• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, I have to say that things are really chill over at Gran Canaria.

It isn't a perfect place of course (crime exists sometimes), but you don't hear about as much drama or heavy stuff as I do on the internet.

And I feel that the nature of our islands as a place regularly filled with tourists or people from all over the world has made a huge part of the population really acceptable of cultures and many styles of live in general.

So yeah, I do feel great living here.
You got lucky then. What you mention here, in comparison to Mexico, its way off. I had great times, I will admit, but living in a place in a constant state of fear for one reason or another, is not of the best. And now that we are seeing that the person that was "supposedly" going to make things better acts senile and does a lot of counterproductive things that affects a lot of people, its way worse now. But well, only time will tell how things will go for me from some months forward.

D

Deleted member

You got lucky then. What you mention here, in comparison to Mexico, its way off. I had great times, I will admit, but living in a place in a constant state of fear for one reason or another, is not of the best. And now that we are seeing that the person that was "supposedly" going to make things better acts senile and does a lot of counterproductive things that affects a lot of people, its way worse now. But well, only time will tell how things will go for me from some months forward.
Hopefully things do improve.

D

Deleted member

Made a few more silhouettes lol

Who's that (totally not a pokemon) Pokemon?!
9c50852486916bd29ad954f12b390e8e (1) (2).jpg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You sound like some guru saying everyone would be better if they just meditated more.

The only thing people are guilty of is being human beings. It’s human nature to want things. It’s human nature to hope those things happen when opportunity arises. And it’s human nature to be upset if it doesn’t.
I was just saying some people might have more fun with things and not get so worked up if they went with the flow more. I used to get very worked up over Nintendo news, but lately, I've come to just see there are more important things in life and that stressing myself out and getting mad at video games not being the way I want isn't a good use of the time I've been given.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Oh, I do also collect action figures (mostly Marvel Legends, Transformers and hopefully DQ figma stuff in the future).

Tomorrow in fact a Marvel Legends figure from the F4 wave comes out tomorrow (Doctor Doom), and I’m really excited for it.

I wish the other figures on the wave released tomorrow too, but the owner of the store did tell me those may be tougher to get, but that they would try to see ways to get them.
Niiice. I mostly buy the stuff straight from japan like sh figuarts or figma but I do have some others. I should show you my collection some time if you want lol.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah, I have to say that things are really chill over at Gran Canaria.
It isn't a perfect place of course (crime exists sometimes), but you don't hear about as much drama or heavy stuff as I do on the internet.
And I feel that the nature of our islands as a place regularly filled with tourists or people from all over the world has made a huge part of the population really acceptable of cultures and many styles of live in general.
So yeah, I do feel great living here.
I could say the same in a sense.

I'm proud of where I am in a way, me living in Northern Ireland the past about seven years has changed my worldview. I've lived in England and way down in the Republic but I consider NI my home now.
It's history of being a divided place and going to mixed schools from both sides has made me far more accepting of others.

And to SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , I probably share a bit of similar worldview with yourself. Without diving too deep into politics I am very worried about the way the world is going, so yeah I'm kinda hoping for a Direct to lift my spirits sometimes but there is also some other ways that can help you be a little bit more optimistic. Write a story for instance.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I keep wondering if Nintendo is planning to phase out Directs in favour of a slow trickle of announcements through Twitter, to save on the costs of production for the videos.

It would suck if that was the case because as it is now when a less desirable announcement happens people don't get (as) angry because they can latch onto the things they do like, but if all announcements were separate then you would have something like "why are you announcing this stupid Wii Sports (just a generic example) when you could be announcing something we want like Mario Odyssey 2?"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oobie Doo
I want Nintendo new-ew-ews
I wanna see some games, that I can play before May or June
How amazing it would be, if a Nintendo fan like me
Could finally watch, a brand new direct soon

51E225AB-BBC2-43CF-BAF8-3D81B07C4A02.jpeg

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I keep wondering if Nintendo is planning to phase out Directs in favour of a slow trickle of announcements through Twitter, to save on the costs of production for the videos.

It would suck if that was the case because as it is now when a less desirable announcement happens people don't get (as) angry because they can latch onto the things they do like, but if all announcements were separate then you would have something like "why are you announcing this stupid Wii Sports (just a generic example) when you could be announcing something we want like Mario Odyssey 2?"
A slow trickle of announcements would be less desirable IMO - while on the one hand, it does mean longish gaps where there's radio silence or just a few small things emerging (some of which are leaks so weren't meant to), when you watch a direct you know that you and everyone else watching are seeing these announcements for the first time. If it was just tweeted out, you might not be on Twitter at that point, so not see it until hours later, whereas you know ahead to tune in for a direct to see reveals. Plus a video reveal just has more theatricality and oomph to it than a tweet

And yeah, gotta agree on your point about people complaining in the Twitter replies

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don’t know if anyone here watches GabaLeth’s comic dubs, but I just got cast for one of them, so hey, that’s pretty nice.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well there are rumors that the launches of the PS5 and Xbox one x may have been delayed because of the virus. And Switches in Japan selling out because of the panic.

D

Deleted member

Everyone is here!
Even Satan!
Did somebody say Satan?!
866EEE9C-D9AF-4300-A1E1-23D74AE6A5FC.jpeg

Coulda sworn there were a few cards in Buddyfight and Vanguard that have Saten references, but this is better than nothing I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Is everyone legit just ignoring me again or something?

Seems pretty sus how everytime I anyone say to start convos or just ****post no-one even says anything back, or even has a notable reaction.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Is everyone legit just ignoring me again or something?

Seems pretty sus how everytime I anyone say to start convos or just ****post no-one even says anything back, or even has a notable reaction.
Just because people don’t have anything to say about your posts doesn’t mean they aren’t ignoring you. If they don’t have anything to contribute to a conversation, they won’t do so, I’d wager.

D

Deleted member

Just because people don’t have anything to say about your posts doesn’t mean they aren’t ignoring you. If they don’t have anything to contribute to a conversation, they won’t do so, I’d wager.
It’s not just that, I’ve made it a point these past months to participate in convos already going on, but half of the time even when I ask questions or just say anything to continue discussions in general.. nada nothing.

It legit feels like everyone’s putting me on the ignore list again, and it’s mildly annoying me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

It’s not just that, I’ve made it a point these past months to participate in convos already going on, but half of the time even when I ask questions or just say anything to continue discussions in general.. nada nothing.

It legit feels like everyone’s putting me on the ignore list again, and it’s mildly annoying me.
I have similar narrow fields of interests like you and there are days where I do feel ignored online but it happens.
And yeah it does annoy the hell outta me when I ask a question and it gets ignored. Asked a question here the other about the typography used in the fighters pass and that didn't get a reaction.

Best you can do is roll with it.

Shroob

Sup?
I have similar narrow fields of interests like you and there are days where I do feel ignored online but it happens.
And yeah it does annoy the hell outta me when I ask a question and it gets ignored. Asked a question here the other about the typography used in the fighters pass and that didn't get a reaction.

Best you can do is roll with it.
To be fair I doubt anyone here even knows what it is to begin with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I get how you feel.

To say the least, I lack feedback on 90% of what I do, which doesn't help.

I just... go meh and ask others. But I'm on other forums, so eh.

Dutch Raikuna

So change of topic here but does anyone still look at the 3DS eShop?

I've looking at the smaller titles on it and my God aren't there those nice bite sized games. The early eShop was such a gold mine for 3DS.
Just revisiting them.

Edit: This is gonna get buried.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
@JDCabrera
So here’s what I have so far. I have it organized by size right now but I may change that since the second shelf is a bit empty. But anyway what do you think?
D374D88F-8B33-4159-AF6B-282855569A96.jpeg

EAEBFC70-5381-438C-8136-865086DD6307.jpeg

CF56B3A3-B86D-41E8-B090-784D8F2086DE.jpeg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You’ve heard the mans demand Nintendo:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status