• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Alright I did it. Took me hours, but I made a moveset for Dragapult.

View attachment 262821

Here we go

Who is Dragapult? Well it’s a Pokémon from the Galar region. A Dragon/Ghost type creature who once roamed the sea in prehistoric times, but went extinct and was reborn as a spirit. It’s pastimes include shooting it’s babies out of it’s head.

It’s high speed and powerful physical offense make it one of the strongest Pokémon in Galar’s competitive, and a personal favorite of mine. Not much is known about its personality at the moment, so I had to improvise. This particular Dragapult is very haughty, looking down on others as if it views them as pitiful at the absolute best. Chuckling to itself with the wisdom of something that’s been around a couple thousand years and has seen a few things in that time. It’s got it all figured out, and it figures you’re a loser. The Dreepy in it’s horns however, are more childlike and filled with a boundless curiosity despite their weak forms. Even though their personalities contrast, they work in perfect sync with each other.

For it’s neutral attack, Dragapult will swipe the end of it’s ghostly tail left to right. This transitions to a rapid jab, where it whips the end of its tail back and forth.

It’s side A has it sweep it’s whole tail in front of it, letting the momentum of it’s previous run carry it a bit.

It’s down A has it lift it’s tail and quickly slam it back down.

It’s up A is a quick headbutt upwards. Those horns aren’t just for shooting.

It’s aerials are all maneuvers involving it’s tail, be it swinging downwards, upwards, forwards or backwards.
Dragapult grabs with it’s long tail, wrapping it around it’s opponent. The pummel has it squeeze it’s foe like a boa constrictor, over and over.

The forward throw has it spin around and toss it’s foe.

The up throw has it turn upside down, throwing it’s foe upwards on the way.

The back throw has it spin counter clock wise and toss the foe.

The down throw has it slam the foe downwards, pin them under it’s tail, and fire a dragon pulse right at them.
(Sorry for the crap doodles)

View attachment 262823
Neutral Special-Dragon Darts

It’s signature move. When the button is pressed once, Dragapult will launch a single Dreepy. When pressed twice, it’ll launch both Dreepy forwards, one after the other. When the button is held down and the move is allowed to charge, Dragapult will launch both Dreepy simultaneously to both sides of it. Hitting enemies to the left and right.

View attachment 262824
Side Special-Phantom Force

Engulfed in ghostly energy, Dragapult will rocket forwards across the stage. If it hits someone, Dragapult will disappear...and reappear facing the opposite direction! This could be used to damage and disorient enemies, dropping them in a completely different location while they’re still pressing buttons. It can be aimed as well. This move can only teleport one character at a time.

View attachment 262825
Up Special-U-Turn

Dragapult will shoot upwards and quickly land back down a little to the right, resembling an upside down “U” shape. Anyone under Dragapult when it touches down will be pretty badly hurt.

View attachment 262826
Down Special-Will o Wisp/Hex

This move is a two parter. At first, Dragapult will use will o wisp. Summoning a ghostly flame and shooting it forwards. If it hits someone, they’ll be afflicted with a burn. It’s basically the same as spicy curry. But here comes the next part, once someone on the stage is burned, will o wisp becomes Hex.

Dragapult will shoot some small spirit energy. If it hits someone who isn’t burned it does nothing, but if it hits someone with a burn...
View attachment 262827
KABOOM! Massive damage! And they’ll be knocked out for a little while. It’s kinda like a more situational rest. The Hex moves slowly, so it’ll be tricky to hit the burn victim while they’re running around before the burn wears off. But it’s oh-so worth it.

View attachment 262828Final Smash-Max Wyrmwind

Dragapult will Dynamax, and teleport to the background of the stage. It’ll use Max Wyrmwind, summoning a massive tornado of draconian energy across the stage. Sucking up fighters and doing big damage.
View attachment 262830
In Dragapult’s up taunt, the Dreepy will whisper to it, and they’ll all chuckle to themselves. They’re probably laughing at you...

View attachment 262831
In the side taunt, the Dreepy will happily fly around Dragapult as it watches, content that the kids are happy.

View attachment 262832
in the down taunt, Dragapult briefly turns invisible before reappearing.
View attachment 262833
Pikachu is minding his business while an invisibile Dragapult stalks him. Dragapult will jump scare Pikachu, scaring the crap out of him.

View attachment 262834
Dragapult and the Dreepy will dance with eachother. Twirling around in the air and singing a little tune.

View attachment 262835
Dragapult is having some trouble firing form it’s horns. The camera pans out just as it finally shoots and...Pichu was in there???

It’s victory theme would be a snippet of the Sw/Sh main theme. Which is the main Pokémon theme with the Hall of Fame theme mixed in.
Dragapult’s Alts are based on other pseudo legendary Pokémon. (I didn’t draw them sorryyy)

An orange alt with green horns and a tan tail, based on Dragonite.

A green alt with purple horns and a black tail, based on Tyranitar.

A light blue alt with red horns and a white tail, based on Salamance.

A dark blue alt with yellow horns and a red tail, based on Garchomp.

A Cobalt alt with magenta horns and a black tail, based on Hydreigon.

A light purple alt with green horns and a dark purple tail, based on Goodra.

And finally a grey alt with red horns and a yellow tail, based on Kommo-o.

Sorry Metagross :/

The Dreepy will also take the form of the Pokémon’s pre evolutions.
Dragapult would be a fast and strong fighter, with powerful yet kinda tricky attacks. It can be used by a new player just fine, but in the hands of a player who knows what they’re doing? It’s a force to be reckoned with. It doesn’t have that many jumps though, and it’s recovery can send it straight down off the stage if aimed incorrectly (like Incineroar).

Now, I think Dragapult has a real shot at Smash?

...pffft NO! It’s gonna be Urshifu or something, definitely not this ghost salamander with a big ass tail and stubby little arms. I did this for fun, and it’s that odd body shape that made making this so fun.

So yeah, there it is. Thanks for reading!
Wademan94 Wademan94 @Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F @AndreaAC @JDCabrera MooMew64 MooMew64 @PeridotGX @Zachmac @pizzadudemanguy
Not gonna lie Noi, I kinda hate that you turned my most wanted gen 8 rep from Toxtricity to Dragapult within the span of 15 minutes.

Seriously, this moveset that you workshopped is pretty rad. Dragapult is a fantastic choice as Smash's Sw/Sh representative, and is someone I never really considered. A psuedo-legendary on the battlefield feels like a no-brainer, and I'm retroactively surprised we don't have one as of right now. Nice work, mate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kasumi looks like someone P5R will somewhat force Joker to be intimate with...which would be the big boo. Makoto/Kawakami/Takemi are the only women a man needs

Also the Sonic movie was ****ing great (best video game movie right now)

AigisRen

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-8311-2361-6150
Kasumi looks like someone P5R will somewhat force Joker to be intimate with...which would be the big boo. Makoto/Kawakami/Takemi are the only women a man needs

Also the Sonic movie was ****ing great (best video game movie right now)
Don't know why but Kasumi always reminds me of the Female Protagonist from P3

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Being he's my favorite Batman villain due to obvious reasons. I'd love to see an film about Killer Croc.

Could easily work as an hybrid of an slasher/killer creature flick given his nature and cannibalistic tendencies. Think an 80s horror like C.H.U.D., Alligator and any number of slasher movies.

Killer Croc is a villain that if you're going to do, then you just do it right and make him a full fledged monster not making him someone sympathetic. We don't need to feel pity for every bad guy that comes across the screen. Joker just isn't a character we should feel sorry for. He's the type of character we should somewhat feel guilty for loving so much. The same type of feeling one gets when watching the likes of Freddy or Jason slaughtering innocent people. This is why TDK Joker is a perfect example. It just comes right out and says it: he's insane and he's insane just because he's insane.

We don't need character studies and deep motivations for some characters (Killer Croc included). As The Dark Knight wonderfully said, some people just want to watch the world burn. They can't be reasoned with or understood.

Joker was an modern masterpiece and wonderful movie, yes but such a ideal film like this doesn't need to have a movie about said bad guy get the same treatment. Killer Croc, again, shouldn't fall under this. He could definitely fill his own movie and be opposite of someone like Gordon before his days as police commissioner and having to track him down. So you'd get a combo of monster on the loose, slasher, and police work. Again, a type of blend that was all over in the 80s.

My idea for the title of such an movie would be Croc.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...I dunno, I just didn't expect you people to exist.

Usually it's either Joker or Harley. Lmao
>_>

<_<

Bane is totally not my favourite Batman vilain...not at all......:cheep:

:halfsheep:

:emptysheep:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My favorite Batman villain is Mr. Freeze. The only Batman villain I think has any chance at actual redemption.
To be honest I wouldn't even consider him an villain nor evil to begin with. He's just an desperate loving husband seeking a cure for his wife.

I'd say he falls more in the lines of an antagonist/anti-villain.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This guy?
Maybe.
I can see him being Jaime, yeah.

My favorite Batman villain is Mr. Freeze. The only Batman villain I think has any chance at actual redemption.
One of my favorite Batsman stories is in the Beyond era when he does redeem himself but nobody in Gotham wants it because of the horrible acts he caused in the past.

In the end he ends up dying and his last words to Terry were "trust me Batman, your the only one who cared."

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Other ideas for potential supervillain movies.

An Goodfellas/Wolf Of Wall Street style Penguin movie and historical drama style movie about Lex Luthor becoming the wealthy world changer before taking a sharp turn into his downfall due to his Superman one dipping obsession.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Other ideas for potential supervillain movies.

An Goodfellas/Wolf Of Wall Street style Penguin movie and historical drama style movie about Lex Luthor becoming the wealthy world changer before taking a sharp turn into his downfall due to his Superman one dipping obsession.
I will sheepishly admit that one of the films I’ve been writing is a Music Meister movie inspired by Rocketman. But she doesn’t stay a villain by the end of the story. It’s like, supervillain rehab.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So since Pokemkn Twilight Wings ep 2 is out, and some of you guys have seen it, can we talk about how Bea is on Machamp level of strength? And even if she isn't, she's far pass Machop and Machoke level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom