• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Also the next dlc character for dbfz has supposedly been datamined and it's..

Omega Shenron! I hope it's true!

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just came back from watching Birds of Prey from the cinema.

Personally I felt its much better than Suicide Squad, but not quite as good as Deadpool.

Whilst Margot Robbie and Ewan McGregor were the main standouts, I felt that the rest of the cast were quite underdeveloped and it took them quite a while for them to eventually team up.

In addition, I didn't really understood why they have to change Cassandra Cain's backstory in which she becomes a pickpocket and I felt that they could've provided a different name for Ella Jay Basco's character.

My overall verdict: Whilst once again, Margot Robbie and Ewan McGregor were the standouts of the film, in addition to its underdeveloped side charcaters, the story and its scenes were quite forgetable. - 6/10
Will probably try and watch Sonic the Hedgehog next, in which I do believe it can surpass Birds of Prey's box office numbers.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So does anyone suddenly get like clingy urges to friends? For example you want to show something to them and you end annoying them unintentionally?

Kinda going through that now. Did some practise on changing quotes from history and stuff so trying my best not to but wanting to get their reaction to it to the point of pestering.

God I miss the world without social media sometimes, he says on a forum.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I want some cool things to read, whether it be comics, books, fanfics, I do not care. Can you guys give me some?
I recommend the Zelda manga They're pretty good adaptations of the games and they do a good job of making Link talk and it doesn't feel off. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51C29zk1BQL.jpg

So does anyone suddenly get like clingy urges to friends? For example you want to show something to them and you end annoying them unintentionally?

Kinda going through that now. Did some practise on changing quotes from history and stuff so trying my best not to but wanting to get their reaction to it to the point of pestering.

I get that, except I end up being the opposite way because i'm often too afraid of being clingy so I come off as distant instead, if that makes sense.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was talking about this yesterday, but here is that rumor that mentioned how GO was getting it's own dex sometime after Sword and shield releases.
Screenshot (9).png
[/QUOTE}

It has a new eevee, which say what you will about it, actually makes a lot of sense. GO loves giving pokemon walking distances to evolve. Eevee somehow did not get an evolution this gen despite it making so much sense.

Go Forms sounds like a pretty logical step up from regional forms and feels a little odd for someone to just make up imo.

I can totally see the Quadruplet thing, especially when GO loves encouraging real world travel.

I'm not saying its real, but this has been so overlooked like the Let's go leaks that it really makes me think. Especially when internally Melmetal and Melta were listed as Gen 7 Pokemon , so changing them to having no pokedex listing now in sword and shield/home is a really interesting coincidence if this rumor isn't real. Regardless of the outcome, I think this is a pretty neat thing to talk about.

D

Deleted member

This is me in a nutshell honestly.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Is anyone else excited about the Super Smash Flash 2 update that’s tomorrow? It adds 6 more characters (Simon, Krystal, Rayman, Waluigi, Ryu, and Lucario,) new sprites for some existing characters (Sora, Kirby, and Ness,) new costumes for some of the cast that are actual palette swaps rather than the awkward color filters that they were stuck with using before, new stages, Final Smashes re-added to most of the cast, ect. Plus, there’ll be more frequent updates for the rest of the year.

We might also see the Sonic movie tomorrow but we’ll see.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
lol what, I didn’t know you could teach Surf to any Pikachu in the new games...

Thanks, Youtube.
Huh, so I guess that's not an event exclusive move any longer.

Makes you wonder why they did that with surf when it still can't learn fly.
I was talking about this yesterday, but here is that rumor that mentioned how GO was getting it's own dex sometime after Sword and shield releases.
Yeah I don't buy this one bit. It's not impossible but there's a few things that stand out to me.

First, Go Forms sound kind of dumb. Not everyone can afford to go on a trip out of country just for their silly mobile game. Granted continent exclusive species are also dumb, but they do make up for that with occasional events where they spawn outside of their continents. I suppose such forms could exist during events, but still.

Second, Champeon is a fan name that's been flying around forever. Real original.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Is anyone else excited about the Super Smash Flash 2 update that’s tomorrow? It adds 6 more characters (Simon, Krystal, Rayman, Waluigi, Ryu, and Lucario,) new sprites for some existing characters (Sora, Kirby, and Ness,) new costumes for some of the cast that are actual palette swaps rather than the awkward color filters that they were stuck with using before, new stages, Final Smashes re-added to most of the cast, ect. Plus, there’ll be more frequent updates for the rest of the year.
I'll be sure to play it, to try out all the new characters.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We now have the full silhouette of the new Mythical Pokémon

Kind of monkey looking.

We'll see the full reveal February 27.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nier Automata has been "loading map" for 20 minutes now.

I haven't saved in about an hour.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What was your favorite parts of your playthrough?
There were so many! But here's a few:

-The Wutai Side Quests with Yuffie were excellent. Super funny scenarios and over all a cool theme for a village.

-Collecting enemy skills was a blast and really helped open up the combat for me.

-RNG Manipulating Chocobo breeding for a gold was some of the most fun I've ever had with an RPG. Made me feel like I was some kind of speed runner pulling off a cool trick, lol.

-Don't want to spoil it for those who will be new to the game with the remake coming out soon, but let's just say every interaction between Tifa and Cloud were fantastic and some of my top character moments across all the RPGs I've played.

-Anything involving my boy Barret was 10/10.

-Taking out the final boss with W-Summon Knights of the Round Mimic was hilarious and super cool pay off for all the grinding I did throughout the playthrough.

-Oh my goodness, the underwater music is breathtaking! So relaxing, it's like SE's version of Aquatic Ambiance!

-Beating Emerald Weapon!

I could go on, honestly. This game was such a joy to play through: Honestly, there were only two things I didn't like about the whole thing, and that was the Gold Saucer mini games and the Fort Condor sidequest. Those two small things aside, though? The game was amazing, and definitely worthy of the praise it gets. It very much feels like the Ocarina of Time of JRPGs to me: A timeless classic I feel just about anyone could enjoy if they even remotely like RPGs. So much of it feels like it was ahead of its time for when it came out as well, I was constantly surprised at how well it's held up.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh, so I guess that's not an event exclusive move any longer.

Makes you wonder why they did that with surf when it still can't learn fly.

Yeah I don't buy this one bit. It's not impossible but there's a few things that stand out to me.

First, Go Forms sound kind of dumb. Not everyone can afford to go on a trip out of country just for their silly mobile game. Granted continent exclusive species are also dumb, but they do make up for that with occasional events where they spawn outside of their continents. I suppose such forms could exist during events, but still.

Second, Champeon is a fan name that's been flying around forever. Real original.
If anything that makes me actually into it more because Pokémon go has shown it doesn’t care if you can afford to travel or not.

They just added 6 more Pokémon to continent exclusives with gen 5.

most of which really shouldn’t be. They don’t actually care if people are completionists or not. Go forms also sound like they wouldn’t take a Pokédex spot but just exist to give you something different while traveling. So I would t say that’s really unfair.

Also we only got one event where they shifted regionals around and that was after 3 years.

as for champeon, I hear that same argument a lot but I honestly think it’s a pretty weak one.

Plenty of people back in the day predicted things like leafeon or glacieon as names before their reveal. And if espeon wasn’t gen two, that would absolutely be the go too name for a psychic or eevee by fans. I don’t see the name being predictable as a point against it, especially when Pokémon love’s puns and there would be no better fighting type eevee name imo

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imagine time travelling back one year ago, and telling everyone that the Sonic Movie would have better reviews than Rise of Skywalker.
Well, it's the reality now. The simulation is glitching.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Sonic flossed in the movie.

In a mock stream Sonic said "What's up Sonic Squad"

Only Sonic could get away with this. If Mario flossed in the Mario movie from Illumination people would be going ballistic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We now have the full silhouette of the new Mythical Pokémon

Kind of monkey looking.

We'll see the full reveal February 27.
looks like a cat monkey thing and kinda of gremlin like. Curious to see the full design.

MooMew64

Sonic flossed in the movie.

In a mock stream Sonic said "What's up Sonic Squad"

Only Sonic could get away with this. If Mario flossed in the Mario movie from Illumination people would be going ballistic.
Sonic has become one with the memes at this point. Sonic could do just about anything nowadays and most would go "Yep. That's about right."

I miss when he wasn't a meme. :drsad:

D

Deleted member

There was something I was going to post, but I forgot it because this class is boring af :drsad:

But hey, I learned a few cool party tricks!

I can slide cards into decks without pushing it from the back!

MooMew64

Hearing lots of good things about the Sonic Movie. I'm honestly really glad, Sonic needs a good win after Forces failed to deliver a good follow-up to Mania.

Here's hoping for a good game announcement at that panel next month. SA1 Remake, maybe? Some hints goin' on from their Twitter about that one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hearing lots of good things about the Sonic Movie. I'm honestly really glad, Sonic needs a good win after Forces failed to deliver a good follow-up to Mania.

Here's hoping for a good game announcement at that panel next month. SA1 Remake, maybe? Some hints goin' on from their Twitter about that one.
SA1 aaaaand SA2 remakes would be SICK

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So my dad bought these things called cotton candy grapes.

They look like ordinary white grapes but they actually taste like cotton candy (and it's all natural).

Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom