 262834

View attachment 262835

Dang, y'all just convinced me Dragapult would be the best SwSh rep. Well done dude, this is amazing, and the drawings are incredible!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Here we go

View attachment 262823

View attachment 262824

View attachment 262825
Up Special-U-Turn

View attachment 262826

View attachment 262827

View attachment 262830

View attachment 262831
In the side taunt, the Dreepy will happily fly around Dragapult as it watches, content that the kids are happy.

View attachment 262832
View attachment 262833

View attachment 262834

View attachment 262835

The Dreepy will also take the form of the Pokémon’s pre evolutions.

I quite like this. It has projectiles, while also moving fast and having quick physical attacks.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

View attachment 262821

Here we go

View attachment 262823

View attachment 262824

View attachment 262825
Up Special-U-Turn

View attachment 262826

View attachment 262827

View attachment 262830

View attachment 262831
In the side taunt, the Dreepy will happily fly around Dragapult as it watches, content that the kids are happy.

View attachment 262832
View attachment 262833

View attachment 262834

View attachment 262835

Nice work, Noi.

I don't know much about this Pokemon but you managed to create a personality for him that I find extremely appealing. The drawings for his specials, win poses, and taunts were very charming as well.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Told myself this morning if I wake up early I can get myself a McDonald's Breakfast for once.

Woke up half an hour ago and missed it.
Ah, Tesco's cafe it is then. Probably the only person of my age group who enjoys eating from there in the UK.
Get to annoy a friend there too so it all works out.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
My brain just trolled me big time.

I had a Smash-related dream, but I was hardly able to remember anything about it. When I woke up, I found my phone on my bed. When I looked at it, I found that I was recording myself before I feel asleep, and I had recorded myself while I was sleeping too. I skipped through most of the recording, and found that somehow, I was able to watch the dream I had. The dream was a fight with Palutena, fighting against some other character, on a brand new stage. The stage was big and had lots of details and features, including enemies and hazards.

I feel asleep again later, and had a Pokémon Showdown dream. After I woke up, I went in my sister's room with my laptop, as I was somehow able to watch my dreams on there as well. I then showed her the dream I had. It was me playing Pokémon Showdown, but you were able to use all six of your Pokémon at the same time, with two rows of three. (Tagging Noipoi Noipoi as he was my opponent in the dream.) All of the Pokémon were also standing on these weird, detailed, monstrous platforms. After I finished watching, I got excited, as I'd be able to see what all of my dreams were like from now on.

As it turns out, the entire thing was a dream from the beginning.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 262821

Here we go

View attachment 262823

View attachment 262824

View attachment 262825
Up Special-U-Turn

View attachment 262826

View attachment 262827

View attachment 262830

View attachment 262831

View attachment 262832
View attachment 262833

View attachment 262834

View attachment 262835

Great work! This is already a lot better than the move sets I have previously made.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I want a Jaime Reyes Blue beetle movie where he takes his alien super suit and acts like a Kaman rider when he fights. Because Jaime is Latino and most Latinos are complete weebs it's perfect.
He's a real cool character. I think adapting his first comic run back in 06 into a film would be cool. Though I wouldn't want him to act too differently than he does in the comics.

I think the biggest thing about Marvel vs DC is... I just can't relate to most of the DC cast.

How do you expect me to relate with Superman, basically a god among men who has jesus symbolism thrown in his face every 10 seconds?

This is why I like Marvel better, 'most' of the Heroes are just.... humans. They're humans with powers sure like Bruce Banner or Peter Parker, but they're still just human. I can sympathize or relate with them, which probably has a lot to do with why Batman is so beloved by a lot. In a world with Superman, he's just a dude. A rich dude with gadgets sure, but.... a dude. Anyone can 'be' Batman, no one can be Superman.
That was never an issue with me personally. I never felt the need to related to a character to still enjoy their stories and who they are. I guess that's why Superman never bothered me. Granted, my two favorite comic properties are Spider-Man and X-Men. Though that has more to do with who they are on multiple levels than just reliability. It's part of the reason why I'm not into MCU Spider-Man much. Quite a few character traits I like out of Peter Parker are either played down or ignored in the MCU. But I've always liked Daredevil, Batman and the Flash as well. And Teen Titans is pretty cool usually too.

I can never understand the whole "Marvel vs DC" in that regard, cause yeah, you might like one more than the other. But fanboying/fangirling to the point you hate the other is dumb.

Just get into the hype characters of both companies and ignore the losers like I do.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I want a Jaime Reyes Blue beetle movie where he takes his alien super suit and acts like a Kaman rider when he fights. Because Jaime is Latino and most Latinos are complete weebs it's perfect.
He's a real cool character. I think adapting his first comic run back in 06 into a film would be cool. Though I wouldn't want him to act too differently than he does in the comics.
I wonder who’d be a good casting choice for Jamie?

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone.

So I see nothing too special has happened since I went to bed.

Uh...Idk, I'm just gonna peace for a bit until the thread is a bit more active. I'm falling very behind in like 1 class(granted I literally understand like... 1% of what we're currently learning about so makes sense why I'm behind) so gonna focus on that for awhile.

Hopefully I can finally finish recording and actually get my project started before my trial runs out(because I have an idea for the next episode, which is more work, but would look better and make more sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom